Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 27 of 27[ 1047 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Re: Athena's character (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Well, now we have two games with Athena in them. While I'm disappointed with Athena's role in GS6, she did get good development. Her case was about her finding a new reason to be a lawyer after she realized her goal in GS5. She ended up in the same place where Phoenix was at the end of the trilogy, so I'm fine with there not being another game because GS6 left the main three with open fates but no loose ends. (Besides to big one with Apollo and Trucy)

Gettin' Old!

She's improved in that she's not in it as much.

Felt her character regressed greatly in GS6...like did we not spend a fair bit of time getting over your lack of confidence in the last game Athena? Get over yourself.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Edgeworth did keep his fear of earthquakes after 1-4 so I don't see why solving the UR-1 incident would instantly solve her confidence issues.

Gettin' Old!

luck wrote:
Edgeworth did keep his fear of earthquakes after 1-4 so I don't see why solving the UR-1 incident would instantly solve her confidence issues.

Fears for me run far deeper than confidence issues.

Earthquakes are legitimately dangerous, there's a primal fear there.

Also it wasn't the UR-1 incident I was really thinking of, Case 3 was a huge one about giving Athena back her confidence.

Also the regression is also in how she's as dumb as a rock and super childish whenever you aren't playing as her. She's like a caricature of her former self.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Fears for me run far deeper than confidence issues.

Earthquakes are legitimately dangerous, there's a primal fear there.

But Athena's confidence issues come from the trauma she got when she had to testify in court as a child. I think they even refer to it as fear of the courtroom at some point DD.

Quote:
Also it wasn't the UR-1 incident I was really thinking of, Case 3 was a huge one about giving Athena back her confidence.

Yeah, but she still had the same problem in 5-1, which was chronologically after 3.

Quote:
Also the regression is also in how she's as dumb as a rock and super childish whenever you aren't playing as her. She's like a caricature of her former self.

I can't say I noticed that. She felt the same as in DD to me.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
But Athena's confidence issues come from the trauma she got when she had to testify in court as a child. I think they even refer to it as fear of the courtroom at some point DD.

Perhaps. How about this then?
I dislike the fact that after arguably a whole game about the issue, they would bring it back as the main point of another case rather than something in the background. Let's look at Edgeworth's Earthquake issue, after it was introduced it wasn't resolved and it didn't go away but it played a substantially smaller part from then on. It just felt stale to still be tackling this as the main issue rather than a sub-issue in the case.

Quote:
Yeah, but she still had the same problem in 5-1, which was chronologically after 3.

Was it? The Chronology of DD is more messed up than I thought. Makes me like that game less.

Quote:
I can't say I noticed that. She felt the same as in DD to me.

Well sadly opinion doesn't negate an opinion so I propose we agree to disagree here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The video game boy; the one who wins

I can really relate to and respect Athena for
Spoiler: 6-5 minor
getting so majorly lost on her way to the airport. Having no sense of direction whatsoever it always makes me glad to see characters that don't either.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 27 of 27 [ 1047 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)