Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

AA 15th anniversary livestream on Monday; how to watchTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

As was announced last month, Capcom is holding a 2-hour NicoNico livestream tomorrow, Monday April 17th to celebrate 15 years of Ace Attorney and show off new information on Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2. The hosts will also show off comments and fanart they've received, reveal the results of a series-wide character popularity poll, and revisit the history of the AA series.

The show starts at 9 PM Japan time, which translates to noon UTC, 8 AM ET, and 5 AM PT; the show itself is scheduled to run for 2 hours.

If you're not familiar with NicoNico, it prioritizes paid members over free members when it comes to watching livestreams, and guests can't watch at all. To try and alleviate this, we'll be restreaming the show over on CyTube, which also gives the benefit of letting people chat as we watch. However, we can't guarantee the restream will run for the entire period, so we'll have a link to the official NicoNico page available. Of course we hope everything goes smoothly, but just being realistic here!

See you all then!

[Court-Records is looking for a copywriting manager!]
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: AA 15th anniversary livestream on Monday; how to watchTopic%20Title

For those who missed/couldn't watch the livestream:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puztrOXp_4o (hopefully official upload will be available by the time you read this :p)
Footage (Part 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DxTcJAz2A
Footage (Part 2): https://youtu.be/ox1HMC_5GPE
ImageImageImage

Results of the popularity poll:

15: Trucy Wright
14: Kristoph Gavin
13: Maya Fey
12: Sherlock Holmes
11: Barok Van Zieks
10: Athena Cykes
9: Ryūnosuke Naruhodō
8: Nahyuta Sahdmadhi
7: Simon Blackquill
6: Phoenix Wright
5: Kazuma Asōgi
4: Miles Edgeworth
3: Klavier Gavin
2: Apollo Justice
1: Bobby Fulbright

So uhhh, anybody got an explanation? Saying this as someone who loves Fulbright

And does anybody have the list after DD? I can't find it

Ace Fangirl

How exactly could people vote for this popularity poll? Was it online, or through some magazine, or...?

迷探偵

Meowzy wrote:
How exactly could people vote for this popularity poll? Was it online, or through some magazine, or...?

Online, through NicoNico. Every user could vote once per day, so it's pretty easy to rig the election if you wanted. Everybody (including the people in the studio) was quite surprised at most of the results in general (many characters ranking lower than expected), and the unexpected first place. There were also quite a lot of comments suggesting there might've been foul play at hand when the first place was announced, as it really came out of nowhere.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

JesusMonroe wrote:
Results of the popularity poll:

15: Trucy Wright
14: Kristoph Gavin
13: Maya Fey
12: Sherlock Holmes
11: Barok Van Zieks
10: Athena Cykes
9: Ryūnosuke Naruhodō
8: Nahyuta Sahdmadhi
7: Simon Blackquill
6: Phoenix Wright
5: Kazuma Asōgi
4: Miles Edgeworth
3: Klavier Gavin
2: Apollo Justice
1: Bobby Fulbright

So uhhh, anybody got an explanation? Saying this as someone who loves Fulbright

And does anybody have the list after DD? I can't find it

The AA wiki has them
The top 15 back then was : 15-Trucy Wright, 14-Wendy Oldbag, 13-Kay Faraday 12- Dick Gumshoe 11-Athena Cykes 10-Klavier Gavin, 9-Franziska von Karma 8- Yumihiko Ichiyanagi 7-Simon Blackquill 6-Godot 5-Bobby Fulbright 4-Maya Fey 3-Phoenix Wright 2-Miles Edgeworth 1-Apollo Justice

The results aren't all that crazy when you compare them. The guys that drop from the list haven't been relevant since at least 2011, and their replacements are from games that have been released since then(plus DGS 2 is all the hype now).
The biggest surprises are the first place(But Fulbright was already in the top 5, so it isn't THAT insane), Klavier making it to the top 3(But he was in the top 10, and I guess having minor roles takes you higher than not appearing at all) and Maya's low place(which could be a consequence of the new guys stealing the spotlight).

It isn't what I expected at all, but it doesn't seem impossible.

All in all, it seems like the new generation wins this time.

Ash wrote:
Meowzy wrote:

Online, through NicoNico. Every user could vote once per day, so it's pretty easy to rig the election if you wanted. Everybody (including the people in the studio) was quite surprised at most of the results in general (many characters ranking lower than expected), and the unexpected first place. There were also quite a lot of comments suggesting there might've been foul play at hand when the first place was announced, as it really came out of nowhere.

That could explain Fulbright, but not Maya, unless people somehow rigged the election for all the characters higher than her.
And if only users could vote, wouldn't they know if someone voted a lot of times for the same character?
Also, was the 2013 poll conducted the same way?

I'm also wondering if there are results beyond the 15th position and if we know something about the number of votes.

迷探偵

luck wrote:
I'm also wondering if there are results beyond the 15th position and if we know something about the number of votes.

They announced 1 ~ 50. And I think they mentioned the judge just didn't manage to rank in (51). I think I remember Mia being featured in the first batch (41~50), below characters like the Blue Badger, Dhurke and Datz.

Edit:

For those interested, this is the list from 16~50 as announced today in the stream.

16. Franziska von Karma
17. Dick Gumshoe
18. Sota Sarushiro
19. Kay Faraday
20. Hakari Mikagami
21. Wendy Oldbag
22. Juror #3 (Man with Knife)
23. Luke Atmey
24. Godot
25. Mike Meekins
26. Umanosuke Naito
27. Ema Skye
28. Yumihiko Ichiyanagi
29. Rayfa Padma Khura'in
30. Larry Butz
31. Manfred von Karma
32. Damon Gan
33. Gregory Edgeworth
34. Iris Watson
35. Susato Mikotoba
36. Armie Buff
37. Tateyuki Shigaraki
38. Herman Crab
39. Clay Terran
40. Richard Wellington
41. Datz Are'bal
42. Dhurke
43. The Blue Badger
45. Mia Fey
46. Roger Retinz
47. Matt Engarde
48. Jake Marshall
49. Lisa Basil
50. Uendo Toneido
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Fangirl

I'm just kind of laughing at the irony that foul play could've led to Fulbright reaching first place, considering... you know... Everything about him.

Meowzy wrote:
I'm just kind of laughing at the irony that foul play could've led to Fulbright reaching first place, considering... you know... Everything about him.

Spoiler: DD
Injustice we trust!

Signature loading, please wait...

Beauty and grace.

I'm surprised by Bobby, but I'm glad Apollo and Klavier are so high up there. Capcom, take note of who the popular characters are and give them more screen time pls (cough klavier cough).

Sarcastic comments on request

Edgeworth outside the top three??? :edgeworth:
THIS.
WILL.
NOT.
STAND.
Melchett: Ah, Blackadder! Still talking to yourself, I see.
Blackadder: Yes, it's the only way I can be sure of intelligent conversation.

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Capcom, take note of who the popular characters are and give them more screen time pls (cough klavier cough).

Capcom, please take note of who the popular characters are and localize them. The lowest rated DGS character is in the top 5 ffs.
Signature loading, please wait...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Dhurke ranked #42?

.........THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

It's even more surprising to think that the nico Fulbright memes have gone on this long. It started off back in 2013 and it's still relevant. Memes that last years. Tbf, activity on ND can't be compared to the likes of YT, but it still has a pretty darn big base.

Of course, ND memes easily pass on to other sites like Pixiv, 2ch, the Japanese reddit among the big social media sites. Oh, and of course, onto YT.

Goddamn memes.

I suppose I should be grateful that Professor Means wasn't top 5 at least.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Happy Maria

I like how juror #3 was on the top 25. Bless him

Let's compare with the 2013 results:

1. Bobby Fulbright(+4)
2. Apollo Justice(-1)
3. Klavier Gavin (+7)
4. Miles Edgeworth (-2)
5. Kazuma Asōgi (new game)
6. Phoenix Wright (-3)
7. Simon Blackquill(==)
8. Nayhuta Sahdmadhi (new game)
9. Ryūnosuke Naruhodō (new game)
10. Athena Cykes (+1)
11. Barok Van Zieks(new game)
12. Sherlock Holmes(new game)
13. Maya Fey (-9)
14. Kristoph Gavin (+2)
15. Trucy Wright (==)
16. Franziska von Karma (-9)
17. Dick Gumshoe (-5)
18. Sota Sarushiro(+4)
19. Kay Faraday(-6)
20. Hakari Mikagami (wasn't on the list)
21. Wendy Oldbag (-7)
22. Juror #3 (Man with Knife) (new game)
23. Luke Atmey (-6)
24. Godot (-18)
25. Mike Meekins (wasn't on the list)
26. Umanosuke Naito (-1)
27. Ema Skye (-9)
28. Yumihiko Ichiyanagi (-20)
29. Rayfa Padma Khura'in (new game)
30. Larry Butz (-7)
31. Manfred von Karma (+10)
32. Damon Gant (-2)
33. Gregory Edgeworth (wasn't on the list)
34. Iris Watson (new game)
35. Susato Mikotoba (new game)
36. Armie Buff (new game)
37. Tateyuki Shigaraki (-10)
38. Herman Crab (wasn't on the list)
39. Clay Terran (-2)
40. Richard Wellington (-6)
41. Datz Are'bal (new game)
42. Dhurke (new game)
43. The Blue Badger (+7)
45. Mia Fey (-26)
46. Roger Retinz (new game)
47. Matt Engarde (-8)
48. Jake Marshall (wasn't on the list)
49. Lisa Basil (wasn't on the list)
50. Uendo Toneido (new game)

Characters that have dropped from the top 50: Hugh O'Conner(49), Shih-na (48), Judge (47), Yuri Cosmos (46), Myriam Scuttlebutt (45), Vera Misham (44), Redd White (42) , Diego Armando (40), Acro (38), Winston Payne (36), Dahlia Hawthorne (35), Iris (33), Steel Samurai (32), Taka (31), Ron Delite (29), Shi-Long Lang (28), Viola Cadaverini (26), Adrian Andrews (24), Aristotle Means (21), Pearl Fey (20)!!

At this point there are so many characters that even making it to the top 50 is hard. But then again Lisa Basil of all people somehow managed to, so I guess whacky characters really are popular in Japan.
Pearl has gone from the top 20 to not appearing at all, and Mikagami has made the opposite change.
The results for the DGS guys seem pretty consistent with this, with Asogi wiining, Barok, Holmes and Ryunosuke following him (although in a different order) and Watson and Susato falling short for whatever reason. They're also pretty popular for a spin-off, at least if you compare them with the guys from Investigations.
I expected Armie to be popular, but not to surpass Datz and Dhurke and be third most popular SoJ character. Although SoJ characters in general don't seem to be doing so well, other than Nayhuta. The characters that made it to the list are the ones I expected but ranked much lower. That could be because the new characters don't have as much screentime as the ones in DD , but I expected Rayfa at least to be higher.
And it's still a victory for the young'uns, with Apollo beating Phoenix again, Klavier beating Edgeworth and Athena beating Maya.

Considering that the 2013 poll resulted in Apollo getting a really big role in SoJ, I think we can expect plenty of Klavier in GS7. Or maybe Invetigations 3 starring Klavier and with Fulbright playing Gumshoe's role. I think you could fit that in the canon timeline.

迷探偵

luck wrote:
Considering that the 2013 poll resulted in Apollo getting a really big role in SoJ, I think we can expect plenty of Klavier in GS7. Or maybe Invetigations 3 starring Klavier and with Fulbright playing Gumshoe's role. I think you could fit that in the canon timeline.

I think you shouldn't overestimate the importance of the NicoNico polls or see it as their only source to build on, as Capcom has access to multiple methods of user feedback, the most important actually being their own feedback system (which has been implemented ever since the very first GBA game). Their own questionnaires are much more informative to the developers than random votes on the internet (most of them probably w/o any motivation), as there are more detailed questions and (theoretically) most of the voting population should consist of their real core users (who actually purchase the games).

Glimmerous Fop

Does anyone have a link to a website where the results are listed (an official list)?

迷探偵

The only official announcement of the list was in the show, which L-A's has linked above (they showed it in parts). Any sites featuring the lists, including the comments in this topic, have simply written down the results as announced in the show itself or are using screenshots from the show.

Glimmerous Fop

Ash wrote:
The only official announcement of the list was in the show, which L-A's has linked above (they showed it in parts). Any sites featuring the lists, including the comments in this topic, have simply written down the results as announced in the show itself or are using screenshots from the show.

I see, thank you for the answer!

迷探偵

They also showed some great pieces of fan art yesterday (you could submit them in advance), and one of them was a great piece with Maya and Yui (the hostess of the show). It took a while before the people in the studio realized the girl next to Maya was actually Yui.

https://twitter.com/xxxjyururixxx/statu ... 6501725184 (Yui posted the piece on her Twitter account too).

But apparently, the piece was drawn by Kazunori Haruyama, who drew the Ace Attorney characters for Project X Zone 2. So it was fan art, but not really fan art :P

Nerd Processor

Just had a thought regarding how much Klavier has leapt up in the rankings from last time - could that be to do with the HD Mobile release of Apollo Justice?
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Beauty and grace.

Nerdowl wrote:
Just had a thought regarding how much Klavier has leapt up in the rankings from last time - could that be to do with the HD Mobile release of Apollo Justice?

That would make sense.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes