Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 22 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

"Hmmmm, I think Trinity is hiding something but I don't think she was the killer. She is the only person we've heard of involved in this crime, and absolutely nothing was found on her. Doesn't that seem...too easy?"

"I don't know if you're trying to be coy Fauna, but let's just be honest, Jen lives around there and seems to have motive, so I wouldn't really call Trinity the only suspect," Chanel says.

"Plus, you know, Admin 4 existed and all that."

Gettin' Old!

"I'm not sure I'd be making comparisons to admins if I were you Mari, considerin' how twisted yer counterpart was." Marley said

"Speaking of which, care to tell us more about yersel Fauna? Should be your turn next as admin but ah'll admit I can barely tell you and Mari apart since yer both scientists which is about all we know. Could be handy to know goin' into next round."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

"Shouldn't Cube be n-next?"
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

"Uh oh Marley, you accidently let slip that you know Cube doesn't have an admin counterpart, how embarrassing. Also, Admin 5 seemed pretty cool. She knew how to make the game engaging, while not making it too dire or exhausting." It's uncertain with how much irony Chanel says those words, but it is obvious by looking at her smirk that her enjoyment of last round was partially genuine.

"As for Fauna, I suppose I should let her mostly speak for herself since I don't know a ton of stuff about her that would be interesting to tell you guys. She's my apprentice, and she was sort of a prodigy. She was 19 when she started. Beyond that, I can't recall anything else relevant."

"Not much to add beyond that. I worked hard, and earned my place. Any other details don't seem to be relevant. If you wanna mention what we talked about in the education room, you can be my guest but I don't think it'd be too helpful."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Sure, I'll tell you about the crime scene, why not? The victim was killed with a knife in an alley. We questioned Trinity - whose name I know - but nothing came out of it. She was questioned because she was unusually near the crime scene, but after questioning her I stopped following the case 'cause I had more important matters to attend." Jen said.

"If you actually think I killed a low-ranking Caulderwood like that,you're grasping at straws."

Gettin' Old!

A confused expression passed Marley's face as he tried to look around the room. Nodding to himself he continued "While ah appreciate dat you think I know enough to let slip stuff ah actually just forgot yer numbers and assumed Fauna was next cuz you guys were so similar," he chuckled.

"Wonder what a Caulderwoods puzzles will be like..." He mused "If anythin' it'll be more interesting once we get to Jack and Iota's rounds to see if they have admins or whether they've disappeared much like Zero 'as here."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"Anything particular about the knife? Combat? Glass? Blunt?"

"It was a blunt combat knife, also quite degraded. Snapped in half pretty easily too. It's similiar to what he had on him."

"That's if you mean Jack's knife. The knife used to kill the Caulderwood was a standard knife, even though it wasn't found, the kind of knife can be deduced from the wound. It's the kind of knife a gang member would have on them."

"Given that the wound was probably from a gang weapon, why focus the investigation on Trinity in spite of that?" Chanel ponders.

"Trinity wasn't questioned as a suspect but as a potential witness. It's not a gang weapon per se, it's just the typical knife that a gang member would carry around in a country where the dangerous kind of knives are illegal. Point is anyone could have a knife like that if they wanted to, but it's a knife that's meant to be used as a weapon and not a tool, hence the 'knife a gang member would carry around'. Hope that clears it up."

"Yeah that's helpful. I guess I get it. I mean obviously the incident is something Zero wanted us to know about here, but it seems like from what you're saying that nobody understands specifics at all."

"And look. You have to understand that we're forced to take a lot of what you say about this incident at face value, and sure your motivation is weak, but it's stronger than everybody else's. You're in a great position to deceive us on this subject."

"That said, as far as I know, you've been straight up with us," Chanel shrugs.

"I haven't lied once in this game so far, but I guess you're right. You have no reason to trust me other than the fact I'm a policewoman, I'll give you that much."

Gettin' Old!

Marley let out a puff of smoke

"Except for the part where you went along with Faunas deception to accuse Trin...that probably counts as a lie." He interjected calmly. "In any case ah don' see how dat murder case helps us escape. Wha's more important is we stay calm and not murder each other s'well as we can."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Accuse Trinity? It was more like me trying to find something out, but sure, you've got a point. My bad." Jen adjusted herself in the seat.

"It may not help you escape, but it can help you understand what's going on. Especially since we really don't know a lot about this place. I wish we would have opened the Administration door so we could have kicked the Admin's ass if she was in there."

"Sorry, Marley. Next time I'll make sure to just stand around blankly and do nothing but say 'It wasn't me.'"

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded "You may as well have. All yer gambit achieved was putting Trinity at risk." He mulled it over with a few puffs of smoke. "Ah mean if it was a bluff then you probably wanted to pressure her into slippin' up right? Does that mean ya do suspect 'er of pushing the button?" He shrugged "Guess if ya did that then it wouldn't really matter if she got killed to you den cuz she'd 'ave been the traitor in yer eyes anyway aye?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"So, if the Caulderwoods killed the Liddells to capture Jack, does what we saw in the vault mean that they were unsuccessful?" Chanel asks.

"I said as much to Jen way earlier that the only event we know of before the massacre is the discovery of Jack, so that's the only event that we see as an origin for the massacre, and clearly the Liddells had him."

1000% Knight

"Didn't Daniel survived the m-massacre by staying in the vault? That'd imply the Caulderwoods d-didn't make it in there, right?"

Gettin' Old!

Marley turned his head to Turbo...now his only neighbour "Ah guess maybe with the rest of the family dead the Caulderwoods considered the debt paid...or they made their money back looting the rest of the mansion." He suggested "Definitely didnae touch the vault if Danny survived there."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Turbo shrugged helplessly. "I have no idea, most of this stuff you're all talking about - the Liddells having Jack and Daniel hiding in a vault and so on - is news to me. I just assumed you all talked about this during the last round while I wasn't here..."

"I remember the massacre happening because of a family conflict, not because of Jack. Then again, I didn't really know much about this back then." Jen observed.

"If they hid Daniel inside the vault then they probably knew the Caulderwoods wouldn't reach the Vault, which seems unlikely with all the puzzles here. I think this is a recreation of the actual manor, but not the manor itself, which has to be somewhere else. The Jack we saw in there is probably the true Jack while ours either came from a different history or isn't Jack at all. As for Iota, it's very likely he is Daniel Liddell in my eyes. He probably doesn't want to speak of his past because of his foster mother. Or maybe he just doesn't remember his past?" Jen pondered.

"Still very strange Iota just vanished into the land of nothingness."

"Iota hasn't vanished into nothingness, there's three realities, or timelines as we have called them. During the game, we seem to be cycling through three different realities represented by the tattoos we have. In one reality our tattoos read C0, in the second they read C1, and in the third, they read C2. Rounds, 1 and 4 were in the first, rounds 2 and 5 were in the second, and round 3 was in the third. After the lynching period at the end of round 4, we switched realities from the first to the second. Iota vanished because he never returned to the elevator in this reality: he's lying face down in the pool right now. We have three lives, but we only have one life in each reality," Chanel explains,

"Or at least, that's what it seems like so far."

Gettin' Old!

Marley paused cigarette paused at his lips "Aye...'e still 'ad a life left ah think but his absence might be explainable...likely his corpse is somewhere else if 'es dead here. That said..." He turned his head to look over towards the empty chairs on his left. "If ah'm right we'll have a Smoky Jack sitting in that chair next round so brace yersel' fer that" he grunted shuddering at the thought.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Marley nodded "You may as well have. All yer gambit achieved was putting Trinity at risk." He mulled it over with a few puffs of smoke. "Ah mean if it was a bluff then you probably wanted to pressure her into slippin' up right? Does that mean ya do suspect 'er of pushing the button?" He shrugged "Guess if ya did that then it wouldn't really matter if she got killed to you den cuz she'd 'ave been the traitor in yer eyes anyway aye?"

"Not like it warrants further discussion, but it's not just getting Trinity to slip up. The whole affair made me more suspicious of Chanel as the culprit. Think about it, the button presser would know I'm lying if it wasn't Trinity right? So what would be the best way to react." Fauna shrugged. "Not that I'd expect you to give me an ounce of credit. And once again, nobody was put in danger because we can't use our actions this phase."

Gettin' Old!

"As ah've already said, the rules seem a bit flexible here. Besides who knows what's going on now Zero doesn' seem ta be around to enforce em." Marley said flicking another cigarette away.

"Anyways ah'll give you plenty o'credit...but ye keep spending it on little tantrums and assumin' ah'm against ye. Ah already said ah can't vote fer any of ye in good conscience." He paused to light a fresh cigarette shaking the flame out as he stowed his lighter again. "Though ah am interested in hearing more about how ye think yer bluff gives ye reason to suspect Mari."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Let's assume Mari pushed the button. I suddenly accuse Trinity and say I saw her, so what does she think? She knows I'm lying and it's a trick, so she can't bandwagon onto my claim and say it was Trinity to seem suspicious. She also can't say I'm lying because that means she knows who pushed the button. So I'd expect someone in her situation to just stay quiet, which she did. It's not much, but it gave me enough at least to suspect Mari over Trinity rather than it being 50/50. I'm not voting for Mari over it but hey, what else do we got?"

Shy guy

A sudden shaking as the elevator springs to life heralds the next phase change. The small voting computers are locked down, and the elevator begins to rise, complete with the usual feelings of vertigo. Everyone becomes tense... but it appears no-one is to be punished this round.

As people expected, Jack and Iota reappear in their seats. However, both are slumped and unresponsive. Jack isn't a smoking corpse like Marley predicted, but it is likely that he's dead. And it seems this might be the case for Iota as well - when Marley tries to take his pulse, he can't feel anything.

Two doors open for this round, requirements rewritten as before. To the 'north' is a picture of a hero fighting a monster that appears to have taken them by surprise, with a requirement of "Body: 12, Spirit: 12". To the 'west' is a picture of an adventurer stuck inside an Escheresque maze, going a little crazy as they try to figure out how to progress; this requires “Mind: 12”. The players begin to discuss how they should split up to tackle this next set of rooms.

[Phase change will be Tuesday 18:00 GMT]
Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Door Phase)Topic%20Title

"Alright, Marley. Who do you want to go with, Turbo or Fauna? We've got to take one of them through the Escher door. That's our two choices I think."

Gettin' Old!

Marley frowned at Iota and reached over and gently began poking the side of his face. Hoping to stir any reaction from him, but after checking the pulse Marley lifted his hat off in a small moment of silence "Well least' it ain' a f***in' smokin corpse lik' ah feart. Looks pretty peaceful now..." he said solemnly giving the two bodies on his left a sympathetic look, before remembering that Jack was a maniac and returning his attention to the present.

"Seems we all managed to keep it together enough no ta kill each otha. Guess ah'm happy with that but wish some of dese choices weren' so bloody difficult. Fightin' monsters looks bloody dangerous but dere's no escape in most of em...Essha paintin's right?" he sulked lighting up a fresh cigarette. "Ah mean...ah'd rather go Turbo since one of you, Fauna or Trinity tried to betray the res' of us last time. Might not know which one but...you know what ah mean, bedder safe dan sorry right? Isn' there otha options though?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"I think it might be b-better to have Turbo fight the monsters and Fauna solve the m-maze," Trinity suggested. "Besides... In the kitchen, they were forced to k-kill someone in their own room, but in the security room we had the o-opportunity to kill people in the other r-room, so you can't tell beforehand whether being in t-the same room as the 'traitor' is better or not."

1000% Knight

"Also... Does anyone know why Iota is d-dead? He was lynched in C0, and Mari k-killed him in the pool in C1, but... nothing happened to him in C2, r-right?" Trinity asked as she checked her tattoo.

Shy guy

Trinity, and the other players too, see that their tattoo's all contain C2.

"As to why Iota is dead, I don't have a clue. Pretty sure he was alive in the alternate reality Fauna and I experienced. This would mean he went to another reality, got killed and then got sent back here in this phase."

"Well.. the next admin is the admin that would symbolize Turbo, right? So it would be expected that they would give us a wrestling-like puzzle." Jen remarked.

"Anyway, I have no preferences for doors or people. I don't think Fauna, Mari and Trinity would be brave enough to pull more shit."

"My impression is that the lynch has to work no matter what, but prefers to kill you in the round immediately following the vote, which is why we've seen empty chairs get electrocuted when we change realities. If you would be dead in the next round already, you're killed in the round after that."

Gettin' Old!

Marley shook his head "Nah Jen, this is Cube's turn as admin. Turbo was the second one who forced someone to die in that game you played where ya killed Jack." he said shuffling nervously "An' all tha same...seems clear dere's no love lost between Fauna, Chanel an me. Ah'd really rather no run the risk of being left alone with em." he said with a nervous laugh.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Anyway.. this is the third floor, right? So our wrists should say C3, am I correct in assuming that much?" Jen seemed to ask everyone in the room.

1000% Knight

"Hm... That'd make sense. I g-guess we'll see when we get to the next round," Trinity said in response to Mari.

She then answered Jen, "Zero said that the C meant how many floors we c-cleared, but... I don't think that was actually true. We have the three 'r-realities' C0, C1, and C2, and I don't think our t-tattoos are changing in them.

"Anyway, what if Mari, Fauna, and Marley g-go in the maze door, and Turbo, Jen, Cube, and I go in the hero door?"
Page 22 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus