Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 606 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

It depends on how much free time you have and what are your reading habits. If I have most of the day free, 2-3 days is enough for me to read 200 pages, I think. I've had this same teacher asking for things like 100 pages in one day - but in her defense, people who take her classes get into them knowing they will have to read like their lives depend on it.

It also depends on the kind of text you are reading. It is one thing for me to read something like fiction for fun/entertainment, and another thing to read an academic book. Both the content and the language are heavier IMO and sometimes I have to re-read some excerpts to make sure I've digested the information 100% (I generally highlight the parts I find more important for this specific reason).

Happy Maria

My tip is to read it as a story- the Greeks and Romans have very interesting histories.

Thelema, try reading legalese.
That's the 'toughest' I have encountered in terms of reading. Except for Pride and Prejudice, I found that... boring to read.

C-A

Happy Maria

Went out for a walk. Five rounds-new record!

@CatMuto It must be complex AF, but I think it is beautiful. The Latin expressions are neat. I believe it is like a language of its own. Makes your brain hurt in the beginning, but with persistence it becomes natural. I think somebody needs above average memory for detail and mental organization to be very good at it, though. You look like someone who could easily master it. lol

@Southern Corn Hell yes, I love to read about Ancient Greece and Rome. Ancient History in general. Middle Ages and Modern History are so boring compared to Classical Antiquity. A period of gold in the development of philosophy, arts, math, politics, architecture. Beautiful.

Thelema wrote:
@CatMuto It must be complex AF, but I think it is beautiful. The Latin expressions are neat. I believe it is like a language of its own. Makes your brain hurt in the beginning, but with persistence it becomes natural. I think somebody needs above average memory for detail and mental organization to be very good at it, though. You look like someone who could easily master it. lol

I've pretty much mastered it. Unfortunately, don't have much chance to practice or use it. If people had kept me on for my paralegal training, I would've actually been close to finishing already. :ron: But having a paralegal mom to begin with, I was exposed to legalese early on.

C-A

Happy Maria

Tomorrow shall be the day I am rid of my arch neremnisis. Batman :will: I'm that exited

Edit:UNO Round 8 finished. I won TEN ROUNDS (almost in a row) but he won four times and got more points so he won.

SOOO CLOSE TOO

Had the old zero victory,and some of mine were just glorious. We started round nine,but I haven't won yet

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Later today I'm going to the SSA office to get a new SS card because I somehow lost mine in the move... Later on I have to go to the DMV to renew my ID and then I'll be one step closer to getting my passport! <3 Which means I'll be closer to going to Canada for a month in July, hopefullyyyyy!
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Happy Maria

Good luck with that,eh?

Came back from work today. I think that's the worst of my troubles over with for now. Phewee

Thank goodness Kidd doesn't say 'eh'. I feel that it would get annoying after some time. :edgey:

Also... what's going on with the signatures? Every time I try to change it, I get this message.

Happy Maria

I've been getting that too. Don't know how we can make it determine the dimensions :(

Even when I just edit the text or links in my signature it says that for my current Dashie gif. Which I've had as a signature for a while now.

So I went out and saw John Wick 2 last night with my bro and sis. Afterwards we went to The Rock for dinner, and we joked about leaving me there to work for the bill. Then the incredibley cute waitress said that the position was open cuz their old dishwasher gave them a fake ssn. She even told me her and that I could put her down as a reference. Huh... Kinda awesome considering I was offered a job by a cute waitress at a place in the same parking lot as my current work. I'm seriously considering the offer and just working two jobs.

Hmm...

Happy Maria

Could you even be allowed to work both jobs simultaneously?

Gettin' Old!

Builderkid107 wrote:
So I went out and saw John Wick 2 last night with my bro and sis. Afterwards we went to The Rock for dinner, and we joked about leaving me there to work for the bill. Then the incredibley cute waitress said that the position was open cuz their old dishwasher gave them a fake ssn. She even told me her and that I could put her down as a reference. Huh... Kinda awesome considering I was offered a job by a cute waitress at a place in the same parking lot as my current work. I'm seriously considering the offer and just working two jobs.

Hmm...

Seems a fortuitous set of events to lead to that outcome haha.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

I won round nine of UNO! It was weird,because he didn't even tell me,then proceeded to play another round. Then he won the next round and then told me and left. Rather confusing

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Could you even be allowed to work both jobs simultaneously?

Uuuh, I think so? I was working two jobs a while ago before that place closed so it's probably fine. I think the only thing that's limited is the amount of hours I can work.

Happy Maria

Oh,okay.

Apparently I've been lied to my whole life.
Spoiler:
I always thought that the name for a seven sided polygon was a septagon, but apparently it's hectagon. From a nomenclature sense,I don't get it. If that's the case,why isn't September called Heptember?

Edit:Nevermind I got the prefixes confused

In Justice We Trust

"Heptagon," not "hectagon." As for why, it's because the name comes from Greek, not Latin. That's also why we have hexagons and pentagons instead of sexagons and quintagons, by the way.
I'll always love you, Max.

Happy Maria

Yup,that's why I said I got confused. I like 'sept' better myself because 7 also starts with an s.

About to go for an important assignment. Wish me luck!

Gettin' Old!

Good luck SoCo.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Haha,thanks. It went well btw. Very well in fact. Just as a joke I told everyone that 'I'd hopefully get through this' only to reveal that I did near perfectly.

Anyway,the next obstacle is going to be trickier,and involves a lot of work. G'bye for now.

I was sticky and wet in a very UNFUN way!
Not how you think. I went to McD and got myself food + a Frappé and a Shake for my mom. While waiting for the bus, I felt something trickling down my pants - but hey, condensation. Very common on the iced drinks. Turns out, Nope! Was my Frappé! The stupid thing had a cut on the side and the icyness of cold coffee and chocolate was dripping everywhere. I tried to mitigate it by wrapping a hankie around the bottom, but it just pooled and dripped more. (I'm sorry, Mr Busdriver! I honestly didn't know it was that bad.) Had to throw it away.
I still had the receipt with a feedback number.
They got my feedback. I was still polite.

C-A

Happy Maria

Yesterday made me use up my mental capacity entirely,which made me VERY agitated overall. It was tiring. Today was a bit better,and I've had quite a bit of fun.

Not much on my end.

Happy Maria

Went out to the park with a relative and played a fun game. We each chose what direction to go in turns,and we couldn't repeat pathways. I myself tried not to get to the exit at all but we got quite tired. It was incredibly fun,and probably burned more calories than a regular walk. We then went back home and had oranges with orange juice. Orange juice tastes sourer than oranges,can confirm.

Tomorrow will be extremely taxing for me. I'm quite worried.

Gettin' Old!

Haha defeated the Nakarkos in Monster Hunter Generations! Feeling pretty satisfied...even if I did it with a group of hunters.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Went on a walk with a relative today. Talked about some stuff. Saw our neighbour there. We played the game again except I was trying to get to the exit. It was really easy though because I was a good strategist and my opponent was not

Then while walking home the craziest thing happened. We saw some distant relatives in a vehicle and they offered us a ride. We went to a clothing store to get some stuff (which is rare from me because I never go there eugh) and then had a chat over some snacks. Nothing eventful happened otherwise but it was CRAZZZY

Man,less than three days till....then. Can't wait.

In Justice We Trust

I'm guessing you're just using Greek letters for fun, Corn. Some sort of automatic transliteration, I presume (such as setting your keyboard to Greek)? I can't think of any other reason why you'd have "Apse Attorney" as your title. I don't speak Greek, but I'm pretty sure the letter "ψ" isn't normally pronounced the same way as the "c" in "ace."
I'll always love you, Max.

Happy Maria

I looked it up,and it was Ace Attorney as the search results. So I thought,'Hmm,close enough.'

I'm not an expert on Greek,nor Havel I ever learnt it,but this is how I think they're pronounced:

Alpha- A
Beta- B
Gamma- G/J
Delta- D
Epsilon-The E in 'epsilon'
Zeta- Z
Eta- I think it's a mixture of H and E. I find this one pretty tricky
Theta- 'Th' sound
Iota- I
Kappa- K
Lambda-L
Mu- M
Nu- N
Xi- 'Xi' sound I think. Kinda like a mixture of x and z
Omicron- O
Pi- P
Rho- R (Which is weird because it looks like p)
Sigma- This is interesting. It makes an s sound,but it has two smaller versions. One for normal use (σ) and one for the end of a sentence (ς). Pretty cool
Tau- T
Upsilon- Y
Phi- F
Chi- X I think
Psi- Ps sound
Omega- U/ w / v sound

Lemme know if I got anything wrong. I dunno,it's all Greek to me

Funny story,I originally memorised all the Greek letters because of their frequent usage as variables in science and maths in high school,but ended up learning way too much about them. As in,it's kind of useless since knowing the letters in an alphabet doesn't mean you'll understand it. Oh well

Edit: Whoa some stuff happened

Finished my work

Went on the competition of walking. This time it was way fairer and it was pretty tricky getting to the exit. I tricked them into their own choosing to go to the exit,thus making them lose. Which is epic,because I was about to lose had it not been for that.

UNO round...10, I think. Mostly he's winning again. At least 200 I estimate. Still got a few very good wins though.

Huh that sounds grammatically incorrect but isn't

Anyway the methods by which I won was by using both +4s,a wild then a green five,then by using 4 reverses/ skip turns and a blue five. Pretty cool

Yesterday,both exits. I chose by side. Didn't know had to get to the end,used all three,I won using only one,the end

TFW you spent so much money on your ex for 6 years, but she cant even do you the favor of paying for once to send clothes back.

Damn your ex sounds like a bitch.

Dawny wrote:
Damn your ex sounds like a bitch.

That she does right now.

Happy Maria

Ever since I've got more free time,I've been reading like crazy. I've finished nine books so far,and I'm on my tenth.

Coworkers have been telling me that I've been losing weight. I am beyond happy right now. I even feel better. I cut out all junk food and I'm never tempted by any of it. I work at a supermarket and people buy junk food like nobody's business and I've been able to control myself from buying any junk. I'm actually really proud of myself.
I can't lie... my boyfriend has been supporting me since the beginning and has been really helping my mood and everything. I'm so glad I met him. :edgey:

Happy Maria

Yeah I've been walking a lot too and I haven't been feeling any cramps anymore. It's great.

Dawny wrote:
Coworkers have been telling me that I've been losing weight. I am beyond happy right now. I even feel better. I cut out all junk food and I'm never tempted by any of it. I work at a supermarket and people buy junk food like nobody's business and I've been able to control myself from buying any junk. I'm actually really proud of myself.

Heh. Like when I was working at the cinema. I sold and had to clean up so much popcorn that I didn't want to even see it for months after.

C-A

Happy Maria

All this talk about losing weight has made me think. So I've went an rejoined my old tennis class. It was marvellous! Everyone still remembered me,and they were ecstatic to see my face once more. I'm very glad to see our chemistries have remained intact. I also joined a yoga class on top of that to achieve flexibility and coolness points. Oh,and inner peace I guess

The worst part though was going to the clothing store to get white clothes for tennis. I always blank out during these because they're SO DARN BORING! GAAAAAH I HATE THEM :dahlia:

Ah well,I'm quite excited for the coming days at least. WHOOOP :edgey:

The Chocolateholic of CR

All this weight loss taking makes me wonder why the whole " If skinny i'm fat" thing even exist.... :eh?:
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Happy Maria

What's that even about exactly?

I myself am actually quite thin,I just have a large ponch. A very large one. Eugh

CatMuto wrote:
Heh. Like when I was working at the cinema. I sold and had to clean up so much popcorn that I didn't want to even see it for months after.

C-A

Oh man the amount of junk food I see. I have to clean it up too because people just let their kids touch and break AND EAT everything and leave it there. So annoying. No wonder I'm not tempted.
Spoiler: hidden from the dudes because of lady things
I usually crave chocolate and junk when I'm on my period, but I haven't craved anything with my last period. I just worked out and did yoga the whole time.

Page 606 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus