Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 129 of 131[ 5216 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next

Re: PWLib Casemaker (Released 1.1 at 14/09/2008 11:24PM GMT-Topic%20Title

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

I'm more considering release 1.2 to not let all the work i did since 1.1 until i left CR to simply go to waste.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Art Person

Looking at the preview image, I have to say this case maker looks really professional! I'd love to give it a try (If only it were for Mac also... :sadshoe: )

Yup. I'm a salmon.

I'm in the process of making a game with this CaseMaker myself. I think that if the games (That will take a long time to make of course) are of good quality, then it will show others what you can do with PWLib.

Ace Culprit

so its official now,

KSA mentioned earlier that he will release 1.2 soon here in CR.

I will entertain any concerns regarding PWLib and answers all your questions for the mean time... PM me or post in this thread.

There's a lot of work to be done, and I'm trying to unite back the "old team" to see if something can be done.

The most important thing is to add missing graphics and characters to the given extensions (mainly add gk2 stuff to the Mikumo Extension).
Secondly, fixes for bugs in the already implemented features.
And after that, add missing features, start work on the Kirakishou Extension (the old Kirakishou Language) and so on.

Also for Macs and Linux, there's always the WinE option. I kinda need to test it myself to see how compatible it is.

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Rising Inspirations

KSA_Tech wrote:
There's a lot of work to be done, and I'm trying to unite back the "old team" to see if something can be done.

The most important thing is to add missing graphics and characters to the given extensions (mainly add gk2 stuff to the Mikumo Extension).
Secondly, fixes for bugs in the already implemented features.
And after that, add missing features, start work on the Kirakishou Extension (the old Kirakishou Language) and so on.

Also for Macs and Linux, there's always the WinE option. I kinda need to test it myself to see how compatible it is.

Rayaj contacted me about helping with some tutorial/the book. I still feel of holding some degree of obligation to help work on the PWLib 1.2 book. I don't have much time since I'm working in a research lab (might work in two) on top of other university stuff (unfortunately that's my fault in my own handling, but you know that, haha).

I'm not in the level in design that I used to be, but I believe it's sufficient to have what we envisioned years ago. I did learn some new techniques though. If I do work on something like that, it will be definitely be a slow work-in-progress.

But more importantly, even though we have each other added on steam, it's been years since we last talked. We have a lot to catch up on. Sometime when the chance comes, we should talk here and there like old times. I'm actually curious if you are still working on your Strike Witches project haha xD.

You don't need to feel any level of obligation towards me or pwlib. I don't want people to help just because they are forced to, but because they want to.

After what happened in the past, I became very sour towards anything PW (ignored GK2, the AA 2012 movie and PWLib itself, to name a few).

I put the SW project on hold due to lack of spriters, but since i'll be working on AIGE itself, I may resume it eventually.

If you need translators for other languages I can translate PWLib into Italian.

Last edited by Deoxys96 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deoxys96 wrote:
If you need translators for other languages I can translate PWLib into Italian.

That would be nice for the Demonstration Game and/or the new "Tutorial Book".

You cna contact me via email or something so we can use some IM service to talk about it further.

I have sent you an e-mail ;)

Just an update about the progress that has been done over PWLib 1.2.

I ended up getting AA: DD, so the updates came slower than usual, yet we defined some sort of roadmap on what will be worked on on PWLib.

Anyone interested in PWLib 1.2 "vintage", just PM me and after a bit of talk I may make it available for you.

A few things were changed from the "vintage" PWLb 1.2:
- Reworked PWLib Loading, now it won't automatically run the Updater.
- Added the PWLib Hub to handle a more centralized view over PWLib, including access to the Updater, Installed Extensions, Configurations, etc.
- The "GameLister" game listing feature became part of the PWLib Hub, working the same as it used to.
- Reworked how the gamelister and pwlib handles games and extensions loading. This will allow expansions later on such as Games and Extensions supporting updates.
- Fixes and reworks on PWLib itself, caused by changes in AIGE made for the Strike Witches STG. This allows for easier Extension Development.
- The Shinku Integration Language (aka Easier PWLib) became an extension.

Now, the Roadmap:
- Fix features broken by AIGE Core Updates, such as 3d examination, logic that ended up broken (that were working previously)
- Finish Incomplete Features (that may require AIGE work or were just lefft incomplete)
- Massive resources revamp to normalize names and paths.
- Appearance Rework (fix wrong timings on events, make them closer to the original games)
- Development of the Feature Demonstration Game to showcase and be reference for all Features (to be developed together with other steps as needed)
- Development of New Features

For the future
- The Integration Languages, Suigintou and Kirakishou (for AAO and pywright respectively): developing the original idea for Kirakishou would be an enormous time consuming effort, and the current decision is leaning more towards a conversor solution. This isn't priority, but will be possibly looked on in the future, depending on how things goes on.

That's pretty much it for now.

Composer, thinker, talker

This looks fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work... I'm looking forward to trying this out :hobolaugh:

Probably going to wait until 1.2 though, since the ideas floating around in my head for some kind of custom case would definitely need some of the stuff from Gyakuten Kenji (et cetera). After looking around on the website, it seems like this is an absolutely great project. I know I'm really late to the party, so sorry if this has already been asked, but is there an estimate for a release, or beta access, or something to that effect? I know that's a nagging question but I'm too interested not to ask :P

We could talk on some sort of IM if you want a copy of PWLib 1.2. The version available is the "RC1" one from 2010 (as I left it). I'm working on fixing a lot of bugs and issues that showed up with it running over the newer AIGE version (~2011-2012).

I don't have an estimate for the "final" 1.2 version yet, as many things need to be added and fixed. We will have internal betas for those working on the "PWLib Team", of course. Maybe some of those betas may be released or not, depending on how things goes on.

I started making a detailed list of feature status for PWLib 1.2 Core and each Extension to see what needs more attention and what should be done first. As Rayaj is making is game, I'm giving priority to fixes involving features he may use on his game.

I kinda needed someone who knew a bit of pywright commands to develop the Kirakishou Extension later as well, but it is a feature "to be done" only after main features are finished.

Some information on Extensions:

First of all, why Extensions?
The idea came when developing 1.2 on its early stages. Everything was going to be part of the main "core" PWLib, thus any changes or new additions required editing the core directly. This would render changes useless once updates came along, thus the idea of allowing code to be attached to the core without actually editing it was born.

Also, Extensions are a PWLib 1.2+ feature.

Now, the Extensions themselves. What is/will be developed by KSA Technology and shipped with the initial release of PWLib 1.2?

A) Achievement Extension
Just an achievement screen that will list your game's achievements. Was part of the core, but turned into an extension.
Will ship on 1.2.

B) Akane Extension
Forensics Features, mostly from case 1-5.
Will ship on 1.2.

C) Aoyama Extension
Providing Connan's features (characters atm), made by Rayaj.
Uncertain about shipping with 1.2, it depends on making a proper release extension, among other things.

D) BigCheck Extension
A demonstration of the Extension System, it is a special check option for evidence, allowing to have a large, more detailed image of the evidence up for examining.
Will ship on 1.2.

E) Compatibility Extension
The 1.0 and 1.1 compatibility layers (so far) that was part of the 1.2 core.
Will ship on 1.2.

F) ExtraChars Extensions
Assortment of random characters. Old, but may be updated with new characters if new spriters want to have their character on 1.2.
Will ship on 1.2.

G) Integration Language: Kirakishou
One of the IL to be available to PWLib, it will implement the PyWright commandset, as well reflections. By itself it won't run pywright games over pwlib, its objective is to allow the construction of a simpler conversor and for people wanting to move from pywright to pwlib with less impact. This project is meant to be done after 1.2 is fully working.
Won't ship (inititally) on 1.2.

H) Integration Language: Shinku
One of the IL to be available to PWLib, it implements a simpler commandset for PWLib, allowing for easier game development.
Will ship on 1.2.

I) Integration Language: Suigintou
One of the IL to be available to PWLib, it will implement AAO commandset, as well reflections. Same as with Kirakishou. This one is meant for a "last project" timeline.
Won't ship (inititally) on 1.2.

J) Kokone Extension
Dual Destinies features and Characters when applicable.
May ship on 1.2.

K) Magatama Extension
(Dynamically implementable) Psyche Locks.
Will ship on 1.2.

L) Mikumo Extension
Gyakuten Kenji Features and Characters.
Will ship on 1.2.

M) Minuki Extension
Apollo Justice Features and Characters.
Will ship on 1.2.

