Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

The Ace Attorney 15th Anniversary Event is this weekend!Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

It's been a while since we've had any major Ace Attorney news, so why don't we change that?

This weekend marks the Ace Attorney 15th Anniversary event in Japan! On January 22nd, a slew of AA cast and crew, including directors Takumi and Yamazaki, producer Eshiro, much of the voice cast, and composer Iwadare and his Justice Super Band will be putting on a show at Urayasu's Maihama Amphitheater, with one show in the afternoon at 13:30 JST and one in the evening at 18:00 JST. For those of us not in Japan, that means the first show starts at 8:30 PM PT/11:30 PM ET/5:30 AM CET on the 21st/22nd, respectively.

Ordinarily this would be where we plugged a livestream viewing, but... this isn't a livestreamed event! This isn't too surprising given the need to purchase tickets to attend, but it does mean we'll be largely in the dark on the status of the show unless an attendee whips out Twitter. And it's likely a good chunk of what goes on there (voice cast comments, performances, etc.) won't really make the same impact in tweets or post-performance reports by Famitsu.

But all that said - if nothing else, we can probably expect a good amount of AA news to come out of the event! Five years ago, the 10th anniversary celebration was where they showed off more of Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, as well as where they announced Dual Destinies for the first time. While we probably shouldn't expect Ace Attorney 7 to be announced (they've still barely started to promote DGS2!) it's likely we'll get more info on DGS2, other non-game Ace Attorney stuff (new musicals, films, plays, concerts, animes, etc.), and maybe a tease for the future of the series.

In any event, prolific Japanese AA blogger @hoso_boso will be attending, and it's likely that Famitsu and other gaming news sites will be posting reports about the event. And if there are major announcements, the official Japanese AA channels will likely post them as well. We'll keep you all posted with news as it comes!

[The Court-Records Original Character Contest is taking entries until the 29th!]
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: The Ace Attorney 15th Anniversary Event is this weekend!Topic%20Title

Unobjectionable

Hoping we see the announcement of a Trials & Tribulations anime adaptation. Say what you will about the show, but it'd be cool to see the original trilogy's story arc get a proper conclusion.

That, and animated Godot, of course.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Yeah, I'm expecting the Trials and Tribulations anime too, along with a new DGS2 trailer (And if we're lucky, a release date).

迷探偵

Awaiting announcements of Gyakuten Keiji (return of Gumshoe), Gyakuten Saiban X Danganronpa crossover (the teams didn't meet for nothing!) and that compilation of all the garakei mobile phone games like Gyakuten Hanafuda!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I would like to see an announcement for AA6 on mobiles, it's about time i would say.

I don't think they'd announce a new game before releasing DGS2 but maybe we can get a new DLC or something.

Happy Maria

I'll just be happy with whatever news we get.

hiya

Do you guys think there's any chance DGS2 will be a switch game? They haven't done enough advertising of the game yet for it to come out before this summer, and I would think 3DS games would stop coming out by then.

Happy Maria

Probably not. They could've announced it in the switch trailers,but nope

Avi S. Puhn wrote:
Do you guys think there's any chance DGS2 will be a switch game? They haven't done enough advertising of the game yet for it to come out before this summer, and I would think 3DS games would stop coming out by then.

Nintendo literally just announced a new Fire Emblem game for 3DS like 2 days ago! 2 games in fact, they said they won't stop supporting 3DS despite the Switch, i see no reason why Capcom should either.

What's a Court Records?

Definitely hoping for announcements on the future of the series.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

fanatic

Thunder84 wrote:
Yeah, I'm expecting the Trials and Tribulations anime too, along with a new DGS2 trailer (And if we're lucky, a release date).

What's DGS2?

The Wright Attorney wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

What's DGS2?

Dai gyakiten Saiban 2, the sequel to the Japan-only spinoff Dai gyakuten saiban that was released in 2015.
Signature loading, please wait...

fanatic

Cesar Zero wrote:
The Wright Attorney wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

What's DGS2?

Dai gyakiten Saiban 2, the sequel to the Japan-only spinoff Dai gyakuten saiban that was released in 2015.

]

ah, thanks for explaining

Cyberlink420 wrote:
Hoping we see the announcement of a Trials & Tribulations anime adaptation. Say what you will about the show, but it'd be cool to see the original trilogy's story arc get a proper conclusion.

That, and animated Godot, of course.

I'd like to see that too! I've out of all three of the trilogy games, I wanted the trials and tribulations to get an anime adaption the most.

Ash wrote:
Awaiting announcements of Gyakuten Keiji (return of Gumshoe), Gyakuten Saiban X Danganronpa crossover (the teams didn't meet for nothing!) and that compilation of all the garakei mobile phone games like Gyakuten Hanafuda!

I hope your right! It would be plain awesome if they confirm a danganropa X Phoenix Wright game.

OH BOY, 3AM!

I hope they announce DGS localization but I know it is probably in vain.
"The business is on. I am trying to raise the balance for the Gummy Bear so he could submit all the needed Fizzy Cola Bottle Jelly Beans to the Creme Egg for the Peanut M&Ms process to start. Send £1,500.00 via a Giant Gummy Lizard" -Solomon Odonkoh

Blah!

Sniper and Rifle wrote:
I hope they announce DGS localization but I know it is probably in vain.

There's no chance of that or any other localization news since it's a Japanese event.

Art Person

32 more minutes until it starts... so disappointed they didn't bother setting up a live stream at least for the main stage event.

Happy Maria

25 minutes now...

Keep an eye out for @hoso_boso for any news and translate what you can! It's every man and woman for themselves!

EDIT:Some good stuff

wonder what's in the dvd

Anyways,he says that he can't post till the event is over from now. A sad spectacle,but we will have to wait a while.

Canadian Cat: The True Master Race

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:

wonder what's in the dvd

Anyways,he says that he can't post till the event is over from now. A sad spectacle,but we will have to wait a while.

Is this official merchandise or is it stuff that'll only be sold in the event? I hope for the former. A lot.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

It's merchandise exclusive to the event. Limited stock and all.

The DVD is a collection of past TGS special court skits and some rare video extras.

If you guys want pictures, take a look at hoso_boso's blog:
http://ameblo.jp/gsfun/

or Dengeki Online's report of the event:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/454/1454479/

Now excuse me. I need a breather from seeing what the heck is on the MH Explore page.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The Real Human Being

>you will never own any of that Maya merchandise.
It hurts to live.

fanatic

So far it seems nothing interesting has been confirmed yet besides the great ace attorney 2 getting confirmed. Maybe we won't get the trials and contributions anime adaption after all. :(

Happy Maria

I think it'll take a while to announce a second season even if it did well.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes