Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 59 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: DGS2 in Famitsu 6/14: Case 3, cover art, Gina, VortexTopic%20Title

Southern Corn wrote:
I thought she was 15?

Both the AA wiki and court-records.net say she's 17 in DGS1. You could also check a gameplay video and hope they open the court-record section with her profile.

Mia Payne

Oh yay! More character re-use, because that's what I like in Ace Attorney, the same witnesses over and over. THAT WAS SARCASM BTW

I have a feeling this game will be better than DGS, but still an absolute trainwreck

Ace Fangirl

Are you saying you didn't want Gina and Vortex, who are pretty much main characters, to make an appearance in this game? There's a difference between character reuse for the sake of being lazy and having a character return for development/plot, you know.

Mia Payne

Meowzy wrote:
Are you saying you didn't want Gina and Vortex, who are pretty much main characters, to make an appearance in this game? There's a difference between character reuse for the sake of being lazy and having a character return for development/plot, you know.

Vortex is not who I am refering to, he's used well.
Spoiler: DGS1
Literally have the Sosuke as the defendant for no reason other than "We didn't have time for this case in DGS1, so welp, guess he's in DGS2 now. Literally "We didnt have time for GENERIC FILLER CASE #2, so we'll just force it in the sequel, potentially ruining another filler case that could chronologically fit, for a random flashback case that was cut due to time

Gina is also a bad character, so I mean... yeah :V
Also Holmes sucks too as a character in DGS, but can't do much considering he's like, the inspiration of the game.

Pretty sure that case 2 will end up being at least somewhat connect to the plot. Also how is Holmes a bad character this goofy version of him is literally more faithful to the original Holmes than 90% of the adaptations of him.
Signature loading, please wait...

Mia Payne

Cesar Zero wrote:
Pretty sure that case 2 will end up being at least somewhat connect to the plot. Also how is Holmes a bad character this goofy version of him is literally more faithful to the original Holmes than 90% of the adaptations of him.

I vehemently disagree as a huge Holmes aficionado , but okay, your opinions man :V

Ready for action!

DGS' Holmes would have been better if he wasn't completely wrong all the time. That's like, missing the entire point of his character. Holmes was a good detective because he was generally always right in his deductions. This Holmes is a complete fool.

However in saying that, I do prefer this version of Holmes compared to anything Hollywood has put out ever. Including the most recent TV series.

Mia Payne

Lhancat wrote:
DGS' Holmes would have been better if he wasn't completely wrong all the time. That's like, missing the entire point of his character. Holmes was a good detective because he was generally always right in his deductions. This Holmes is a complete fool.

However in saying that, I do prefer this version of Holmes compared to anything Hollywood has put out ever. Including the most recent TV series.

I agree. But "better than crap" is not much of an accolade :V

Ace Fangirl

Lhancat wrote:

The thing is, while Holmes being wrong does miss the point of his character, it's the point of the game. One of the producers (I forget which one) admitted that "the point of the game is to correct the Great Detective's mistakes, so (his apologies but) Sherlock Holmes in the DGS universe is destined to always be wrong." Which I think is a very fun spin on his character. It isn't 100% accurate with the original canon, but it's not supposed to be. (just like what they did with Gina.) I think that having a carbon copy of the original canon Holmes in there would be utterly boring, because he'd take the main character role away from Naruhodou and it wouldn't be anything new for us to enjoy.

Personally, I very much enjoy DGS Holmes because he's brings a lot of genuine light-hearted (and downright hilarious) moments to an otherwise serious game which involves racism, accidental murder, actual murder and lord knows what else. He's the sort of character whose actions and thoughts are extremely hard to predict (which is Holmes canon for sure), which makes it all the more mysterious when you discover that he is in fact holding onto some secrets of his own (like the Baskervilles thing).

Which is all an opinion, of course, but that's just it. Let's all just either enjoy the game for what it is or hate the game for what it is, and agree to disagree when we need to. The original topic is about the Famitsu info on case 3 anyway, which doesn't even seem to involve Holmes. It seems like for some reason they're only bringing Iris to this World Fair and I for one find this suspicious.

US!

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but the official website romanised the scientist's name as 'Benjamin Dobinbough'

http://www.capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten2/character/

A bit of an odd name...
Matt DeMasque!
*Currently playing Spirit of Justice*

Happy Maria

UltraSaint4121 wrote:
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but the official website romanised the scientist's name as 'Benjamin Dobinbough'

A bit of an odd name...

I mean, they romanised the final case's killer's name as

Spoiler: D-5
Rubato Chrogray

,so anything's possible for them.

Mia Payne

Southern Corn wrote:
UltraSaint4121 wrote:

A bit of an odd name...

I mean, they romanised the final case's killer's name as

Spoiler: D-5
Rubato Chrogray

,so anything's possible for them.

Ugh, just reminds me how the fan translation of DGS is going to call...
Spoiler: DGS Case 5
...him Rubert Crogray, instead of Robert Crogley

Happy Maria

Blizdi wrote:
Ugh, just reminds me how the fan translation of DGS is going to call...
Spoiler: DGS Case 5
...him Rubert Crogray, instead of Robert Crogley

Spoiler: Duh
Don't look up Rubert on Google Images. You'll be scarred for life.

Anyway, I feel it would make more sense for him to be called Rupert more than Rubert. Not sure why they didn't go with that. Robert sounds...wrong. The Crogray part is understandable though, since 'Gray' is in his name.

But as long as they keep his alias Egg Benedict, I'll be happy

Ace Fangirl

Spoiler:
I think that he's either a Rupert or a Robert. Rubert, however, just doesn't seem to fit him.

Mia Payne

Meowzy wrote:
Spoiler:
I think that he's either a Rupert or a Robert. Rubert, however, just doesn't seem to fit him.

Agreed.

Wotter boy

The key art is a bit... odd. There's so many people on here we don't know. Although one of them seems to be a younger Barok.

Deception&&contradiction

What's in the DGS 1+2 pack? :yogi:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Not sure where to post this, so I'll stick with the case.

The Capcom TV #68 stream is available on Youtube now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qysI0qSje8c

Eshiro showcases a bit of the beginning of case 3 and the start of the trial. Dobinbough (I think that's how his name was given on the site) is quite a show himself.

The victim's name has been revealed as Ereider Meningun (エライダ・メニングン). It seems as part of Dobinbough's experiment, he was transported to the Crystal Tower somehow, and was subsequently found dead by stab wound. It's not clear what was the murder weapon. Detective Gregson mentions that there are some "ill rumors" about him, but doesn't say more than that.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The victim's name has been revealed as Ereider Meningun (エライダ・メニングン).

The pun is erai dame ningen by the way, or "an incredible good-for-nothing". And I am leaning towards Elyder Manningan as a transliteration (Elyder is, as it appears, a Welsh name, so good enough for me!)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Page 2 of 2 [ 59 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes