Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

Quotes you likeTopic%20Title

(I didn't find a topic with this theme here, so...)

A topic for posting quotes and small texts you like for some reason. They can be from a public figure you admire or from a fictional character. Maybe you find them truthful, inspirational or whatever. Anyway, you get the idea.
Re: Quotes you likeTopic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

This line just for how awesome it is.
"Part Wargreymon. Part MetalGarurumon. They digivolved together to become, OMNIMON""
That line gives me goosebumps everytime.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Yay

It's cliche but I like this one:

'You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life'
Churchill

Feeling extra poetic today, so I'm going to leave this here

“Not being tense but ready.
Not thinking but not dreaming.
Not being set but flexible.
Liberation from the uneasy sense of confinement.
It is being wholly and quietly alive, aware and alert, ready for whatever may come.”
― Bruce Lee, Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Great Revival

"Do unto others what you want them to do unto you"

"What the hell is that wriggling piece of plywood?!"

Desk Slammin Extraordinaire

''When you are hungry, eat!''

Call me Ishmael.

"I sent the club a wire stating, 'PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER'." - Groucho Marx
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

"Being hurt on the outside is better than being hurt on the inside." - Lelouch Lamperouge

Nerd Processor

This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. The entirety of this speech made an impact, especially considering the mess the world was in the week it aired, but this is the bit that really stood out:-

"Because it's not a game, Kate. This is a scale model of war. Every war ever fought right there in front of you. Because it's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken! How many lives shattered! How much blood will spill until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning -- sit down and talk! Listen to me, listen. I just -- I just want you to think. Do you know what thinking is? It's just a fancy word for changing your mind." ~ The 12th Doctor, Zygon Inversion
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Danksgiving

"Everything we know and love is reducible to the absurd acts of chemicals, and there is therefore no intrinsic value in this material universe."

-Donald Duck

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

"Machines can make laws, but they cannot preserve justice. Only human beings can do that."
-First Doctor, "The Keys of Marinus"

"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."
- Second Doctor, "The Wheel in Space"

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting."
-Third Doctor, "The Time Warrior"

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't change their views to fit the facts; they change the facts to fit their views."
-Fourth Doctor, "The Face of Evil"

"For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about."
-Fifth Doctor, "Earthshock"

"Planets come and go. Stars perish. Matter disperses, coalesces, forms into other patterns, other worlds. Nothing can be eternal."
-Sixth Doctor, "The Mysterious Planet"

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Seventh Doctor, "Survival"

"I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there."
-Eighth Doctor, "Doctor Who"

"Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame."
-War Doctor, "The Day of the Doctor"

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guidebook, you've got to throw yourself in! Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers. Or is that just me?"
-Ninth Doctor, "The Long Game"

"People assume that time is a strict progression from cause to effect, but, actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff."
-Tenth Doctor, "Blink"

"We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
-Eleventh Doctor, "The Time of the Doctor"

"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken! How many lives shattered! How much blood will spill until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: Sit down and talk!"
-Twelfth Doctor, "The Zygon Inversion"

In case you couldn't tell, I really like Doctor Who.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

Happy Maria

Necropost?

'He drowned.' -from Rango.

"Don't compare yourself with anyone else in this world...if you do so you are insulting yourself." -Bill Gates

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing. Anyone who has never made a misteak has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

"Courage isn't a matter of not being frightened. You know it's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." -John Pertwee (The 3rd Doctor)

Turnabout Dave wrote:
"Machines can make laws, but they cannot preserve justice. Only human beings can do that."
-First Doctor, "The Keys of Marinus"

"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority."
- Second Doctor, "The Wheel in Space"

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting."
-Third Doctor, "The Time Warrior"

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't change their views to fit the facts; they change the facts to fit their views."
-Fourth Doctor, "The Face of Evil"

"For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about."
-Fifth Doctor, "Earthshock"

"Planets come and go. Stars perish. Matter disperses, coalesces, forms into other patterns, other worlds. Nothing can be eternal."
-Sixth Doctor, "The Mysterious Planet"

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Seventh Doctor, "Survival"

"I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there."
-Eighth Doctor, "Doctor Who"

"Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame."
-War Doctor, "The Day of the Doctor"

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guidebook, you've got to throw yourself in! Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers. Or is that just me?"
-Ninth Doctor, "The Long Game"

"People assume that time is a strict progression from cause to effect, but, actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff."
-Tenth Doctor, "Blink"

"We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
-Eleventh Doctor, "The Time of the Doctor"

"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken! How many lives shattered! How much blood will spill until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: Sit down and talk!"
-Twelfth Doctor, "The Zygon Inversion"

In case you couldn't tell, I really like Doctor Who.

I love doctor who too. So much so that I made my own timelord OC, The Mechanic! Personally my favorite doctor is a tie between 2nd, 4th, and 5th. I basically think all the doctors are good. My favorite Doctor Who quote is the 3rd Doctor's one about courage. Another favorite of mine is The 11th Doctor's Rings of Akhatan speech.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The cape is self-fluttering

This was part of a speech Diana Ross gave during a concert in Tokyo in 1978.

"When I was in elementary school, I had an incredible teacher who told me what she thought the grade 'C' meant: Cheat. For those that would do half when all is called for, for them who slip and slide through life at the edge of their minds, never once pushing into the interior to find out what wonders were hiding there. Being content to drift along on whatever gets them by. Cheating themselves, cheating the world and cheating nature."
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Ace Procrastinator

"Look at me. I'm the captain now"

Said that in a game of D&D, to a pack of goblins after I killed their leader, to intimidate them. It failed and they promptly attacked the party.

"One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect." -Steven Hawking

"We're all different people all through our lives and that's okay, that's good you've got to keep moving so long as you remember all the people you used to be." -The 11th Doctor Matt Smith

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen from Pokémon

Happy Maria

Oh god,I just remembered something very embarrassing. It was when I was but a freshman in high school. We were doing biology,and were talking about rabies and how humans can infect others with it. Then:
I,for some reason wrote:
Ma'am,can you infect yourself with rabies?

I still regret it to this day.

That said,'pail old' is quickly becoming one of my new favourites. :bellboy:

The cape is self-fluttering

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities."
- Sir Josiah Stamp
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

In Justice We Trust

"Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice."

--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil."

--Muhammad
I'll always love you, Max.

Happy Maria

Quote:
What is this speck of eye in my eyeball?!

-Me,for some reason

The video game boy; the one who wins

"We face life, though it's sometimes sweet and sometimes bitter, face life, with a little guts and lots of glitter" (La Cage aux Folles). Words to live by.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

'And when everyone's special....no one is.'

-Syndrome,Incredibles

Happy Maria

Quote:
Umm Who Has The Floss

By America's greatest hero,Jaden 'I always capitalise the first letter of each word I type' Smithy.

The video game boy; the one who wins

"The child nodded. A piano might fall on your head, he said, but it also might not. And in the meantime you never know. Something nice might happen."
Just in Case by Meg Rosoff
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

"The problem with the internet is that not all everything you see is trustworthy."
-Beethoven

Apollon Flame

*points to signature and avatar*

Ardyn said those words. I don't necessarily like the quote itself, but rather who says it. Ardyn is such an awesome character with an equally magnificent voice. But if I were to draw out some sort of significance from that specific quote, I would say that a person is more than the title they hold. It's like saying that someone is competent because they're the CEO of the company, when in reality, they're a bloody mess.
A King

in name

alone...

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." - Morticia Addams

"Well-behaved women rarely make history. " - Eleanor Roosevelt

"You should really come with a supply of cheese to match your vintage whine." - Miles Edgeworth

"We're all pretty bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it." - Andrew Clark

"I'm a writer, therefore, I am not sane." - Edgar Allen Poe

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish but its ability to climb a tree, it will live believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom, and the enemy of growth." - John Kennedy

"Nerd life is so much better than regular life." - John Green

"I don't have low self esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else." - Daria

Happy Maria

'I was destined to betray everyone from the very beginning."
-Calisto Yew
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices