Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 6 of 7[ 257 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and MoonTopic%20Title

Pretty sure the "three months later" part just means you moved to Alola three months after the Lillie cutscene at the beginning

Anyone need an Arceus code for NA? Got an extra and it expires on the 30th

Lusamine killed my Sylveon! That stupid bitch!!

Also, I KNOW that Pokémon is aimed towards kids, but do they have to make things so obvious? Tip, GameFreak: next time you want to make it a revelation that people are related, DO NOT MAKE THEM LOOK SO FREAKING SIMILAR!

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Lusamine killed my Sylveon! That stupid bitch!!

Spoiler:
must not have been beautiful enough

And I mean

That's kind of how genetics work

Liked Hau's "Whuuuuu-?" reaction to the big revelation, though

And by "liked" I mean Hau is stupid

Still a big step up from your crew in XY for what that's worth

Genetics Schmetics, there are tons of kids out there who don't look like exact clones of their parents. Even Sims 3, which has some weird genetics at times, can give me a dark-skinned, darkhaired baby from a blonde, blue-eyed mother, if the father was dark.

Honestly, Hau seems like such a... non-entity. He's there, but he has no real purpose.
He fills the 'friendly rival' role. Which bugs me. I want a RIVAL, not a FRIEND.

C-A

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

CatMuto wrote:
Genetics Schmetics, there are tons of kids out there who don't look like exact clones of their parents.

Something something children can inherit recessive traits instead of the dominant ones which is exactly how genetics work.

Quote:
Honestly, Hau seems like such a... non-entity. He's there, but he has no real purpose.
He fills the 'friendly rival' role. Which bugs me. I want a RIVAL, not a FRIEND.

He can't be the rival if we're already the rival. I refuse to acknowledge him.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I'm playing Y right now. They're so boring.

MBr wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I'm playing Y right now. They're so boring.

Given that, out of the Pokémon games I've played, I found none of your friends or crew interesting... they are all pretty much boring to me. Honestly, the only one I kinda like is Blue/Gary, because he was better and a step ahead. Come on, he was the champion before I could be!

Also, I knew Hapu would be kahuna. Too important of a character design.

C-A

holy crap rng must love me

Spoiler: post-game spoilers
Soft reset three times for a Jolly Cosmog (playing Moon)

Third time was absolutely the charm, Jolly with a spread of 31/31/30/13/31/31

If only my Lunala had been born that flawless :yogi:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Speaking of Blue/Gary, I'd like to see another antagonistic rival.

So I know this is a long shot but

Anyone willing to touch-trade me their Tapu Lele just to fill in the Dex entry? I'm trying to SR mine for HP Fire (something like a 1/200 chance of getting the right nature and hidden power lel) and not having Rotom yammer at me after every catch would help decrease frustration quite a bit

-edit- nvm finally got it

FINALLY

FIVE DAYS OF SRING

IT'S OVER

In Justice We Trust

Maybe it's because I've got other things on my mind, but I'm not really getting into Sun as much as I got into Y. Part of it probably has to do with the Alola region's overall theme; Hawaii just doesn't interest me. Then again, I'm only on the second island at this point, so maybe I'll like the game more as I get farther. It's tempting for me to argue that the game's failure to hook me thus far makes it inferior to Y, but it's been so long since I played Y that I don't remember how invested in the game I was by this relative point in the story.

One factor that occurs to me is that the game world (or the part of it I've been to thus far) feels very small to me. It makes my journey feel less like some sort of grand adventure and more like a stroll around the neighborhood.
I'll always love you, Max.

I like picking Hawaii as a setting, mostly because it actually alters majority of the NPCs appearances. It's nice to not just see pale white-asian-zeno-esque people all over the place. Nice to get some color in them. (I don't mean this in a racist way, just that I would like more variety in color in NPCs - Brock had pretty dark skin, which I found nice) And some of the designs are neat, like the dancer and such.

I'm sure I've ranted about it before, but I hate how Lillie is so much in the spotlight! The point of a Pokémon game is to have MY adventure, MY goal of completing the trials/league/whatever and MY achievment of becoming the best. It just feels like Lillie is the main protagonist and I'm just the sidekick that happens to be action-oriented. If she was an actually interesting character, I might not be so harsh on her - but she is boring! Even when she decides to step up and do something, she is still so... non-doing. When she said she wanted to change, I expected her to get a Pokémon and really do things. Nope, she still claims she's not a 'real trainer' and focuses on Repels...

And Rotom-Dex is annoying. Why is there not an option to tell it to STFU? I know, I know, aimed at kids, but they know that adults play it. What made them think that Rotom-Dex's type of talkingzzzzzz would appeal to anyone? The only one it may appeal to is white rappers like Team Skull. Okay, it is helpful if you haven't played in a while and don't remember where to go... but you could easily just make it so that tapping the Rotom-Dex could have it say, "Remember, you gotta go to X to do Y".

C-A

PS: Also, minor thing. The calling for help during battles thing. On the one hand, it's pretty neat. On the other hand, it's so annoying when I just want to catch the Pokémon or defeat it and at a sliver of health, it keeps calling for an ally.

OH BOY, 3AM!

CatMuto wrote:
PS: Also, minor thing. The calling for help during battles thing. On the one hand, it's pretty neat. On the other hand, it's so annoying when I just want to catch the Pokémon or defeat it and at a sliver of health, it keeps calling for an ally.

I'm not sure if you already know this, but if you were to inflict a status on a Pokémon, it will no longer call for help.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Gettin' Old!

I really like the setting and structure...making the adventure a cultural 'coming of age' rite fits well with the setting and I vastly prefer it to the ludicrously dangerous "give 10 year old a rare pokemon and just let them go" trip. I feel it makes more narrative sense and it really helps with world building when you hear about every one else who attempted the Island Challenge.

Team Skull 4 Life yo.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I don't use many Pokémon that have status moves - I'm more an offense-type. You know, given how the anime and even this game have the whole 'coming of age at X years for Pokémon', it always confuses me when I see the kindergardener trainers or such.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

So, what's in the endgame besides UB hunting, Tapus, and Battle Tree? Because compared to the endgame of gens 5 and 6, this game feels less than desired. Is there a way to fight trainers like you could in the Battle Chateau or cafes in XY? After you beat the Pokemon league in gen 5 you still had almost half of the region to explore, and gen 6 had either the Friend Safari or DexNav to fill up your National Dex. I hear we're getting the National Dex when the Pokemon Bank becomes available to gen 7, though I can't understand why it is not in the base game.

I played Y for the first time a month ago, and I already have more hours logged into it than Moon. I find the Pokemon, trainer customization, and region better than Alola, though the villains and friends are garbage. I even was able to raise a whole new team with the help of the Battle Chateau and Cafes in Y to beat the Elite Four.

My personal opinion: aside from the story (which I think is the best in any Pokemon game) and the Z-moves, S/M is a letdown.

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
So, what's in the endgame besides UB hunting, Tapus, and Battle Tree? Because compared to the endgame of gens 5 and 6, this game feels less than desired. Is there a way to fight trainers like you could in the Battle Chateau or cafes in XY? After you beat the Pokemon league in gen 5 you still had almost half of the region to explore, and gen 6 had either the Friend Safari or DexNav to fill up your National Dex. I hear we're getting the National Dex when the Pokemon Bank becomes available to gen 7, though I can't understand why it is not in the base game.

I played Y for the first time a month ago, and I already have more hours logged into it than Moon. I find the Pokemon, trainer customization, and region better than Alola, though the villains and friends are garbage. I even was able to raise a whole new team with the help of the Battle Chateau and Cafes in Y to beat the Elite Four.

My personal opinion: aside from the story (which I think is the best in any Pokemon game) and the Z-moves, S/M is a letdown.

Eh it might not be as packed as XY but I feel I definitely got my money's worth out of it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Island Scan
Get your Festival Plaza to L100
Max out your trainer passport
Get all the battle styles
Get all the clothes
Get all your legendaries to L100 so you can fix their bad stats with Hyper Training
Breed
Battle people online

Hau killed my Leafeon! That dick!! Also, my recently-evolved-into-Haunter. (Ok, that latter was my fault cause I forgot that Psychic would be super effective on it... I forget sometimes that Haunter is part Poison)

C-A

Spoiler: Late Sun/Moon
Here is my reaction to Lusamine fusing with Nihilego in Ultra Space.
"What the fuck? *to my mom* Pokémon is getting weird! And I mean weird by its own standards!"

C-A

In Justice We Trust

The whole "four islands" theme has allowed me to try something a bit different from my usual playstyle. The idea is that when I go to a new island, I transition to a new team; my starter is the only Pokémon I don't swap out for a new Pokémon on each island, though there's really no reason why I couldn't swap him out, too. I finished Melemele with Brionne, Cottonee, Sudowoodo, Makuhita, and Trumbeak. I finished Akala with Brionne, Magby, Dugtrio, Haunter, Passimian, and Nosepass. I finished Ulaʻula with Primarina, Flygon, Metang, Pangoro, Electabuzz, and Ninetales. I recently arrived at Poni, have added Aerodactyl to my team, and plan on catching a Dhelmise and Wailmer at Seafolk Village before continuing with my challenge. As things stand, I keep my previous team at the beginning of each island since the game doesn't really expect me to have only my starter at the beginning of each island. I swap old members out for new catches as I go. My plan is that my final team will be picked based on the best of each team I've had thus far--though that does mean I'll have some grinding to do before the Pokémon League...

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
The whole "four islands" theme has allowed me to try something a bit different from my usual playstyle. The idea is that when I go to a new island, I transition to a new team; my starter is the only Pokémon I don't swap out for a new Pokémon on each island, though there's really no reason why I couldn't swap him out, too. I finished Melemele with Brionne, Cottonee, Sudowoodo, Makuhita, and Trumbeak. I finished Akala with Brionne, Magby, Dugtrio, Haunter, Passimian, and Nosepass. I finished Ulaʻula with Primarina, Flygon, Metang, Pangoro, Electabuzz, and Ninetales. I recently arrived at Poni, have added Aerodactyl to my team, and plan on catching a Dhelmise and Wailmer at Seafolk Village before continuing with my challenge. As things stand, I keep my previous team at the beginning of each island since the game doesn't really expect me to have only my starter at the beginning of each island. I swap old members out for new catches as I go. My plan is that my final team will be picked based on the best of each team I've had thus far--though that does mean I'll have some grinding to do before the Pokémon League...

Good luck, I hear Delmise is a 1% fishing chance.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

10% at bubbling spots, if Bulbapedia is to be trusted--1% if there are no bubbles. Passimian was 5% odds and Beldum was 10% odds, so I'm confident that I'll eventually catch a Dhelmise.

Edit: Caught one.

Canadian Cat: The True Master Race

I'm shiny breeding for Litten. Please pray for me, I'm on my third box. :shoe:

I'm shiny breeding for Cutiefly, don't know how many boxes I've gone through at this point

Tried to find someone with a foreign game to breed one I can use for Masuda Method but haven't been having any luck

I completed the main section. I'm not counting it as having successfully completed a Nuzlocke, because I entered the E4, lost two Pokémon and decided to restart when I had more time to focus on this. Call it a minor thing, but I don't like how one of the E4 is not a Kahuna - okay, they probably wanted to get you some variety, considering you fought two of the Kahuna already, but still. Kahili is just... suddenly there. I'd prefer if they got all new characters for E4 or had every Kahuna back. Exception of Nanu, cause he's that type of guy.

Also, in the final battle, I lost Dogmom (Granbull - whom I called that in terms of Fairy Godmother to Dogmother... but later realized it could be seen as a way to call her a Bitch in a polite way... oops.) and Joof (Gyarados). Popplio's final form gave me difficulty, cause I just didn't have anything for Water types, really. (Grasstypes seem to be cursed for me, they keep dying. And my... my Magneton died against Lusamine. He was my SECOND catch in the game!)

And Lillie just HAD to steal the limelight OVER AND OVER during the section of MY celebration of becoming the freaking FIRST ALOLA CHAMPION. Nope, fuck celebrating ME and MY achievement, Lillie must be in the focus.

Spoiler: Lillie
Her leaving for Kanto does nothing for me. I don't care about her, so her leaving is not emotional. Heck, when Lillie turned to my character and said she was gonna go to Kanto to become a proper trainer, I said, "You will fail at Lance".

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I completed the main section. I'm not counting it as having successfully completed a Nuzlocke, because I entered the E4, lost two Pokémon and decided to restart when I had more time to focus on this. Call it a minor thing, but I don't like how one of the E4 is not a Kahuna - okay, they probably wanted to get you some variety, considering you fought two of the Kahuna already, but still. Kahili is just... suddenly there. I'd prefer if they got all new characters for E4 or had every Kahuna back. Exception of Nanu, cause he's that type of guy.

Also, in the final battle, I lost Dogmom (Granbull - whom I called that in terms of Fairy Godmother to Dogmother... but later realized it could be seen as a way to call her a Bitch in a polite way... oops.) and Joof (Gyarados). Popplio's final form gave me difficulty, cause I just didn't have anything for Water types, really. (Grasstypes seem to be cursed for me, they keep dying. And my... my Magneton died against Lusamine. He was my SECOND catch in the game!)

And Lillie just HAD to steal the limelight OVER AND OVER during the section of MY celebration of becoming the freaking FIRST ALOLA CHAMPION. Nope, fuck celebrating ME and MY achievement, Lillie must be in the focus.

Spoiler: Lillie
Her leaving for Kanto does nothing for me. I don't care about her, so her leaving is not emotional. Heck, when Lillie turned to my character and said she was gonna go to Kanto to become a proper trainer, I said, "You will fail at Lance".

C-A

I agree that Kahili is super out-of-place. I mean...they went to all this trouble to put in all these super-trainers who get some ok character moments throughout it and then just waste it all by importing some nobody at the end of the game?

Still got my Necrozma the other day, not sure how that was meant to be really apparent to the player but eh. I'm torn now, because I could be done with the game but I'd quite like a Gyaradosite but it means I need to deal with Battle Tree or Battle Royal both of which don't seem very BP efficient.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Battle Tree starts getting more efficient once you gain access to Super Singles (and I assume the other Super battle types which I'm bad at so I haven't tried)
2 BP for every win from stages 1 through 10, then 3 for 11 to 20, 4 for 21 to 30, etc.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Battle Tree starts getting more efficient once you gain access to Super Singles (and I assume the other Super battle types which I'm bad at so I haven't tried)
2 BP for every win from stages 1 through 10, then 3 for 11 to 20, 4 for 21 to 30, etc.

Wish I could even get that far, I feel I'm so handicapped in it and people have such strategies.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Train up the Ultra Beasts and use them if you don't have any bred mons

Also yes Kahili is garbage
Couldn't even bother to show up for the UB crisis and all of a sudden she's E4?
She's not even from Poni
Even Mina would have been a better choice and literally her only contribution to the story was "uhh I don't have a trial because I'm lazy so have a free Z-crystal, k bye"

Ace Explorer

CatMuto wrote:
"What the fuck? *to my mom* Pokémon is getting weird! And I mean weird by its own standards!"

C-A

Spoiler:
When I got to that point, I was hoping I'd actually get to fight her. Not her Pokemon, her. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.

Well? Are we going or what?

Gettin' Old!

Alonso Swift wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Spoiler:
When I got to that point, I was hoping I'd actually get to fight her. Not her Pokemon, her. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.

Spoiler:
Part of me thinks pokemonxhuman violence would crank up the ESRB ratings.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Alonso Swift wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Part of me thinks pokemonxhuman violence would crank up the ESRB ratings.

Spoiler:
Yeah, dropping boulders and thunderbolts on Pokémon is one thing but they'll never let you do that to a human being

Ace Explorer

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, dropping boulders and thunderbolts on Pokémon is one thing but they'll never let you do that to a human being

Spoiler:
Well, she was fused with one. That halfway counts, right?

Well? Are we going or what?

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Even Mina would have been a better choice and literally her only contribution to the story was "uhh I don't have a trial because I'm lazy so have a free Z-crystal, k bye"

That reminds me, I don't think I ever found Psychium Z... maybe it's in a detour, like Flyum Z?

Quote:
Spoiler: 2nd Lusamine Battle

Honestly, I was thinking that, too. It would have been weird, but it would have been something new. I mean, it's not like Pokémon hasn't had humans hurt before - BW2 has the player being frozen at one point, if I recall correctly.

I started a new run. This time, I'm playing as a guy - the one with the most dark skin and I called him Lyon. Picked Popplio as my starter this time, as difficult as it is for me to ignore the cat starter. (I don't like its nature that much. +SpAtk which is good, but -Def.)

Also, I'll actually bother with Poké Pelago this time, because otherwise, the only way to get a Dawn Stone is post-game. :ron:

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

That reminds me, I don't think I ever found Psychium Z... maybe it's in a detour, like Flyum Z?

Right, it's in the Haina Desert, an area I completely forgot about until post-game

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Right, it's in the Haina Desert, an area I completely forgot about until post-game

Haina...? I think I passed such an area before finishing, but couldn't go in? I dunno, it's such a non-entity, I can't even recall where I might have seen it...

C-A

In Justice We Trust

Now that I've reached the battle with Solgaleo, I feel I've gotten a good sense of how I feel about Lillie. While I'm okay with her as a character, I am inclined to agree that the developers really dropped the ball with regards to her role in the story.
Spoiler: Story up to battle with Solgaleo/Lunala
Lillie's connection to Lusamine pretty much guarantees her a position as an important character. However, because she isn't a trainer, she isn't able to play an active role in advancing the plot on more than a few occasions, which makes her presence in several scenes come off to me forced rather than necessary. Personally, I would have preferred her as a rival whom the player character would fight alongside when confronting Team Skull and the Aether Foundation. Serena's role (or Calem's role if you played as a girl) in X and Y comes to mind for me; she joined the player character in confronting Team Flare and was just someone I enjoyed facing in battle.

I'm no mind reader, but I suspect that the main reason the developers chose not to make Lillie a trainer is the player character's own role. If Lillie is also a trainer, then I think it would be more appropriate for her rather than the player character to be the one facing Lusamine, but that would deprive the player of the honor of defeating the main villain. There's also the problem of Nebby. If Lillie's a capable trainer in her own right, then Nebby has no reason to join the player's team, thus depriving the player of the chance to catch a legendary Pokémon. However, the issue of Nebby can be worked around simply by doing something similar to what was done with Zekrom and Reshiram in Pokémon Black and White; have Nebby evolve into the other version's mascot and then have the player settle for the Cosmog that appears at the Lake of the Sunne or the Lake of the Moone, depending on the game. I can't think of a good solution for the battle with Lusamine, though. I suppose Lillie and the player character could have a double battle with Lusamine and Guzma, but that could cause problems if Lillie's AI is prone to doing something stupid (such as have her Pokémon use Earthquake when you have a Golem out).

CatMuto wrote:
Haina...? I think I passed such an area before finishing, but couldn't go in? I dunno, it's such a non-entity, I can't even recall where I might have seen it...

C-A

It's on Ula'ula Island, east of Tapu Village and blocked off until you clear Acerola's trial

I think it's very easy to miss/forget since the game pushes you to go to Po Town right after the trial

There's nothing critical there anyway, just Psychium, Safety Goggles, and the third shrine (which is only important for post-game)

Oh and you can find Gabites there if you're willing to chain for them which is cool I guess

Current Nuzlocke run, I am using my 2nd encounter as the one to get.
Route 1 Encounter: freaking LEDYBA!
I called it 'Jeez'.

C-A
Page 6 of 7 [ 257 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station