Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 9 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

"Protection tokens provide protection from various forms of punishment, one time only. This includes lynching and failed puzzles." Zero explains. "However, they cannot protect from an entirely physical mechanism. A token cannot stop a bullet, and it could not stop the pressure plates from triggering when Iota's body landed on them."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded listening to Zero "You're weirdly helpful for a murderous kidnapping f***" he commented while thinking up a new plan "Then if anything, you should go with Jack when he gets back and give him the coin. Lord knows the man deserves a chance," he added with a scornful glance in Tetras direction.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Hmph. We did the puzzles.. well.. the puzzles were useless.. but we got a key to the pantry. The pantry is basically this room that's below 0C. You have to play a game where you choose Ally or Betray - if someone chooses Ally and someone chooses Betray, all who choose Ally die. If everyone chooses Ally, everyone gets the loot but it's not guaranteed that someone doesn't steal it all. If everyone chooses Betray nobody gets anything.

At that point we still had no idea how to leave so we were discussing the puzzle, but then the Admin spoke up and told us that in order to leave at least one person must die, otherwise everyone else dies aswell. I got a knife from a Bridges puzzle for some reason, and you know the rest."

Gettin' Old!

Marley clicked his tongue clearly still unimpressed "An you believed that wackjob? Admin #2 was the worst one yet, he kept trying to goad us into killing someone with a scalpel or otherwise, seemed to think it was entertaining. He also said someone had ruined one of his puzzles...perhaps it was you with the knife reading into things and killing Jack rather than trying a different route or for the love of god QUESTIONING the maniac making you play the crazy death game." He snapped at Tetra
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"No, there was no unlock mechanism on the door or any other puzzle. We did all the puzzles in the room and there was no way out."

Gettin' Old!

"Zero!" Marley suddenly called out "What's the deal? Was #2 running a rigged game or what? Was there really no lethal way out of that room? Ya don't need to tell us what it is. Just to ease this poor officers conscience." He snarled at the ceiling.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"#2 had set up a rather interesting dilemma. The door would only open if someone stayed behind, be it voluntary or otherwise. Of course, anyone who stayed would be punished, so killing them immediately could be seen as equivalent. If no-one stayed, then all 3 players would be locked in the room, and all three would be punished. When combined with the A/B Game, it was a room ripe for betrayal and mistrust. I find it interesting to note that no-one felt they could trust the others enough to try and get the items, even when it was down to just two players."

"I'm happy to help." Zero added sarcastically. "Anything to ensure the game proceeds smoothly."

Although she couldn't see it, Turbo glared icy daggers at the fourth player from his seat. Something about the events leading to Jack's death as explained by Tetra stank to high heaven, but there wasn't much sense arguing over it until Jack revived so the group could hear his account.

He shook his head and turned his attention to other matters. "So what did Cube and N find? Tetra said everyone got an item from their room, and the only things Marley and Me I found were a bottle of booze and an old newspaper article."

"...you heard her wrong, I guess. I didn't get any items in my room, no one entered the pantry, like Zero said...also, you can trust what Tetra said. If she hadn't "killed" Jack, we would both be dead now...of course, now the guy is going to come back anyway. Somehow." He turned his attention to the other players "Why not suspect what the others said about Iota, anyway? Of course, the kid himself is looking quite suspicious now..."
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded taking a long thoughtful drag of his cigarette "Guess yer off the hook for now Tetra, though I still ain't sure where I stand on murdering the guy who had already died once." He muttered figuring there were other important issues.

"In addition to figuring out what was found in the weird door room," he glanced at Iota's teammates "We should decide what to do with Iota. Like I said it's mighty suspicious he found the same powerful item twice. He was the one who proposed that door combination as well." Marley rolled the cigarette over to the other side of his mouth. "There's also the items you've found, ah'd consider it pretty noble of ya to dispose of the knife Tetra. If the admins are going to force people to die already in death traps we don't need more ways of murderin folks. About Trinitys little protection token I vote we give it to Jack if'n he comes back. Poor lad deserves another chance, only seems fair after he..." Marley paused realising he was about to say 'willingly' but was not sure of it "Took the bullet for Tetras team."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"What was the n-newspaper article about?" Trinity asked Turbo and Marley.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Marley reached into his pocket and produced a tattered cutout of a newspaper. "Some article about gangland killings and the Caulderwoods, was hoping one of you might shed some light on it. Here pass it around." He said reaching over as far as he could to pass the newspaper article to the person next to him.

(GM that's your cue to make the information public)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Yeah. I'll throw the knife away somewhere."

As soon as Tetra hears about the newspaper article, she speaks up. "Hey! Pass it over here!"

Shy guy

Marley passes the newspaper cutting around the circle clockwise - with two people missing to his left he can't go that way. As he'd stated, the article snippet details a minor gang-related killing that had occurred some time ago.

"Police report that the victim was a 'Caulderwood', a criminal group who claim to have control over the area. However, it would seem that inter-gang rivalry is still rife, as the thug was found dead in an alley, stabbed by a knife. One person was brought in for questioning, but was later released with no charges." Neither of the two people mentioned in the article are named, but there is a photo of the Caulderwood who was killed. He's clearly not one of the Nonary Game players, but he does have a familiar tattoo on his cheek... After some thought the players realise it's the same as the tattoo Cube has on his neck.

"..Yeah. I know about what happened here. I also know who the suspect is. She was suspected because she was in the vicinity of the crime - we thought she was involved somehow, but the evidence was really sketchy and it wasn't enough to convict her. She denied all involvement in our questioning, but I do still think about that case, even if it was ruled as gang rivalry, I doubt that. By the way, the suspect is here.." Tetra adds the last line with a glance to her left.

Gettin' Old!

Marley raised an eyebrow surprised at Tetra's evasiveness "Well why not just tell us what's going on then if you know about it. There's only one woman on your left, so do you think it's Trinity?" he asked looking to his right "So ye wanna tell us more about that? How about you anyway Cube. You know that guy in the photo?" he called backwards over his chair as he lit up a cigarette "Pretty sure wherever we are Tetra doesn't have jurisdiction to arrest anyone right now so may as well get it all out," he said.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"I-I had n-nothing to do with it!" Trinity shouted. "I was q-questioned and that's i-it!"

Cube had an annoyed look on his face. He sighed "Yeah, I'm a Caulderwood...but I have no idea who that guy is or what happened there. It's not like the group only has a handful of members...there is no way I could know everything that happened with one of us. But that article..." He looked towards his left, although he couldn't see the person he was about to was going to talk to. "Ya think you can just say you were just questioned and that's it?! If you're here, that means you had something more to do with the case, so you better start talking about what you know! If you had something against the family, and I'm kidnapped here...then I think we just got a very clear suspect for the one who put us here."

"Hey, hey, no need to attack Trinity like that. We had no evidence at all about her involvement, she was simply questioned for being in the vicinity. She might have just been a bystander, that's all.
I'm not hiding anything Marley, that's really all I know."

1000% Knight

"I c-can't tell you what I d-don't know!" Trinity shot back. "I think it was in an area I p-pass through on my commute, but t-that's it!

"And don't be stupid! If this whole thing was about the C-Caulderwoods, wouldn't there b-be more of you here?"

"Oh that's interesting. I was wondering what you had to do with anything here Trinity, and now you're connected. You're just a former suspect in a murder. Now you're a part of the bigger picture," Chanel quips from her seat.

Tetra sighs and then speaks up. "She's not a suspect. It was bad wording on my part. She was involved somehow, but nothing connected her to being the murderer."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded satisfied with the information being shared...mostly. "Right Trinity why don't you tell us what ye can about the case. Figures Zero wouldn't have left this 'ere if it weren't important. Who is the dead guy."

"Cube" he called over his shoulder "Ye might not know anything about the murder. Still the Caulderwoods are connected somehow. Ye got any powerful enemies how'd pull something like this?" He asked

"And N speak the f*** up, you can't honestly have no opinion on all dis!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Chanel laughs, "She's OUR suspect, though. Anyway, let's hear what people know, at least three people here know a bit about this, which isn't a coincidence, so please enlighten the rest of us."

"I told you all that I know about that murder. If you want my opinion on it, I don't think it's simple gang rivalry."

"What other possible motivations are there, though? Sorry, I can't figure it out on my own."

"You have the classic revenge and just murder for the hell of it. That's all I can think of, honestly. It just seems way too simple to be a gang rivalry thing."

Cube looked over to Marley's direction. After some thought, he says "I...I don't think we could have an enemy powerful enough to pull this off. At least, I would know if we had an enemy that could bring back the dead and do this weird time travel/freezing people thing. "

1000% Knight

"L-Like I said, it was in an area I c-commuted through and I was q-questioned about it, but I w-wasn't involved and don't k-know anything!" Trinity said.

"You have no reason to get so defensive, Trinity. That only makes you more suspicious."

Tetra thought for a while before speaking up. "I do have an idea though, Cube.. What about the Liddells? Do you know who they are?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley grunted dissatisfied with the dead ends that were cropping up. "Before we go any further we should figure out what were doing in the vote. Can always talk more next phase."

He turned his head towards Tetra "Once Jack and Iota are back and seated, toss the knife into the middle of the room. None of us can go there without the others seeing so it's a safe place to ensure that it'll never get picked up without someone knowing." He said before looking at Trinity "For now I think we should vote for Trinity unless she agrees to give the coin to Jack. Get rid of that advantage or as she says, put it to good use." He proposed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Cube stayed silent for a moment, then spoke up. "I have heard about them, but I was pretty young back when that happened, so I have no idea about the details. And...as far as I have heard, the Liddells don't really...exist anymore, not after that incident. "

"You.. would be wrong. There is one Liddell who is still alive to this day. Also, yeah, I'll throw the knife away after the voting."

"...so, this surviving Liddell...do you have any idea who they are...or what they could have to do with this mess?"

1000% Knight

"Wasting the protection token in a l-lynch seems like... just that, a waste," Trinity said quietly. "We should save it for a p-puzzle if we aren't sure what the answer is b-but need it to get through. Of course, in that c-case it wouldn't really matter who has it, and we won't know which rooms have the d-difficult puzzles before going into them..."

Tetra scratched her head for a few seconds before speaking up. "I know the name - Daniel Liddell. I don't know what he has to do with any of this, though."

She looks to her left after she's done talking, shooting an inquisitive glance at Trinity. "Why are you so reluctant to hand the coin over?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley exhaled a large puff of smoke "Gah don't be so hard on her Tetra, its obvious why anyone wouldn't want to give up the coin. Its protection aye? Still ye should give it to Jack...so he gets some protection, its not like I'm saying we waste it totally." He paused to take another draw of his cigarette. "Mah memory is fuzzy from the past but the name Liddell is familiar, they were big shot billionaires or something aye?" He said extinguishing his cigarette on the arm of his chair.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Pierre wrote:
toss the knife into the middle of the room. None of us can go there without the others seeing so it's a safe place to ensure that it'll never get picked up without someone knowing.

[There is no middle of the room. The room consists of a large central pillar with chairs surrounding it. There is no shared space.]

(Pretty sure he means one of the chairs. In that case, nobody can grab it anyway because they would be seen.

"Yeah, the Liddells were a wealthy family that lived in a mansion. They had their own security guards too, but there's only one survivor of that family, Daniel."
Page 9 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus