Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Nonary Game 5: Life (End)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

(This is a forum game, as such only participants who have signed up in the recruitment thread are allowed to post here.)

The players find themselves in a strange circular room, strapped to metal chairs facing outwards from a central pillar.

Spoiler: The room

All of a sudden, the restraints on each chair are released, and everyone quickly gets up, looking around in confusion. The room they are in is chrome-metallic and quite small, with only enough room for two people to to walk around the edge at once due to the chairs and pillar in the centre. There are five sliding doors spaced around the perimeter of the room - four in cardinal directions, and then one at what could be considered north-east. The chairs have numbers painted in red on their backrests, from 1 through 9 clockwise starting from the 'north' direction. They also look quite uncomfortable - very solid and very restrictive, moulded directly into the central pillar so as to form a single unit.

No explanation seems to be forthcoming. The players are left with only their equally confused fellows to talk to, to try and get a grasp on the situation. The one thing that can be agreed on is that it seems everyone has been kidnapped and brought here, for some unknown reason.

(For now, this is the introductory phase. Use this time to introduce yourself and get to know the others. You can also explore the room, but don't expect to find much.)

The Players of the game are:

P1, Pierre: Marley, a dishevelled drunkard. Skillset is M4B1S4.
P2, Franzise: Turbo, tall, blond and muscly. Skillset is M3B5S1.
P3, Bad Player: Trinity, a paranoid woman. Skillset is M2B2S5.
P4, Datamatt: Tetra, a cop. Skillset is M2B4S3. Real name is Jen.
P5, Doctor Nanjo: Chanel, a woman in a patterned sweater. Skillset is M5B1S3. Real name is Marigold Barre.
P6, Cesar Zero: Cube, an angry yob. Skillset is M1B4S4.
P7, JesusMonroe (was sumguy28): N, an amber-haired woman. Skillset is M4B3S2. Real name is Fauna Bettson.
P8, Southern: Jack, a Japanese soldier from WWII? Skillset is M3B4S2.
P9, Hanzo: Iota, an 18 year-old boy. Skillset is M3B3S3.

The Rules of the game are:

Spoiler: Basic Rules
  1. Ascend the tower!
  2. Clear rooms along the way!
  3. Find the Aqua, Fire, Wood and Elec keys to win the game!
  4. But only one third may leave! Boo hoo...

Spoiler: Door Phase Rules
In the door phase, players must divide themselves into teams such that they meet the requirements of the doors they wish to open. Only the players in the group for a specific door may pass - others will be indiscriminately punished.

Each door's requirement is of the form "Mind: X, Body: Y, Spirit: Z". The codes in brackets on all of your barcodes correspond to these values. To meet a door's requirements, the group must simply have enough of a certain value to equal or exceed that the door requires. Think of it as needing a certain level of combined skill to solve a specific problem. As long as the requirements are met, any group is fine, including extraneous members who are contributing nothing.

You may not perform any 'Actions' during this phase. In fact, you must all remain seated while you select the door you're putting your skills towards.

Spoiler: Room Phase Rules
Rooms will take place in QTs, private from everyone not in the room.

You can periodically state a location to investigate when searching. Along the way you will most likely find puzzles. The person to solve a puzzle the fastest receives the puzzle's reward, should there be one. Note that you will need to solve puzzles in order to escape the room as well.

When a player discovers a puzzle, it will be announced but the puzzle itself won't be given. Instead each player can privately request the puzzle to then solve it, allowing them to be timed. Watching a player or using Watch My Back will still incur the distraction penalty, dropping you down the 'list' of people who have solved the puzzle. Additionally some preference is given to people who solve it early - if it's been an entire day since the puzzle was discoverd before you request it, your priority for the puzzle will be dropped.

If you don't escape before the phase change, you will all be punished, so watch out! However, you don't all need to escape - if you feel like leaving someone behind so they get punished, go ahead!

You may each perform one Action per Room Phase. Actions are detailed below.

Spoiler: Actions
Players can perform one Action per room. With the exception of Watch and Watch My Back, Actions can be performed at any point during the exploration.

Watch and Watch My Back must instead be declared at the beginning, before the player does anything in the room itself – it's fine if other players have done anything, however, and you can go as soon as the message of your Action declaration is sent, you don't need to wait for confirmation. These two Actions also come with consequences – if you choose either, you will have lower priority for all puzzles solved in that room, meaning someone else may find the item before you even if you solve the relevant puzzle first.

The possible Actions are:
  • Watch – Keep an eye on someone else, receiving basic information about what they did during this room. Doing so distracts you from your own search, lowering your puzzle priority by 1.
  • Watch My Back – Keep away from everyone else and make sure no-one tries any funny business around you. Doing so distracts you from searching the room, lowering your puzzle priority by 1.
  • Give – Give an item to another player. This can be done covertly – if they aren't Watching, you can slip an item into their inventory without them realising, perhaps to plant evidence.
  • Steal – Take an item from another player. This has to be done covertly, unless they consent. If you don't know what you're trying to steal, you'll get something random; if you try to steal a specific item and they don't have it, you'll get nothing.
  • Whisper – Say something to another player, without anyone else hearing. You can choose to stay anonymous when you do so.
  • Use Item – As it sounds, when you find a free moment and no-one is looking, you use an item you possess. If the item happens to be a weapon, you can try to covertly kill another player with it. Or you could just...
  • Open Kill – Throwing subtly out the window, you try to kill someone directly with whatever you've got. Such a bold action succeeds even if the target is Watching you or their back, but you'll also clearly be seen or heard by everyone else in the room. In addition, there are situations in which the target can resist, fleeing to the others or even fighting back.

Spoiler: Lynching Phase Rules
Players get one vote, to be made privately.

They can vote for themselves, or any other currently living player.

If they don't vote, their vote will default to themselves.

Anyone who receives at least 3 votes will die. If no-one receives at least three votes, no-one has to die.

Voting is entirely private. No-one knows how anyone else voted, and vote distribution won't even be revealed after the phase is over. All that is made 'public' is whether any individuals have been punished.

Last edited by KamiPanda on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:28 am, edited 30 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Introduction)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

"Um,hello."

The players all look towards the person who said that,a vaguely Asian man dressed in combat gear. There is something written on his left wrist,but it seems to be unreadable from here.

"I am...er,call me P8. I am from Japan. D-do you know what we are doing here?"

"No idea", replies one of the other players.

"Wait. You can understand me?", he asks.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

P8 appears to be in deep thought for a moment. "Well,erm,anyway,what is your name,mister...?",he asks to the other player.

(Also,from what POV are we supposed to write in?)

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
(Also,from what POV are we supposed to write in?)

(You're doing fine. See the first few posts of the previous nonary game to get an idea of how people usually post.)

(Also, check your PMs. (I still don't know if notifications are working, sorry.))

Happy Maria

(Yep,thanks. I think I did it just in time.)

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I'm assuming everyone here is as confused as I am, but by chance, does anyone know just where we are?" A woman about 34 years old spoke. She was in a police uniform and had straight, black hair that reached her chest. Her uniform looked pretty standard.

(Hope I'm doing this right. This sounds pretty fun so far.)

Happy Maria

"No",responds P8. "This place does seem very mysterious,though. Maybe we should explore this place?"

"I agree",comes another voice. The player who said it is...

A muscular man, looking like he was about 30 years old, wearing just some normal-looking clothes, looking maybe a just a litttle more disheveled than usual, suddenly spoke up:

"Hell if I know!" The man yelled. "Ya think I'm in this creepy-ass place of my own will?"

The man then looked at the other players' wrists, then at his own. "And just what are this things supposed to mean? P6? Why do I have the same weird tattoo as a bunch of strangers?"

The man then noticed what P8 and some other player had said. "Yeah, we just gotta find a way to get out of here as soon as possible"

The man then moved to explore more of that place, kind of ignoring the others.
Signature loading, please wait...

The policewoman looked at her wrist. Of course, she had a barcode too. "It says P4.. I have no idea what this means. But yeah, I suppose we need to find a way out of this place." She got up and explored said place.

Sleeping is my life.

A young boy got up from his chair. He appears to be the youngest of the group, with him being 18 years old. He's wearing a rock band raglan t-shirt, distressed jeans, and red sneakers. His brown hair appears to be long enough to reach just halfway down his neck, and there is a teal hightlight in his hair as well. He appears to be slim and somewhat average in height, honestly.

It was pretty clear to the others that he doesn't seems to trust any of them, with his hazel eyes darting around.

"D-D-Does anyone know where the hell are we?" The boy asked as he looks around the unfamiliar place. "I'm not liking this at all! Not one bit!"

1000% Knight

"W-What? Where a-are we?" a woman stammers out, getting up from her chair. She's wearing a normal-looking skirt and blouse, and her dirty blonde hair reaches just past her shoulders. Her hair was a bit messy and her clothes were a bit wrinkled, but they probably would look neat if this had been more... normal circumstances.

"Y-You're all..." She squeezes back a bit and runs over the rest of the group with a suspicious eye, but lets out a small sigh of relief when it becomes apparent that everyone else is also a victim who doesn't know what's going on.

She absentmindedly glanced at her wrist. Just when did... whoever put this on her? And how? She had always kind of wanted a tattoo, but she was afraid she would move or flinch while getting it and ruin it, so she never did. But now she had one, but in probably the worst possible way. And she didn't even know what it meant. "P3," hmm...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

"W-why does everyone else have a barcode on them too?", asks P8.

"Huh? You have 'em too?", asks a player.

They all meet at the centre,and show each other their barcodes.

"Hmm. P1,P2... all the way to 9.", one player notices. "What could this mean?"

She looked at her wrist for a few seconds, looking at the barcode.

"Mine reads out P4C0:(M2B4S3). I'm damn sure this is some sort of identifier, probably put on by the same person who kidnapped us. It wouldn't make sense to have a barcode otherwise, that's what they're used for."

Gettin' Old!

The 40 year old man startled awake with a snort. "Wuh-hnn?" he muttered in confusion as he looked around the room at other people there. The man would have looked perfectly at home sleeping on a street corner. A tattered grey wide-brimmed hat rested on his head that clearly looked as if it had been chewed a couple of times from the chunks missing from it's brim. It didn't look grey naturally but from the copious amounts of dust and dirt that had settled on it time. The rest of the man's clothes fared no better. An open and filthy navy shirt gave way to a black sports vest that was spattered with bits of dirt. His trousers, aside from the frayed hems, actually would have looked quite smart if they were clean being black and businesslike. All of this hung loosely on the man's eeriely thin frame.

"Aw f**k," he groaned as he hoisted himself out of the chair holding his back from the pain. "Whuh the hell am I?" he asked aloud giving a wary glance at the other people in the room. Cursing to himself, he wandered over to the circular wall holding his back while he reached into his shirt pocket and produced a packet of cigarettes. Lighting up he collapsed against the wall and let out a long relieved sigh. "Datz' betta," he gasped taking another long drag regaining some composure before looking once more at the other players. Glancing down at his tattoo, he regarded it without any real interest, it was a lame tattoo, far from his first choice.

"Bet it was tha feds," he shouted at the blonde woman. "They always tryin' ta pull dis crap." he answered taking another puff. Raising his eyebrows in surprise he sneakily tried to life his arm and sniff his armpit. Whoever had put him here had kindly washed him and fed him beforehand and a gentle confused smile came to the man's face "Awright," he muttered satisfied to himself returning to his thoughts once more as he looked up at the ceiling.

(Yo Soco...stop putting words in other people's mouths ok? :-P)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

( Sorry Pierre :sadshoe: )

P8 looks around a little,and notices the room looks awfully futuristic. He wonders out loud,"Is this still even 1943?" Suddenly he feels the glare of a few other players on his back. He turns around and finds everyone looking incredulously at him. "What? Did I say something wrong?", he asks.

Gettin' Old!

(No worries man, but we're all in control of our own actions, it's not a one-man show or a novel where you control multiple characters. It's roleplay etiquette is all so don't sweat it.)

A cloud of smoke burst forth as the tattered man guffawed at the asian soldier "Definitely tha feds if they got you thinking it's 1943!" he laughed. He shook his head slightly and took another puff. Eyeing the asian soldier up and down he asked "How'd ya get roped into this?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

P8 appears reluctant to answer. After thinking a bit he says,"I...don't know.",without making eye contact. "What year is it anyway? How long have I been out? Who's won the...?" He stops himself from completing the last sentence.

Sleeping is my life.

Bar code? The boy looks down at his left wrist. Of course, there's a barcode tattoo on his left wrist. He frowned at this.

"I could have gone for a really cool dragon tattoo than this ugly tattoo." The boy remarked as he went back to keeping his eyes on the others. "But uh.... mine says P9, or something like that, I think."

Happy Maria

"Why have we been branded like this?", questions P8. "Are we all prisoners of war?"

"I have no idea what you're babbling on about anymore" Said the man. "The feds? War? What kind of fucking clown decided to lock me up here with a bunch of delusional idiots?" He was looking incredibly exasperated. "Can't you people at least look around in here instead of standing there talking nonsense?" He sighed, and went back to looking for a way out of there.

Gettin' Old!

"..war?" The tattered man said raising an eyebrow as he finished the soldier's sentence.

"'Murica won of course!" He said raising his fist lazily in the sky. "Don't take it too hard brother, it's all in da past now." he sighed grimacing at the loud one's tantrum. "Gimme a break, tha chair fair hurt and I jus' wanted a little break firs'" he groaned getting up to his feet. "Tha' names Marley, pleased ta' meetcha fine folks," he said offering a hand to the nearest player.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

P8 took Marley's hand. "Pleased to meet you,Mr.Marley. I...didn't know that we...lost the war."

P8 walked towards the north east door. He tried pulling,but it didn't budge. "Maybe I should use that", he says to himself,but after seeing that it was made of chrome,he gave up. "I....don't think there is a way out of here. Unless whoever put us here will let us out."

Shy guy

Indeed, as the players explore the room, they find nothing that will help them escape. The doors are all locked, and seem mechanical. There is a button pad, presumably to operate the doors, but it's powered down and doesn't respond no matter how hard P6 smashes his fists against the buttons.

Happy Maria

P8 suddenly braves up. "Okay,everyone. We have to work together to solve this. We have to get out of this room."

I've felt worse.

"Ugh, what the hell? did I oversleep again?'" The voice came from a woman of twenty-seven years. As she brushed the amber hair from her face, she took a look at the other people in the room.

"So... nice to meet all of you. If this barcode is accurate, guess I'm number 7. Real quick, does anyone know anything about why we're all here?"

(Maybe I shouldn't be typing this while trying to play Persona 5 at the same time.)
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Marley gave the soldier an inquisitive look "Wha's yer name, son? Don' worry bout dat war anymore. Ancient history now, Japs're doin' real well for themselves," he released the soldier's hand and finished his cigarette, stubbing it out on one of the chairs "Make great whiskey at least."

Number 7 woke up moments later and Marley idly waved to her. "Nah, know nuthin', Ah'm Marley." he explained before collapsing back in his chair again, shuffling around trying to get comfortable. "Seem's dere ain't no way outta dis place." he muttered looking at the others try the doors and button.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

"But how?" The boy asked P8, "The doors are obviously locked, and the buttons doesn't respond no matter how hard we push them."

He then turns towards the 27 years old woman to answer her question. "I don't know! What could the kidnapper possibly want from us?!" He shouted.

"Nobody knows anything except the fact that we were all kidnapped and brought here."

She walked over to a keypad next to a door and tried hitting the buttons. No dice.

"The only way out that I can see is the doors. And they don't work. Of course."

Happy Maria

"Oh,are we? Can you tell me what year this is,by any chance?" Asks P8 to Marley.

After P7 woke up,he says to her,"We do not. We're trying to figure out how to escape together. Will you help us? And P9, that's why I'm asking you all to cooperate. I think we need teamwork to solve this. Trust me,I've been in the war. I know all about this."

1000% Knight

"Is uh, is uh, just g-giving our names really that smart? We d-don't know who brought us here or w-why..." The woman says after Marley introduces himself.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Sleeping is my life.

"She got a good point about this. I don't know any of you, people! And I'm not willing to tell you my name!" The boy suddenly speak up after the woman questions giving out names.

"I'm with you on that one. It's better not to say our real names. The same bastard who locked us up here could be listening." She turned to P3.

Gettin' Old!

Marley gave the woman a perplexed look, his jaw hanging open in surprise for a moment. "Well dun' know how ya normally introduce yerself but I wis raised with dat bein' the polite way to do it." he shrugged. "Easier ter remember d'an all dese 'Ps'" he said looking over his shoulder at the soldier. "Is about 2060, las' I checked son. Dese years jus' seem to flow by lately." he sighed feeling his age.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Yup, there's no way I am giving out my name to any of you. The numbers are good enough, especially for the short time I'm planning on staying here."

Happy Maria

"Yes,indeed. It's too dangerous. Who knows who's listening now? I can't give it to you yet.", says P8.

"2060?!",he says to Marley. "I've been knocked unconscious for over a century?! ...I doubt our Antart- oops. Never mind, got carried away there. Pretend you didn't hear that." He glances around nervously.

I've felt worse.

In turn, the seventh player faced the boy. "I'm afraid I don't know anything either. But I guess we should cooperate for now. I doubt we were all taken here without someone noticing our absence."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Happy Maria

"Yes,of course.", reasons P8 to himself. "If it's 2060.. I would be 141?! How come I haven't even aged yet?! Is this some black magic?!"

Sleeping is my life.

The boy turns to Marley. "No, that can't be right, dude. The current year's 2100!" He quickly said. "Something's not right here...."

"What? It's definitely around 2066. What are you all talking about?" She turned to Marley and then to the boy.

Happy Maria

P8 clutches his head in confusion. "WHAT YEAR IS THIS?! ARE WE ALL FROM DIFFERENT TIMES?!"

"Pffft, seems like I really AM the only same person in this stupid place. How can none of you know it's 2070?!"
Page 1 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus