Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Door Phase)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

'They aren't...? So then what does that mean?'

No other way than to make this mistake.

"We weren't abducted on the day we thought we were, most likely."

Happy Maria

'What really gets me is that we have all appeared here in a flash here from where we originally were,at least not that we noticed. I myself didn't sense any time gap between crashing and coming here.' Kappa then stared at his gloved hands,and wipes off the sweat on his forehead.

Shy guy

"The votes have been tallied." The voice of Admin #0 speaks up once more. "You are all unanimously in favour of Cube's proposal."

"But before I let you go, I think I should leave you with a story."

"It begins in 1943. All the good boys and girls here should know that the second World War is busy making a mockery of global politics. As with all good pop-culture novels on the time, the Nazis are secretly trying to develop a super weapon to win them the war and allow for total global domination. Deep in the Antarctic, they have set up a facility to research ice-9, a supposed substance that could freeze all water it comes into contact with. Axis forces have been tasked with defending the facility, including our 'protagonist', shall we say, a plucky Japanese pilot.

"Were the Nazis successful? It seems we shall never know. Ally forces stormed the facility and shut it down, silencing all the scientists and soldiers such that the secrets of the place could never leak and be used. Our brave pilot, along with his fellow pilot comrades, fights back honourably, but is ultimately shot down. He ejects, but to no avail - moments later, he crashes into the freezing Southern Ocean and is lost. Perhaps due to chemicals leaking from the facility, or perhaps simply due to the sheer cold, he is frozen over entirely and left to drift, lost to time for almost 100 years...

"...when he is eventually discovered, floating far from his home. He caused a national sensation, and earned the nickname "Jack". Many urban legends formed around this mysterious find; to this day it's not even clear how much of his presumed origin is really true. And unfortunately, our scientists may never know, as the still-frozen body vanished one day.

"Thus concludes my little story. Many of you here should be familiar with it; I know I very much am. It means a lot to me, you see..."

With that, the Zeroth Admin went silent and the two marked doors opened. The 9 players got up from their chairs and split into the two agreed groups to go and explore the rooms beyond.

[Post-game edit:
Lounge: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/EjKwSVV3wWeW
Washroom: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/dvxh48wznsjjd]

[QTs for each room will be privately sent to you. Please post there until the phase next changes. Phase change will be on Thursday 12:00 GMT, unless it becomes clear that things should be pushed back to be more reasonable, or even pulled forwards if everyone's done.]

Last edited by KamiPanda on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

With a subdued hiss the two elevator doors reopened and 8 players stepped through. More accurately, 7 stepped through and one stumbled in drunkenly.

It quickly became clear to the players in the Tankard group that Admin #1 hadn't been lying - 8 players meant one had died in the other room. It was Kappa, the one claiming to be from 1943. Before any of the players could go check, the elevator doors hissed shut again, clearly denying them access.

In seeming ignorance of the despair now facing the players, Admin #0 makes a new announcement.

"Welcome back. If you could all sit down, we shall begin the next phase of our game." A few players objected, but Zero calmly continued. "The only way for the elevator to ascend is if all present players are seated. And the only way to ultimately escape is to ascend." Resigning to their fate, the players all sat in their allocated spots. Seat 8 was, of course, empty. Once seated, restraints sprung up from each seat and bound the players to their chairs.

"Now then, it's time to introduce you all to the Lynching Phase. It's a very simple process. Each of you gets one vote. You can vote for yourself, or any other currently living player. If you don't vote, your vote will default to yourself. And anyone who receives at least three votes... is punished." The declaration was filled with shocked silence, before Zero continued once more. "This is a good chance to get rid of some of your more resilient opponents. And remember: Only one third may leave."

"Such are the rules. Make of them what you will." With that concluding remark, the intercom cut out.

[Votes are to be made privately in your QTs. Phase change will be Saturday 12:00 GMT, with possibility to bring it forwards as usual.]
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

"So w-what happened to Kappa?!" Trinity demanded as she reentered the elevator.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Marley looks puzzled at the restraints holding him in place. Look at the others he waves jovially at them with a bright yellow bottle of wine labeled "Yellow Honey". There's a certain warmth coming from his greeting but the incomprehensible slurred speech makes it impossible to tell exactly what he's saying.

Marley's eyes fell on Kappas chair and he solemnly reaches up and removes his hat before holding it over his heart revealing an unkempt oily mess of black hair strewn with grey. He mutters some sorrowful gobbledegook before giving the others a questioning look.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Tetra looked at Trinity, unsure whether to tell her or not. But she did anyway.

"We had a battleships slash picross puzzle on a tablet and we had a bunch of rules for how it was supposed to be solved. He broke one of them and the tablet ended up shocking him. He was pretty much instantly dead.."

Sleeping is my life.

Iota speaks up after Tetra. There was a sad look on his face.

"Yeah, I can confirms that Tetra's telling the truth. It happened so fast that we couldn't even react." Iota explained to the others. "And since we couldn't stand seeing his body lying right there on the floor, so uh... Tetra and I moved his body into one of the shower cubicles. That at least puts us at ease... Probably."

Shy guy

[To clarify, you can change your vote as often as you wish until the deadline.]

"As far as I can tell, no foul play could have been involved, it seems to just be because he submitted an incorrect answer on the puzzle. Immediately after he was electrocuted by the puzzle, Admin One announced that maybe we should take a closer look at the rules," Chanel chimes in.

"That said, it's interesting that the Admin let someone so supposedly valuable die so uselessly."

"Zero said this is a game of life and death.. so he probably doesn't care who dies unless Kappa's death is quintessential for the game, somehow. I'm not sure."

"Right..."

Chanel peers around the circle at the other players.

"It's just so weird to me. This game has to have a goal, right? If it was to find out where the Antarctic base is, then Zero probably just killed the sole holder of that info."

Gettin' Old!

Placing his hat firmly back on his head Marley raised his bottle in a silent toast to the deceased Kappa. He'd felt sympathy for the bloke, even if he was a bit naive and more than a little crazy but no one really deserved to go like that.

Gesturing to the "Mind" room, Marley continued to spew heavily slurred questions, giving his companions a glazed look from his ever-swaying head as he sought more information.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

"If Zero wanted s-something only one of us knew, why g-get the rest of us involved?" Trinity snapped back.

"Trinity, you might want to calm down before speaking."

Tetra then turned to Marley. "You're speaking gibberish, how did you even get drunk?"

"Yeah, whoever Zero is, they probably don't care about the Antarctic base...if they did why kidnap me? Or most of you, if it's true you don't know anything about that?" He then looked at Marley."If I had known there would be a bar behind that door, I wouldn't have let him in." He sighed. "Umm...about this lynching thing...what are we gonna do about it?"
Signature loading, please wait...

"So.. The thing is, we can each vote for ourselves so nobody dies. However, if the penalties stay even after the lynching phase, eventually we'll all die."

Shy guy

"Votes are per-phase. They have no meaning by the time you are in the next set of rooms." Zero says.

"That's fair enough, it does seem like we're all being viewed as disposable, and this incident proves that," Chanel replies.

Tetra let out a sigh of relief.

"The best plan is: nobody votes so the votes default to ourselves and each person gets 1 vote. Nobody has 3 votes so nobody dies."

Sleeping is my life.

"Hey, Admin Zero! You didn't tell us what would happen if nobody got 3 votes! So, what happen if none of us get three votes?" Iota called out. "I'd like it if you can clear that one up."

"Yeah this phase is just an opportunity for us to trim the fat. Unless someone is causing problems, we should just default."

Shy guy

"If no-one gets three or more votes, no-one is punished." Zero replies, confirming Chanel's statement. "It's as simple as that."

"But I should emphasise that votes remain private, even after the phase is over. So no-one has to know if you decide to vote for someone else."

"I'm going to vote for myself, I think.. even if that's a huge risk."

Shy guy

[To everyone doing so, could you please state it (in the QT) as if it were a vote? Then it becomes clear if it's gotten to a stage where everyone's happy with how they're currently voting, or 'not voting' where applicable.]

"Yeah, I guess we got no choice but to vote ourselves, huh. But no one better fucking dare try anything funny, 'k? I've been acting completely reasonable all game, none of you want me to stop being like that, right?"
Signature loading, please wait...

"Nobody did anything bad this round. There's no reason we should try to kill eachother. It's just futile."

1000% Knight

"How am I supposed to be c-calm in a situation like this? We've been kidnapped and are being forced to k-kill each for god-knows-why?!" Trinity shrieked.

Still, at least trying to remain calm was probably not a bad idea. And this was also probably the worst possible time to be drawing attention to herself.

Trinity took a deep breath. "D-Defaulting does seem like the best option... Since you need t-three votes to lynch someone, that means you'd need two p-people breaking from the agreement, and they'd n-need to vote for the same person. We didn't know about the l-lynching phase in the rooms, so n-nobody could have made a secret agreement in there, and I d-don't think two people would be able to make an agreement like that in h-here without anyone else noticing."

Gettin' Old!

Marley grinned at Tetra bashfully and indicated his own bottle of wine before jerking a thumb back at the room they went through previously. He took.a swig from his bottle before giving Tetra a thumbs up indicating approval.

Sensing Trinity's shock he attempted to lean over and offer her a drink from his bottle.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"Thanks, but... no t-thanks," Trinity said, gently pushing the bottle back to Marley. The last thing she wanted was to impair her judgment, and accidentally break a rule like Kappa had done.

(...Or create an opening for someone else to get her.)

"So then, no objections to everyone voting for themselves I presume. You guys heard Zero, and there's no reason to kill anyone right now."

"'Right now?'" Turbo arched an eyebrow.

"There's no way of doing that without getting caught, anyway. If someone voted for someone else, we'd all know."

"Yes, we'd know someone voted for someone else, but not who did it."

Gettin' Old!

Marley perked up and suddenly started barking some form of objection to Tetras assertion that they couldn't tell who did it if they all voted for themselves but one didn't. He waved his bottle around wildly in his explanation but his speech is too slurred for anyone to make out the details of his point.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Let me clarify further. I won't be revealing the results - all anyone will know of how people voted is that some may be punished. No-one has to know if you somehow end up with no votes to your name. So there's no need to hold back."

"That's what I thought.. This is fucked up but we have no choice."

Gettin' Old!

Marley stopped mid drunken rant at the admins clarification and fell quiet, sullenly muttering to himself in disapproval as he took a sip from his bottle.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

"Okay, Marley, I think that's enough drinking for now!" Iota said as he leaned over and tried to swipe the bottle out of Marley's hand. "We can't let you be drunk the entire game, you know."

Gettin' Old!

Marley, quick as the wind, retracted the bottle from Iota's grasp cuddling it close to his chest. He gave Iota a defensive look and berated him in his foreign drunkards tongue, something about how Iota was barely of drinking age you, before hiccuping loudly to interrupt Iota's chastisement. With a smirk Marley looked Iota in the eye and took a rebellious swig of his bottle.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 5 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus