Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney HD now available on US iTunesTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

It's been darn near a decade since Apollo stepped into court, so we're well overdue to revisit those halcyon days - and now you can do it in HD! Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is now available on iTunes in the US!

This HD remaster of the game will put you back $0.99 for the first half of episode one, with the remainder of the game available a-la-carte. (We'll add full pricing once it's known.)

Happy perceiving!

[The Court-Records Original Character Contest 2016 is here!]

Update: Official English trailer.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney HD now available on US iTunTopic%20Title

Art Person

How large is the download!? I freed up 2.2GBs of space and it says I don't have enough.
Also app is $1.49AUD which I think buys half of case 1. Once it downloads I'll give the prices for the episodes.
So Part 2 of Turnabout Trump is $2.99, and the other cases are all $7.99AUD each. The full set is $22.99 so you're paying AUD of $24.48 total for the full game.

EDIT: The beeps are the DS's quality and sound so off... Kinda wish they used the revamped ones for DD.
EDIT 2: THEY BLINK! So far the missing frames issue in the trilogy seems to be averted.

Ace Lurker

I'm impressed with the visual quality so far. No missing animation frames this time. (The characters actually blink!) No choppy framerate. The in-game FMVs are now redone in top quality. It's everything I hoped it would be.

However, the audio is really bad. The music is great, which I suppose is most important, but the sound effects are the most compressed pieces of shit I've ever heard in a game. They're bad to the point of being distracting, especially the dialog 'blips'. I don't know how they managed to get this part so wrong when the rest of the presentation is such high quality. I'm not going to buy past part 1 of case 1 unless this gets patched.

Edit:
SuperAj3 wrote:
EDIT: The beeps are the DS's quality and sound so off... Kinda wish they used the revamped ones for DD.

Nah, these are definitely worse than DS. The issue here is that they're heavily compressed.

Art Person

Oh wow. The app is 2.3GB large. DD was only 541MB

Nerd Processor

SuperAj3 wrote:
EDIT 2: THEY BLINK! So far the missing frames issue in the trilogy seems to be averted.

They blink in the trilogy too - presumably it was fixed at some point in the past? (Pretty sure they've always blinked since I've had it but I know I was late getting it).
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Happy Maria

*sees trailer*

Oh,'Scientific' Ema Skye. There,was that so hard,Bolt?

Ace Lurker

Nerdowl wrote:
They blink in the trilogy too - presumably it was fixed at some point in the past? (Pretty sure they've always blinked since I've had it but I know I was late getting it).

It was fixed in the 3DS version, but not on iOS.

Though the 3DS version still isn't perfect. The GBA/DS sprites had a lot more animation frames, especially for the eyes. For 3DS they added one new blinking frame for the characters that were totally missing eye blinks and called it a day. Better than nothing, I guess.

For AA4 iOS, they've completely redone all the sprites from scratch rather than try to source them from the pre-final production assets (like in trilogy HD). Everyone in this appears to have all their animation frames in order, and I'm really happy with the effort. Now if only I could say the same about the sound...

Nerd Processor

Shugo wrote:
Nerdowl wrote:

It was fixed in the 3DS version, but not on iOS.

I'm using the iOS version??? The Judge and Phoenix blink in T&T I checked.

ETA: Anyway, has anyone worked out why AJ is so large yet? I'm not 100% certain that the fault on our phone line is fixed so downloading such a large app at the moment may not be wise.

Ace Lurker

Nerdowl wrote:

I guess I should clarify: Some characters do blink on iOS, particularly in court scenes. But most do not. Easiest way to tell: Start up AA1 case 1 and look at Mia. She doesn't blink.

Blinking is just an example of the many problems with the iOS trilogy, though. There are tons of other missing animation frames and loads of technical issues. It's just a mess overall, which is why I'm always skeptical when Capcom does another iOS port. (AA5's iOS port was really good, though.)

Nerdowl wrote:
ETA: Anyway, has anyone worked out why AJ is so large yet? I'm not 100% certain that the fault on our phone line is fixed so downloading such a large app at the moment may not be wise.

My guess would be that it uses uncompressed music and high-res FMVs. The music and FMVs are very high quality (which is why it's so baffling that the sound effects are extremely low quality...).

Nerd Processor

Shugo wrote:
Nerdowl wrote:

I guess I should clarify: Some characters do blink on iOS, particularly in court scenes. But most do not. Easiest way to tell: Start up AA1 case 1 and look at Mia. She doesn't blink.

Blinking is just an example of the many problems with the iOS trilogy, though. There are tons of other missing animation frames and loads of technical issues. It's just a mess overall, which is why I'm always skeptical when Capcom does another iOS port. (AA5's iOS port was really good, though.)

Ah. Okay. Can't say I ever noticed but then perhaps that's cos I'm a quick reader so was never staring at the sprites for that long? (Then again I didn't even know about that error until I started reading things on here) :bellboy: I don't own the DS cartridges of the first three games to compare them (Buying them on iOS was my first exposure to this series - I later bought the 3DS version).

Shugo wrote:
My guess would be that it uses uncompressed music and high-res FMVs. The music and FMVs are very high quality (which is why it's so baffling that the sound effects are extremely low quality...).

Hopefully they'll sort out whatever is wrong with the sound at least then. :ron:

Bracelets of Steel

Someone uploaded the English launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKKnAkI5EE

I suppose this can be applied to the Japanese version too, but why the heck are they charging a dollar for what essentially amounts to a demo?

Art Person

LoopyChew wrote:
I suppose this can be applied to the Japanese version too, but why the heck are they charging a dollar for what essentially amounts to a demo?

Maybe they were worried people'd just download case 1 and never buy the rest, so this is a safety net to make money? (As stingy as that sounds you should buy case 1 when you purchase the app, not half of it)

Yabba Dabba Doo

I was gonna buy this, but 16$?! Holy shit, I'll pass. If I got trilogy for 30$ on a better system, I'm not spending 15$ on this.
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes