Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 40 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

Re: Dangan-RonpaTopic%20Title

Blah!

A new trailer for New Danganronpa V3 came out and, well, it's a bit hectic so I'll let it speak for itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQcEdsKrgVg

Why didn't I join this sooner?

I haven't been as up to date with the recent trailers, but so far I know that the Ultimate Cosplayer has to be my #1 favorite in NDRV3.

Blah!

Danganronpa V3 is now up for pre-order from NISA, with a sometime in 2017 release date. Unfortunately, it seems that they're going the route of two tiered pricing, where it's $40 on Vita and $60 on PS4. Oh, and there are also special editions for both that are $40 more expensive, if you're into that.

Also, I recently watched Danganronpa 3 and, yeah, I don't really have much to add beyond what's already been stated here. It was worth a watch as a fan to see where the arc ended, but it really could have been better. All of the games had a more satisfying ending than that, but it still had its good parts.

Spoiler: Zero Escape series and DR3+UDG
It's like ZTD, which ended the series with the world not saved, but in a state where the protagonists were set up to save the world in an untold story (since it's the end of the series).

DR3 basically ended in the exact same way, where the remnants of despair (assuming there were no others still alive) were officially proven to be undone, even though the end of DR2 implied that. The whole game in Future arc didn't make any difference, other than weeding out some problematic people in Future Foundation maybe? Even though there were at least 12 other divisions who contain other people??? Also, even though the remnants of despair were perpetrating despair, it's not like getting rid of them would make the world instantly better, since they were mostly not involved in Ultra Despair Girls (Komaeda didn't seem to do much other than nudge the kids in certain directions; Monaca didn't need any help outside of her exposure to Junko to get access to the Monokumas).

Blah!

Yet another V3 trailer. This time it's showing off some gameplay. And the new Monokumas, which I REALLY hope aren't too annoying, because they sure seem to be that way right now.

Trial stuff shown includes regular debate, debate where people are talking over each other, and a group face-off.

A tiny bit of investigation is shown, but not much stood out to me.

Some of the during trial minigames are also shown, including a driving game that appears to be another form of Hangman's Gambit (it looks like the aim is to run over the right letters), what looks to be Hangman's Gambit Double Improved, and some sort of color matching puzzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLL04O0icI

The Monokumas aren't gonna be Monomi*5 are they? Let's see how this goes.

Blah!

lonechallenger wrote:
The Monokumas aren't gonna be Monomi*5 are they? Let's see how this goes.

Judging by interactions in the trailer, it seems like the other Monokumas are cohorts, not in opposition to the main Monokuma.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Yet another V3 trailer. This time it's showing off some gameplay. And the new Monokumas, which I REALLY hope aren't too annoying, because they sure seem to be that way right now.

Trial stuff shown includes regular debate, debate where people are talking over each other, and a group face-off.

A tiny bit of investigation is shown, but not much stood out to me.

Some of the during trial minigames are also shown, including a driving game that appears to be another form of Hangman's Gambit (it looks like the aim is to run over the right letters), what looks to be Hangman's Gambit Double Improved, and some sort of color matching puzzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLL04O0icI

I think the driving minigame is supposed to be another version of logic dive, and the color puzzle has something to do with revealing evidence.
Signature loading, please wait...

Blah!

The reason why I said the driving game looks like Hangman's Gambit in a sense is because it appears that a word (or sentence) is being spelled out up top. Logic Dive involved choosing the right answer. But I guess it's closer to Logic Dive in terms of the action part.

1000% Knight

Played the DRv3 demo. The characters didn't leave a huge impression on me one way or the other, but the minigames feel like a definite step down from SDR2. The other thing is that the audio quality of the voice clips was terrible; I'm hoping it was just to keep the file size of the demo down.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

any iruma fans out there?

Beauty and grace.

I'm really excited for this game, and the SDR2.5 OVA that will be released with it. DR3 had some pretty disappointing developments, and I'm hoping the OVA can brighten up my opinion.

I already like the characters, though I never really get too attached to them since we know at least 11 of them are gonna bite it.

scarlet-flowers wrote:

I already like the characters, though I never really get too attached to them since we know at least 11 of them are gonna bite it.

I'm still hoping my theory that a secret 17th student commits suicide in chapter 1 and everyone will still alive by chapter 2 is true.

Finally got around to playing the demo. Good grief were they lazy. Mini-games… I preferred the ones in 2 but we'll see how they'll shake things up in the full game. Don't have much of an opinion on the characters atm either That tennis player though huh, and is the detective non-binary?

1000% Knight

Ugh, it really annoys me how in the segment where the game introduces lie bullets, you can easily prove what you need to prove with the evidence you have.

Bad Player wrote:
Ugh, it really annoys me how in the segment where the game introduces lie bullets, you can easily prove what you need to prove with the evidence you have.

Correction: having to do a trial to begin with, when you can point out who the killer is before you even get your first piece of evidence...

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Correction: having to do a trial to begin with, when you can point out who the killer is before you even get your first piece of evidence...

C-A

This is DR we're talking about. If you did do that, the others would probably take that to mean you're the killer.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

C-A

This is DR we're talking about. If you did do that, the others would probably take that to mean you're the killer.

Which is dumb. Why should the ability of using logic mean I'm a killer?

C-A

I've felt worse.

Because in DR you have to be either a protagonist, a killer, or Kirigiri to use logic, and everyone thinks they're the protagonist.
Given the way everyone thinks, if you just suddenly came up with a perfect explanation of the events, someone is going to claim that you only knew that because you did it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

On that note, how is it no one suspected Kirigiri of being a culprit up until the 5th case?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I bought the first game on Steam when it was on sale almost a year ago. Now I've played it. It was engaging and thrilling.
Spoiler:
What I love: The atmosphere. This is the darkest game I ever played, even with pink blood. What the game does best is dangle hope in front of you again and again only to destroy it. The free time segments give you just enough time to get invested in the characters only for a murder to occur with wrecks your faith in them.
What I like: Nonstop debates: Basically cross-examinations in real time. I also thought the voice acting was great, though I don't like the voices interjections when a character starts a new line.
What I don't like: The other gimmicks. I felt like the rhythm game and hangman's gambit were just there to fill space. I didn't find them to be fun.
Also, taking down Junko felt anti-climactic. It was more fun revealing her true identity.
Edit: And on the final trial, I would have liked it if there was some Layton vs. Wright-style explanation for why the students lost their memories. They just glossed over it in this game.

Good game, looking forward to more despair.

迷探偵

Finished New V3 today. Some short non-spoiler comments:

- I liked the new cast.
- It's not really "new", is it? I mean, iit feels more like a remake of the original game. SDR2 was more surprising as a 'power-up'. You don't really feel like the team has made any real advances in the nearly five years since SDR2 was released.
- The seperate cases feature some very enjoyable mystery plots. They are not difficult, but they show enough originality a true mystery fan can enjoy them (because case complexity =/= how good a mystery is plotted). The credits show that writer Takekuni Kitayama (who also writes the Danganronpa Kirigiri novels) helped with the tricks of the cases, and it shows, as you can feel his style (he specializes in impossible situations/locked room murders). Also: that explains why he still hasn't written Danganronpa Kirigiri 5 :/
- Fourth chapter is most original in terms of mystery plot. Again, it's not difficult to figure out for most people who'd play this game, I think, but I really like it.
- There are some other cases that make neat use of the unique rules/tropes of the Danganronpa universe and the medium. I love mystery plots that show that extra effort.
- The main storyline is...err... I do like the idea behind it. But as always, the conclusion is executed in a way that is too long, too chaotic, trying to reach too far with too little effort. The seperate cases of V3 are far more enjoyable than the overall story.
- "Revised" versions of the game mechanics (mini games) are horrible. Really horrible. I beat the game, but I still don't know how that rhythm game at the end of each case works and I don't know how I passed those sections despite me missing every beat.
- The lying mechanic is a bit underused, but does add a bit of replayability (there are alternative routes in some segments, where you can lie instead of pointing out a contradiction).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Started DR2. Hangman Gambit is garbage.

Blah!

MBr wrote:

No arguments here. It's a real pain.

1000% Knight

CatMuto wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Well, that's a pervasive problem within DR. But even if the mysteries are really obvious, if you just pointed out the solution immediately, it wouldn't be much of a game. So the problem there is more with the difficulty levels of the mysteries rather than the particulars of the game.

For this, it's synthetically inserting a new mechanic just for the sake of using the new mechanic. If anything, the intro segment is when it should be most necessary. (For example, the first Logic Chess segment in GK2, where your court record has literally been emptied out.)

blahmoomoo wrote:
MBr wrote:

I guess I'm just literally the only person who didn't mind it :yogi:

also the rhythm mini-game has never made sense, Ash

Blah!

Bad Player wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
MBr wrote:

I guess I'm just literally the only person who didn't mind it :yogi:

I guess that if you can accept that it is impossible to do the minigame perfectly and you have plenty of mistakes that can be made without failing, it isn't that bad.

Still doesn't make it any good, but nobody's saying that.

1000% Knight

What? It wasn't hard at all... All you needed to do was destroy the letters before they hit each other, if they were going to collide before you needed them.

Blah!

Bad Player wrote:
What? It wasn't hard at all... All you needed to do was destroy the letters before they hit each other, if they were going to collide before you needed them.

Near the end of the game far too many letters appeared to make that possible if you were playing on the highest difficulty (and not playing on the highest difficulty means the minigames are far too easy early on, so it's kind of a lose-lose scenario). At least, that's certainly the case if you weren't playing with the Vita's touchscreen.

1000% Knight

blahmoomoo wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Near the end of the game far too many letters appeared to make that possible if you were playing on the highest difficulty (and not playing on the highest difficulty means the minigames are far too easy early on, so it's kind of a lose-lose scenario). At least, that's certainly the case if you weren't playing with the Vita's touchscreen.

I played the PSP version on the hardest difficulty and didn't have any trouble *shrug*

The only 'wall' I encountered was the sword minigame in ch2. I just couldn't mash the button fast enough ;-;

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I suppose DR3 will come to PC in a few years? It looks like the next release is Ultra Despair Girls.

I hope it comes out sooner than that. (Assuming you mean V3, since talking about an Anime coming out on PC would be weird)

Apparently the ending to this game is terrible (in a DR game, I know. Shock of the century) and led to a lot of 1-star reviews from JP fans

迷探偵

If you're talking about Amazon JP reviews, people *really* like to overreact there, focusing on one single point. See also: DGS reviews.

That said, the ending of NV3 *is* indeed quite messy. I do like the concept behind the ending/overall storyline though, as it's something only Danganronpa, or perhaps even more specific, this particular game could've pulled off, but the execution/presentation of the concept is rather disappointing.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
If you're talking about Amazon JP reviews, people *really* like to overreact there, focusing on one single point. See also: DGS reviews.

That said, the ending of NV3 *is* indeed quite messy. I do like the concept behind the ending/overall storyline though, as it's something only Danganronpa, or perhaps even more specific, this particular game could've pulled off, but the execution/presentation of the concept is rather disappointing.

Spoiler:
Does the ending involve Hope's Peak at all? Just yes/no and thanks in advance

迷探偵

JesusMonroe wrote:
Ash wrote:

Spoiler:
Does the ending involve Hope's Peak at all? Just yes/no and thanks in advance

Spoiler:
...Yes.

The imagination justifies the pimp

I should've known to come and talk here a long time ago. I myself am a DR fan.

So hello guys. I see that you're all talking about DRV3. Personally I prefer to wait until I can actually see the whole story myself without being spoiled, so I'm pretty much skipping most of the early posts on this one page.

On the other hand, I knew that the AA community won't be too naive with DR and it's holes unlike the main DR fanbase and I'm glad for that. Hopefully this will make me feel like I'm talking to more understanding people.

With all that said, I can't wait to talk about a bunch of stuff here now that I started.

So, My favorite DR is Goodbye Despair, Hajime is bro, and my favorite characters are Gundham, Kazuichi and Monaca.

Dynakirby63 wrote:
On the other hand, I knew that the AA community won't be too naive with DR and it's holes unlike the main DR fanbase and I'm glad for that.

Uh... that's not a compliment, if that was intended to be one. Anyone who is stumped by a DR 'mystery' - or an AA one - is, frankly, too stupid to play such games. They are really easy to figure out - I figured every plot twist out in the first one, before things even happened. Pretty bad for a mystery game...

But, really, are you saying that the 'main' DR base was seriously stumped by, say, Case 4's suicide? :ron:

C-A

The imagination justifies the pimp

I wasn't talking about the mystery lol

I'm saying that you guys actually take the time to analyze the story and scenarios before judging. Most DR fans I see always just take it for what it is without thinking about the story's many plotholes and how some of the characters are not the most well written. Not to mention being too pleased by the smallest of things happening. Case in point...

Spoiler: DR3 Future Arc
That one moment where everyone jumps on the Juzo bandwagon just because he's gay and because of Episode 11 and attacks the people who still reasonably hate him.

Not many people in the fanbase really care about the mystery tbh, at least not that I know of

I'd like to say, I was the one who put Danganronpa onto the Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy page of TV Tropes. I focused on the then-released two games and a brief mention of the outside game. Reading the entry that was later added for Despair Girls? (Spoilers in that link, I suppose)

Can't say I am surprised about this, but I have to admit that I am mildly... disappointed. You'd think Spike would consider not making things so super dark.
Oh, no. People are dying everywhere all over the place. *uses a toothpick* How dreadful.

C-A

1000% Knight

Danganronpa is dark? Yeah it's filled with murder, but it's quirkier than AA and the apocalypse stuff never comes up until the end of the games...

I'd personally probably put it in the Stupidity-Induced Audience Apathy page

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Bad Player wrote:
Danganronpa is dark? Yeah it's filled with murder, but it's quirkier than AA and the apocalypse stuff never comes up until the end of the games...

I'd personally probably put it in the Stupidity-Induced Audience Apathy page

Right up until the Danganronpa 3 anime, after which point, both tropes apply.
Page 40 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station