Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

DGS2 in Famitsu 4/20: More episode 1+2 infoTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

While it looks to mostly be recapping what was shown on yesterday's livestream, Famitsu has a big DGS2 article in its next issue, which releases on April 20th. In addition to screens, character art, and coverage of what we learned yesterday, there'll be a "Great Turnabout Newspaper" column that will feature articles on various DGS characters and settings, and comments from producer Eshiro.

We'll provide scans once they're available!

[Court-Records is looking for a copywriting manager!]

Update: No significant new info in Famitsu, though you can view the scans at Japanese Nintendo. Eshiro does comment that Asougi got a piece of DLC pretty much entirely because of his popularity amongst fans though, lol.

On the Layton side of things, the article is mostly just re-introducing the game, noting that they wanted the game to be more comical and smaller-scale than the past Layton games. As a nod to series fans, it looks like Stachenscarfen and Granny Riddler will be appearing, and the article wonders where Layton himself is and if Sherlo could be connected to Luke's ability to talk to animals.

Spoiler: DGS2-1 Character art
Image Image Image

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS2 in Famitsu 4/20: More episode 1+2 infoTopic%20Title

um...hi your honour?

THEY HYPE IS REAL THW HYPE IS REAL SO MUCH HYPE!!!!!
WANT WANT WANT!
G3TBG3TBU3TUNBTNUB3NIBT3NIB3TIGTN :foam: :foam: :foam: :foam: :foam: :foam: :foam: :foam: :foam:

Wotter boy

Hosonaga pls
Changing jobs every time we see him

um...hi your honour?

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Hosonaga pls
Changing jobs every time we see him

same job different roles.
such as the job of undercover detectives.

Happy Maria

Yeah,I think that's a running joke by this point.

Other than that,nothing much to add. Just HYPE

Ace Fangirl

I love how Souseki has several cats now. I wonder if they're all Wagahai's kittens.

The miracle never happen

Woah, is that guy dabbing?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Happy Maria

No,he's putting one hand on his forehead and the other in a saluting position.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Hosonaga in a swimsuit with a turtle on his head is the new aesthetic of this game. Can't wait to see what disguise Sherlock comes up with this time off in another case.

Edit: Also can't wait to read Souseki's next publication: "Wagahaira wa Neko dearu."
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Speaking of which, I actually can't believe that after 45 cases (49 if you count PLvsAA), we've finally gotten ourselves an actual beach murder case in the games, and it's the tutorial case in a game that takes place in the 1900s. Fancy that.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

元・超会社員級の管理人

Lady Layton Layton's Mystery Journey will also be in tomorrow's issue, so we'll try and cover that a bit as well. However, I may be a bit late writing up coverage because Monday's livestream taught me the hard way that skimping on sleep and then staring at many small Japanese characters on a screen is not good for my health.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Happy Maria

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Hosonaga in a swimsuit with a turtle on his head is the new aesthetic of this game. Can't wait to see what disguise Sherlock comes up with this time off in another case.

Edit: Also can't wait to read Souseki's next publication: "Wagahaira wa Neko dearu."

Ooh,is that what it is? I was so confused because I thought it looked like a prisoner uniform :-P

元・超会社員級の管理人

No significant new info in Famitsu, though you can view the scans at Japanese Nintendo. Eshiro does comment that Asougi got a piece of DLC pretty much entirely because of his popularity amongst fans though, lol.

On the Layton side of things, the article is mostly just re-introducing the game, noting that they wanted the game to be more comical and smaller-scale than the past Layton games. As a nod to series fans, it looks like Stachenscarfen and Granny Riddler will be appearing, and the article wonders where Layton himself is and if Sherlo could be connected to Luke's ability to talk to animals.

Wooster wrote:

I do what the good girls don't

I too thought Souseki was dabbing and I was like, "wow dabbing was in style long before our time" and Hosonaga's swimsuit a prisoner uniform haha.

I started watching a translated playthrough of DGS recently (only checked out the first two cases so far but I remember some details of the other cases from Tumblr long ago), but it seems there are some cool stuff in this sequel!
Tumblr | FFnet | AO3
Dancing With Butterflies and Dragons (aa6 spoilers, some suggestive content and other warnings)

Happy Maria

Spoiler: DGS-1
I also like the little detail added to Payne's hair. Since it was cut off by Asougi,he looks more like AJ Payne now.

um...hi your honour?

Southern Corn wrote:
Spoiler: DGS-1
I also like the little detail added to Payne's hair. Since it was cut off by Asougi,he looks more like AJ Payne now.

1) i'm loving the new pfp
2) at the end credits, auchi never had that detasil in his hair maybe they were just saving time by not adding a new model.....but i feel as if auchi didn't want the hair like that...but he soon realised that his descendants were thw swaggiest so he decided to look more like AJ winston.

Smaller-scale as in less content, or the story isn't going to end up destroying London is Layton failed?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I hope this game and the first gets the Ace Attorney DS versions treatment but on the Switch in 5-10 years and then gets localized. Would be sweet and I'd love to play it in HD too.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

um...hi your honour?

linkenski wrote:
I hope this game and the first gets the Ace Attorney DS versions treatment but on the Switch in 5-10 years and then gets localized. Would be sweet and I'd love to play it in HD too.

hope so too....if that's possible.
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes