Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 71 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

We are now Takumi-Records!! [April Fools]Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

While Ace Attorney is now a massive media franchise with tons of games, merchandise, an anime, stage plays, manga, operas, a movie, escape games, novels, and, best of all, pachinko machines, it all started with a quirky little adventure game for the Gameboy Advance in 2001 whose original form would never leave Japan. The DS re-release eventually came to the West, and with its clever writing, intriguing mysteries, quirky characters, and awesome music developed a small but committed cult following that has developed into the large fanbase today.

Unfortunately, the so-called "Ace Attorney" games of today are nothing like the witty, well-crafted origin of the franchise. And this degradation of the series can be traced to one man: Takeshi Yamazaki. He is the reason we have these bizarre games with 18 year old defense attorney psychologists and trials based on spirit channeling. He is the reason the series strayed from its path of normal legal dramas, like 13 year old prosecutors and parrots as witnesses. He is the reason the franchise has become the unrecognizable abomination it is today.

People who know me probably already know of my dissatisfaction with Yamazaki's first main series game. I tried to give him another chance, but that too simply didn't hold up. Consequently, the rest of the staff* and I have decided to return this site to its roots, and devote it to the games that we fell in love with, rather than the series as a whole. From now on we will be "Takumi-Records," a fansite dedicated to games made by the genius who has brought us amazing adventures involving quirky lawyers, stylish ghost detectives, and time-traveling dinosaurs, Shu Takumi. Only. We will no longer tolerate any discussion or mention of Yamazaki or the games he created... not that he made any games, of course. After all, Apollo Justice was the last main series Ace Attorney game made, and the only games since then have been PLvAA and DGS.

*: One member of the staff, Gerkuman, refused to denounce Yamazaki and pledge unending loyalty to Takumi. He has since been dealt with.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Re: We are now Takumi-Records!!Topic%20Title

Canadian Cat: The True Master Race

Die painfully and slowly. T-akumi is not as good as Takeshi. ALL HAIL TAKESHI! REBEL! A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS!

Last edited by KirbySage18 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian Cat: The True Master Race

Sorry for double post, but what did you do with his goddamn name?

Prosecutor

I agree, i like this choice, and i'm going to support you with that forever.

Derper

You dare taint the great, prolific, flawless Takumi's image by using his name without reference to his work on a Gakkou no Kowai Uwasa: Hanako-san ga Kita!! videogame adaptation and the ever flawless Resident Evil 2?!!!!

You posers better apologize for this mockery towards the great, prolific, flawless Takumi because you can never love him the way I do!!!
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Arf.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Happy Maria

Thank goodness,because Yamazaki s terrible. His games were so bad I got three fevers in a row after playing them. Ever since I've hidden them in a rocket and now they're in space because the rocket exploded because of their toxicity.

Takumi is love; Takumi is life.

Edit: ok I know that you all are a lil confused so here's some help so u can understand
I totally said this word for word btw. Anyway I wrote:
Apollo trilogy? I don't feel the same way myself. When AJ was made,Takumi left,putting the future of the main series into question. DD was made,but only six years later by the same guy who did AAI,Yamazaki. After DD,he wasn't even on board with making SoJ. He was only convinced barely. So really,it never was planned to be a trilogy.

As for Edgeworth,the games didn't sell well overseas,so I doubt they'll be made anytime soon.

So yea Takumi is good and Yamazaki is literally Satan

Art Person

"A-A-I"(without the hyphens) IS REPLACED WITH "The cancelled Ema spin-off" LMAO THIS IS SO GOOD XD

Test:(Quote this)
Takumi didn't write AAI or GS7

KirbySage18 wrote:
T-akumi is not as good as Takeshi. ALL HAIL TAKESHI! REBEL! A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS!

Who is this "Takeshi" you're talking about anyway? I don't recall Takeshi Kitano being involved in the development of an Ace Attorney game.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Happy Maria

Yea he's a terrible Takumi anyway get out Takeshi

Or did you mean....Yamazaki?! HOW DARE YOU

ASCEND

Takumi shot my cat in the head once. Do I still have to support him?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

All hail Lord Takumi

UPDATE: Takumi has just announced the long awaited sequel to Ghost Trick. The working title is Spectral Shenanigans.

Excellent decision, my Good Player! Please, keep-
ey hold it

.........listen mate.
Spoiler: yes you

(also hi spyro yeah i see you too)

Image Image Image Image

The imagination justifies the pimp

I want to see a Takumi and Yamazaki game now. Dual Destinies 3 featuring Athena Cykes, Simon Blackquill and Rayfa Padma Khura'in, with sepcial guest Nahyuta and Dhurke Sahdmadhi. Would be great to bring back the mechanics from AAI and AAI2.

Last edited by Bolting Shaman on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

What about Simon Blackquill? It's not a DD game without him. And Takumi.

Just imagine someone here who's actually named Simon see their name get forcefully changed, must suck to be him.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

This caught my Twitter feed.

I'm honored that my legacy has been made. My words have finally been heard, my instincts have been entrusted by more people than myself.

...However, today I had a humble realization. The credit should not have went to the one and only infallible Takumi-san only. He deserves praise for sure but the TRUE genius of Ace Attorney must be Conan Doyle who wrote the original Sherlock Holmes series. In the first place Ace Attorney have veered far away from its original territory which came from him.

I must sadly announce I'm no longer a fan of Shu Takumi as of today as I realized he is not actually that original because his ideas primarily came from these beloved novels and not his genius brain. Therefore You-know-who is forgiven because all he has ever done for the series have tried to recapture something that is actually original and not a Sherlock Holmes fanfiction.

I think in time we should consider dubbing the board "Doyle-records" in honor to the history of literature.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

ArrowLawn wrote:

Spoiler:
Wise words. Also, I may be one of the few people who find every villain in the series at least acceptable, even the less important ones (say, a filler-case villain).

(but then again, I'm the guy who is capable of liking Moe as a character, so why am I even talking...)

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Spoiler: Dual Destinies
Bobby Fulbright: I'm the muthafukin Phantom!!

Spoiler: Spirit of Justice
That, and I still think Ga'ran is a decent villain and that Amara is a jerk

Last edited by Bolting Shaman on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Slammer wrote:
ArrowLawn wrote:

Spoiler:
Wise words. Also, I may be one of the few people who find every villain in the series at least acceptable, even the less important ones (say, a filler-case villain).

(but then again, I'm the guy who is capable of liking Moe as a character, so why am I even talking...)

Not alone there pal. Moe is the best. Though my favourite is Cornered.

linkenski wrote:
This caught my Twitter feed.

I'm honored that my legacy has been made. My words have finally been heard, my instincts have been entrusted by more people than myself.

...However, today I had a humble realization. The credit should not have went to the one and only infallible Takumi-san only. He deserves praise for sure but the TRUE genius of Ace Attorney must be Conan Doyle who wrote the original Sherlock Holmes series. In the first place Ace Attorney have veered far away from its original territory which came from him.

I must sadly announce I'm no longer a fan of Shu The Great and Infallible Takumi as of today as I realized he is not actually that original because his ideas primarily came from these beloved novels and not his genius brain. Therefore You-know-who is forgiven because all he has ever done for the series have tried to recapture something that is actually original and not a Sherlock Holmes fanfiction.

I think in time we should consider dubbing the board "Doyle-records" in honor to the history of literature.

Gasp! A naysayer! Get out of our safe space

Bolting Shaman wrote:
Spoiler: Dino Crisis
Bobby Fulbright: I'm the muthafukin T-Rex!!

That, and I still think Error: character not found is a decent villain and that Error: character not found is a jerk

Error:post not found as it was contradictory to Takumi 's logic

Southern Corn wrote:
Not alone there pal. Moe is the best. Though my favourite is Cornered.

Bolting Shaman wrote:
That, and I still think Error: character not found is a decent villain and that Error: character not found is a jerk

*sigh*

Must wait 'till tomorrow to know what you guys are talking about.

Happy Maria

What I said wasn't autocorrected by CR though. It's an AA subreddit gag from way back,when all the users kept saying their favourite music was Cornered. Soon it became a meme. :-P

I'm also gonna have to spoiler tag that post by then. I didn't do it now because the thing doesn't come through when I spoiler tag it.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Finally we can move past Yamazaki. I hate him and everything he has done to my irrational pick for favorite character, Apollo, like giving him CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. BURN HIM, BURN HIM!
Eureka!

Danksgiving

its about time

Happy Maria

Apollon wrote:
Finally we can move past He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. I hate him and everything he has done to my irrational pick for favorite character, Apollo, like giving him CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. BURN HIM, BURN HIM!

Totally,
Spoiler: SoJ
"btw guys Polly's from Khura'in even though that doesn't fit in with what we know bout him k BAI"

I don't even know if I'm being joking anymore

Derper

Southern Corn wrote:
Totally,
Spoiler: DC2
"btw guys Polly's from Khura'in even though that doesn't fit in with what we know bout him k BAI"

Spoiler:
"Phoenix becomes a hobo, throws away most of the things he learned from Mia and his friends are nowhere near him. His ancestor was also a lawyer who personally knew the idiotic Sherlock Holmes"

What's a Court Records?

Oh good. We're finally getting rid of the trash. :P
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Happy Maria

Reglare wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Totally,
Spoiler: DC2

Spoiler:
"Phoenix becomes a hobo, throws away most of the things he learned from Mia and his friends are nowhere near him. His ancestor was also a lawyer who personally knew the idiotic Sherlock Holmes"

Let's finish off Athena as well
Spoiler:
"Hi guys I'm an 18 year old lawyer who got her badge early and everyone loves me except the baddies. I also have an extremely TRAGIC BACKSTORY. FFEL FOR ME

FEEL FO-"

What about Blackquill
Spoiler:
"Hurr am lots of edge, I dont have to do anything and peps love meh
Wright-donomatsu what are you doing with that swo

元・超会社員級の管理人

important site update: we've finally updated the case descriptions to get them up to date
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

orla needs some love

Welp, I just found out there are case summaries from the culprit POV. Better late than never.

I do what the good girls don't

(Pops in after a couple months to see what's going on)

Well, this is a nice treat hah. And did someone mentioned Sherlock Holmes?

Spoiler: gif incase
He approves of it. And Elementary owns all.

Tumblr | FFnet | AO3
Dancing With Butterflies and Dragons (aa6 spoilers, some suggestive content and other warnings)

Derper

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:
"Hi guys I'm an 18 year old lawyer who got her badge early and everyone loves me except the baddies. I also have an extremely TRAGIC BACKSTORY. FFEL FOR ME

FEEL FO-"

Spoiler:
"I'm a prosecutor who got her badge when I was 13. You love me because I call people fools, whip them and turn out to be a crybaby at the end, waaahhhh"

"I'm a prosecutor who got his badge when I was 17. I've got the most worthless rival connection in the series since my rival didn't even know that I was the one who tarnished his idol's reputation but people are guaranteed to like me because I'm good-looking and play air guitar"

Danksgiving

Dollarluigi wrote:
Oh good. We're finally getting rid of the trash. :P

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Hahaha! This is an April Fool's day prank, isn't it.

Real shame it's now the 2nd of April in my timezone...
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/

Happy Maria

Reglare wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler:

FEEL FO-"

Spoiler:
"I'm a prosecutor who got her badge when I was 13. You love me because I call people fools, whip them and turn out to be a crybaby at the end, waaahhhh"

"I'm a prosecutor who got his badge when I was 17. I've got the most worthless rival connection in the series since my rival didn't even know that I was the one who tarnished his idol's reputation but people are guaranteed to like me because I'm good-looking and play air guitar"

"I'm a douchebag,but I guess I'm redeemed because it was a facade all along lol go to hell damn you beads satorha let it go and move on"

Derper

Southern Corn wrote:
"I'm a douchebag,but I guess I'm redeemed because it was a facade all along lol go to hell damn you beads satorha let it go and move on"

Spoiler:
"I'm a douchebag who tried to kill the circus master's daughter but killed the circus master instead, but I guess you're supposed to feel bad because it wasn't intended lol the guy who tells the lady in the next case he doesn't care if she kills herself says to take it easy on me"

Happy Maria

Reglare wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Spoiler:
"I'm a douchebag who tried to kill the circus master's daughter but killed the circus master instead, but I guess you're supposed to feel bad because it wasn't intended lol the guy who tells the lady in the next case he doesn't care if she kills herself says to take it easy on me"

Hell yea
Spoiler:
"I'm the only son of a millionaire who clearly has enough money to give me and is willing to give it to me but I won't ask him and instead stage my kidnapping because I can't repay the loan somehow with the help of my dumb girlfriend and my butler who's my girlfriend's dad I know this but I won't tell her though lol also I'm a whiny brat who only killed in self defence technically so I guess you're supposed to feel bad for me LOL"

Page 1 of 2 [ 71 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes