Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 8 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Door Phase)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

[Seems there's enough points of discussion to not warrant moving the phase change forwards. It will occur tomorrow 18:00 GMT, as originally stated.]

Happy Maria

Jack losely grins at Marley in an unsure fashion. Going back to Iota he says,"Yes,as I have previously said,my sudden knowledge of English is a mystery too. I have no idea how I no so much. And I do know Japanese,mind you." He then speaks quickly in rapid Japanese that no one understands. Then he asks Iota,"By the way,you're still hiding something from me for some reason. What exactly happened in the Lynching Phase? You keep avoiding that topic for some reason."

Sleeping is my life.

Iota seems unsure whether to answer Marley's question or not.

"My foster mother." Iota simply said, as he look down at the ground. "My parents passed away sometimes after I was born. I was raised by my foster mother."

Then he looks up at Jack, and decided to answer his question. "Two people took advance of Tetra's suggestion that we defaults our vote and.... and... tried to kill me using this process. Those two people piled their votes onto me. Those two votes, along with my vote on myself, is enough to make three votes. Three votes equals punishment. We didn't know about this until the Lynching Phase was over."

Happy Maria

Jack jumps in surprise. "W-what?! But...then how are you still alive?!"

Sleeping is my life.

Iota lets out a groan as he face palmed himself.

"Didn't you hear me explain the Protection Tokens?" Iota asked Jack.

Happy Maria

"No,sorry. I had just gotten up then,and felt very confused. I wasn't exactly paying attention to what the others were saying."

Sleeping is my life.

"Why do I even bother with this guy?!" Iota whined, feeling annoyed by what is happening right now. "Can someone please explain the Protection Tokens to this dimwitted soldier?"

Happy Maria

Jack's eyebrow twitches in annoyance. Before anyone can respond,he walks back to his seat muttering under his breath. He then sits there,waiting for the next phase to begin.

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
he walks back to his seat

[I feel a lot of people are misinterpreting this, so I'll state it plainly: everyone is already seated, and strapped to their chairs. The chairs are facing outwards, circling a pillar in the centre of this circular room. Technically this means each player can't really see most other players, but I can ignore that.]

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded sagely in thanks for Iota's ibformation. Extinguishing his finished cigarette he immediately lit another. "Anwhoseyerfostamutha?" He asked Iota before looking at N and jerking a thumb towards Iota while taking a drag. "'Owsat? 'Elooklikfamilytayou?" He asked N
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

N awoke from her lazy-writer induced stupor.
"Now that's worth a laugh. I'm too young to start picking up orphans. Y'know, assuming it's still 2073."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Sleeping is my life.

Iota stared at Marley, shocked that he was still asking questions. He's starting to becomes paranoia of Marley.

"What. The. Hell is wrong with you, Marley?! I gave you answers and y-y-you kept on asking more questions! This is making me feel u-uncomfortable!" Iota shouted at Marley, clearly shuddering. "Do I need to remind you where we are right now?! The more questions you keep asking, the more I am at r-r-risk of dying!"
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Door PhaseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Marley burped slightly propelling the cigarette out of his mouth but on instinct caught it and placed it back in its prison. Frowning slightly as he smoked Marley gazed at Iota perplexed "Whussamattewiyoukid?" He blew a puff of smoke "Jus'askinyaf**kinqueschinsawright?" He grunted with a shrug "Loadabullgoinhereaniaingottalottatimetillwegoaway." He scanned Iota curiously while his eyes flickered longingly to the smashed bottle on the floor "Whyswoultellinusyerfostamuthagetyamearlykilled?" He asked blowing a smoke ring towards the ceiling.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Hey, Marley, I think Iota is right. If people find out too much about someone's past and said person is.. particularly dangerous to another person, they could easily vote for them in the Lynching Phase, since all votes are anonymous. Iota has already been voted 3 times, so he's got a point there."

Gettin' Old!

Marley regarded Tetra solemnly as he smoked in thought. With a drunken swagger he removed the cigarette from his mouth with a cough "ahmjissayin'zuero'swunuvusanthakidadaprotectivethingy." He shrugged "Seemsdarighttimeferaskinbutwhaever," he returned his cigarette to his mouth and tipped his hat down across his eyes as if to nap for a spell before the start.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

It wasn't long before the three doors opened. The players were released from their uncomfortable chairs, and they split into the agreed-upon groups to proceed through their respective doors.

[Post-game edit:
Medical Room: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/C8vZFS5tbZ3
Pool: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/pT5pk4MU4ETm
Kitchen: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/pvcxauCn2XXH
Iota feels a strange sensation... he finds that he's in the elevator and the pool simultaneously.]

[Phase change will be Friday 12:00 GMT. I'm away on Wednesday, so expect delays to any GM interactions then.]

Last edited by KamiPanda on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

[The Room Phase is still active, but I thought it would be useful to provide a diagram of the elevator room, as some may find it useful.]

[9 seats, facing outwards from the central pillar, towards the walls. Numbers correspond to Player numbers.]

Shy guy

For a second time the doors reopen, and 7 players step through. Everyone immediately realises the implication - this time two players are dead. A quick look around reveals that Jack is once again missing, along with Iota. The remaining members of both groups they were in look very subdued.

The now-familiar voice of Zero speaks up. "Please be seated. The second Lynching Phase will begin now." Resigned to their fate, the players all return to their marked seats. "With just seven voters, it will be more difficult to assign 3 votes to a single player." Zero states. "Account for this appropriately if you desire to lower player numbers."

[Phase change will be 12:00 GMT Monday.]
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Marley groaned and rubbed his grimy face in exasperation. To all observers he appeared to have sobered up and seemed about as functional as when he had first arrived.

"Alright....from tha beginning. Where are Jack and Iota and why are they not with us?" He asked as he settled back into the chair. Whipping out his cigarettes he lit another one quite calmly "I mean who knows if anyone is dead right? Especially after Jacks revival but this ain' a good feelin' either way."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Jack is.." Tetra struggled to get the words out of her mouth. Eventually, she spoke up.

"He's dead. What about Iota?"

"I killed him. We had a puzzle where we only had three chances to get it right. We had a key that could be used on twelve doors only three times. Each door had a cipher. Anyway, right when I solved it Iota started opening a door. Behind the door was something useless, and I told him that I had it. The two best answers were a door with "exit" written on it and one with "prize." Anyway he started holding the key hostage and insisted he solved it even after I told him the answers. I spelled out exit for him and he still wasn't listening," Chanel says with a grim demeanor. "I did it because he seemed eager to throw away our chance at that exit door."

"But yeah, the exit door was fake and the prize for the puzzle was letting us know that we all have three lives. All he had on him was a protection token and a listening device, which let him eavesdrop on other rooms. It seemed like he hadn't used the listening device yet this round."

"Oh.. I see.." Tetra sat down on her chair. So two people just died.. What else was there to say?

Gettin' Old!

"Hold up...we have 3 lives? And he had ANOTHER protection token on him? How does any of that make sense?" Marley asked gritting his teeth on the cigarette stub "How did you kill him anyway? And what happened to Jack!" H demanded clearly quite upset.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"The admin told us one of us had to die in order for the rest to live. I had to kill him. I didn't want to, but it had to be done. But how exactly do we have three lives? How does that work?"

"We weren't told how, but like Jack did before Iota will come back. This means Jack only has one more life though. I killed him by pushing him a pool filled with deadly traps. It was a feature of our room. Yes he had another token, but he acted suspicious when he opened a door in our room and told us he hadn't found anything, so he could have found it there."

1000% Knight

Trinity gave a small nod after Chanel explained what happened.

"So how are we going to v-vote? Do we still vote for ourselves? It d-didn't work last time, but... Iota isn't in this round, and I don't think we have anything b-better."
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Marley chewed on his cigarette in frustration "So, ready to kill someone without any consideration eh Tetra?" he growled the cigarette in his mouth almost comically glowing red with embers as if in response to Marley's brewing anger "Tha how police in your country work? How'd ya kill him anyway? You carrying a firearm? I feel ye shoulda tried harder, unless Jack was willing to sacrifice himself for the team...or didn' ya give him that option?" he asked mockingly before rounding on Chanel

"An who's to say we can't vote for Iota? The boy on two occasions went straight for the same item that stops him from being killed here? That's damn f***ing suspicious is what it is!" he said slamming an arm angrily down on his chair "Boy goes for the highest value items, might be he knows what he's doing. Might be he's Zero." he said spitting his old cigarette out "That plus he had that thing for spying on all the rooms, kinda a handy item eh? Also something someone with access to the system would have. Perhaps we should vote him down now and get those lives of his burned." He lit up another cigarette and gave Chanel a probing look "That said, what did ye do with tha protection coin? Did ya get rid of it, no profit from murder an' all. Put us all on equal footing."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"That's easy for you to say, Marley. I had no other choice and I was the only one with a weapon. If I didn't do what I did, then it wouldn't have been 1 casualty but 3. Do you seriously think I wanted to kill him? I shouldn't have had to yet I did. I made the choice that I felt was best for the group as a whole. I also thought on it for a long time, do you really want to believe I had no considerations? There was no other way for the 2 of us to get out. Would you have prefered 3 people die instead? What would you have done in my position?"

Shy guy

"You cannot vote for the currently dead." Zero states. "Just as they cannot vote themselves."

Gettin' Old!

Marley took a long drag of his cigarette "I dunno, I wasn't there and I wasn't armed but if you are so concerned for the greater good you could always have killed yourself. Went out a hero cop. Beloved by all." He answered

"Still there's more questions to ask, what did you kill him with and do you still have it? Not really much point lying about it. Your teammates could tell me and we'll know Jacks opinion when he eventually gets back too."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I mean Zero implied that we could run out of chances. Of course you didn't know that the time that the number was three, but I do think that naturally you shouldn't have gone for Jack considering he had already died before. You could have sacrificed yourself too," Chanel says to Tetra.

"Trinity has the coin, I have the device if someone needs it, and Tetra used a knife I'm not sure where from," Chanel says to Marley.

"I killed him with a knife I got from a puzzle. No, I didn't know I would have gotten the knife and yes, I do still have it. I'll throw it away if you wish. As for Jack's opinion, he wanted to get out as much as Cube and I did, so everyone was equal. I wanted to get out too, so I wasn't going to suicide."

Gettin' Old!

Marley's gaze passed over Trinity briefly upon hearing that she had an item.

"Well then, it's a kind gesture of you to ditch the knife but I figure Trinity should either ditch the coin or accept us voting for her since she has a free pass. More killin is the las thing we need here, lives or no lives" he said
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Tetra sighed. "Look.. I know what I did might seem selfish to you and immoral and you'd be exactly right. But I had no choice. It was either 3 deaths or 1 death either way - be it with the ally or betray puzzle or this way. I just wanted to clear that up."

Gettin' Old!

Marley raised an eyebrow "What there was another way? What was this ally or betray puzzle?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Tetra nodded. "It was a puzzle where everyone enters 1 room and they can choose ally or betray. If everyone chooses ally, then everyone gets an item but if one person betrays everyone else dies."

Gettin' Old!

Marley spat out his cigarette in shock "What so there was a f***in' peaceful solution and you pulled a knife?!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Nope. Everyone got an item but someone still had to die."

1000% Knight

"H-Hey, I haven't d-done anything!" Trinity exclaimed when Marley suggested that they vote her. "I mean, Chanel shouldn't have gotten it for k-killing Iota, and it seemed like a shame to j-just leave it... I think it's obvious now these puzzles Zero has s-set up are dangerous, and can get us killed. We can avoid killing in the lynching phase as long as nobody gets t-three votes. Why should we use up the protection token now, when we can still avoid k-killing anybody now and the token might come in handy in saving someone from a p-puzzle later?"
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching PhasTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Marley rubbed his temples, perhaps the alcohol had left some effect on him as he tried to quiet the pounding in his head.

"So let me get this straight Trinity, it's fair for you to hold the coin but not Chanel....why? Also it wouldn't even work that way. Remember last round? Iota showed us the coin when it had been 'used'. It practically crumbled to dust. If it was going to protect him from traps and puzzles then it would have crumbled when he was pushed in the pool. Toss it in the centre...we got no proof it's of any use against anything but lynching." With a hacking cough Marley lit another cigarette from his seemingly endless supply "That or we put it to use now to protect folks like you suggested Trinity, we all pile on votes on you and use up the coin that way." He said before giving Tetra a perplexed look.

"Wait, why would someone have to die? You didn't mention that before and for all you know whatever item you would have got could have got you out of it! Can someone else explain what was going on in that room?" He asked with another groan as his head continued to throb.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 8 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus