Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 2[ 74 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

PW: Abstract of Judgment (AoJ-1 Part 1 Out + UPDATE)Topic%20Title

To lurk, or not to lurk.

It's fun how scary this is, heh. Making my first topic. And knowing my idiot self, I'm probably gonna do it wrong.

Also this is being made in AAO (Ace Attorney Online, for all two of you that don't know :P), so...yay, cheap cop-out game making engine thing!

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Abstract of Judgment

DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS
Started: 4/16/2016
Finished: N/A

So, uh, yeah.

"Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Abstract of Judgment" will be to "Spirit of Justice" as "Conflict of Interest" is to "Apollo Justice"; a take on a sequel to continue/close/whatever the series. So AoJ will basically be my take on an Ace Attorney 7.

The game...starts relatively quickly. As soon as you jump into the first case, it takes place only one day after the finale of the game (prior to Turnabout Time Traveler). As for what happens the moment you jump in...let's talk about it!

Oh, and PS: I won't be showing any screenshots or whatever because the sprites I desire to use, I need to acquire permission for from various creators. So until then, bleh.

OVERALL PREMISE:
Phoenix Wright, legendary defense attorney, a name any defendant can trust openly (well, almost any defendant). Mr. Wright has experienced everything that the law could possibly throw at him. With years of experience, pre- and post-disbarment, it isn't a surprise to many that Nick has experienced the ins and outs of the courtroom to the point of near predictability. Until his return home from abroad, that is; that's when everything changes. Life spirals downward as Phoenix finds his sanity slowly beginning to fade almost immediately after being thrust into a series of cases upon arriving in the states from the Kingdom of Khura'in. Will Phoenix be able to turn around the overtaking insanity? Or will the true darkness the law has kept hidden for so long be brought to light and bring his whole world crashing down on him?

Spoiler: Update List
(Bottom of the list is most recent update.)

UPDATE 1 (10/28/2016): Starting to post cast lists, will post premises later. The current cast lists don't contain any major spoilers, but be warned, if you don't want to know who is in the game currently then don't peek!

UPDATE 2 (11/21/2016): Part 1 of "Turnabout Twist" is complete and ready for beta testing!

UPDATE 3 (11/28/2016): Part 1 of "Turnabout Twist" released publicly! Play now! Link below!

UPDATE 4 (12/5/2016): Final sprite updates and other edits made to "Turnabout Twist" Part 1.

The Cases

This game features five playable cases. No sixth one because...plot. And totally not because of lack of ideas.

Spoiler: The Primary Cast
(NOTE: As of "Turnabout Twist", not including spoiler characters.)
(Credit to MaybeGreg for the borders.)

Phoenix Wright
The star attorney, of course.

Maya Fey
The Master of the Fey Clan and everyone's favorite burger fanatic.

Trucy Wright
Magic panties are only one of the many strange and mystifying tricks she has up her sleeve.

Athena Cykes
With sometimes unreliable partner Widget, too!
(Credit to Anyare for the mugshot.)

Miles Edgeworth
Be warned, he might just update your evidence.

Ema Skye
She keeps far too many bottles of Luminol in her bag. Currently the game's primary detective.

Pearl Fey
Not much to say other than she's still incredibly adorable.

Episode 1: Turnabout Twist
PREMISE
Almost immediately upon returning home from a month abroad, Phoenix Wright finds himself thrust into a rather strange murder case. Long time, yet forgettable prosecuting rival Winston Payne is found dead, and of all people, Pearl stands as the accused. Yet as Phoenix takes the stand to prove her innocence, there may be more to this case than the veteran lawyer can handle after all.

DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS
Started: 4/16/2016
Finished: N/A

PROGRESS
"Turnabout Twist ~ Part I" [100%]
>>Started: 4/16/2016
>>Finished: 11/21/2016
>>Released: 11/28/2016
>>Updated: 11/29/2016 and 12/5/2016
------Consists of the introduction and first trial chapter.
Play it now!
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/player. ... l_id=85990

"Turnabout Twist ~ Part II" [58%]
>>Started: 11/22/2016
>>Finished: N/A
>>Released: N/A
------Will contain the final two trial chapters.

Spoiler: The Cast of "Turnabout Twist"
Pearl Fey
Pearl is also the game's first defendant. Following in the footsteps of Maya, I see.

Winston Payne
The victim in "Turnabout Twist", of all people to get the ax, this time its long time regular Winston himself.

Oh no, since Winston is dead, and Gaspen ain't in the game...who will take the helm as pathetic first-case prosecutor?

Frank Sahwit
I can see some serious head scratching. Well, I have my explanations that are featured in the game. Let's just say his (totally made up) tiny background in law -- and DD's showcase of prosecuting convicts -- is the primary influence here.

Ema Skye
Oh yeah she's the detective for this case by the way just saying.

Spoiler: Soundtrack for "Turnabout Twist"
(Credits for the songs used as of Part I.)
(All songs and custom sound effects hosted on Kiwi6.)

Prologue 1 ~ Turnabout Twist
Gyakuten Kenji 2 ~ Prologue 1 (Gyakuten Kenji 2)

Prologue 2 ~ Turnabout Twist
Gyakuten Kenji 2 ~ Prologue 2 (Gyakuten Kenji 2)

Trucy Wright ~ The Aspiring Magician Girl 2016
Trucy’s Theme ~ Child of Magic 2013 (PW: AA - Dual Destinies)

Reminiscence ~ Days of the Dark Age
Recollection ~ Forgotten Legend (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

Kurain Village ~ Peace, Tranquility, Noodles
Kurain Village 2016 (PW: AA - Spirit of Justice)

Courtroom Lounge ~ Twisted Overture 2016
Courtroom Lobby with Intro (Custom Track by Glen Elg on AAO)

Court ~ Dawn of the Bright Age 2016
Prosecutorial Investigation Committee ~ Rigorous Justice (Gyakuten Kenji 2)

Eccentric 2016
Eccentric 2007 (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 2016
Moderato (Custom Track by Glen Elg on AAO)

Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2016
Mashup of "Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2004/2004 Orchestra/2013"

Pursuit ~ The Bright Age of the Law 2016
No Game No Life - Reverse

Explanations ~ Knicks and Knacks
Tricks and Gimmicks (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth)

Suspense 1 ~ The Edge of Your Seat
Suspense 2001 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

Suspense 2 ~ Scarily Close to the Truth
Thrill Theme ~ Suspense 2007 (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

Spoiler: Spoiler Music Tracks
(Credits for the songs used as of Part I.)

Iris ~ With Mystery, Grace, and Beauty
Distant Traces of Beauty (PW: AA - Trials and Tribulations)

The Mentality Lock ~ Psyche-Lock 2016
Chains of the Heart ~ Psyche-Lock 2013 (PW: AA - Dual Destinites)

Spoiler: Sprite Credits for "Turnabout Twist"
(Credits for the sprites used as of Part I.)

Phoenix Wright
~ Sligneris and Hesseldahl

Maya Fey
~ Hesseldahl

Athena Cykes
~ Rajin and MercurialSK

Miles Edgeworth
~ Lind

Pearl Fey
~ Anyare

Frank Sahwit
~ Mini by Lind (placeholder; originally a Winston Payne custom mini.)
(Will be redone with custom sprites in the future.)

Ema Skye
~ Hesseldahl

Black Fade-in/Fade-out and AAI Styled Courtroom
~ SuperAj3

Decisive Photo Graphic
~ Unknown. I'd like to know who made it, I just can't track them down anywhere. If you know, please tell me.

Spoiler: Spoiler Sprite Credits for "Turnabout Twist"
(Credits for the sprites used as of Part I.)

Iris
~ Anyare

Episode 2: The Conflicted Turnabout
PREMISE
Meanwhile in the Kingdom of Khura'in, Apollo Justice's plans to rebuild the country's legal system from the ground up suddenly hits a roadblock the moment one of his acquaintances is accused for the murder of a veteran Khura'inese prosecutor. Amidst the confusion of the murder comes an apparent clash of cultures between the west and the east, as Apollo finds that two sides of the same coin may be tearing his whole plan to shreds. To top it off, a strange new prosecutor has it out for Apollo, for reasons he simply can't fathom. The current legal system of Khura'in is growing, following a very rocky road filled with loopholes that the true culprit is leaping through. It's up to Apollo to push aside the black and white as the moral gray area within the mind of man might just be the only key to solving the case.

PROGRESS
"The Conflicted Turnabout ~ Day 1 ~ Investigation" [0%]
"The Conflicted Turnabout ~ Day 1 ~ Trial" [0%]
"The Conflicted Turnabout ~ Day 2 ~ Investigation" [0%]
"The Conflicted Turnabout ~ Day 2 ~ Trial" [0%]

Spoiler: The Cast of "The Conflicted Turnabout"
Apollo Justice
The beloved Chords of Steel are back, baby! As....highly unnecessary and mildly obnoxious as they may be! But we all love Apollo.
Only one I'll reveal for this cast list for now.

Episode 3: A Crooked Turnabout
PREMISE
Several months after the events of "Turnabout Twist", Athena Cykes steps back into the seemingly closed case discovered after the trial of Pearl Fey, and uncovers something rather strange. Said strange revelation connects to a sudden murder at a night club that Trucy performs at, though one of her coworkers remains the primary suspect. However, investigations lead many to believe a murder never really happened at all, which opens up a second mystery. In an almost mirrored world full of gambling, illusions, and fading memories, a nonlinear case for Athena Cykes shows just how dangerous it is to meddle into the unknown.

Episode 4: Turnabout Anew
PREMISE
Phoenix Wright finally steps out of an apparent hiding and decides to take on a brand new case that he never planned on taking. When a very strange dinner hosted at a manor in the woods turns into an arson-based murder deep in the forest, Phoenix's strange but simple case is his toughest yet. He just doesn't realize every word he speaks is another nail into the coffin.

Episode 5: Turnabout Into The Fire
I can't say anything. Spoilers. Bleh.

Oh, there is one thing I can say. This case will be nine days long. Nine. Spanning three different trials. Several investigations. Everyone comes together to solve this one mystery.

This will totally be longer than Turnabout Substitution-- *shot*

-----

So yeah, sorry. No screenshots yet, and no anything else. But to be fair, this will be updated. A lot. Over time. Give me time to make things happen, heh.

Bleh. I bet nobody even makes fangames anymore so why do I bother. :P

Still, I hope Abstract of Judgment sounds interesting for now. I'll be able to spill more when I get permissions and shiz.

See ya'll for now.

Last edited by 087-B on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:43 am, edited 23 times in total.
Re: Upcoming Game: PW: Abstract of JudgmentTopic%20Title

Well, a lot of this is admittedly "can't tell you much about it" which is fair enough. I won't make any judgement on it until I play the thing for myself.

Being a sequel to SoJ, though, I can imagine you'd need a lot of custom assets, though. (SoJ sprites and such?) Any plan to deal with that or are you not really going to integrate them into the game and rather switch your focus to a whole new cast?
That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

DudeWithAMask wrote:
Well, a lot of this is admittedly "can't tell you much about it" which is fair enough. I won't make any judgement on it until I play the thing for myself.

Being a sequel to SoJ, though, I can imagine you'd need a lot of custom assets, though. (SoJ sprites and such?) Any plan to deal with that or are you not really going to integrate them into the game and rather switch your focus to a whole new cast?

I don't need many assets. The most I'd need is some Nahyuta front rips. And some Khura'in backdrops.

As for the cast, yes. Mostly new characters. Plenty of returning cast pivotal to the story but mostly new story characters.

Totally-Not-Miley Omelia Tigre

Longer than T-Sub? Can't you wait for my T-Con to be out?!

Heh heh, nice ideas. Sounds like a good fangame. Ill be sure to try it once it releases.
*insert weird signature here*

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Fellowzdoomer wrote:
Longer than T-Sub? Can't you wait for my T-Con to be out?!

Heh heh, nice ideas. Sounds like a good fangame. Ill be sure to try it once it releases.

Aw Hell yeah, T-Fire will be loooooooooong.

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I hope every case blows your mind. :P

At least you seem to be using already existing sprites rather than requesting new ones, which will save you a lot of time in sprites you might never get at all. Also, you seem to have most of the cases planned, but you should try to focus on completing the first one before anything else, then on fixing any issues it has.

Anyway, the idea for the game sounds solid, so I'll keep an eye on this. Just tell me if you need a beta-tester or something.
Signature loading, please wait...

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Cesar Zero wrote:
At least you seem to be using already existing sprites rather than requesting new ones, which will save you a lot of time in sprites you might never get at all. Also, you seem to have most of the cases planned, but you should try to focus on completing the first one before anything else, then on fixing any issues it has.

Anyway, the idea for the game sounds solid, so I'll keep an eye on this. Just tell me if you need a beta-tester or something.

I'm probably gonna hit a wall where I'm gonna need to request some sprites, but as it stands now, I won't need to do that. I think the most I'd need to ask of people is some Khura'in backgrounds. But sprites, for now, I'm perfectly set with. And yeah, don't worry. Things are going smoothly and I am primarily focused on Case 1. The rest of the cases are purely outlined for now but they'll be detailed upon once Turnabout Twist is completed.

And thank you for the kind words, and I'd love for Case 1 to be beta tested upon completion, that would mean a lot to me. :)

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Updated to include a couple of cast lists.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Another update, this time featuring updated profile images and an Apollo profile for Case 2.

Oh right, this was a thing.

Bloody hell, nine days? That's rather ambitious.
Nevertheless, good luck on making your game, and I especially hope that you have better luck at getting custom sprites than I.
~UltrawaveStudios~

To lurk, or not to lurk.

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
Nevertheless, good luck on making your game, and I especially hope that you have better luck at getting custom sprites than I.

Well the reason it's nine days is cause of the plot. There's no way to shorten it but it's like having three separate cases packed into one. It'll be pretty fair I think.

Thanks for the support, and good luck to you too :)

Mia Payne

087-B wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:

Well the reason it's nine days is cause of the plot. There's no way to shorten it but it's like having three separate cases packed into one. It'll be pretty fair I think.

Thanks for the support, and good luck to you too :)

Are you going to use placeholder sprites until you get permission?

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Blizdi wrote:
Are you going to use placeholder sprites until you get permission?

Yes. And thankfully I have 90% of the permissions so far. So not that many placeholder sprites.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Bump. "Turnabout Twist ~ Part I" is done! I need some beta testers!
Re: PW: Abstract of Judgment (TURNABOUT TWIST PART 1 DONE)Topic%20Title

I'm willing to help test!
~UltrawaveStudios~

To lurk, or not to lurk.

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
I'm willing to help test!

Thank you! I'd love for you to test my mess of a Turnabout. :P

...Mess of a Turnabout...better note that name for later usage. :redd:

Everyone = Guilty

Honsetly This is Great all idea but no news you see some people post who or what it is mainly about idk but im excite for this good luck on this

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Apollojustice12345 wrote:
Honsetly This is Great all idea but no news you see some people post who or what it is mainly about idk but im excite for this good luck on this

Thanks man, I'm trying my hardest to make a something. :)

Yabba Dabba Doo

I see a lot of promise with this, but don't overwork yourself. Having a massive 9-day trial may seem awesome, but from what I've heard and seen, just finishing a 5 case game can take years. Heck, it took Ropfa 2 years-ish just to finish T-Consequences. So if you think you can do it, that's great, but don't feel pressured into doing something like that. A couple other things:

- I'm guessing this won't be an issue for any other cases, but don't be afraid to use OCs. From what I can tell, none of the characters in Twist are OCs. This definitely isn't a bad thing for one case, but if it's like this for over 5 cases, then it can get stale pretty fast.

- This is just a minor nitpick, but I personally don't think Edgeworth's 2011 Objection works well for Phoenix at all. It's very clearly a rendition of Great Revival, which IMO would seem very awkward if it was playing for Phoenix. That's just me though.

You don't have to follow my advice since this is your fangame, but these are just my 2 cents.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Thunder84 wrote:
I see a lot of promise with this, but don't overwork yourself. Having a massive 9-day trial may seem awesome, but from what I've heard and seen, just finishing a 5 case game can take years. Heck, it took Ropfa 2 years-ish just to finish T-Consequences. So if you think you can do it, that's great, but don't feel pressured into doing something like that. A couple other things:

- I'm guessing this won't be an issue for any other cases, but don't be afraid to use OCs. From what I can tell, none of the characters in Twist are OCs. This definitely isn't a bad thing for one case, but if it's like this for over 5 cases, then it can get stale pretty fast.

- This is just a minor nitpick, but I personally don't think Edgeworth's 2011 Objection works well for Phoenix at all. It's very clearly a rendition of Great Revival, which IMO would seem very awkward if it was playing for Phoenix. That's just me though.

You don't have to follow my advice since this is your fangame, but these are just my 2 cents.

I wanna work myself to the bone. It took seven months to develop the first half of case one and that was hard but fun. I'll work as long as I need to.

- Case 2 is when OCs begin appearing. There will be plenty of familiar faces but most of the cast in this game is OCs.

- It's a placeholder track if anything. I want to find some original piece of music to be his Objection theme, if not another remix of 2003 (like his 2013 and 16 renditions were).

Happy Maria

I see that for Trucy you've used her DD profile instead of her SoJ one.Why is that?

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Southern Corn wrote:
I see that for Trucy you've used her DD profile instead of her SoJ one.Why is that?

Her DD profile just looks better to me. They both look fine but I just personally like her DD profile image more. That's just my opinion though.

Yabba Dabba Doo

087-B wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

I wanna work myself to the bone. It took seven months to develop the first half of case one and that was hard but fun. I'll work as long as I need to.

- Case 2 is when OCs begin appearing. There will be plenty of familiar faces but most of the cast in this game is OCs.

- It's a placeholder track if anything. I want to find some original piece of music to be his Objection theme, if not another remix of 2003 (like his 2013 and 16 renditions were).

Again, if you can pull it off, that's great. Having a 9-day case would be epic. Just don't feel pressured into doing it if the workload gets to large. Having such a massive project can make you get REALLY discouraged at times, and if you feel like you can't change it at all, then it can lead to it not being as good as it can be, or even worse, cancelled. So don't feel lke you're letting everyone down if it gets to a point where you just can't pull it off.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Thunder84 wrote:
Again, if you can pull it off, that's great. Having a 9-day case would be epic. Just don't feel pressured into doing it if the workload gets to large. Having such a massive project can make you get REALLY discouraged at times, and if you feel like you can't change it at all, then it can lead to it not being as good as it can be, or even worse, cancelled. So don't feel lke you're letting everyone down if it gets to a point where you just can't pull it off.

Alright. Thank you. :)

So I re-created the Questioning Moderato theme for you. Tell me what you think.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxeg4h9j9 ... derato.mp3
~UltrawaveStudios~

To lurk, or not to lurk.

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
So I re-created the Questioning Moderato theme for you. Tell me what you think.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxeg4h9j9 ... derato.mp3

Whoa...hot damn, that sounds incredible. O_O

I won't be able to help much in creating original songs for you since I already have my soundtrack to worry about, but I can revise what you have.
~UltrawaveStudios~

To lurk, or not to lurk.

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
I won't be able to help much in creating original songs for you since I already have my soundtrack to worry about, but I can revise what you have.

I understand, but I don't wanna make you step away from that. Honestly I'm flattered you remade the moderato at all. I was not expecting that.

087-B wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:

I understand, but I don't wanna make you step away from that. Honestly I'm flattered you remade the moderato at all. I was not expecting that.

Might as well help out since I'm able to. My soundtrack isn't THAT time-consuming to revise anyway; I'm over 60% finished and some of the songs I can take care of in a day. I'm mostly going to kick off my plans starting January next year so I have plenty of time to take care of the music.
~UltrawaveStudios~

To lurk, or not to lurk.

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
087-B wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:

Might as well help out since I'm able to. My soundtrack isn't THAT time-consuming to revise anyway; I'm over 60% finished and some of the songs I can take care of in a day. I'm mostly going to kick off my plans starting January next year so I have plenty of time to take care of the music.

Welllll...an Objection theme and an Allegro theme are on my need list I guess.

By the way, is there even a contradiction set for Pearl's testimony? I've tried everything, including potential profiles.

Side-note 1: Never have the contradiction to a testimony be a profile.
Side-note 2: You don't need the profile for the protagonist in the Court-Record.
~UltrawaveStudios~

To lurk, or not to lurk.

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
By the way, is there even a contradiction set for Pearl's testimony? I've tried everything, including potential profiles.

Side-note 2: You don't need the profile for the protagonist in the Court-Record.

There should be...? Is it testimony #1? It should be a profile. Sorry though, I guess I'll have to go and rewrite all that...

And as for Phoenix's profile, that's just kinda in there for shiz and giggles really.

Happy Maria

Really? I always felt that the profile contradictions are the better ones. Especially the one in 2-1.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Southern Corn wrote:
Really? I always felt that the profile contradictions are the better ones. Especially the one in 2-1.

Oh? I forgot that AA had a profile contradiction at all. Well that justifies my contradiction I hope...

Yabba Dabba Doo

UltrawaveStudios wrote:

...huh? Profile contradictions are often some of the best ones in the game. Besides, if something contradicts a pretty file-type trait (ex: This person is a writer) then it's a lot less obvious to present the profile than a piece of evidence deliberately saying "This person is a writer".

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Thunder84 wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:

...huh? Profile contradictions are often some of the best ones in the game. Besides, if something contradicts a pretty file-type trait (ex: This person is a writer) then it's a lot less obvious to present the profile than a piece of evidence deliberately saying "This person is a writer".

Yeah, having a piece of evidence like that would be such a stupid inconvenience. Honestly I wouldn't want to rewrite a whole testimony just because I'd have to change a contradiction.

Mia Payne

087-B wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
UltrawaveStudios wrote:

Yeah, having a piece of evidence like that would be such a stupid inconvenience. Honestly I wouldn't want to rewrite a whole testimony just because I'd have to change a contradiction.

Don't change it please. Only change it if it's necessary. "No profile contradictions" is by far one of the worst constructive advice I've ever heard. Most of the best AA fangames have them.

To lurk, or not to lurk.

Blizdi wrote:
Don't change it please. Only change it if it's necessary. "No profile contradictions" is by far one of the worst constructive advice I've ever heard. Most of the best AA fangames have them.

Alright then...even if I were to change it, that would require rewriting everything past the first testimony.

Yabba Dabba Doo

087-B wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

Alright then...even if I were to change it, that would require rewriting everything past the first testimony.

Yup, just leave it be. Only reason anything should be changed is if it's completely unclear, but even then that should only merit changing the evidence description.

Happy Maria

If you are going to have the protagonist's profile,then be consistent and keep it for every case. This was one of 3-2's weaknesses.
Page 1 of 2 [ 74 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games