Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 9 of 22[ 880 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Yep,the basket.

ASCEND

Spoiler: I had a Snow Day despite there not actually being any snow.
No quotes to show this time.

{{I forgot to mention this last time because I’m dumb, but updates will be daily until the Revisualization ends}}

Vesti quickly reaches a conclusion…

TOADETTE PUT THE FIRE FLOWER IN HER BASKET!

(The flower basket was the best place for Toadette to store the fire flower. Any other method could have lead to the incriminating evidence being recovered later. With the flower in the basket, she could keep an eye on it… However, the flower isn’t in the basket anymore. The simplest explanation is that Toadette moved it somewhere else, but… is that really the answer? Did Toadette intentionally move the fire flower somewhere else?)

Choose an answer:
Yes

No

Maybe so

Prestige: 80%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1351973#p1351973
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

....no. I think it happened on accident because even she was surprised at it not being found there.

Sleeping is my life.

I think I know where this is going.

Pick 'No' for the reason SC stated.

Gettin' Old!

Might not like where it goes but "No"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Hello again.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
No?

Vesti makes his decision…

TOADETTE NEVER REMOVED THE FIRE FLOWER!

(When Toadeo revealed that the flower wasn’t in the basket, Toadette was just as shocked as we were. Not only that, but she didn’t seem willing to give up the basket… She must have thought the fire flower was still in her basket.
But where is the flower now? If Toadette didn’t remove it herself, how did it get out of the basket?)

Choose an answer:
It fell out of the basket.

It vanished mysteriously.

Someone stole it.

This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

Pick 'It fell out of the basket'.

I think I know where the Fire Flower is currently at.

Happy Maria

Fell out.

I know where it is now. Oh boy

Gettin' Old!

Not gonna lie I don't know where it would have fallen out.

Also doesn't this sink our case? There's no burn marks to use as fingerprints here so we were banking our case on it being in the basket. If it's found ANYWHERE else we can't prove it fell out of the basket to get there.

Unless it's in her house I guess it could look suspicious.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

Spoiler: uh oh spaghettio
OshaliteX2 wrote:
It... vanished?

Vesti chooses an answer…

THE FIRE FLOWER FELL OUT OF THE BASKET!

(The most likely explanation is that the flower fell out of Toadette’s basket. If Toadette didn’t notice the flower falling out of the basket, that would explain why she was so surprised when it wasn’t in the basket earlier.
In fact, I think I know exactly when the fire flower fell out of Toadette’s basket… One specific event led to the fire flower’s presumed disappearance. In order to find the flower, and perhaps the item she used keep the flower from burning her hand, I need to consider where this event took place.)

Choose an answer:
The Castle Lobby

The Fields

The Village Square

Sleeping is my life.

Pick "The Village Square". That's where Toadette tripped and fell, causing the Fire Flower to fall out of the basket.

Gettin' Old!

Nice memory
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Ayup,the square. Thank god I didn't forget.

ASCEND

Spoiler: We rapidly approach the conclusion...
Nothing to see here, move along...

Vesti something something I’m running out of these intro lines…

TOADETTE LOST THE FLOWER IN THE VILLAGE SQUARE!

(Exactly. In the village square, just a few minutes after me and Lauren were taken to this world, Toadette crashed into us after she left the detention center, and the flowers in her basket were sent flying everywhere! Almost the entire basket was emptied, and I bet the fire flower flew out along with it!
Toadette picked up a lot of those flowers, but she obviously didn’t retrieve the fire flower. That means it landed somewhere where she couldn’t find it. So, where in the village square must it have landed?

Choose an answer:
On the ground.

In the fountain’s lowest tier.

In the fountain’s highest tier.

Gettin' Old!

In the fountain's highest tier!

Because Toads are short!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Yeah, the fountain's highest tier.

Happy Maria

The highest fountain tier. Them Toadstools are shorties

ASCEND

Spoiler: I hope I can make this update not terrible.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Probably the top of the fountain assuming Toadette couldn't reach it since Toads are all so tiny.

Everything comes together…

THE FIRE FLOWER IS ON THE FOUNTAIN’S HIGHEST TIER!

(Exactly. That’s the only place where Toadette could never find the flower, and I bet it’s still there. And the evidence I need will be there too!)

Vesti opens his eyes, and looks out on the courtroom. Everyone is back in their positions as Toadsworth finally gets the gallery to quiet down. Meanwhile, Toadeo is returning the now refilled flower basket to Toadette, who is standing at the witness bench confidently. Vesti quickly shouts, “I’ve figured it out! I know where the fire flower is!” Wario, who seems to have had enough of everyone’s shenanigans, replies, “Alright, where is it? And for your sake, I hope this isn’t another complete waste of time.” Vesti responds, “Don’t worry about time anymore, because I’m about to end this trial!” Toadette replies, “Really? That seems like quite the boast coming from someone who’s fumbled their way through this whole accusation.” “The only person who fumbled here is you!” Vesti explains, “Especially when you dropped the murder weapon into the fountain at the town square!” An expression of dread briefly passes over Toadette’s face, as she replies, “…Th- The fountain?” “Exactly! The fountain in the town square,” Vesti continues, “Where you accidentally collided with me, sending the flowers in that basket flying all over the place! …Or did you forget about that already, Toadette?” Toadette shouts, “B- But I picked up all the flowers that spilled! I even got the ones that fell in the fountain, even though they were dripping wet! Why would I fail to get the most important one?!” “Because you didn’t see it,” Vesti explains, “That fountains had several separate pools in the center, each one smaller than the one below it. One flower fly all the way up to the highest tier. I only know because I saw it up there, but even I could barely tell it was there. Toadette, on the other hand, is short!” Toadette replies, “Was that whole speech just the set-up for a joke about my height?!” Vesti continues, “Uh… Of course not… I was saying that you couldn’t see the top of the fountain, so you had no way of knowing that the flower was there! Which means that if we send someone to check the fountain, then they’ll find that decisive evidence, and we can finally conclude this case!” Before Toadette can reply, Toadsworth slam down his gavel, and says, “Toadeo take two other guards and investigate the top of that fountain, and return with your findings!” Toadeo replies, “Yes, sir! I will conduct a most honorable search of the area post-haste!” Toadeo turns in an instant and dashes out of the room. Vesti shouts after him, “You should probably bring a ladder too… Since you’re just as short as our witness…” Lauren Tehra replies, “Technically, he should bring a stepladder, because leaning a ladder against the center of the fountain would be dangerous.” Vesti mumbles, “I know we’re in court, but can we just skip the technical semantics for now?” Smiling, Lauren replies, “If you insist on using incorrect terminology, then fine.”

Several minutes later, Toadeo rushed back into the courtroom, two other guards trailing behind him. Once he reaches the center of the room, he shouts, “I have completed my honorable search of the town square, and returned victorious!” He a red and yellow flower into the air. Judging by the reactions of the gallery, Vesti is certain that it is the fire flower. Toadsworth asks, “That most certainly is the murder weapon… Could you explain exactly where you found it? Do try to be specific.” Toadeo replies, “It was on the highest tier of the fountain, right where the defense said it would be! We forgot to get the stepladder, so we had to stand on each other’s head to reach up there. I fell and hurt myself a few times, but that isn’t enough to stop an honorable guard! …Anyway, the fire flower was just sort of floating in the pool there, which had turned brown because of all the ash floating in it… We should probably get someone to clean that up…” Wario replies, “Ash? Where did that come from? In my experience, most of the ash that comes from shooting a fire flower goes back to the attacker.” “Exactly,” Toadeo continues, “I think all that ash actually came from this!” One of the guards gives Toadeo what appears to be a pink and white polka-dot handkerchief, which he proceeds to hold up for the court to see. The fabric itself is marred by a hole burned through the center, the edges of which is charred black and covered in soot. Though the design and coloration made it obvious enough who the item belonged to, the word “Toadette” is sewn into the lower-right corner. Toadeo continues, “We found this item wrapped tightly around the stem of the flower!” Vesti explains, “That must be the object the killer used to use the fire flower without getting burned… Well, Toadette, do you have anything to say about that?” Toadette doesn’t seem to be taking this news well. She stands at the defense bench, quickly tearing petals off of one of her flowers, a look of fear in her eyes. Eventually, she replies, “Th- That’s not possible! I’ve been framed! S- Someone used my handkerchief to kill the victim and then left the flower in the fountain! Y- Yeah, that’s it!” Vesti slams his fists on the defense bench, and replies, “You can’t expect us to believe that! Even if Luigi had stolen your handkerchief, there was no way for him to get your fire flower to the fountain. He’s been in the detention center ever since he was arrested in the castle!” Suddenly, Lauren calmly explains, “Besides, if someone wanted to frame you, they would have left the murder weapon in your home, or perhaps your charity office, not in the town square. Only three people were present when your basket spilled. They consisted of you, Vesti, and I. Obviously, we did not commit this crime, so how could anyone even know to place the flower in that fountain? And why would they, when there were much better ways to frame you?” Vesti continues, “Besides, that collision was the only way the flower could have gotten up there! Most of the people involved in this case were toads, who couldn’t have reached the top of the fountain. They could have thrown the fountain up there, but it would have been nearly impossible to do in one try and would look very suspicious. Besides, what kind of criminal would try to hide evidence in such an obvious way right in front of a police station?” Lauren explains, “Finally, why would the criminal go out of their way to frame you, who wasn’t anywhere near where the crime took place? No matter how you look at, Luigi is the only person in this case who could easily be framed. After all, he is who you tried to frame, though it may have been unintentional at first.” Finally, Vesti and Lauren emphasize their argument by pointing straight at Toadette at the same time, while shouting, “It’s over, Toadette! You can’t hide behind your lies anymore!”

Toadette stands silently at the witness stand, sweating nervously as she fiddles with a flower in her basket. Suddenly, she let’s out a scream of rage, pulling several handfuls of flowers out of the basket. She tears them to shreds, throws them into the air, slams a few back into the basket, and then repeats the cycle. By the time she stops tearing up the flowers, the floor around her is covered in petals and broken stems. She stands behind the witness bench, raises her fists into the air, and let’s out another scream. However, the sound slowly goes from an enraged scream to an anguished cry, and soon she slams her fists onto the witness bench before slamming her head into the flower basket. This throws a few more petals into the air, and by the time they fall around Toadette, the only sound the court can here is quiet sobbing, muffled by the flowers in the basket.

“That man… That princess… They never thought about us… From up in that castle, we all just looked like ants! When the princess came up with her stupid vacation plan, she didn’t think about the toads she was leaving behind. When that plumber helped her get into Bowser’s vehicle, he didn’t consider how many toads would suffer without a leader!” Toadette pushes herself up from the witness stand, the glare she gave the courtroom lessened significantly by the tears in her eyes. She continued, “I worked tirelessly to help the toads, but I was scared. I thought of the two of them sitting up in that castle, enjoying huge cakes while we struggled to survive, and I knew they would try again. Princess Toadstool didn’t want to be in power, but she was too self-centered to step down. Do you have any idea how much that tortured me? Knowing that everything I worked for could disappear in an instant?” Toadsworth shakes his head, and explains, “We would have been prepared. We had already decided who would have taken power if the princess ran off again.” “…I figured as much… But how could I not be afraid…” Toadette laughs, and continues, “When I saw Mario crawling through the field that day, something else came over me… The situation was perfect… I could make sure he never did anything to the toads again, and I could get revenge for their suffering. Not only that, but one of the royals in the castle would surely be blamed for it… If I had known Luigi was up there, maybe I wouldn’t have done it…” The rage disappears from Toadette’s face, leaving her leaning on the witness stand, tears streaming from her face. “But look at me now… I tried to get him declared guilty to save my own skin… What kind of charity director am I? I’m not fit to help these toads, Luigi is!” Toadette collapses into the flower basket again, before continuing, “Please, just get Luigi out of that cell, and put me in instead. I don’t want to see myself get any more horrible…” Toadsworth merely bangs his gavel, and the toad guards come to take Toadette away. Vesti simply sighs as she is taken away. In response, Lauren turns to him and mumbles, “…Honestly, I’m glad we don’t have to make the arrest this time.”

After a short recess, Toadsworth slams down his gavel to mark that court is back in session. Luigi has now taken his place at the witness bench, with everyone else in their normal spots. Toadsworth explains, “I suppose it is time we bring this trial to a close.” Luigi mumbles, “…I can’t believe this. I never expected that Toadette would have been able to do something like this!” Lauren replies, “We are were surprised, I’m sure… But at the heart of it, Toadette always wanted to do the right thing. Unfortunately, she went too far in trying to do the right thing. This isn’t the first case I’ve seen of that, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.” Vesti continues, “The best thing you all can do for her is try to make things better for the toads, through more, well, legal methods.” Luigi shouts, “E- Exactly! That’s why… That’s why I’m going to become kind of the Mushroom Kingdom, and then I’m gonna fix things.” Toadsworth calmly replies, “Err… Sorry, but we’ve already chosen who will succeed Princess Peach, and it isn’t going to be you, I’m afraid.” Wario responds, “I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it should be me.” Toadsworth continues, “Wario, please refrain from frightening the courtroom… Anyway, our kingdom’s political state is not the subject of this trial. The subject of this state is the matter of Luigi’s guilt. So, for the charge of first degree murder, I find the defendant, Luigi…”

NOT GUILTY

The courtroom is filled with cheers from the gallery. Luigi, who appears to be tearing up, removes his green hat and uses it to wipe his eyes. Vesti turns to Lauren and holds his hand up, and she eventually smiles and returns the high-five. Wario simply stands at the prosecutor’s bench and picks his nose, apparently not caring for the mood of the event. Finally, Toadworth silences the gallery by swinging his gavel a few times and then shouts, “Court is adjourned.”

Date: ??? Time: ??? Location: Courtroom Lobby No. 2

As Vesti and Lauren exit the courtroom, they are interrupted by the voice of Captain Toad, who shouts, “Good job, you two! I knew you could help Luigi!” The two of them turn to see Captain Toad walking over from the other side of the lobby. Lauren asks, “Sorry for asking, Captain Toad, but… aren’t you upset about Toadette?” The detective looks to the ground sadly, and replies, “Yeah… But I figured you would feel worse about it than I would… I figured you could use some kind of compliment!” Vesti replied, “Well, thanks anyway, Captain Toad. It honestly does mean a lot to me.” Suddenly, Luigi emerged from the doors behind Vesti and Lauren. When he sees the two of them, he runs up to them and exclaims, “I can’t thank you two enough for what you’ve done! Not only did you help me have confidence during the trial, but you saved me from getting the guilty verdict!” Vesti smiles, and replies, “You’re welcome, Luigi! But don’t worry about it! I was just doing my job - finding the truth!” Luigi continues, “And now… I’m going to set out to finish what Toadette started… My new charity is going to more money for the toads than ever before! …In fact, excuse me for asking, but would you mind donating some money…” Lauren replies, “Unfortunately, I don’t think any of the money we have will be worth anything in this kingdom… In fact, it probably isn’t worth anything anywhere in this whole dimension.” Captain Toad exclaims, “Don’t worry, Luigi! I have some spare money I can give you! And I’ll do whatever I can for the toads as well. …Once I’ve finished dealing with the paperwork for this case, that is…” Without another word, Captain Toad hands Luigi some coins, before bidding the group goodbye and running out of the courthouse. Luigi puts the coins in a small pouch, and looks like he’s about to say something, but then he unexpectedly vanishes.

Or, more accurately, the entire courthouse vanishes, and Vesti and Lauren find themselves standing on the grassy knoll they found themselves in when they first arrived in the Mushroom Kingdom. Vesti asks, “…What just happened?” Lauren calmly answers, “I’d wager our time in this world is up, now that we got Luigi his verdict…” Suddenly, the bespectacled man with the ridiculous Saturn-like hair appears before the two detectives, clapping. He shouts, “Congratulations, everyone! Wasn’t that just a whole lot of fun? Maybe it was for you guys, but I’ve been staring at this nonsense for about five hours now and my eyes are getting tired. So, the case is over, get out of here.” Chronos Krate pulls out his weird orange portal gun thing and shoots between the detectives. A swirling, orange portal appears behind them, and Lauren is immediately pulled into it. Vesti is pulled halfway into it before he pauses in mid-air. This gives Chronos Krate walk over, glare straight into Vesti eyes, and say, “Also, give me my cane back, you jerk.” He somehow pulls the cane out from wherever Vesti was storing it, and then uses to push Vesti back through the portal.

Eventually, the two finally re-emerge in the car parking tower they were in after solving the murder at the police station. Vesti and Lauren briefly look around, noticing that it is the exact same time it was when they first went through the portal. Vesti sighs, and exclaims, “Well, that was completely ridiculous.” Lauren laughs, and replies, “Let’s just go home and pretend that this never happened.” Vesti responds, “Sound good to me.” Then, they both walk off to their cars, so they can finally leave the parking lot.

The Super Turnabout: END

{{Well, that’s all for Vesti’s second case. I’m not sure when I will begin Case Three, but the wait will probably be a little longer than the one between Case One and Case Two. I’ve still got to do some planning for that case, and I’m also going to try and rewrite the first post soon, since it’s pretty outdated. I’m also hoping to make sure a few people on the other forum are caught up, so they can join for the next one. Finally, I have stuff to work on for the next case. Until then, feel free ask questions or express your thoughts on the case or something I don’t know. At least try to post something, however dumb it may be, so I don’t have to double post because double posting is secretly my biggest fear or something okay bye}}

Sleeping is my life.

Aww, we never got to get Luigi's autograph... Of course, people would be asking us how we actually met the REAL Luigi and where they can meet him.

Gettin' Old!

Curse Chronos for taking my one sweet souvenir.

Mutter about how I didn't even get to try a Super Mushroom and grow giant.

Sullenly kick a discarded coke can and sulk home.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Happily walk back knowing we did something good.

Gettin' Old!

Seek medical help for my wild mood swings and disorganised thoughts.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Accidentally murder my therapist in a fit of rage

ASCEND

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:

WOW GUYS, STOP SPOILING CASE 5 I MEAN REALLY HAVE YOU NO MANNERS

Also, the next case takes place about three months after that last one, so I'm basically going to ignore all of these actions rip

Sleeping is my life.

Also, don't make the first person we meet in the case the real killer. It could get really lame really quickly.

The first person we met in Case 1 was Detective Magnifi Glass. And guess what? He's the real killer of Case 1.

The first person we met in Case 2 was Toadette. And she was revealed to be the killer of that case as well.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the first person we meet in Case 3 is actually the real killer.

Happy Maria

Planetbox wrote:
Southern Corn (SC) wrote:

WOW GUYS, STOP SPOILING CASE 5 I MEAN REALLY HAVE YOU NO MANNERS

Also, the next case takes place about three months after that last one, so I'm basically going to ignore all of these actions rip

'Accidentally' kill Planetbox in a fit of rage

how could youuuu

ASCEND

Technically if it's in a fit of rage it's not accidental, because that would be considered second-degree mur *shot*

I finally updated the first post because a lot of the information in it was outdated and incorrect. I also added a spoilerbox with links to the first post of each case in it, because why not. Finally, I changed the name of the first case to "The Crooked Turnabout" because the old name was outdated and didn't make any sense.

That's probably the last you'll hear of me until the next case starts okay cool bye

ASCEND

Alright, it’s time for this case to finally begin. To be honest, I’m not quite finished with planning, but I’ve done enough that I can at least get things started. Besides, I just want to finally get an update out there, to make it clear that I haven’t exploded or anything. So, without further ado, let’s begin!

Spoiler: Case 3: Turnabout Flatline - Case File
Evidence:
Police Badge
My trusty police badge! It symbolizes my role as a warrior for justice!

Heart Monitor
Cammy's Heart Monitor was reading a flatline when Dustin arrived. The sound was just barely loud enough for him to hear from the hallway.

IV Bag
The needle was knocked out of the victim's body, probably around the time of the murder. About 30 to 35 minutes worth of liquid had drained from the bag since it was refilled at 12:00 PM.

Cammy's Body Notes
The victim is lying on the bed with a stab wound in her chest. There are also two slash wounds on her right leg. She had apparently been comatose for five years after an earlier incident.

State of Bedsheets
Most of the top half of the bedsheets have fallen off the right side of the bed. There are tears and bloodstains right on top of the victim's leg wounds, and a large bloodstain from the wound in her chest that has been pulled closer to the bed's edge.

Janitorial Cart
A cart consisting of a bucket of mop water along with various janitorial supplies. There are three blue screwdrivers in the basket, and two brooms and a mop strapped to the back. Apparently, the cart’s wheels tend to squeak.

Door Lock
The door was locked when I arrived at the crime scene, but unlocked when Dustin found the body. Dustin apparently locked it before he left.

Window and Hospital Sign
The window is right next to Cammy's bed. It can be opened with a latch, but the hospital’s sign is right in front. The scaffolding supporting the sign and a maintenence ladder can be seen through the window.

Wooden Stool
A wooden stool next to Cammy's hospital bed. Cammy's husband frequently used it when visiting her. It is now leaning against the hospital bed, it's legs resting agains the opposite wall. It was likely knocked down at some point.

Blue Screwdriver
A blue flathead screwdriver, found in Dustin's janitorial cart. The tip is covered in the victim's blood, and the handle is covered in Dustin's fingerprints. It could be the murder weapon.

Spare Screwdrivers
A basket in the storage closet containing several blue screwdrivers of various types.

Hospital Key Rings
There are a few key rings that contain keys that would collectively unlock every door in the building. Notable people who received one are the hospital's director, Argenta, and Dustin. However, Dustin's key ring was seemingly stolen, so he now uses an identical copy.

Security Footage
Outside the crime scene, Sammy and Argenta are seen entering at 12. They both leave a little later. Argenta returns at 12:25, and leaves after about seven minutes. Dustin enters at 12:45, leaves near immediately, and then him, Argenta, and I arrive at 12:50. In the lobby, Argenta and I can be clearly seen speaking from 12:40 to 12:50, when Dustin charges in and we all leave. No one else that Dustin recognizes is ever in the lobby.

Stolen Janitor's Cart
Dustin's janitor cart was moved into the hallway by some policemen to accomodate the autopsy. When no one was looking, an unidentified person in hospital scrubs made off with it. This is coming off of someone's salary...

Room Ransacking
Aura’s room was ransacked at some point on the day of the murder. The desk and filing cabinets were rifled through, but there were no signs of the door being tampered with. Aura thinks the event occured while she was performing a surgery shortly after the body was discovered.

Gold Plaque
A golden plaque in Aura’s office. On it is printed, “‘Being a doctor means doing everything you can to protect people, even complete strangers.’ --Phil S. Gold, 1951-1988.” Apparently this is a quote from Aura's father.

Window and Gutter
The window in Aura's office can be opened from the inside. A gutter outside extends from the roof to a drain embedded in some marshy ground outside. The ground is devoid of footprints or other marks.

Cammy's Injury
Five years ago, a blackout occurred in one section of the Gold Clinic, which led to the deaths of four patients. Within a few hours, Cammy Tose was found lying on the pavement outside the building, barely alive. A suicide note was found in her office, which said Cammy was unable to cope with her guilt for causing the incident. She was immediately taken to the hospital room, where she has been in a coma ever since.

Gold Photo
A photo of Argenta and Aura Gold in Argenta’s office. Argenta is sitting at her desk, which is against the left wall. A flowerbox containing red and yellow flowers can be seen through the window. Argenta’s hair is black in the picture, as she had apparently had it dyed for a few months.

My Testimony
I was in the lobby with Argenta from 12:40 until I arrived at the crime scene.

Hospital Scrubs
Some white scrubs have been thrown haphazardly onto a chair in Argenta’s office. Apparently they’re for emergencies, and every doctor with surgical experience has them in their office.

Tose Photo
A photo of Cammy and Sammy Tose, taken in Cammy’s old office. They are standing in front of the window. The desk is pushed against the left wall and the window is open, revealing the view outside and a flower box containing red and yellow flowers.

Sammy's Phone
Some kind of liquid was poured on Sammy’s phone, freezing the display. The time on the phone reads 12:04 PM.

Syringe
A syringe found shoved under the pillow on Cammy's bed. Matches the kind usually found at the hospital.

Autopsy Report
Victim: Cammy Tose. (Age 34)
Cause of Death: Single stab wound to chest. Weapon unknown.
Time of Death: Approximately 12:30.
Other Notes:
One slash wound is present on each of the victim’s legs. Both were dealt shortly after death.
A small needle wound is present on the victim’s arm.
Toxicology revealed some kind of anesthetic in the victim’s bloodstream.

Second Room Ransacking
At some point after I investigated it, someone searched Argenta's desk and filing cabinet. The door has not been tampered with.

Chair Repositioning
Argenta’s visitor chair was placed in front of her door. We had to push it out of the way when we entered.

Sammy's Notes
Testimonies regarding the day of the blackout. Collected by Sammy Tose.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1417578#p1417578

CT-3 Case File
A file containing information about the blackout and Cammy's injury five years ago. The case was labelled as a suicide and closed. According to the injury report, Cammy's injuries are consistent with a fall of over three stories. No other injuries were detected, but there's no guarantee that the less comprehensive injury report would have found them. None of the patients who were killed during the blackout have recognizable names. The suicide note was completely typed and could have been faked using a computer.

Scalpel
Found in the mopwater of Dustin's janitorial cart after its rediscovery. Cammy’s blood covers the blade, but stops and forms a surprisingly uniform line about a quarter of the way down the handle, as if something stopped the blood splatter.

Profiles:
Vesti Gates
That would be me! I’m a homicide detective, as my name would suggest.

Lauren Tehra
A skilled forensic investigator and my closest friend. Currently investigating the murder, as that was more important.

Chronos Krate
Some guy who teleported me to another dimension a few months ago. Hopefully I’ll never see him again.

Argenta Gold
An extremely enthusiastic doctor at Gold Clinic, and the director's sister. Was with me when the body was discovered.

Dustin Panne
A janitor I'm familiar with who has apparently held many different jobs. Discovered the body.

Cammy Tose
A comatose patient at the hospital and the victim in this case. Died in her hospital bed from several stab wounds with an unknown weapon.

Percy Graham
A prosecutor investigating Cammy's murder. Though constantly distracted by video games, he appears to be quite vigilant in his pursuit of justice.

Lita Gates
My sister, and a somewhat overenthusiastic defense attorney. I have no idea why she's here.

Aura Gold
The director of Gold Clinic and Argenta's sister. She inherited the clinic from her father, and seems to care deeply for the well-being of her patients. Carries a clipboard to organize her thoughts.

Sammy Tose
Cammy's husband. He visited his wife in the hospital everyday, and did so on the day of the murder as well.

Ann Istheesa
The station's coroner, who drove to the hospital to perform the autopsy. She has just as much job-satisfaction as ever.

Also some guy I know named Dimitri drew this image of Chronos Krate. I thought it was pretty cool and deserved a place in the CYOA somewhere, so here it is.
Spoiler: Chronos Krate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Daddy? Can you tell me more about your job? For school?”

“I’m a doctor, remember? When people are sick or hurt, they come to me, and I help them get better.”

An old man walks down a hallway, pushing a small cart in front of him. The loud squeaking noise coming from the cart’s wheels annoys him quite a bit, but he merely tries to ignore it until he has time to fix it later. None of the people in the rooms connected to this hallway can hear the noise anyway, and even if they could, there was nothing they could do about it.

“Yeah, I know that. But the teacher told me to write about what your job MEANS to you… Whatever, that means…”

“Oh, I see… That sounds like a tough question. Just let me think about it, and we’ll try to figure out something, okay?

The old man stops the cart, finally quieting the noise, at least for a moment. He quickly retrieves his mop from the cart, and starts using it to clean the hallway, as he has done quite often before. Unfortunately, with the squeaking of the wheel gone, the man is finally able to hear another faint sound. This new sound is one the man recognizes all too well, and it fills him with dread.

“Okay… I think being a doctor is about protecting people. Do you know what ‘protect’ means? It’s when you take care of someone, and keep them safe. It’s like how I take care of you, y’know? So, I guess you could say I’m like a parent for everyone… When people need help, I take care of them, and once they feel better I send them on their way.”

The man quickly determines that the noise is coming from the room right next to him. He wastes no time in opening the door and walking inside, taking his cart with him. Thanks to the long piercing sound coming from inside, he knows that there’s a heart monitor inside that’s reached zero. However, the scene inside is still even more gruesome than he expected.

“But what if they don’t get better… L- Like, Mommy?”

“W- Well… Sometimes things like that happen… But what’s important is that we do our best… I can’t save everyone, but at least I can care for them and make them feel better… Yeah, that’s what my job means to me. It means doing everything I can to protect people, even complete strangers. …No matter what happens, I can be content knowing I did everything I could.”

The white, clean walls of the hospital room look kind and welcoming, but the same can’t be said for the single hospital bed in the corner. The stand holding the patient’s IV fluid has fallen against the wall, and a few other items have seemingly been taken down along with it. The bed sheets, usually placed on the bed in an orderly fashion, now appear to be lying in a heap on the floor. But the old man doesn’t notice that. All he sees is the patient lying in her bed, in a deeper sleep than usual. Her long black hair spreads out in all directions across the bed, and the sheets are soaked red with blood.

This horrific scene in front of him, the man merely sighs and mumbles, “Not again…”

Case 3: Turnabout Flatline

Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2016. Time: 12:40 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Lobby.

“Goodbye, Mr. Gates! Thanks for all your help! Be sure to drop by the stadium again!”

“You can be sure of that! Good luck, and farewell!”

The bespectacled man smiles and waves one last time, before turning and walking triumphantly through the automatic doors of the hospital and towards a cheap, silvery-gray car near the front of the parking lot. This leaves Vesti Gates standing in the hospital lobby, not entirely sure what to do next. But, before he can decide, he is interrupted by a female voice from behind him.

“Hello! Are you going to be a patient here?”

Vesti turns, and sees a young woman behind him, probably in her thirties, and wearing a white lab coat. It’s clear to Vesti that she’s some kind of doctor, especially considering the blue gloves she’s wearing and the ridiculously colorful stethoscope around her neck. The rest of her outfit matches her silver hair, which has been hastily formed into a long, curly ponytail using a gauze bandage. Talking quickly, the woman continues, “Well? Are you sick? Do you have any broken bones? Do you need any shots?!”

“Wh- what? No! I’m perfectly fine, thank you!” Vesti replies, “I’m Vesti Gates, a homicide detective! I was just here visiting a patient! Well… ex-patient, I guess.” The girl replies, “Oh, that’s a shame… WAIT, I mean that’s good! C- Cause that means there’s nothing wrong wi- Okay, let me start over! My name’s Argenta Gold. I work here, at the clinic.” She crosses her arms, looks down in thought, and continues, “…In fact, I think I helped treat that guy who just left… I can’t remember his name, but wasn’t he involved in some kind of car accident?” Vesti replies, “Yeah… He was involved in one of my cases, so I visited him occasionally. He asked me to drive his car to the clinic on the day he recovered, which I did earlier today… Unfortunately, I didn’t really think it through, so now MY car is back at the car park, and I’m all the way across town… Basically, I’m not really sure what I’m doing here…” Argenta laughs, prompting Vesti to ask, “Wait, I thought you were a doctor. Shouldn’t you be, y’know, doing doctor things right now?” Argenta smiles, and responds, “Oh, I’m on my lunch break right now, so I’m not supposed to do any more “doctor things” until about 1:00. I like to finish my lunch quickly and then go talk to potential patients in the lobby… Of course, the lobby is looking pretty barren right now, so I guess you’ll have to do!”

(Well, I guess I might as well talk to her for now, at least until 1:00. It’d be pretty rude to just leave. Maybe then I can ask Lauren to pick me up, or something.)

Hospital Lobby
Examine:
I don’t need to investigate anything…
Talk:
Argenta Gold
Gold Clinic
Move:
There’s really no reason to leave right now…
Present:
To Argenta Gold
What will you do?

Prestige: 100%

Last edited by Planetbox on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:20 am, edited 28 times in total.

Let's get the obvious out of the way:

Present: Police Badge.
Signature loading, please wait...

Sleeping is my life.

Talk about the Gold Clinic!

Happy Maria

Ask her about herself,and then ask her....what her favourite colour is.

Also lol made you double post

And you should probably update the title now

Gettin' Old!

We made her laugh with our quirkiness! That's a shoe-in for a date!

Ask Argenta out for a coffee right now!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Now that it's a new case, I feel like I can join in too!

Ask about her name if you aren't already going to. Sounds like she's important to the clinic in some way.

ASCEND

Southern Corn wrote:
And you should probably update the title now

Ah, thanks. I completely forgot about that.

Spoiler: And so it begins…
Dimitri wrote:
Ask Argenta about her name, and what she thinks about your name as well. After all, you pun-named folk always have the time to compare stories!

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Also show her your police badge and ask her what her favorite color is.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
I was 100% sure I posted yestersay, but it seems the actions of asking for favorite color and presenting the Police badge I suggested were already accounted for. So, instead, I'll just make the third action I suggested.

Vesti: Tell Argent all about your adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Treble Tech wrote:
Ask Argenta what conditions are treated at the clinic.

Present: Police Badge

Vesti decides to show Argenta his police badge, as that is what he often does when he meets new people. So, he pulls out the badge, and exclaims, “Look, it’s my police badge! See, it proves that I’m a detective!” Argenta replies, “Yeah, you told me that earlier… So I kind of assumed you would have a police badge.” Vesti replies, “But you hadn’t seen it yet! The only details you knew were those you could imagine… And the beautiful luster of my police badge is something that no one could ever imagine!” What follows is a short, awkward silence before Argenta replies, “That… was strangely poetic.” Vesti replies, “Yeah, I’m known to get rather poetic when talking about my police badge.”

Talk: Favorite Color

“So, Argenta, what’s your favorite color?!” Argenta responds, “Well, I suppose I don’t really have one… In my opinion, you can’t have only color… That’s just too boring. I prefer the combination of a whole BUNCH of colors. That’s more exciting!” Vesti asks, “Oh, is that why your stethoscope looks like that?” “Well, yeah,” she replies, “Also, it helps with testing color blind patients. …On the other hand, this hospital doesn’t treat color blindness. But I still live for the day that one will show up, and then all the other doctors will wish THEY had colorful stethoscopes too!” After it looks like Argenta is finally finished talking, Vesti mumbles, “Uh… Yeah… Good luck with that!”

Talk: Gold Clinic

Vesti asks, “So… what’s up with this clinic? Like, what kind of stuff do you treat?” Argenta replies, “Well… A lot of things really. We do surgery, for one thing. We also have an intensive care ward, and we diagnose diseases. I think there’s also an urgent care facility somewhere in here, but I think it’s in a separate building or something, so I have no idea where it is… So, yeah, we just do normal hospital things. Oh! And we sell coffee!” “Ah, okay… That’s about what I expected… Besides the coffee part,” Vesti replies, “So, I’ve been wondering. You said your last name was ‘Gold’, right? Does that mean you have some kind of relation to this clinic?” Argenta responds, “What? Oh, yeah, yeah… I’m just a regular doctor here, actually. My SISTER is the important one. She’s the director of the entire hospital! Oh, and my father founded the clinic!” Vesti mumbles, “Hmm… He must’ve had a weird sense of humor…” Argenta suddenly shouts, “What’s THAT supposed to mean?!” “Well,” Vesti explains, “Your first name… is kinda similar to another precious metal…” Argenta dramatically crosses her arms, and replies, “I have no idea what you’re talking about! My name is perfectly normal, just like yours!” (Why am I the only one who ever notices these things?)

“Hey, Argenta… How about you and I go and get some coff-” Before Vesti can finish whatever he was about to say, he is interrupted by a loud shout coming from the short hallway right next to the hospital’s front desk. An elevator sits at the end of this hallway, and it's out of this elevator that this mysterious shouting person comes running. He has short, grey hair and is wearing a dirty looking custodial uniform. He is also running surprisingly fast for someone who looks to be in his late sixties. Once he reaches the actual lobby, he suddenly stops moving, and stares in shock at Vesti. After a few moments of even more awkward silence, the man shouts, “…Mr. Gates? Is that you?!” After a moment, a flash of recognition crosses Vesti’s face, and he replies, “D- Dustin Panne?! What are you doing here?!” The old man, named Dustin, replies, “N- Never mind that! Vesti, you have to come with me! There’s been a murder!” Vesti shouts, “WHAT?!” Without hesitating, Vesti runs after Dustin, who starts leading him back into the elevator. After a few seconds, Argenta decides to follow them. Once they’ve all made it into the elevator, Dustin presses the button marked “4”. The elevator ascends at an agonizingly slow pace. No one says anything, as everyone is focused on other things.

Finally, the elevator doors opens on the 4th floor. Dustin starts running immediately, and has already turned into a hallway on the right by the time Vesti and Argenta leave the elevator. After the three of them run down a few more hallways, and past several very confused doctors and patients, Dustin stops at a closed door on the right side of the hallway. He pulls out a keychain, unlocks the door, and opens it. Vesti and Argenta follow him in.

Vesti finds himself standing in a hospital room, with a door to what is most likely some kind of closet to his right, and the opening to the rest of the room in front of him. He steps forward into the hospital room, and immediately sees the body. Of course, deaths by natural causes aren’t entirely rare in a hospital. However, most “natural causes” don’t include blood soaking through one’s hospital gown and gashes in one’s legs. It was clear that the woman, lying in the hospital with her long dark hair spread around her head like rays from a star, was murdered. The other thing that immediately catches Vesti’s attention is the heart monitor attached to the victim, which has been making a loud sound to signify the patient’s flatline since he arrived. Behind Vesti, Argenta gasps at the sight. Vesti turns around and asks, “Argenta, do you know who the victim is?” She slowly replies, “Y- Yeah… Sh- She is… was… a comatose patient at the hospital… Her name was… Cammy Tose…” Vesti walks back into the room, turns, and shouts, “You two wait out in the hallway. I’ll interview you later, but right now, I have to secure this crime scene until the police arrive!” Dustin and Argenta hurry out of the room. Once they’re gone, Vesti pulls out his phone, dials one of his contacts, and holds the phone up to his ear. From the other line, a familiar voice says, “Hey, Vesti. What’s up?” Vesti explains, “Get everyone down to the Gold Clinic. …We have a new case.”

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 1:20 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Cammy’s Hospital Room.

Vesti, not wanting to investigate until the rest of the police arrive, simply watches the entrance for what feels like a lot less time than it actually is. Eventually, he hears the sound of police sirens from outside the window, just barely audible above the heart monitor right next to him. Just a few minutes later, Lauren Tehra appears at the entrance of the crime scene. She smiles, and says, “Hey, Vesti. Are you trying to get a head start on me this time?” Vesti replies, “Oh, hello, Lauren. I’m glad to see you’re here. And no, I didn’t touch anything until you showed up.” “Ah, that’s good to hear,” Lauren replies as she walks into the crime scene, putting on gloves. Once she sees the body, she asks, “So, what do we have here?” Vesti explains, “The victim is Cammy Tose, a patient at this clinic who was in a coma. I haven’t checked the body yet, so I’m not sure how she died.” Lauren mumbles, “Hmm… Interesting… Why would one kill someone who was already comatose?” Vesti replies, “I guess that’s what we need to find out!”

A few policemen enter the room behind Lauren, and one of them begins putting up police tape in the doorway. Before he can finish, Vesti shouts, “Wait! Dustin, Argenta, come back into the room… but try to stay next to that closet!” Hearing this, Dustin Panne and Argenta Gold duck under the single strand of police tape and walk in. Argenta replies, “Don’t worry about that, I’m not really interested in going any farther than this.” Dustin mumbles, “Hmm… How quaint life is sometimes… I see you again after three months and now I’m wrapped up in another murder investigation.” Vesti replies, “Those are kind of unfortunate circumstances, I suppose.” “Alright, Vesti,” Lauren exclaims, “If those are all the people who are gonna suddenly come walking in through those doors, then let’s start the investigation.” “Agreed!”

Investigation: Cammy’s Hospital Room
Examine:
Hospital Bed, Window, Stool, Sink, Heart Monitor, IV Stand, Closet, Janitorial Cart, Door.
Talk:
Argenta Gold
Cammy Tose
Dustin Panne
Body Discovery
Gold Clinic
Move:
I should finish this investigation before I leave…
Present:
To Argenta Gold
To Dustin Panne
What will you do?

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434

{{For you people over here who are wondering who the heck this “Dustin Panne” guy is and why Vesti and him know each other, allow me to explain. Basically, The Crooked Turnabout wasn’t Vesti’s first case. I did a single case before that on a different forum, in a completely unrelated CYOA, sort of as a test run for this idea. It was embarrassingly bad and only partially canon, but that’s what Dustin originates from. He debuted in that case as the janitor in a stadium, and is returning for this one. However, that case has no real impact on this one, so you only need to know three things about Dustin. 1. He’s a janitor. 2. He would often mention a bunch of other jobs he had before he became a janitor. 3. The killer in that case tried to frame him for murder, but Vesti saved him. That’s all you need to know to understand this case.}}

Gettin' Old!

Goddamn Murder always getting in the way of romantic opportunities.
Here's my actions:
1) Make a note to ask Argenta out for coffee once this is all over.
2) Solve the case in a really bold and daring fashion to impress Argenta.
3) Boldly speculate internally that Argenta's sister killed Cammy.
4) Present Police Badge to Dustin
5) Examine hospital bed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Cammy Tose? Really?

Ask Gold about her because that name sounds dumb.

Investigate the IV stand as well

Shy guy

Ask Dustin Panne about the Janitorial Cart, and inspect it.

ASCEND

Southern Corn wrote:
Cammy Tose? Really?

Ask Gold about her because that name sounds dumb.

Ur name sounds dumb. #REKT

Spoiler: what am I doing
Sable-Xeno wrote:
Present your police badge to Cammy Tose, and ask her what her favorite color is.

Okay, okay. Ask Lauren how her day was today.

Treble Tech wrote:
Talk to Argenta about Cammy Tose, when she arrived, if she was already comatose, etc. Also examine the hospital bed for any kind of record of treatment or attending doctors. Hospitals usually keep things like that, maybe on a clipboard at the end of the bed.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Talk to Dustin about the body and clinic. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't he working somewhere else the first time we met him?
... I'm probably wrong.

Also check out the window, stool, cart, IV stand, and door.

Talk: Argenta Gold: Cammy Tose

Before he investigates the room, Vesti decides to talk to the witnesses to get more information about the crime. First, he walks to the area near the closet and asks Argenta, “So, you knew the victim, right? Can you tell me more about her?” “Well…” Argenta slowly replies, “She’s been in a coma for about five years… but I actually knew her before then.” “Really?” Vesti replies, “How?” Argenta explains, “She was actually working at this hospital around the same time I was. We were both hired within a month of each other, so we were kind of rookies. We talked to each other a lot during training, but after that I didn’t see her much. From what I heard she was a pretty good doctor… I can’t see why anyone would have murdered her…” Vesti continues, “Do you have any idea how she ended up in a coma?” Argenta sighs, and answers, “Sorry, Vesti, but I don’t know much about that. That was a long time ago, and I never learned all the details… However, I do know she received a really bad injury at this hospital… I couldn’t tell you anything else with certainty, though.” Vesti reflects, (She was injured at this hospital? Could that incident be related to this murder? I don’t have any evidence to suggest that yet, but it couldn’t hurt to ask around for more details.) “Thanks, Argenta,” Vesti responds, “That information will help a lot!” Argenta replies, “Oh, you’re welcome. If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to ask!”

Present: Dustin Panne: Police Badge

Vesti turns to the janitor who had been standing in the room next to Argenta, silently listening to the conversation. He pulls his police badge out of his pocket and shows it to Dustin, shouting, “Hey, Dustin, check out my police badge!” Dustin laughs, and wistfully comments, “Ah, that takes me back… Y’know, I was on the police force when I was thirty… Those were some of the most exciting times of my life… Nowadays, I couldn’t handle anything like that, which is why I’m a janitor, I guess…” Vesti shakes his head, and replies, “That’s great and all, but you already told me that the last time I showed you this thing!” “Hmm… I suppose I did… My memory can be so hazy nowadays…” Dustin responds, “Well, did you know that I used to be an actor? I think it was in second grade. The teacher said I played the best Tree #3 they’d had in years!” Vesti mumbles, “Alright, let’s move on to something more important, please.”

Talk: Dustin Panne: Body Discovery

Vesti asks, “So, how did you discover the body?” Dustin looks towards the ceiling in contemplation, and explains, “Well, I was making my rounds about the hospital, cleaning the floors, when I made it to the hall for comatose patients, which is where we are now. I started mopping the floors, like usual, but I stopped when I heard that heart monitor over there ringing. The moment I heard it, I knew it was a flatline… Speaking of which, why is that thing still on?” Vesti replies, “Oh… We, uh, wanted to preserve the crime scene.” Dustin mumbles, “We all know the blasted thing was on! Can’t you turn it off already? My eardrums can only take so much of this.” “I would… but I have no idea how to turn that thing off…” Argenta shouts, “Leave it to me!” and walks over to the heart monitor, clearly trying to avoid looking at the victim. A few seconds later, the sound of the flatline finally stops, and Dustin lets out a sigh of relief. Vesti asks, “Anyway, what did you do next?” Dustin continues, “Well, the door was unlocked, so I opened it and walked inside, taking the janitorial cart with me. I was hoping I could save whoever was inside somehow… but when I saw all that blood, I knew it was useless… So, I left the cart in the room and ran to the lobby to get help. …I think this all happened around 12:45.” Vesti replies, “Hmm… That sounds like a fairly standard body discovery… Still, thanks for the information.” {{Heart Monitor added to Evidence}}

Talk: Dustin Panne: Gold Clinic

Vesti asked, “By the way, what are you even doing here, Dustin? Last time I saw you, you were working at a stadium.” Dustin explains, “Well, I just didn’t really feel like working at that stadium anymore. I wanted a change of pace, so I decided to become a janitor somewhere else. When I saw that this hospital needed an extra member of its cleaning staff, I applied. The director hired me pretty quickly. That might have been because I used to work as a doctor here a few years ago, before I quit to become a janitor.” “You too?” Vesti exclaims, “First the victim, and now you! Who here HASN’T been a doctor in this clinic?” Lauren Tehra, busily jotting down information, in her notepad, shouts, “I haven’t, in case you were wondering.” Vesti crosses his arms, and mumbles, “Honestly, Lauren, I wouldn’t be surprised if you had.”

Examine: Hospital Bed

Finally ready to start examining the crime scene, Vesti walks over to perhaps the most important item in the room: the hospital bed the victim is lying on. Lauren follows him to where the victim lies. Cammy Tose is lying on the hospital bed in some kind of hospital gown. The bedsheets that were lying on top of her seem to have partly collapsed off the right side of the bed. Blood is soaking into the gown from a wound in her chest, and there appear to be two slash marks on her legs, one on each side. Her eyes are closed, so it looks like she’s merely sleeping. Lauren remarks, “Apparently, this was the victim’s own hospital bed.” Vesti replies, “Really? I just assumed she sleepwalked into another patient’s bed before she was murdered.” Ignoring him, Lauren takes a closer look at the body. After examining Cammy’s wounds for a few moments, she says, “This wound on the victim’s chest looks like a stab wound. It looks like the slash wounds on her legs were dealt with a similar weapon, but I can’t be certain of that until we get an autopsy report.” Vesti mumbles, “A stabbing… I suppose there’d be plenty of sharp objects in this hospital… but I don’t see any in this room.” Lauren replies, “The killer could have taken the weapon with him, or we just haven’t looked hard enough.” Vesti takes a closer look at the bedsheets. About half of them have fallen off, especially the top half, forming a huge pile at the bottom of the bed. It seems like the bedsheets were still on the bed during the murder, as whatever weapon was used left tears behind. The sheets over the victim’s legs have tears and bloodstains matching those wounds, and a larger bloodstain with a tear in the center lies farther up. However, this one lies closer to the edge of the bed, rather than on top of Cammy’s chest wound. Vesti exclaims, “Normally, I’d assume these sheets fell off during a struggle, but the victim was in a coma when she was murdered, so that doesn’t make much sense.” Lauren responds, “Indeed. Perhaps the killer knocked them off by accident during the murder, or they could have been removed for some other reason. However, I can’t imagine what that reason would be.” Vesti also checks the end of the bed for some kind of record of attending doctors, but doesn’t find one. {{Cammy’s Body Notes added to Evidence}} {{State of Bedsheets added to Evidence}}

Examine: IV Stand

Vesti looks to his right, and notices the IV stand resting diagonally against the wall of the closet. The IV needle itself was no longer attached to Cammy’s body. It instead lay on top of the bedsheets beside the bed. Vesti remarks, “I think it's safe to say that this IV stand was knocked over when these bedsheets fell off the bed… and they were both probably knocked over at the same time.” Lauren looks over to the IV stand, and asks, “Is the IV needle still in the victim’s body?” Vesti quickly replies, “No, it’s just lying on the floor here.” Lauren explains, “Interesting… I once heard about a murder case in a hospital like this one. Apparently, the police were able to pinpoint the time of death using the victim’s IV bag. The needle had been knocked out when the victim died, so the amount of IV liquid left in the bag could be used to calculate when the victim died more precisely than an autopsy could.” Vesti exclaims, “Wow, that’s actually a really good idea, Lauren! Good thinking! Let’s do that!” Vesti stares intently at the IV bag for about a few seconds, then mumbles, “…I have no idea how to read this…” Lauren replies, “Well, neither do I. We’ll need help from one of the doctors.” Vesti shouts, “Hey, Argenta! Can you help us with this IV thing?!” Argenta replies, “Yeah, sure!” She walks over to the IV bag, and after Lauren explains her idea, Argenta takes a moment to look at the measurements on the bag. She explains, “So… I refilled this bag at around 12:00… and by my calculations… it seems like about forty to forty-five minutes worth of liquid has drained from the bag.” Vesti mumbles, “That would be shortly before Dustin found the body, which seems reasonable. Thanks!” {{IV Bag added to Evidence}}

Investigation: Cammy’s Hospital Room
Examine:
Window, Stool, Sink, Heart Monitor, Closet, Janitorial Cart, Door.
Talk:
Argenta Gold
Cammy Tose
Dustin Panne
Body Discovery
Gold Clinic
Move:
I should finish this investigation before I leave…
Present:
To Argenta Gold
To Dustin Panne
What will you do?

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434

Shy guy

Oh, we didn't investigate that closet? We should totally investigate that closet.

Also, ask Argenta if it's possible to mess with the level of fluid in the IV bag. Like, injecting some or taking some out with a syringe, or something.

Gettin' Old!

Present PHD to prove that I also worked at this Hospital.

Then examine the Window and the view
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 9 of 22 [ 880 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus