Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 98 of 103[ 4090 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 103  Next

Re: Random conversations about GamesTopic%20Title

I haven't played HuniePop (but I know more or less what it is about...) and haven't progressed much in Devil Survivor 2 for a long time but...Hiyoko and Trucy share a VA?! I have to agree, life isn't worth living anymore.
Signature loading, please wait...

Cesar Zero wrote:
I haven't played HuniePop (but I know more or less what it is about...) and haven't progressed much in Devil Survivor 2 for a long time but...Hiyoko and Trucy share a VA?! I have to agree, life isn't worth living anymore.

You can take a lot of the naughty parts of HuniePop out by going to settings and choosing "Boops" instead of "Full Voice". For one, you don't have to listen to the same voice over and over (or hear Audrey talk at all, thank god) and there is no noise except background music during the pre-bedding part. The images are still there, yeah... but I enjoy HuniePop cause of the puzzle game.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
but I enjoy HuniePop cause of the puzzle game.

So is there more to it than just being another Bejeweled clone?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
but I enjoy HuniePop cause of the puzzle game.

So is there more to it than just being another Bejeweled clone?

Well, I never played Bejeweled, so I can't say how much it is like that or different. But you do have the date gifts, which can really help (and sometimes even be necessary) to complete the date score that's required. You also have Broken Heart tokens, which can lower your score, so you want to avoid matching those up - even by accident - and try to change them into other tokens.

C-A

PS: Speaking of Huniepop, there's a third game planned. And in Huniecam Studio, my latest playthrough got me a fan highscore of 271.234. Highest yet! Woo!

CatMuto wrote:
Just felt like mentioning this. Kira Buckland - who voices Lola in HuniePop - also voices Miyako in Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker; Hiyoko in Danganronpa 2 and Trucy in Spirit of Justice.

C-A

And Eirika in Fire Emblem Heroes

Who incidentally has some of the best art in the game

You know, a Mario game!

You saying you play Huniepop for the puzzle gameplay reminds me of the old joke of people saying they read dirty magazines "for the articles". :hotti:
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Happy Maria

Or saying that you see...inappropriate shows for the plot. No one believes it

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sun May 14, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Southern Corn wrote:
Or saying that you see hentai for the plot. No one believes it

Depends on the hentai's plot, honestly. I've seen hentai that has some good plot to it. But then, I stopped watching Hentai. But, like with Markiplier, I'm sure nobody will believe me.

But Huniepop is really not a game you play for the sex. It doesn't sound that good, anyway, and I might as well just go off and play a Kasumi rape flashgame. Much more movement and all.

C-A

PS: My husband warned me of an interactive sex scene in Heavy Rain if I go down a certain route. Thank you for the warning... though I still haven't touched the game, despite owning it for weeks now.

You know, a Mario game!

I can identify with not playing a game despite owning it for a while. I got Infamous 2 for Christmas back in 2015, and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. I want to wait until I beat the first game, but I haven't gotten around to playing that one much either.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I want to play Heavy Rain, cause the plot sounded interesting to me. But I'd need to unplug my WiiU and plug the PS3 in and I'm too lazy to do that right now.

C-A

I've felt worse.

dimentiorules wrote:
I can identify with not playing a game despite owning it for a while. I got Infamous 2 for Christmas back in 2015, and I still haven't gotten around to playing it. I want to wait until I beat the first game, but I haven't gotten around to playing that one much either.

That's probably a good idea. The beginning of inFamous 2 gives away the ending of the first game in the first cutscene.

Speaking of sequels, I said I was taking another look at ŌkamiDen back in December, and since then, I've only put enough time into it to finish the first dungeon. I think the biggest problem I'm having with it is that it just feels like an attempt to recreate the original on weaker hardware. I just see the same locations, the same characters, and gameplay that just feels stiff compared to Ōkami. I get it, the DS isn't nearly as powerful as a PS2 and they want to show that it can be done, but here's the thing: they're trying to recreate a PS2 game on a DS. Instead of a new product, it just feels like an inferior version of the original.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Little Nightmares is fucking weird. Like, you do sort of get the story, but it also feels like a chunk of it doesn't make sense, unless you have read supplementary reading material... and, well, we know how I feel about THOSE.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Little Nightmares is fucking weird. Like, you do sort of get the story, but it also feels like a chunk of it doesn't make sense, unless you have read supplementary reading material... and, well, we know how I feel about THOSE.

C-A

That's how I feel about NieR: Automata, but replace supplementary reading material with supplementary stage play.

Gettin' Old!

I'd love to pick up Nier Automata and give myself over to its existential qualms but I think I'm gonna be pretty wrapped up in FFXIV:Stormblood for a while....

even if they are nerfing my main class...
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
but I think I'm gonna be pretty wrapped up in FFXIV:Stormblood for a while....

even if they are nerfing my main class...

For once, it feels good to be a dragoon main. :redd:
Though I think I might go into Stormblood as a Dark Knight. Instant queue times can be rather tempting.
Quote:
I'd love to pick up Nier Automata and give myself over to its existential qualms

I went into N:A only knowing that the main theme was existentialism, but playing it gave me a few different ideas that I'm not sure were intended.
Spoiler: spoilers up the wazoo
As I understand it, existentialism is a counterpoint to nihilism, saying that if life and the world is meaningless, then life an invitation for humans to decide what has meaning. And during the first two routes, the game does show this well. The ending of Route A left me thinking "that was fun, but the story seems kinda underdeveloped." But as I went through Route B, it was revealed that the cause that YoRHa has been fighting for is completely meaningless: humanity has been extinct for thousands of years (though apparently anyone who played the first game knew that this was a given). This had me thinking about the events in a new perspective. What really made the androids different from the machines? They were both AI controlled bodies capable of individual thought and self reflection. Is one of them really any more human than the other? And of course the [A] ending felt underdeveloped, it was a shallow victory that doesn't bring you closer to any goal. This is where the second half of the game begins... and things get a bit complicated.
The short version is that everything goes to shit, everyone that 9S loves dies, and everyone's existence is nothing more than a cheap joke set up by the machine network because they just want a never ending war. Hell, the network lured 9S into their own base just to tell him upfront that he and the rest of YoRHa was rigged to die by a series of needlessly complicated circumstances. It was at this point that I felt the game veered into Darkness Induced Audience Apathy. This isn't so much of a meaningless existence as it is an existence designed to be horrible. This isn't finding meaning in a meaningless world, it's pitting your own meaning against the cruel guy in power. In the end, it wasn't that different from the obligatory higher being in a JRPG and we all know we haven't had enough of that.. That's not even bringing up the body count in the sidequests alone. Searching for survivors? They're dead. Misblamed defectors? Kill them. Machine who gotta go fast wants to test his speed? Kills himself at the end.
If existentialism says that there is no god, NieR: Automata says that god wants to feed off of your suffering.

All that said, NieR: Automata is still a fun game. The combat has just the right amount of fluidity, and most of the bosses are damn satisfying. My one complaint is that as the game went on, I could never find that balance of challenging but not soul crushing.
That, and don't get the PC port unless you have a really good PC, or are willing to install a fan mod just to reduce the settings.

Also,
Earlier, I wrote:
Also I want to test my theory that there is a correlation between Erica Lindbeck voicing a character and that character having a tragic past.

Three times I have tested this. Three times it has not failed me. I'm on a roll, here. And I'm totally not cherry picking my sample size.

Maybe it's me, but I feel like Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't as... fun as the first one.

C-A

My post will contain spoilers for the old Final Fantasy games!

"It's one of the most shocking and iconic scenes in gaming history: halfway through Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth stabs the totally crushworthy flower girl — and Cetra badass — Aeris in the back with his scimitar, killing her instantly. This wasn't the usual RPG "death," where they're technically just "KO'd" until you Phoenix Down them back to consciousness. This death was the real deal — a bold, rare move for a video game in 1997."

1. That's a katana, not a scimitar. Completely different swords.
2. Remember Galuf from Final Fantasy V? And Tellah from Final Fantasy IV? And Minwu from Final Fantasy II? And General Leo from Final Fantasy VI? Aerith was not the first FF character to be 'really' killed off in her game. She's just the one everyone makes out to be the most important and saddest, to which I have to say, I cried over fucking Cid dying in Final Fantasy VI! And that was actually optional!

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Honestly, the only thing that sets Aerith's death apart from the other examples you gave out, Cat, is that up until that point, she is a permanent party member and once she dies, you lose all the progress you made with her. For someone going into the game blind, using her, and having that happen, I could see that as crushing. The others were only temporary party members you didn't need to worry about working on or, in the case of Galuf, Krile pretty much took on his role so no loss.

But yeah, I never understand why her death was held in such high regards when the FF series in particular has been doing it for quite some time prior. Heck, FF2 pretty much killed nearly everyone who was in your fourth party slot. And I won't lie, I got more emotion from losing Galuf when I first played FF5 over losing Aerith my first time.

Also, it's so hard typing in Aerith. I know it's more accurate over Aeris, but I much prefer Aeris as saying Aerith just sounds like I have a bad lisp.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

Quote:
Remember Galuf from Final Fantasy V?

I just started FFV yesterday, so at least now I know who not to keep my equipment on.
...As soon as I figure out where to go after reaching the first town, because if someone gave step by step instructions on where to go, I probably pressed A too quickly.
Edit: Found it. I'm either really bad with directions or I'm just too lazy to explore, and I think it's probably the latter.

Sumguy, you don't need to worry about that at all. FF5 is super nice in that you won't lose equipment or skills you work on for Galuf at all. Just play as you normally would. Everything you work on with him will all get transferred over to another character later on.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
Sumguy, you don't need to worry about that at all. FF5 is super nice in that you won't lose equipment or skills you work on for Galuf at all. Just play as you normally would. Everything you work on with him will all get transferred over to another character later on.

Yeah I suppose it's all about the permanent loss of some investment that might make Aeris' death a bit more special. I think the scene and following fight is quite nice in general. That or maybe it's the romantic connection that will shock some people, depending on how they talked with Aeris she might have been the main love interest for them at that point.

(Also that source calls her a "Cetra badass"? "Badass" is not what I'd describe her as at all.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

dullahan1 wrote:
But yeah, I never understand why her death was held in such high regards when the FF series in particular has been doing it for quite some time prior. Heck, FF2 pretty much killed nearly everyone who was in your fourth party slot. And I won't lie, I got more emotion from losing Galuf when I first played FF5 over losing Aerith my first time.

Actually, there were moments where Aerith wasn't in your party. If I had to pick the top reasons why I think Aerith's death is not shocking it would be...
1. It's made blatantly obvious that it will happen. The shock value is gone. The sudden occurence of it is not there and it comes across like a necessary ritual, not the sudden death that they intended.
2. She is a Cetra and the last of her kind. And, frankly, I think THAT is mostly shown about her before she dies. I barely know anything about Aerith the person herself and am only told about Aerith the Cetra; Aerith the one who has these powers supposedly; Aerith the One who will bring us all to Paradise and bla bla bla. She isn't portrayed as a proper character, just this... symbol.

Yeah, Galuf was... quite something. As said, I cried more over Cid dying in FF VI. And it got worse when you learn that THE PLAYER is the one that actually causes it.

Quote:
I just started FFV yesterday, so at least now I know who not to keep my equipment on.

If you were to do that, you would highly regret it. Galuf is a good party member and, unlike Aerith, you do find out about him as a person.

Quote:
Yeah I suppose it's all about the permanent loss of some investment that might make Aeris' death a bit more special. I think the scene and following fight is quite nice in general. That or maybe it's the romantic connection that will shock some people, depending on how they talked with Aeris she might have been the main love interest for them at that point.

Cait Sith died earlier and, boom, we had another one. Yeah, give us a replacement for the obnoxious robot. I think my only annoyance with Aerith's death was that I had used her for the White Mage role of materia. But I never saw Aerith much as a love interest for Cloud in VII. It just... I don't know, it might be because I played Crisis Core first, but I just saw nothing happening there.
Cloud acts the entire time like he doesn't care about her and Aerith comes across like she is projecting Zack onto Cloud.
And who wants a relationship where your significant other keeps seeing you as someone else?
Even the golden saucer thing between them seemed... very non-romantic. At least Yuffie gave him a kiss...

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Cait Sith died earlier and, boom, we had another one. Yeah, give us a replacement for the obnoxious robot. I think my only annoyance with Aerith's death was that I had used her for the White Mage role of materia. But I never saw Aerith much as a love interest for Cloud in VII. It just... I don't know, it might be because I played Crisis Core first, but I just saw nothing happening there.
Cloud acts the entire time like he doesn't care about her and Aerith comes across like she is projecting Zack onto Cloud.
And who wants a relationship where your significant other keeps seeing you as someone else?
Even the golden saucer thing between them seemed... very non-romantic. At least Yuffie gave him a kiss...

Well the first interaction you have with Aeris is really her offering you a date in exchange for protection. I mean...that's a romance tale as old as chivalry. It was enough, though I think I got Tifa on my playthrough of 7 for the scene.

Though yeah maybe playing Crisis Core first would have adjusted some of that for you.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Uurgh, I'm so mad at myself~! My Omega Ruby nuzlocke is going well; I made it to the trainer at Jagged Pass who has a Hariyama that will eventually use Belly Drum. I switch in to my Combusken to use Peck, but I accidentaly click once too often and use Flame Charge. I lost my Combusken, I lost my Machoke that had just recently evolved...! And I lost my Kirlia just minutes earlier because a freaking Koffing exploded on it!

And in Lavaridge, I put them in the boxes: those were my FIRST losses of this Nuzlocke! I made through almost half the game without one of my Pokémon fainting! Argh...! I switched the Steel-Flying bird in, as well as a Spoink I just got and got the Egg from the old lady. And why does freaking Gyarados seem to only learn complete crap once you evolve it? Where's the good stuff? Where's a water move? Up to now, I have had no electric or grass moves/pokémon.

C-A

What bugs me most about Aerith is I felt she actually had some personality in FF7. Yeah, she had the whole symbol thing going for her, but she was playful and a bit spunky at times. Honestly, Tifa felt like the more demure one out of the two for me. But everything outside of the game she's from, she's presented as this holier than thou super saintly figure who comes across as super composed, super demure, and super pure. Essentially super imposing one part of herself that she had in her native game while forgetting the other aspects of her character all together.

Then again, pretty much every character from FF7 suffered from the same fate in that regard. Emo Cloud should have never been a thing. Still baffles me how you go from being a snarky and sarcastic character who doesn't really give a care, to a character that, in the end, becomes a go-getter and gives a care, and then plastering him as your emo poster boy in every subsequent appearance after that.

Stuff like this really worries me about how character portrayal will be done with the remake. I'd like to see the original characters rather than the shoddy caricatures they've become. Granted, FF7 is far from my favorite, the characters are far from the best thing ever, but they are leagues above what they became in any of the compilation stuff, and from my limited experience, their portrayals in the KH series.

As for the romantic aspect, I never saw Aerith and Cloud as a thing. To me, she was into the Zack-Cloud and she was projecting her first boyfriend onto him, though to be fair, Cloud was pretty much Zack 2.0 for the longest time, albeit, a messed up one. With the shoddy writing, though some of that may attribute to bad translation as well, the romance in 7 for me always fell real flat. If I had to go with a couple in the FF series that I felt was done right and progressed naturally, I'd easily go with Zidane and Garnet any day. At least with those two, there's natural character growth and it's not all shoved into my face.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Cloud never struck me as a Zack-alike. After all, Zack was likeable. Nah, I think Cloud was more a weird mix of Sephiroth and what he thought a 1st Class Soldier would act like - the "Whatever" attitude and snotty part. In turn, Zack was funny, bright and liked to joke. He had an ambition (wanting to be a hero), but unlike Snow, he never constantly referred to himself as one - even at the end of the game, he merely asks, "Did I become a hero?" which just makes me cry harder. Honestly, I would love to see what would happen if Zack was actually alive and a playable character in VII. See how he and Cloud play off each other with Cloud acting so differently. (The only Cloud I like is the one in Crisis Core, where he is just a sweet kid in over his head)

As for Aerith, I can see what you mean. But I think in Crisis Core, she's portrayed as somewhat shy, though she has no trouble telling Zack off for stepping on the flowers, and a little insecure when it comes to interacting with people. And in VII, she's more open and spunky, which I like to think came about by her interactions (relationship) with Zack. He helped her open up, so to speak.

C-A

PS: Aerith's Theme on guitar (in Crisis Core) is better than on piano (original).

That's fair. I mean, all I'm really aware of about Cloud is what I've seen in FF7 and Advent Children. I've had no desire to even touch upon the Compilation as I've had no interest in it.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Only part of the Compilation I dealt with was Crisis Core. And while I absolutely love Zack and how it focuses on him, I think they should have done a very different story - I have nothing against Gackt, but his ink-suit character (...can't even remember his name right now) is pointless and annoying. I would have preferred had they written about the Wutai War or something else. Not a minor rehash of Sephy's story. Though the ending still makes me cry. Price of Freedom FTW.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Been playing Breath of the Wild. I like it, at least so far. It's just... in previous Zelda games, while Link's companions would blurt out obvious things, they weren't fully voice-acted. If Navi said something I already know, I could just press A and get on with it. Here, giving a voice to the companion arguably made her more annoying than all of the previous companions combined. "You need a map so you don't get lost." Yes, that is the purpose of a map. "You need to activate four more terminals." I didn't even know I was supposed to activate terminals, let me figure this out. "That spear has a long reach." Yeah. No shit. It's a spear. That's what spears do.

sumguy28 wrote:
Been playing Breath of the Wild. I like it, at least so far. It's just... in previous Zelda games, while Link's companions would blurt out obvious things, they weren't fully voice-acted. If Navi said something I already know, I could just press A and get on with it. Here, giving a voice to the companion arguably made her more annoying than all of the previous companions combined. "You need a map so you don't get lost." Yes, that is the purpose of a map. "You need to activate four more terminals." I didn't even know I was supposed to activate terminals, let me figure this out. "That spear has a long reach." Yeah. No shit. It's a spear. That's what spears do.

I don't know what companion you are talking about, since your 'companion' for the game is the sheikah slate. And that ain't talkin'. If you mean when you enter the divine beasts, yeah, well. Just wait until you get to the Rito one - fucker keeps mocking you.
As for the maps, I have severe issues with 3D thinking, so the stupid divine beasts maps STILL confused the hell out of me.

C-A

PS: Zelda in that game sucks, since she's such a disappointment...

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

I don't know what companion you are talking about, since your 'companion' for the game is the sheikah slate. And that ain't talkin'. If you mean when you enter the divine beasts, yeah, well. Just wait until you get to the Rito one - fucker keeps mocking you.
As for the maps, I have severe issues with 3D thinking, so the stupid divine beasts maps STILL confused the hell out of me.

C-A

PS: Zelda in that game sucks, since she's such a disappointment...

Well, I can't be disappointed if I'm not expecting anything to begin with. :think:
At least for the Zora beast, the map really didn't serve it's purpose. The area is already small enough and the map itself doesn't bother to offer a distinction between rooms, floors, and inaccessible space. At best, it can give you a general location of the objectives with respect to the whole structure, and even that wasn't really needed.. Though I have to admit, I liked the puzzles there... well, most of them.

Happy Maria

After a lot of retrospecting on Danganronpa, I've finally come to my own conclusion on the series.

It's entertaining.

Not good, not bad, just....entertaining.

Thanks, DKO

I don't think Dual Destinies is as without redemption as people think. Sure, its one of the worst games in the franchise, but we got a handful of good and likable characters -- Jinxie Tenma, Myriam Solidsnake I mean Scuttlebutt, Yuri Cosmos -- and I personally found 5-2 to, despite all of the issues with suspect pools and general culprits that are universal among Dual Destinies cases, be among my absolute favorite Ace Attorney cases.

Happy Maria

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
I don't think Dual Destinies is as without redemption as people think. Sure, its one of the worst games in the franchise, but we got a handful of good and likable characters -- Jinxie Tenma, Myriam Solidsnake I mean Scuttlebutt, Yuri Cosmos -- and I personally found 5-2 to, despite all of the issues with suspect pools and general culprits that are universal among Dual Destinies cases, be among my absolute favorite Ace Attorney cases.

That certainly is true. I finished replaying it a while back but I forgot how enjoyable it was. First case is still bleh, but 5-2 and Reclaimed have some genuinely good twists. 5-3 is more or less there, I guess, and 5-4 is just a setup for 5-5, but the final case is also pretty entertaining.

I still will continue debating with myself though whether is this deserves to be above AAI in my personal list or not.

Gettin' Old!

Socot wrote:
After a lot of retrospecting on Danganronpa, I've finally come to my own conclusion on the series.

It's entertaining.

You seemed pretty positive on it before.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Socot wrote:

It's entertaining.

You seemed pretty positive on it before.

Yeah, I did a lot of retrospecting on the subject.

Fact of the matter is that its sequel made me realise that the original wasn't that great. In fact, the middle act was terrible. Hell, the only reason I preferred the sequel over the original was its ending, but now that I think about it DR2's ending made no goddamn sense. I watched AE so I don't have much to say on the gameplay. Its story was...passable for an action game.

This is pretty much an overview of my thoughts:

•The story is a clustered mess. It's only really there as a driving force for the setup. It makes no sense. I'd go into further details but...spoilers.

•The characters are in the end, just stereotypes. Sure, there are a few entertaining characters, but in the end, they're still only stereotypes. It makes it somewhat hard to really care about any of them, and the motives for the killers are just an added bonus. It's like in DD. You capture the criminal and then they give their super tragic backstory before they go die a horrible death. And the bad characters...are really bad. There're just some characters who only exist for unnecessary fanservice, which I hate, mainly because everyone's still in their teens. I came to this series for murder mysteries, not high school smut.

•The mysteries are idiotic. Obviously, the first case ones are simple, but a lot of the later cases are super simple to figure out. There are a few twists that surprised me, but only a few. And heck, a good deal of them come from the game concealing stuff from you. The sequel gets a bit better about it (you can't instantly figure out who the killer is upon discovering the crime scene), but once you figure out the pattern, it gets even easier than the first game.

•The presentation & music are pretty good, and leave a nice impression on you overall. They really do have a unique style that is easily associated with them.

•The class trials are by far the most entertaining part of the games. Like I said, the presentation is pretty good, and the music leaves a good impact. The voice actors also really shine here. Seriously, I wouldn't like certain characters so much if it weren't for their voice actors. The gameplay is...alright. I like doing how they tried to make their gameplay more distinct compared to Ace Attorney, but imo, only the Nonstop Debates, the Rebuttal Showdowns, and very rarely Hangman's Gambit really work for the theme. The rest are just pretty arbitrary. Hangman's Gambit is only good when you can't give the answer through evidence and such, but a good deal of the time you do have evidence. Logic Dive would be alright except that's it's a weird ...snowboarding game? Seriously, this shouldn't be in a trial at all. At least AA mini games usually fit the theme right. This is just some random game the developers made and decided to throw in there. You don't even get a proper chance to really think through your decision, and often end up winning by sheer luck. And don't even get me started on the block game in v3 and the DDR sections.

•Oh, yeah, the Dating Sim segments. I have a confession to make. I never did a single FTE and I don't think doing one with a victim/killer would really have made a difference to the progression in the story. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't particularly find dating sims very enjoyable.

Anyway, despite all its flaws, I do stand by what I said. In the end, DR is entertaining. It's fun to replay and all, and I still will buy v3 when it comes out in the hopes that it'll actually be good. But for the time being? Meh. Play AA or ZE, imo.

also happy 14K Pierre

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

The FTE's have another purpose. Doing them can unlock items that will make your life a little bit easier during class trials.

Happy Maria

TheDoctor wrote:
The FTE's have another purpose. Doing them can unlock items that will make your life a little bit easier during class trials.

I guess, yeah. Problem is I don't have enough patience to undergo all this dating sim crap and so I just sleep the days away. I guess that made the trials harder for me in retrospect (especially that damn rhythm minigame).

Also, 'another purpose'? Do you mean that the FTEs make a difference in the story? Do they at least change a line or two in the main story?

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

The other purpose was the items I mentioned. Aside from that, the only thing is that you get some more backstory on the characters.

Happy Maria

Do these backstories affect any lines? Do they provide even minute foreshadowing?
Page 98 of 103 [ 4090 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 103  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station