Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 95 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

I mean,recently released games are always great blind lps...

Southern Corn wrote:
I mean,recently released games are always great blind lps...

Or blind LPs, in general. Very fun. Especially that one time, in my Danganronpa blind LP, where I was stuck in the pool/gym area and couldn't leave, unless I talked to a character in the NEXT ROOM. What? Bitter about that? Nah.

But I do enjoy watching some blind LPs, as well as doing them. Like my SoulBlazer one, which was blind, except for the few instances where I did look something up - mostly when I'd get the metal-destroying sword or that one particular boss I had difficulty on, to see if there was a trick I was missing. (I didn't. It's just a very unpleasant boss.)

C-A

bOIng!

I like LP's, too. I think it's one of the best ways to interest someone in a game.

CrayonKiddo wrote:
I like LP's, too. I think it's one of the best ways to interest someone in a game.

Absolutely; it's my main suggestion when someone asks me about what a game is like. Check out some gameplay footage, preferably in the form of an LP or a walkthrough - since trailers tend to not show things or are easy to misinterpret, giving you a potentially false image of the game.

Speaking of, I wonder if EVO - Search For Eden would be a good LP game... It is old and, technically, not very long of a game. However, a lot of it involves grinding for EVO Points. So, it would require either shorter videos of plot or repeated footage cut, to avoid the brain-numbing grind portions. (Though I really wish there was a way to play the PC version; it apparently had several differences and things not in the Super Nintendo version)

C-A

bOIng!

I often watch walkthrougs just to kill time; I'm currently watching SoJ walkthrough, since I don't own a 3DS.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Blind LPs are iffy for me. Some are enjoyable, others can be a massive trainwreck. Really comes down to the game that's played and how competent the player is at figuring things out. If either is bad, it really ruins the whole LP imo. Watching someone spend a whole episode lost and not knowing what to do is not fun.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

迷探偵

I mostly watch blind LPs (on NicoNico Douga), but only ones where people actually put effort in editing their videos. Seeing someone struggle for hours is not fun. Seeing nice DIEgest a few seconds long is great. I'm not sure whether it's the influence of Game Center CX or because NicoNico Douga has strict file restrictions, but LPers there usually put a lot of effort in actually making a 'show' of their playthroughs, with proper editing and stuff. It's the reason I really, really can't stand watching LPs where people don't put any effort in editing, as it's like watching raw footage of something what should be a properly edited film.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Happy Maria

I hate just about anything raw,honestly.

Spoiler: FF XIV In A Nutshell

Least, my husband says this wallpaper accurately depicts FF XIV's classes.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I main Dragoon and Scholar. I can confirm this to be accurate.
And if we include Heavensward's jobs, Dark Knight is "Shit, ran out of MP again."

Related, I just had my derpiest moment in XIV yet.
Deciding to level up my scholar, I enter the level 51 dungeon with a matched party. Everything proceeds smoothly. Around the second boss is when I start to notice that healing is actually a rather intense role; keeping the tank alive, watching for AoEs, countering full party attacks. Eventually the boss dies, we take a small breather... and someone points out that I've been in Cleric Stance. I've been limiting my healing capacities for the whole fight. They're quick to point out that despite that, no one died, and that's what matters. So we continue on... and we all die to the very next set of mobs.
Irony hurts.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I main Dragoon and Scholar. I can confirm this to be accurate.
And if we include Heavensward's jobs, Dark Knight is "Shit, ran out of MP again."

Related, I just had my derpiest moment in XIV yet.
Deciding to level up my scholar, I enter the level 51 dungeon with a matched party. Everything proceeds smoothly. Around the second boss is when I start to notice that healing is actually a rather intense role; keeping the tank alive, watching for AoEs, countering full party attacks. Eventually the boss dies, we take a small breather... and someone points out that I've been in Cleric Stance. I've been limiting my healing capacities for the whole fight. They're quick to point out that despite that, no one died, and that's what matters. So we continue on... and we all die to the very next set of mobs.
Irony hurts.

Yeah healing is a new kind of intensity. You watch for Aoes and other peoples health bars and try and squeeze in damage here and there. I often find I get so focused I have no idea how close the boss is to dying.

Also true for Monk...but sometimes you just have to lose your stacks of greased lightning. Maybe they'll introduce an ability that let's you reset the timer.

Also you called him your husband again Cat. This mean you two are patched up?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yes.

I am watching AestheticGamer playing "Stairs" and... I am so confused. The part where you are in the basement and hear Valery talking, that's pretty cool and creepy. But the rest? Feels like the plot veered off into something else entirely, then sort of came back to the original concept and left everything... weird. Like, is it supposed to be a commentary about how the protagonist is a journalist, apparently, and they only care about scoops? I don't get it.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Earlier, I wrote:
Spoiler: contains lots of salt over the final dungeon of FFXIV's 2.0 storyline
Alright, final dungeon. Seven other players. Time to put an end to Gaius's ambitio- oh we're just running past the enemies? Okay cool I'll just follow you-except you left the enemies in a meatshield in front of the elevator. Several right-clicks later, I catch up and oh look a conversation between Gaius and Cid. I'm curious as to-of course they already started killing the boss. Fine, I'll skip it and continue on. Now we're boarding magitek armor. Sweet, except I can't get on. So I needed to register with some computer terminal? That would have been helpful to know before I got left behind while you guys kill dude with red armor. And from there it's kill the final bosses in approximately a minute each.

I know where they're coming from, they've probably gone through the Praetorium countless times, the cutscenes are quite long, the dungeon is comparatively long, I understand their reasons for breezing through the dungeon. I really do. I'm still going to be salty about it for the next two hours.

Eh, that just makes it much more satisfying to go back at lvl 60 and solo the whole thing. WHO NEEDS A RAISE NOW, BITCH?
Spoiler:
Kinda surprised at the difficulty order of the bosses. I'd say it went:
1. Rhitahtyn
2. Ultima Phase 1
3. Livia Phase 2
4. Ultima Phase 2
5. Gaius
6. Livia Phase 1
7. Nero
8. Lahabrea
9. The rest

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I got paid for taking care of my mom's boyfriend's cats for the last two weeks - actually, enough to get a PS Vita... hmmm. Games I'm thinking of getting are P4 - Dancing All Night; Psycho Pass; Root Letter (or whatever, some Japanese mystery-esque game); World of Final Fantasy... sound worth it? Or should I wait (likely my store not having a use PS Vita anymore) and get a new one (practically same price) later?

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

I don't play mmos, because I have ADHD, so I can't devote myself to a single game long enough to warrant paying every month. It's also the reason that Ive never finished any really long RPGS, since I lose interest in them before I can get even remotely far. The farthest I've ever gotten in one is to Makna Forest in Xenoblade.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
I got paid for taking care of my mom's boyfriend's cats for the last two weeks - actually, enough to get a PS Vita... hmmm. Games I'm thinking of getting are P4 - Dancing All Night; Psycho Pass; Root Letter (or whatever, some Japanese mystery-esque game); World of Final Fantasy... sound worth it? Or should I wait (likely my store not having a use PS Vita anymore) and get a new one (practically same price) later?

C-A

If you're willing to wait, you might as well stake out eBay. I got a Slim from eBay for <$100.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Earlier, I wrote:
Alright, final dungeon. Seven other players. Time to put an end to Gaius's ambitio- oh we're just running past the enemies? Okay cool I'll just follow you-except you left the enemies in a meatshield in front of the elevator. Several right-clicks later, I catch up and oh look a conversation between Gaius and Cid. I'm curious as to-of course they already started killing the boss. Fine, I'll skip it and continue on. Now we're boarding magitek armor. Sweet, except I can't get on. So I needed to register with some computer terminal? That would have been helpful to know before I got left behind while you guys kill dude with red armor. And from there it's kill the final bosses in approximately a minute each.

I know where they're coming from, they've probably gone through the Praetorium countless times, the cutscenes are quite long, the dungeon is comparatively long, I understand their reasons for breezing through the dungeon. I really do. I'm still going to be salty about it for the next two hours.

Eh, that just makes it much more satisfying to go back at lvl 60 and solo the whole thing. WHO NEEDS A RAISE NOW, BITCH?
Spoiler:
1. Rhitahtyn
2. Ultima Phase 1
3. Livia Phase 2
4. Ultima Phase 2
5. Gaius
6. Livia Phase 1
7. Nero
8. Lahabrea
9. The rest

Bit of a power trip right?

When in clearing off Khloe's tails I tend to do all the unsyched primals as part of a group of 60s so we utterly stomp a lot of things.

That said we need to hold back on Ifrit and Levi because they have instant kills if you do too much DPS.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Earlier, I wrote:

Spoiler:
1. Rhitahtyn
2. Ultima Phase 1
3. Livia Phase 2
4. Ultima Phase 2
5. Gaius
6. Livia Phase 1
7. Nero
8. Lahabrea
9. The rest

When in clearing off Khloe's tails I tend to do all the unsyched primals as part of a group of 60s so we utterly stomp a lot of things.

That said we need to hold back on Ifrit and Levi because they have instant kills if you do too much DPS.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:

Unsyced has been the only way I've been able to clear all of 2.1-2.3's ex primals. Seems no one wants to do them normally anymore. Though given that we still wiped on all of them, I can see why.
On the plus side, I did get to fight Titan ex with just three party members. It's a lot easier when the entire arena isn't covered in Weight of the Lands.

1000% Knight

So anyone have any recommendations for good Vita RPGs (besides Persona 4 and Final Fantasy X)?

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Hmm, good question. Those are really the only two I'm familiar with. There are, of course, RPG's for PS1 and PSP that'll work on there, but I figure you want something built for Vita, or at least, remastered for Vita.

Btw, are you concerned with story, or mostly just gameplay?

1000% Knight

PS1 and PSP recommendations would not be unwelcome, but I'm more concerned with Vita games.

Probably story a bit more than gameplay.

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
PS1 and PSP recommendations would not be unwelcome, but I'm more concerned with Vita games.

Probably story a bit more than gameplay.

From what I can see the Vita is the home of anime games and visual novels.

I can't name any in particular but they'll be story heavy no doubt.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

It isn't enough to be story heavy though. It also has to have a good story. For example, if we were to recommend a Danganronpa RPG, with story that matches the quality of the existing games, I'm pretty sure he'd laugh in our faces and say "no."

Let's see though, I looked up Tales of Hearts R, and it seems to have pretty decent ratings. One review I read said the story was cliche, but still very good. Maybe it's worth checking out if you're a "Tales of" fan?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Bad Player wrote:
So anyone have any recommendations for good Vita RPGs (besides Persona 4 and Final Fantasy X)?

Dungeon Travelers 2. Disclaimer: Really good dungeon crawler, but heavy on the fanservice.
Disgaea 4.
Trails of Cold Steel I and II, while we're at it, you could always play Trails in the Sky FC and SC first since the Trails games are all set in the same universe at different points of a timeline.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

1000% Knight

TheDoctor wrote:
Let's see though, I looked up Tales of Hearts R, and it seems to have pretty decent ratings. One review I read said the story was cliche, but still very good. Maybe it's worth checking out if you're a "Tales of" fan?

I already played the original Tales of Hearts on the DS oops and it's amazing

Blak The Great wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Dungeon Travelers 2. Disclaimer: Really good dungeon crawler, but heavy on the fanservice.
Disgaea 4.
Trails of Cold Steel I and II, while we're at it, you could always play Trails in the Sky FC and SC first since the Trails games are all set in the same universe at different points of a timeline.

I don't mind fanservice tbh. It's just that Dungeon Travelers looks like it's the wrong kind of fanservice xP

And yeah, will definitely look at trails. A friend gave me the first one on steam for my birthday, so I've been working my way through it.

Are you looking for just traditional turn based RPGs or would action RPGs be good as well?

If the latter is okay, I'd say look into Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir and Ys: Memories of Celceta.

For PSP titles, I'd highly recommend Hexyz Force for traditional turn-based. Not a phenomenal title, but a really good time, imo, with an amazing OST. I'd also suggest Yggdra Union if Tactical RPGs are up for consideration as well. Both games I feel have a decent story.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

If ya wanna go the PSP route, Crisis Core (the FF7 spin off) was not half bad. It's also got FF:Tactics War of the Lions, an upgraded port of the original FF:T however as much as people praise that game I couldn't get into it, and the port chugs pretty brutally.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Bad Player wrote:
And yeah, will definitely look at trails. A friend gave me the first one on steam for my birthday, so I've been working my way through it.

While you are at it, I'd also recommend playing the Japan-only (so far) Zero and Ao.

Spoiler: Possibly major Cold Steel spoilers
There's one scene in Cold Steel II that's related to Zero and Ao's plot.

Ys is amazing but the stories are pretty barebones and definitely takes a backseat to the gameplay (kind of the exact opposite of the Trails series which is funny since they're made by the same company)

Uhhh there's Neptunia Re;Birth 1, it's about as ANIME as you can get but the first game isn't too goofy and fanservicey and the combat system is kind of neat, it revolves around using either strong attacks, weak but multiple attacks to build the combo gauge, or attacks to break the enemy guard, depending on the situation

I can't really recommend any of the spin-off games to non-die-hard fans, though, and even then there's some big issues with most of them

Gettin' Old!

Ugh Guzma...I had such high hopes for you.

Spoiler: Pokemon Sun and Moon
So Team Skull are pretty dope right? For the most part they are just a bunch of idiot kids who don't scare anyone and just loiter and rap for the most part. It's hilarious how low-key they are. They are almost a parody of how much a nuisance a team is in that no one really takes them seriously. I'd hoped Guzma would have some methodology or explanation wherein he took the kids under his wing, gave them some crazy anarchistic purpose as they rebelled against the world.

Hell part of me had thought they were so light hearted they'd even join in on the final confrontation against the all-controlling Aether Foundation.

But no

They are straight up goons, just a front for Aether's more nefarious activities. Not that I'm sure any of the stupider grunts really realise that but ugh...ya boi Guzma is just a chump at the end of the day.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

So Team Skull are pretty dope right? For the most part they are just a bunch of idiot kids who don't scare anyone and just loiter and rap for the most part. It's hilarious how low-key they are. They are almost a parody of how much a nuisance a team is in that no one really takes them seriously. I'd hoped Guzma would have some methodology or explanation wherein he took the kids under his wing, gave them some crazy anarchistic purpose as they rebelled against the world.

Hell part of me had thought they were so light hearted they'd even join in on the final confrontation against the all-controlling Aether Foundation.

But no

They are straight up goons, just a front for Aether's more nefarious activities. Not that I'm sure any of the stupider grunts really realise that but ugh...ya boi Guzma is just a chump at the end of the day.

Honestly, I had no high hopes for Guzma. His catchphrase of "the big bad boss that beats you down and beats you down" just... yeah, nice and all, except I KEEP WIPING THE FLOOR WITH YOU. How big of a bad boss are you, if my ELEVEN YEAR OLD avatar can defeat you? (Yeah, I'm surprised the player character is 11.)

Spoiler: Pokémon Sun and Moon
And I saw no shock with the Aether foundation turning out to be... not so good. Too obvious. I just looked at them, in all white, and said "Ah. Ok, so how long until we find out that the people in white are the REAL jerks and the people in black are not so bad?"

Long enough, I suppose. Not surprised that Skull was part of their little gimmick, but... eh. I would've liked something a bit more intricate.

Yeah, Pokémon is mostly aimed at kids, but Gamefreak is absolutely aware that adults play. You CAN make good stories that are decent for kids, but intricate enough for adults to really enjoy by not having things be... well, black and white.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

But no

Honestly, I had no high hopes for Guzma. His catchphrase of "the big bad boss that beats you down and beats you down" just... yeah, nice and all, except I KEEP WIPING THE FLOOR WITH YOU. How big of a bad boss are you, if my ELEVEN YEAR OLD avatar can defeat you? (Yeah, I'm surprised the player character is 11.)

Spoiler: Pokémon Sun and Moon
And I saw no shock with the Aether foundation turning out to be... not so good. Too obvious. I just looked at them, in all white, and said "Ah. Ok, so how long until we find out that the people in white are the REAL jerks and the people in black are not so bad?"

Long enough, I suppose. Not surprised that Skull was part of their little gimmick, but... eh. I would've liked something a bit more intricate.

Yeah, Pokémon is mostly aimed at kids, but Gamefreak is absolutely aware that adults play. You CAN make good stories that are decent for kids, but intricate enough for adults to really enjoy by not having things be... well, black and white.

C-A

It's a pokemon game, I don't really expect huge challenge from anybody though that said the 'final bosses' Clefable was looking to wipe my team for a while.

Though I'd argue the story did deal with some adult themes, particularly regarding parenthood. I thought the stories and characters were passable and more than just at a kids level.

In fact I kinda wish they'd done better work with the player avatar's model...the emotions in the character models are way ramped up this time which makes your perfectly placid smile just seem really weird at times.

Villain: And now....I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAH

Rival: Nnnnngh no!

Partner: Stop! You can't do this!

Player: : )
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
In fact I kinda wish they'd done better work with the player avatar's model...the emotions in the character models are way ramped up this time which makes your perfectly placid smile just seem really weird at times.

Oh, absolutely. It really feels weird that the player character is just smiling constantly, except maybe the one or two times where they are looking surprised. I'll just imagine my player character to be a complete troll that finds everything hilarious.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Oh, absolutely. It really feels weird that the player character is just smiling constantly, except maybe the one or two times where they are looking surprised. I'll just imagine my player character to be a complete troll that finds everything hilarious.

C-A

Y'see there's times where I think they are actually GOING for that as some kind of weird joke. There's so many odd little moments in this game that I could buy the designers were well aware of the creepy slasher smile they'd pasted onto the main character. Especially BECAUSE of the existence of the aforementioned "shocked" face. The fact they actually had another face for the character lets me know that it's not bound by resources or anything like that. There are several times where the shocked expression should have been used but wasn't.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Bad Player wrote:

Back on this subject, I tried the demo for World of Final Fantasy. Kind of a cute little cross between Final Fantasy and Pokemon in the gameplay department. Worth checking out.

Happy Maria

It might just be me,but I've always hated RPGs. The amount of grinding involved and just the unfun beginnings really grind my gears to the point where I don't feel like progressing. I'm too easily burnt out on them,methinks.

Southern Corn wrote:
It might just be me,but I've always hated RPGs. The amount of grinding involved and just the unfun beginnings really grind my gears to the point where I don't feel like progressing. I'm too easily burnt out on them,methinks.

Try Chrono Trigger if you haven't

Little to no grinding ever needed, just kill everything along your way and you should be good

Paper Mario is another RPG where no grinding is needed.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Happy Maria

I know I've tried those in the past,I just seem to lose interest really fast and just abandon it. And I don't have ADHD,before you ask.
Page 95 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station