N) MUS Extension
Music from GS1 to GS5 passing by GK. May be broken into smaller extensions due to sheer size.
May not be shipped with 1.2 due to massive size.

Composer, thinker, talker

Extension system is sounding great!
KSA_Tech wrote:
L) Mikumo Extension
Gyakuten Kenji Features and Characters.
Will ship on 1.2.

Are GK2 features included this? Are they planned to be yet? Just out of curiousity

Yes.
The Mikumo Extension is meant to include all features and characters from AAI/GK and AAI2/GK2.

Yup. I'm a salmon.

How's 1.2 coming along?

It's a bit slow due to university stuff, but it's moving forward.

Daniel Muzai

Okay, I've download PWLib 1.1, and its kind of complicated, figured I would just look at the tutorial, then I saw I would have to put code in or something of the sort. I'm confused, and will 1.2 be more user friendly??? I might just be talking out of my butt, but I don't know seriously.

Ace Culprit

Mileswright wrote:
Okay, I've download PWLib 1.1, and its kind of complicated, figured I would just look at the tutorial, then I saw I would have to put code in or something of the sort. I'm confused, and will 1.2 be more user friendly??? I might just be talking out of my butt, but I don't know seriously.

1.2 is still the same as 1.1 in terms of "friendliness", haha

It is just that coding in 1.2 is much more simpler because of the Shinku language that KSA implemented

I'm currently developing a program "PWLib Basic" (not official name yet) to make casemaking on PWLib more friendly to the users. I just have to make it in synch with the Shinku language.

just having connection problems at home, i'll update everyone here once it is uploaded.

Making it short, 1.2 will be easier to deal with, yet you will still need to program.

Many new modules were added to PWLib 1.2 aside from the Shinku "Language" (more like a Framework) that makes creating cases easier. Shinku only simplifies coding, yet you can choose to not use it and go "Hayase Series style" if you need (or mix both as you need).

Athena

The link is Broken. :ron:
Please fix theLink, Or just use Dropbox. :trucy:
Or even, Use Drive Google. :thena-hair:

Please reply if you fixed the Error. And good luck. :kristoph:

Winter Flag Trademark

Try other casemakers like PyWright or AAO while this one's away from CR?

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Other casemakers won't work if he/she is trying to play a PWLib game, though. :p
Signature loading, please wait...

The Legendary Maverick Hunter.

I know that I need AIGE to work with PWLib, but where do I download it? I don't see a download link anywhere on the site...

The PWLib 1.1 Core Package ships with AIGE.
You need the GFX 2.0 package for the graphics, of course.

I'm considering the idea of reviving PWLib (and release at least a working version of the so delayed PWLib 1.2).
Since people have been using PyWright (since, well, I quit working on PWLib a long time ago), I don't know if there are people actually interested into helping or making games for it.

I have to agree that PWLib 1.1 is quite clunky and problematic to work with, and PWLib 1.2 was meant to fix those issues and provide a better and easier way to develop the games, among a lot of new features not present in 1.1 (like proper Psyche Locks, Smart Investigation, Luminol among others) and support for Extensions (so allowing new features to be added on the fly without the need to do black magic).

Mia Payne

KSA_Tech wrote:
I'm considering the idea of reviving PWLib (and release at least a working version of the so delayed PWLib 1.2).
Since people have been using PyWright (since, well, I quit working on PWLib a long time ago), I don't know if there are people actually interested into helping or making games for it.

I have to agree that PWLib 1.1 is quite clunky and problematic to work with, and PWLib 1.2 was meant to fix those issues and provide a better and easier way to develop the games, among a lot of new features not present in 1.1 (like proper Psyche Locks, Smart Investigation, Luminol among others) and support for Extensions (so allowing new features to be added on the fly without the need to do black magic).

Oi' tink ya shuld releaz it, mate cuz o' tings and shiz mayn.

Translation: "Even if it's not as popular as PyWright, there always could be people that would like something a bit more feature heavy than PyWright, so you should release it."

PyWright got popular (mainly, among other things) because it is very easy to work with, one thing that PWLib 1.1 wasn't (like i said, it was terrible to work with and more complicated than it should), so i don't know if people actually want just new/better/etc features to be available to them.

PWLib 1.2 was made to be a lot easier, more straightforward than 1.1 ever was.
I'm just unsure if there is interest into bringing PWLib back, with people willing to help the project and makes games for it.

It's been so long since i left that I don't know how far pywright went, what people actually want and also what people still think of me (since i was very immature back then, one thing I'm not happy with).

Blah!

PyWright itself hasn't been updated in a few years, so I could see some people interested in an actively developed engine. I haven't been following AAO though, so I don't know how much development that's getting lately.

But I'm not someone who'd be interested in developing a game myself, so I could be wrong.

Mia Payne

blahmoomoo wrote:
PyWright itself hasn't been updated in a few years, so I could see some people interested in an actively developed engine. I haven't been following AAO though, so I don't know how much development that's getting lately.

But I'm not someone who'd be interested in developing a game myself, so I could be wrong.

AAO v6 is less user friendly than before, but it's still the easiest to program for, it's WAY more advanced than v5 and you can do a bunch more stuff in it than before/

I was surprised when I saw the PyWright development stopped a few years ago.
I expected to see it in version 2.0 or something with a ton of new features.
But, oh well.

AAO's niche/objective is different from PWLib's and PyWright's, so it's a bit complicated to truly compare them.

Mia Payne

KSA_Tech wrote:
I was surprised when I saw the PyWright development stopped a few years ago.
I expected to see it in version 2.0 or something with a ton of new features.
But, oh well.

AAO's niche/objective is different from PWLib's and PyWright's, so it's a bit complicated to truly compare them.

Yeah, so why not try releasing 1.2? And test the waters.

After I fix a few issues and make the new version of the coding book, i may.

What is my liiiife?!?

I'll do what I can to help.

Nice.
I'm organizing what needs to be done and what's missing before properly starting to do anything.

A small changelog:

AIGE
- Added Text-based Alias for Textures (textures can be referred by a name).
- Fixed crash with Windows 10 (that required running in Windows 8 compatibility mode).

PWLib
- Few files reorganized and renamed.
- Moved characters from PWLib's core and Extensions to their own extensions based on their first game appearence.
- Moved backgrounds from PWLib's core and Extensions to their own extensions based on their first game appearence.
- Initial preparations for the new Game Loader and smarter Extension System.
- Added CharaGS1 Extension.
- Added CharaGS2 Extension.
- Added CharaGS3 Extension.
- Added CharaGS4 Extension.
- Added CharaGS5 Extension.
- Added CharaGS6 Extension.
- Added CharaGK1 Extension.
- Added CharaGK2 Extension.
- Added BGGS1 Extension.
- Added BGGS2 Extension.
- Added BGGS3 Extension.
- Added BGGS4 Extension.
- Added BGGS5 Extension.
- Added BGGS6 Extension.
- Added BGGK1 Extension.
- Added BGGK2 Extension.
- Added Rayfa Extension.
- Updated MUS Extension (Added GS6 OST).

---------------------------------------------
One thing I noticed that is missing is the entire new cast for GK2.

Ace Culprit

i will also be back to support PWLib as well

I've been working slowly in PWLib, fixing some issues that came along the rework of certain parts of the engine.
Also I'm surprised that henke37 didn't add PWLib to the new CR beta.

Due to recent events, i'll change my priorities over PWLib development order and some screenshots of PWLib 1.2 will be released soon.

Changelog - 03/12/2016
A) PWLib
- Added the gif2sheet Extension. This Extension generates sheets and animation code from gifs. (This is a based on a small game script.).
- Added type denomination to Extensions: resource, feature and tool.
- Added the Quit button in the Main Menu and Ingame, as well a quit game command (pwlib_quitgame();) thus allowing to return to the Game List on the PWLib Hub without closing PWLib.
- A default splash on the Game List will be shown if a splash screen image is omited on the game's definition file.
- Updated Initial PWLib Loader to show more loading steps.

B) AIGE
- automakesheetfromgif signature (parameters list) updated to add an output folder option.
- automakesheetsfromgifsinfolder signature (parameters list) updated to add an output folder option.
- automakeanimationcodefromgif signature (parameters list) updated to add an output folder option.
- automakeanimationcodefromgifsinfolder signature (parameters list) updated to add an output folder option.
- Fixed inconsistencies in the Internal Gif To Animation subsystem.
- Added unloadscript command that allows unloading script files from the scripting system.
- Added spyscript command that allows recording certain script events such as what files were loaded.
- Changed script load to replace / with \ on stored script filenames to avoid loading same file twice.

Page 129 of 131 [ 5216 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games