Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

Layton's Mystery Journey English trailer just got posted, seems official, though there is some left over Japanese, but it's impossible to have been editted due to how the text appears.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/xXVXG00QgKo

Last edited by Blizdi on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

I'd say I'm confused as to why RPGFan is the only place with the official English dub trailer, but honestly, given how Level-5's handled marketing for this game thus far, it wouldn't surprise me if they just shoved it in a press pack during E3 and nobody'd gotten around to uploading it until now.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Mia Payne

I'm just glad it's on iOS too, cuz my 3DS is full

What's a Court Records?

Lol, I was just thinking about when the English trailer would come out.

For the most part, the voices sound okay. Kat's works for me and the dog's seems to fit really well. Most of the other voices... meh.
Oh well, it's not going to stop me from playing at some point in the future. XD
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

A New Chapter of Trials!

Man, everyone is intoning really weirdly in the trailer, I wonder if the voice acting is still an early draft?
Eureka!

Blah!

Apollon wrote:
Man, everyone is intoning really weirdly in the trailer, I wonder if the voice acting is still an early draft?

It's definitely full of attempts to sync with lip flaps, even if that means pausing the speech at times that make it unnatural. It's hard to say if it's a rough draft, if they didn't get modified animation from the studio to better match English voice acting yet, or if this is intended to be final.

Considering this game is coming out a month from today worldwide (except 3DS), I would guess this is meant to be final unless the wrong trailer was released. Fixing this sort of thing would likely not be possible this late. Then again, there are some odd things about the trailer like "LAYTON series NEW EPISODE", so maybe it is the wrong, incomplete trailer?

Mia Payne

blahmoomoo wrote:
Apollon wrote:

It's definitely full of attempts to sync with lip flaps, even if that means pausing the speech at times that make it unnatural. It's hard to say if it's a rough draft, if they didn't get modified animation from the studio to better match English voice acting yet, or if this is intended to be final.

Considering this game is coming out a month from today worldwide (except 3DS), I would guess this is meant to be final unless the wrong trailer was released. Fixing this sort of thing would likely not be possible this late. Then again, there are some odd things about the trailer like "LAYTON series NEW EPISODE", so maybe it is the wrong, incomplete trailer?

Level-5 confuse me with their handling of it, blah. It feels like they made it and were like "OH SHIT WE FORGOT TO MAKE IT IN ENGLISH" like an afterthought

Blah!

Blizdi wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Level-5 confuse me with their handling of it, blah. It feels like they made it and were like "OH SHIT WE FORGOT TO MAKE IT IN ENGLISH" like an afterthought

Considering how mobile games are usually marketed in the US, where it's radio silence until right before a mobile game releases (unless you're Nintendo), it's possible they accidentally threw an incomplete trailer out there in a press release. Then they'll release the real trailer mid-July. Maybe.

Court Illustrator

I'm not sure how to feel about Kat's English voice yet, but I guess I'll just grow accustomed to it. I hope she sounds more natural in the game.
i draw them barnlaws
art blog

https://layton.world

From Destructoid
Quote:
To help promote the upcoming Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy for 3DS, Level-5 teamed up with SCRAP (real escape games) to make a "puzzle-solving event that challenges users around the world to solve 50 puzzles that appear on the internet and in special locations in 10 countries, including Japan, the U.S., the U.K., South Korea, and Australia" from June 20 to September 21, 2017.

There's some puzzles to solve (the first one feature the Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen guy), others you need to wait until unlock.
I guess the trailer was a rushed release to promote the site that was already online.

Happy Maria

Eh...I dunno anymore after seeing this one. The dub is definitely forced and stilted as one, and I feel it makes it looks like Kat is a Mary Sue. Not exactly enthused now

A New Chapter of Trials!

random123 wrote:
https://layton.world

From Destructoid
Quote:
To help promote the upcoming Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy for 3DS, Level-5 teamed up with SCRAP (real escape games) to make a "puzzle-solving event that challenges users around the world to solve 50 puzzles that appear on the internet and in special locations in 10 countries, including Japan, the U.S., the U.K., South Korea, and Australia" from June 20 to September 21, 2017.

There's some puzzles to solve (the first one feature the Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen guy), others you need to wait until unlock.
I guess the trailer was a rushed release to promote the site that was already online.

I swear this game has the weirdest promotion I have ever seen. The online puzzles are cool, although the second one is pretty dang confusing for non-japanese speakers and probably would have benefited a lot from a sketch pad like in Layton games proper.
Eureka!

Mia Payne

I already did the 3/50 unlocked. The second one is some top tier Layton puzzle you'd only see at the end :V

What's a Court Records?

Blizdi wrote:
I already did the 3/50 unlocked. The second one is some top tier Layton puzzle you'd only see at the end :V

Still haven't finished that second one. Jfc, it's confusing af.
Why am I even here?

Blizdi wrote:

Trailer was removed. :larry:

What's a Court Records?

random123 wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

Trailer was removed. :larry:

D:
Why am I even here?

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Can I ask for some help on Puzzle 2 here?

Spoiler:
So I figured out that what I'm meant to do in each row is to visit each page's block puzzle, fit all the pieces together,
and form a word by putting the letters in each numbered spot in each block together in order. After that I put the labeled squares together to form the message at the bottom, which became "BEFORE N", pointing to a black square.

Now I'm stuck, and I have no idea what that could mean. Any hints, please?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Spoiler: hint Puzzle 2
You have all the words. Now, download the puzzle image and use a image editor (like Paint) to fill "certain squares" in black. When you finish, you will have the answer.

Puzzle #4 is out, only in Japan (TV Tokyo). But you can use this image to solve:
Spoiler: large image, use a new tab

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

random123 wrote:
Spoiler: hint Puzzle 2
You have all the words. Now, download the puzzle image and use a image editor (like Paint) to fill "certain squares" in black. When you finish, you will have the answer.

Ah, thank you!
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

What did he do this time...?

Wait, so was that trailer an official one that was accidentally released too early or something? Why would they take it down? I'm very confused with what's going on with this game.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Restless college student

https://youtu.be/xXVXG00QgKo

Find the Truth!

No idea if that new official trailer is similar to the first trailer, though it seems complete. What's everyone's thoughts on the VAs? I think Kats' seems pretty good, as does all the other characters. The dogs accent is a bit thick for my liking but Meh, the English.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes