Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 59 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

DGS2 in Famitsu 6/14: Case 3, cover art, Gina, VortexTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ahead of Famitsu's report on the third case this Friday, we've got a new magazine article coming on Wednesday!

This week's article features the key art for the game, as well as info on case 3 and the return of Gina and Vortex. Case 3 involves an explosion at the World's Fair that kills a gentleman taking part in an experiment; the scientist in charge, Benjamin Dovinbow (as always, thank Ash for the much better transliteration), is arrested.

More to come on Wednesday when the magazine releases!

UPDATE: Full scans:

Spoiler: Scans

Case 3 takes place during the World's Fair in London. German scientist Benjamin Dovinbow has come to the fair to wow the crowd with a world-first piece of tech: a special cage that will teleport the cage - and whoever's inside - to the Crystal Tower. But when he throws the switch, there's a massive explosion, and the man taking part in the experiment is killed. There's just one strange thing: the body (and from the shot of the victim, the cage) actually did show up at the Crystal Tower! Chief Justice Vortex assigns Ryuu to the case, and he and Iris head out to investigate.

At the scene, Ryuu and Iris run into Gina, who's tagging along with Gregson as a detective-in-training. Or as she's very insistent on putting it: she's now _Inspector_ Lestrade! (Her dog is Inspector Toby.) At the trial, van Zieks calls a variety of witnesses, including a Bohemian boy Gotts who was visiting the World's Fair and witnessed the experiment from a flying balloon. We also get our first look at a new jury and two other unnamed witnesses. The game also confirms the return of the "Questioning" sytem when there are multiple witnesses on the stand, though that wasn't really in doubt.

Finally, we get a look at the DLC costumes for the game! Susato and Ryuu have costumes designed for them by Iris, while Holmes has... uh, a self-designed "Eastern outfit". Okay, Holmes...

[Court-Records is looking for a copywriting manager!]

Update 2: Official art, as well as our first look at the DGS1+2 packaging:

Spoiler: Gigantic images

Update 3: High-res version of the DGS1&2 packaging, thanks to @hoso_boso:

Spoiler: Large image

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS2 in Famitsu 6/14: Case 3, key art, Gina, VortexTopic%20Title

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
the scientist in charge, Benjamin Dobinbo, is arrested.

Dovenbow sounds kinda English, and looks more posh than the actual meaning of the name: do-binbo means "super-poor".
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Happy Maria

Whoa, new cover art! Mr. Phantom over on the top left looks super suspicious.

And Gina looks completely different now! She even has a doggy!

I wonder if the gentleman is someone super important.

Also, I think I know who the killer is here.

The new cover art looks interesting, wonder what role those new characters will play.

Also I couldn't have been the only one who read the title as "Gina Vortex" and was really confused about what that implied, right?
Signature loading, please wait...

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Oh wow, that is a spiffy cover image! I wonder who that masked man is...?

Gina looks real neat as well! If that new suit means what I think it means then that will be very neat.

Also, death by SCIENCE?! Honestly I'm surprised the series took this long for that to actually happen.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Ace Fangirl

Good grief, that key art is FULL of mysterious gentlemen I don't recognize. I think one of them is Souseki? But the others... fff.... Who are these people? Is the one standing with his back to the camera all dramatically Gregson? If so, what's he got to be so shady about?

The most intriguing one has to be that man who looks like a younger Dr Watson (right above Sherlock, between Souseki and Iris), right?

Ace Fangirl

I noticed that, but at the same time that guy looks a little like the dead guy from case 3 (except with less ruffles and no glasses).

元・超会社員級の管理人

Manecleis wrote:
The most intriguing one has to be that man who looks like a younger Dr Watson (right above Sherlock, between Souseki and Iris), right?

Meowzy wrote:
I noticed that, but at the same time that guy looks a little like the dead guy from case 3 (except with less ruffles and no glasses).

That's what I thought, but someone pointed out that it looks a lot like Yuujin!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Happy Maria

Meowzy wrote:
Good grief, that key art is FULL of mysterious gentlemen I don't recognize. I think one of them is Souseki? But the others... fff.... Who are these people? Is the one standing with his back to the camera all dramatically Gregson? If so, what's he got to be so shady about?

Spoiler: DGS-5
Remember, he was the guy in charge of keeping all those telegrams safe. He was even on it for some reason. So I think it's safe to say he'll play an important role later in the game.

Bolt Storm wrote:
Manecleis wrote:

Meowzy wrote:

Oh, that's right, I didn't even think of him but I can totally see it now! I wonder if that's because of the western outfit, but he looks younger too.

Ace Fangirl

...oh my gosh, you're right!

Happy Maria

Bolt Storm wrote:
Manecleis wrote:

Meowzy wrote:

Isn't Yuujin the guy in the far back though? On the right.

Ace Fangirl

Is it? Looks like a different moustached guy to me. Though, I'm 90% sure that's the Japanese judge next to him, in the middle below Vortex, so it would make sense for Yuujin to be placed there.

I made an attempt at upscaling the size of the image without doing too much quality damage. Interesting stuff. Is that person in the white coat tugging on a glove (left side, near the masked guy) Egg Benedict without the token top hat, perhaps?

About the weird masked man...is he going to be related to Barok somehow? Their positions in the box art contrasting with each other seems to imply they will be opposed somehow...is this the Japanese friend from his backstory?

Can't wait to see the full res version once we get Famitsu scans or the website updates.
Is the girl bwetween Susato and Gina the defendant from case 1? Didn't expect her to be important, but she's quite prominent on the key art.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Added full scans to the first post. Translating now...

Wooster wrote:

Happy Maria

That is! The guy I thought was Yuujin is actually the victim of this case! You just can't see the monocle from here.

Also, hmmmmm, I wonder who the killer is, hmmmmmm

The new alternate costumes look super snazzy. Susato looks like freaking Darklaw in that outfit. Nice

Oh my gosh, teleportation death. Heck, the fact that it's a Faraday cage-based teleporter brings Tesla to mind. Are we in the Prestige now?

Also YES INSPECTOR LESTRADE. Okay, Detective-In-Training, but still.

Wow, this case looks really crazy so far. I mean, it's the World Fair so crazy's an inevitability, but wow I wanna know what's going on in this trial.

Those are some nice DLC outfits too.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Ace Fangirl

Southern Corn wrote:
That is! The guy I thought was Yuujin is actually the victim of this case! You just can't see the monocle from here.

Huh? Are we talking about the same guy? Because I don't see the victim of case 3 in the key art at all and the guy theorized to be Yuujin does still look an awful lot like him. (right next to Souseki. Bowler hat.)

Am I the only one who thinks the guy behind Barok looks an awful lot like him? Same hair and style of dress, just a slimmer face. And I think I see Watson on the opposite side, there. (and hellooo Japanese judge)

Also, sorry if this was answered before, but how do we get the DLC outfits? Are they pre-order only?

元・超会社員級の管理人

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
Oh my gosh, teleportation death. Heck, the fact that it's a Faraday cage-based teleporter brings Tesla to mind. Are we in the Prestige now?

...You know what, I think my brain waxed a bit poetic while summarizing. I don't see anything specifically saying it's a faraday cage, just that it's electricity-based teleportation. Updating the first post to fix that. :yogi:

It is very Tesla though! Tesla is even called out in the bonus column at the end showing DGS' influences.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
a Bohemian boy Gotz

Probably Gotts, as it's a reference to A Scandal in Bohemia (Gottsreich).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Bolt Storm wrote:
...You know what, I think my brain waxed a bit poetic while summarizing. I don't see anything specifically saying it's a faraday cage, just that it's electricity-based teleportation. Updating the first post to fix that. :yogi:

Eh, tomato tomahto.

Funnily enough, I checked Tesla's Wikipedia page, and he actually did live around this time period - he'd be around 45 at the time of DGS 2. Hmmm...

Still, how did the body get into the Crystal Tower? Actually, how did the teleporter end up at the Crystal Tower? That thing's gotta be big enough that it would be difficult to move it around without anyone noticing...though I guess that talk's better suited for the speculation thread.

Happy Maria

Yeah, the Japanese Judge is in the cover art. Weird.

Ace Fangirl

I actually figured he'd be important. I was replaying the first case of the first game a week or two ago, and noticed a lot of suspicious behavior in him near the very end of the trial.

Happy Maria

Uh huh. So I've been told.

Just looked at the DLC costumes again. I just realised how great Sherlock's outfit is. Truly..Asian. Also Ryu's outfit looks like Phoenix's concept art from the Layton crossover.

Regarding the killer,
Spoiler:
I thought it was Dmitri at first, but that seems too...obvious. So I think it's the second most obvious one, the guy with the robot hand.

Also who's the person at the back who resembles Nahyuta? And the person with s cleaver and a knife? Hmm

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
a Bohemian boy Gotz

Probably Gotts, as it's a reference to A Scandal in Bohemia (Gottsreich).

Knew it would be a reference, just didn't have time to look up which. Thanks as always, Ash.

Also updated the first post with higher-res scans.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
German scientist Benjamin Dovinbow

By the way, Dovenbow was my first guess for a British name, but if he's from the continent... Dovenboh or Dovinboh perhaps look more like Continental names (not German per se).

Hot damn. So many things

Box art looks nice, so many new characters. Calling it now, that girl next to Susato is definitely a Fey.

Jeez Gina, did you hit puberty between games? She looks so much older now (and her boobs seem to have gotten bigger :hotti:)

Why is Jezail Brett Jr. testifying with Wario? Also one of the jurors looks like Jezail without her mask.

I-Is that Nikola Tesla!? My hero in an AA game, my life is complete.

JacetheRantman wrote:
Box art looks nice, so many new characters. Calling it now, that girl next to Susato is definitely a Fey.

That's Haori Murasame, from Case 1.

JacetheRantman wrote:

Sadly, Nikola Tesla doesn't seem to be in the game (as far as we know). That part of the article is mainly on how Tesla's an influence on DGS (especially for this case).

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
JacetheRantman wrote:

That's Haori Murasame, from Case 1.

JacetheRantman wrote:

Sadly, Nikola Tesla doesn't seem to be in the game (as far as we know). That part of the article is mainly on how Tesla's an influence on DGS (especially for this case).

Damn, I really wanted Tesla to really make an appearance.

Haori does looks weirdly like a Fey though, doesn't she?

Sarcastic comments on request

Why is there a young Barok on Barok's left?

Flashback case seeming probable.
Melchett: Ah, Blackadder! Still talking to yourself, I see.
Blackadder: Yes, it's the only way I can be sure of intelligent conversation.

He, the Japanese judge and other 2 guys are all in similar positions, so I assume the flashbakc will involve all of them.

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

I'm willing to bet that the guy next to young Barok is his Japanese friend. But I'm sure the other guy is Watson.
Re: DGS2 in Famitsu 6/14: Case 3, cover art, Gina, VortexTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Added official art to the first post, including the DGS1+2 LE cover.

Wooster wrote:

Ace Fangirl

RedPotato wrote:
I'm willing to bet that the guy next to young Barok is his Japanese friend. But I'm sure the other guy is Watson.

I'm thinking the guy next to young Barok might be Asougi's dad. If I remember right, he was referenced in the first game and so, if we're doing a flashback case he's gotta be in it.

I guess the masked man is the Reaper that follows Barok and murders everyone who gets Not Guitly verdict. Also, how much time passed between DGS-5 and DGS2-3? Gina got out of jail fast.

Happy Maria

scarletcatnip wrote:
I guess the masked man is the Reaper that follows Barok and murders everyone who gets Not Guitly verdict. Also, how much time passed between DGS-5 and DGS2-3? Gina got out of jail fast.

Spoiler: D-5
I thought those deaths were confirmed as really bad accidents though

scarletcatnip wrote:

Gina was 17 in DGS1 and now is probably 18? There is no big time skip between the games.

Happy Maria

I thought she was 15?
Page 1 of 2 [ 59 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes