Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

[RELEASE] [DEMO] The Great Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Scarlet Study Member

Happy New Year, fellow Ace Attorney fans!

We'd like to kick off the new year by releasing a taste of what's to come with the translated Demo of The Great Ace Attorney - The Adventure of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou. We're sorry we couldn't finish Episode 1 in time for New Year's, but please enjoy this until it's ready. Let us know what you think.

This free fan-translation uses the dialogue font of Dual Destinies, so you will need to own a version of it in order to play our patch. Team If would like to remind you that we DO NOT support piracy - so please, please don't share a completed CIA with other people. We know the patcher is not very user-friendly yet, at the time of the release it was less then one day old. It will be much better in time for our Episode 1 release.

Fellow fan-translators: we would absolutely love to see The Great Ace Attorney translated into many, many more languages, so fans all around the world can enjoy it. We're working on a program to take in "representatives" of other groups to work closely with our translators, so you can get all the nuances right in your native language. We're currently not sure when we can start with this program, because it shouldn't interfere with our releases of the English Episodes, so please be patient and don't just steal our work.

Regarding voice-acting: we're not sure what we're going to do here, to be honest. We may offer an alternative patch with voice-acting in the future, but no promises yet. We'll see.

It's no secret among Ace Attorney fans that our decision not to localize character names and re-locating the story to the US is controversial. We hope you will understand our decision (which was unanimous among our translators), after you've played Episode one. We still tried to keep the typical "Ace Attorney feel" and we do try to localize jokes and references so they work in English, but the nature of the Game - in our humble opinion - makes white-washing the main cast impossible. Yes, we're aware of a completed translation script that does exactly that. As a team, we disgree with the direction it went, we believe the "liberties" it took to fit the Game into previous localisations were way to drastic, even for Ace Attorney standards. The resulting change of atmosphere and even character's personalities were simply too much for us to accept. You can form your own opinion on this matter by playing our take on the translation before condemning it.

Remember - we're fans, too!

-- Team If - DGS Division

Install notes:

Spoiler: Install instructions - PLEASE READ THESE
Prerequisites: You need to have the newest version of FBI (at least 2.4.5), the original DGS Demo and ONE version of Dual Destinies installed on your Home Menu:
* Dual Destinies EU Demo
* Dual Destinies EU Full Version
* Dual Destinies US Demo
* Dual Destinies US Full Version

1) Extract the contents of the archive into a folder.
2) Put the 3DS/DDFontDumper folder into the 3DS folder on your SD card, so it will look like this:
sd:/3DS/DDFontDumper/DDFontDumper.3dsx
sd:/3DS/DDFontDumper/DDFontDumper.xml
3) Launch it via the Homebrew Launcher. It will dump Dual Destinies' font archive to the root of your SD card:
sd:/dd_font.bin
4) Use Decrypt9 do create a decrypted CIA of your LEGALLY installed DGS Demo:
[Content Decryptor Options] > [CIA Builder Options] > [CIA Builder (SysNAND/decr.)]
/title/00040002/0014ad01
5) Put both the dd_font.bin and the decrypted CIA (should be in sd:/D9Game/ or sd:/files9/) into the folder you made in the first step and rename the CIA "demo.cia" (without quotation marks, of course).
6) Run build.bat to create "demo_english.cia". If all went well, you can now install this new CIA with FBI. Make sure once again it's at least version 2.4.5!

Last, but not least: we are still looking for a skilled reverse engineer (knowledge of ARM ASM and the 3DS in particular would be great) to help us figure out some of the remaining mysteries of the game. Other helping hands for inserting and proof-reading text can apply as well, but please note that we do not take testers.

Spoiler: FAQs - PLEASE READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING
FAQs:

* The font dumper crashed on me...
- Did you use homebrew launcher 1.1.1? Is Dual Destinies installed? Did you try again?

* Why not make the dumper a CIA?
- Technical reasons. A home menu installed app can't easily access another RomFS.

* I got an error building the CIA: Game CXI hash invalid...
- That means you either dumped the wrong CIA or it's still encrypted. Read the instructions once more and try again.

* The CIA installed, but the label is empty and it crashes when I start it
- Did you see us asking you to update to the latest FBI 2.4.5? Yeah, it was about that. Delete title 000400020014AD02 from the Titles menu in FBI and try again with the newest version...

* Why not just release a CIA?
- Because that would be illegal.

* OK, but why not just include the font?
- Again, because that would be illegal. We don't want to be shut down before we release our first episode.

* Isn't this just going to end up in the usual places anyway?
- Probably, though we urge you - please! - don't do it.

* There's still some bugs/untranslated text/one pixel off
- Yeah, we know. It was either that or no release for New Year's...

* [Generic translation nitpicking]
- Japanese is a contextual language that can't be translated 100% accurate. It will always be more of an interpretation, but our translators know their stuff and did tons of research and revisions together with the proof-readers.

* [Generic technical nitpicking]
- Yeah, we know. That's why we'd like to have a reliable reverse engineer...

* OMG! I LUV YOU GAIS ARE THA BEST!!!1!
- Hehe, we love you guys, too. Happy New Years!

Patch:
https://mega.nz/#!OM9BEayR!NFcBpu9qTo9C ... mafSzYWgUY

Font Dumper:
https://mega.nz/#!LBcUiSbR!Bcyfr-w9yXdS ... Li79McxkBM

PS: Yes, "People", not "Profiles"...
PPS: Yes, "Post Mortem" - it's not a complete autopsy and the Japanese word was different, too...

Last edited by Uwabami on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: [RELEASE] [DEMO] The Great Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

Mia Payne

Hows about you not call it "white-washing" to completely insult the entire AA localization team's decisions? The leader of it isn't even white, and here you are basically calling them racist.

Last edited by Blizdi on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Haha,great to see that DGS is getting translated! Can't wait for the fans to start enjoying it's glory!

Honestly,I don't even care about the white washing controversy at this point. I just wish for it to be released to a more general public.

I think this should be in Mathis' Corner,though.

Mia Payne

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Haha,great to see that DGS is getting translated! Can't wait for the fans to start enjoying it's glory!

Honestly,I don't even care about the white washing controversy at this point. I just wish for it to be released to a more general public.

I think this should be in Mathis' Corner,though.

It's not white washing, that's the point I'm making. The localizers all agreed to it, and even went to the Japanese director to approve names. White washing is a totally different beast.

Happy Maria

Yeah,what I'm saying though is I don't care personally how the names are localised. I just wish this to be released to a wider audience.

Mia Payne

Yeah,what I'm saying though is I don't care personally how the names are localised. I just wish this to be released to a wider audience.

I am too. And it doesn't bother me about the names anymore, but the insinuation that it would be white washing is what bothers me. If that line wasn't in this post I wouldn't have even posted

1000% Knight

"White-washing" might be kind of a strong term for what he's describing, but if that's the word he wants to use to describe it he can *shrug*
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Blizdi, I'm pretty sure the OP's point was the this is a game that relies on Japan and its history much more than any of the main series games, and so they strongly preferred to maintain the original setting and names. Please don't assume the absolute worst of people from one turn of phrase.

Excellent work, team, and congrats on this first release!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Is there still a way to get the original DGS demo or are people who don't have it boned?

Prosecutor

Considering the good number of characters from all the world in the game (Japan, UK, Russia, etc...), i wouldn't have changed their names as well.
Localize Ryuunosuke as an American? That would be too odd. Phoenix, or Ryuuchi, at least, lives in an modern city and except for somethings like Kurain Village it was possible to "hide" a bit the culture behind it. But in DGS it's clear Ryuunosuke is from Japan.

So i'm glad they didn't change the names. But i would be ok for an english dub.

Congratulations for the Team if.

Uwabami wrote:
This free fan-translation uses the dialogue font of Dual Destinies, so you will need to own a version of it in order to play our patch. Team If would like to remind you that we DO NOT support piracy - so please, please don't share a completed CIA with other people.

Hmhm, how about we all drop the sugarcoating and be honest with ourselves? The .cia will be shared eventually, and people with hacked 3DS have no problem pirating games. (especially games such as these that we can't even purchase)
You guys say you don't support piracy but you tell us this requires a hacked 3DS to work. Uh-huh.

Come on, I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just saying no one is going to bite your butt if you admit you pirated DGS. I prefer being called a pirate than importing a Japanese 3DS + Japanese game I can't even understand.

DeiStar wrote:
Uwabami wrote:
This free fan-translation uses the dialogue font of Dual Destinies, so you will need to own a version of it in order to play our patch. Team If would like to remind you that we DO NOT support piracy - so please, please don't share a completed CIA with other people.

Hmhm, how about we all drop the sugarcoating and be honest with ourselves? The .cia will be shared eventually, and people with hacked 3DS have no problem pirating games. (especially games such as these that we can't even purchase)
You guys say you don't support piracy but you tell us this requires a hacked 3DS to work. Uh-huh.

Come on, I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just saying no one is going to bite your butt if you admit you pirated DGS. I prefer being called a pirated than importing a Japanese 3DS + Japanese game I can't even understand.

They don't want to be associated with piracy to avoid Capcom sending them a C&D letter.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Slammer wrote:
They don't want to be associated with piracy to avoid Capcom sending them a C&D letter.

That's perfectly reasonable. Of course, that's what all translation teams do. Always the "support the devs!" card.
I'm just saying they're instigating piracy. It's like they're the kids with the matches and they're lighting the fireworks fuse.

Yabba Dabba Doo

DeiStar wrote:
I prefer being called a pirate than importing a Japanese 3DS + Japanese game I can't even understand.

I'm on the exact same boat. Don't get me wrong, I really wanna play this. But either I'm doing it with an ISO/ROM/whatever or I'm waiting for an official release. No need for me to drop $200+ on one game that I already know what'll happen.

Congrats on getting it out though.

DeiStar wrote:
Slammer wrote:

That's perfectly reasonable. Of course, that's what all translation teams do. Always the "support the devs!" card.
I'm just saying they're instigating piracy. It's like they're the kids with the matches and they're lighting the fireworks fuse.

How are they istigating piracy? They are making a translation patch for a game and, once it'll be finished, they will only release the patch, which doesn't contain any copyrighted material. It's up to you to patch the game, which you should have previously imported and dumped (hence the hacked 3DS).

If you intend to pirate it, go ahead, no one is going to stop you. But please, respect the work of the If team and don't assume things based on your personal thoughts.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Slammer wrote:
How are they istigating piracy? They are making a translation patch for a game and, once it'll be finished, they will only release the patch, which doesn't contain any copyrighted material. It's up to you to patch the game, which you should have previously imported and dumped (hence the hacked 3DS).

If you intend to pirate it, go ahead, no one is going to stop you. But please, respect the work of the If team and don't assume things based on your personal thoughts.

Modding/altering a game, and bypassing the region-lock with a hacked 3DS is already "illegal." Please don't try to claim the high moral ground when there's none to claim. Imported the game or not, you are still using a hacked 3DS, which is "illegal." I am not diminishing their effort or disrespecting the team's work.

The only "legal" way to play this game is to buy a JPN 3DS, import a JP copy, and learn Japanese by yourself. But how many people are going to do that?

DeiStar wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Modding/altering a game, and bypassing the region-lock with a hacked 3DS is already "illegal." Please don't try to claim the high moral ground when there's none to claim. Imported the game or not, you are still using a hacked 3DS, which is "illegal." I am not diminishing their effort or disrespecting the team's work.

The only "legal" way to play this game is to buy a JPN 3DS, import a JP copy, and learn Japanese by yourself. But how many people are going to do that?

We're talking about piracy here though, not modding. Modding is necessary to be able to play the patched game, and the If team don't have a problem with it, since they openly told us how to patch the game in this thread.

Piracy on the other hand is another thing. Capcom couldn't care less about modding, since it doesn't hurt their sales, but pirating their games does. The whole purpose of this "piracy taboo" by the If team is specifically to avoid Capcom getting angry and sending a C&D letter, which would force them to stop their work on this translation patch.

Slammer wrote:
We're talking about piracy here though, not modding. Modding is necessary to be able to play the patched game, and the If team don't have a problem with it, since they openly told us how to patch the game in this thread.

Piracy on the other hand is another thing. Capcom couldn't care less about modding, since it doesn't hurt their sales, but pirating their games does. The whole purpose of this "piracy taboo" by the If team is specifically to avoid Capcom getting angry and sending a C&D letter, which would force them to stop their work on this translation patch.

It's not really the piracy itself that is a problem. The problem is the translation in general. Just like AAI2, it will become available to a good number of fans, and people who care about the franchise will play it one way or another. Be it by legit or shady means, doesn't matter.
Point is that it will give no incentive to Capcom to release their game over here, because a good chunk of people who cared about it already played it and won't bother to buy the game if it gets an official release because "well I already played it, why would I?" Like Mother 3. It has had a fan-translation for years. But what incentive does Nintendo have to officially release it on the west? People who cared about the game already played it.

But hey, I'm not bashing the translation team or anything. In fact I'm grateful they're doing this out of their own free will and I'm looking forward to their finished product.

The one to blame here is Capcom for not releasing the game on time on the west. Now it's too late for them, and us. It will be stuck in Japan only limbo like AAI2.

Programmer

Slammer wrote:

How are they istigating piracy? They are making a translation patch for a game and, once it'll be finished, they will only release the patch, which doesn't contain any copyrighted material. ...

So all the scripts in the game with all the actual text aren't copyrighted? Go read up on copyright of translations and derivative works.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
Slammer wrote:

How are they istigating piracy? They are making a translation patch for a game and, once it'll be finished, they will only release the patch, which doesn't contain any copyrighted material. ...

So all the scripts in the game with all the actual text aren't copyrighted? Go read up on copyright of translations and derivative works.

They only gave us a font dumper along with a bunch of tools to patch the game and a .iris file. I don't think Capcom wouldn't have already send them a letter if they are infringing copyright.

迷探偵

Slammer wrote:
henke37 wrote:
Slammer wrote:

They only gave us a font dumper along with a bunch of tools to patch the game and a .iris file. I don't think Capcom wouldn't have already send them a letter if they are infringing copyright.

That's not what he meant. The act of translating/adapting a copyrighted body of text (in this case; the game text) is already infringement of copyright. It's illegal, as copyright also involves derivative works (translations/adaptations/etc.). Or else anyone could just translate existing books to random other languages and publish it as their own. Whether Capcom sends letters or not has nothing to do with it.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
That's not what he meant. The act of translating/adapting a copyrighted body of text (in this case; the game text) is already infringement of copyright. It's illegal, as copyright also involves derivative works (translations/adaptations/etc.). Or else anyone could just translate existing books to random other languages and publish it as their own. Whether Capcom sends letters or not has nothing to do with it.

Fair enough. So, why are we permitting them to post links to copyrighted material on the forums?

Happy Maria

The demo runs fine,but why are the voice clips still in Japanese? Is this temporary or do you wish to leave it the same?

Scarlet Study Member

The demo runs fine,but why are the voice clips still in Japanese? Is this temporary or do you wish to leave it the same?

The answer is in my post:
Quote:
Regarding voice-acting: we're not sure what we're going to do here, to be honest. We may offer an alternative patch with voice-acting in the future, but no promises yet. We'll see.

And regarding copyright: yes, unauthorized derivatives are not completely legal, but more of a grey area as long as no piracy is involved: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_trans ... wledgments

I don't see how we are "instigating piracy" like one particularly vile comment suggested. How you use our patch is your business. The main game release will most-likely be playable via HANS (we're working on that) and even if you do have a CFW installed, it does not mean you use it for piracy. Region free is a valid fair use.

My one and only comment on the "white-washing", because I would like to avoid indulging Blizdi: We love the official localizations and they work most of the time (Kurain village anyone?), but DGS is on another level. Making them Americans would've been white-washing. Whether or not white-washing is racist doesn't matter (I don't think it always is), it just doesn't work for this game.

What is my liiiife?!?

Just a few things.

Firstly, on the subject of piracy, the point is that CR itself cannot contain any link to roms (or CI files), or explain how to find them. If you want to pirate, you can use google to find the info you need.

Secondly, given the fact that Phoenix doesn't give much info about his family, it's entirely possible that his ancestor was from Japan. As such, there would be no need to heavily localise. Also, it would be confusing. So I think the team had a decision to make, and they were justified either way.

Ace Lurker

This is really exciting! I thought DGS would never end up fully translated, but this is very well-done and gives me high hopes for a complete version. Then again, I also thought AAI2 would never get a full English version, but we ended up with an extremely high-quality and complete one.

If you do decide to do English voice acting, I would love to help out. I have a pretty good deep male voice and I've tried to get in on projects like this in the past, but I usually find out about them too late.

This pleasures me.

Will the translation for the full game require FBI? I was hoping I'd just be able to use a legal physical copy and run the patch via the Homebrew Loader.

Blah!

Espiox wrote:
Will the translation for the full game require FBI? I was hoping I'd just be able to use a legal physical copy and run the patch via the Homebrew Loader.

Uwabami mentioned that ideally HANS would be used with the final patch, and that only launches legal games.

Scarlet Study Member

Most of you probably already know this, but you can install CFW on all 3DS firmwares now: https://3ds.guide/

This will probably always be the preferred way of using our patch!

Again: having a CFW installed is legitimate for region-free playing and using fan-patches for your legally-owned Games. We still don't support piracy.

(I added this note for CR because of some vile individuals suggesting we do).

Happy Maria

There's no need to call them vile. Just inquisitive.

Scarlet Study Member

There's no need to call them vile. Just inquisitive.

Quote:

Come on, I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just saying no one is going to bite your butt if you admit you pirated DGS. I prefer being called a pirate than importing a Japanese 3DS + Japanese game I can't even understand.

Quote:
Of course, that's what all translation teams do. Always the "support the devs!" card.

Quote:

Quote:
Be it by legit or shady means, doesn't matter.

I consider that vile slander on his part. It's not even true. You can import DGS easily and play it perfectly legal using CFW. Using a CFW is also perfectly legal, as is releasing a delta patch. CAPCOM might not like us making an unauthorized derivative of their work, but they have never stopped any team from doing so unless piracy was involved. Again: suggesting we're to blame if individual people do pirate the game is vile slander.

In fact, we always tell people to import DGS, because CAPCOM knows how many copies are sold via exporters. That would show them we care!

I would argue that a person is fully responsible for all reasonable consequences of her work.

Scarlet Study Member

Dowolf wrote:
I would argue that a person is fully responsible for all reasonable consequences of her work.

So you're legally responsible for people pirating AAI2 en masse then? Better get a good lawyer!

The 3DS system is completely broken now, there's nothing we can do to stop pirates if they want to pirate. All we can do is ask people nicely to please support CAPCOM and we really mean that. I bought my special edition copy legally and I'm very happy with it - and I encourage everyone to do the same. A sales boost from exporters now should be a clear indicator for them that the English-speaking fans care.

We do have a few ideas to slow down pirates a little for the main game release, but everybody here should know this is a battle we probably can't win.

What else do you expect us to do? We can only hope many people will follow our plea and buy this great game!

Missile

As far as I'm aware, Capcom are pretty fair to people who wander into a gray area regarding copyright. Street fighter x Megaman was doing the rounds as an "illegal" wip fan game for a couple of years before Capcom offered to help produce it.

All of the fan art and musical remixes of Capcom games that are hosted on websites that feature advertising are also technically "illegal" in most countries. Yet Capcom are always very positive, and even provide links to these works through official channels. If I worked at Capcom, I would actually be pretty proud that some fans cared enough about the game to translate it.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just praise the hard work of the fan translators?

Uwabami wrote:
Dowolf wrote:

So you're legally responsible for people pirating AAI2 en masse then?

Legally, no. Admittedly, as far as I know, no publisher has gone beyond sending a C&D letter to fan translators, so exactly how much culpability the law would assign is by no means an answered question. However, the ethical ramifications are much more interesting to me; and ethically, the answer is yes. We are responsible for the fact that AAI2 can now never get an official release. This must be weighed against the knowledge that, as far as we could tell, AAI2 was never going to get an official release, along with the value that we derived from allowing non-Japanese speakers to enjoy the work.

To shortcut that calculation by simply saying "We take zero responsibility for the use-case that we know the vast majority of our audience will employ, and take zero responsibility for the long-term consequences" is doing yourself a disservice.

Scarlet Study Member

Dowolf wrote:
Uwabami wrote:
Dowolf wrote:

So you're legally responsible for people pirating AAI2 en masse then?

Legally, no. Admittedly, as far as I know, no publisher has gone beyond sending a C&D letter to fan translators, so exactly how much culpability the law would assign is by no means an answered question. However, the ethical ramifications are much more interesting to me; and ethically, the answer is yes. We are responsible for the fact that AAI2 can now never get an official release. This must be weighed against the knowledge that, as far as we could tell, AAI2 was never going to get an official release, along with the value that we derived from allowing non-Japanese speakers to enjoy the work.

To shortcut that calculation by simply saying "We take zero responsibility for the use-case that we know the vast majority of our audience will employ, and take zero responsibility for the long-term consequences" is doing yourself a disservice.

I know you're bitter we disapprove of your changes, and I'm sorry you feel that way. Bringing up straw-man arguments will not help your case.

They guy who makes knives is not responsible for people using them to murder, the company that makes plastic bags is not responsible for children suffocating themselves with them on accident. We specifically ask people not to pirate, but we can't stop them when even the company that made the game can't.

You making a translated script for the game would be - following your crude logic - the same, as people use it to play the game themselves. So in case they didn't buy it, you're "responsible". I can't follow that logic, again: my guess is you're bitter.

As for our "ethical responsibility" preventing a DGS release in the west: like AAI2 it was never going to happen. We all know that by now. And a fan translation does not prevent an eventual official release should the company decide on doing so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_trans ... wledgments

It has happened before, and if CAPCOM were to sell our fan-translation on eShop, I would have no objections to that.

This and that are two very different things. Bringing one up as if it affects the other is a somewhat amateurish technique, as is relying on ad hominems. Though I was wondering if the "whitewashing" bit, as inapt as it would be, was a reference to me; may I take this to be an affirmation?

The difference between your examples and what you are doing is that making knives is perfectly legal. Making plastic bags is perfectly legal. You are correct that what I have done is much the same; the difference is that I do not absolve myself of the negative consequences.

Last edited by Dowolf on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scarlet Study Member

Dowolf wrote:
This and that are two very different things. Bringing one up as if it affects the other is a somewhat amateurish technique, as is relying on ad hominems. Though I was wondering if the "whitewashing" bit, as inapt as it was, was a reference to me; may I take this to be an affirmation?

The difference between your examples and what you are doing is that making knives is perfectly legal. Making plastic bags is perfectly legal. You are correct that what I have done is much the same; the difference is that I do not absolve myself of the negative consequences.

We do not have CAPCOM's approval to make an translation of DGS. That's true. But we are not selling anything or making money in any way. You on the other hand have videos on YouTube, which could be seen by mean-spirited people as making money of an IP you do not own.

It's a grey area that has been traditionally tolerated or "generously overlooked" by game companies. Sometimes they even made fan-translations official, see the article I linked before. I see it this way: they do get a few additional sales from honest people like us who really bought the game. In that way, we help them boost their sales a little. The pirates disrespecting our wishes are not really lost sales for CAPCOM, as they didn't market the game in the west in the first place.

Coming back to the "localization issue": I didn't want to call you out, but seeing as you try to smear our efforts: who else would that have been about. I have said on many occasions that while I think you're a gifted translator (and I really mean that), I (and every single translator on my team) disapprove of your changes. I respect, however, that other people seem to like them - and they should read them if they do. What I do not tolerate is your fanboys harassing or even threatening our members. I don't think that's your fault, but following your logic it might be...

I do not make a single penny off of any of my videos, actually, for exactly this reason.

If you did not want to call me out, you did not have to. You could have let the issue drop; nothing was forcing you to do otherwise. I am not bitter over how things have gone; why would I be? Saddened, perhaps, that I was not even given the opportunity to correct mistakes, saddened that what patch will exist seems to be going the hyper-literal route, but not bitter. But you chose to mischaracterize my translation, which does make me angry. Changing names does not amount to "whitewashing." Every Japanese person is still Japanese; every Russian is yet a Russian; every Englishman remains an Englishman. Personalities were not changed to make this happen.

And yes, I am responsible for what my more... let us say zealous fanboys have wrought. Which is why I immediately took action to correct it, when I realized what I had unwittingly unleashed. That outcome is my one biggest regret over how the entire thing went down.

Last edited by Dowolf on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 1 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes