Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 44 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Re: Dangan-RonpaTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

I think the article is talking about how something like that would hit too close to home after such a murder? Idk though, it still seems BS to me.

It's just typical to think "this is happening in a game/movie/book, so it WILL cause people to do that in real life" and they are idiots. 99% of people dealing with that 'dangerous' medium do not copy it. That 1% that does? Well, they had something severely wrong with their head to begin with and were just a ticking time-bomb, waiting to explode and ANYTHING could be the thing to set them off. People just prefer to shove responsibility on fictional media because they refuse to admit that, hey, maybe they have a part of responsiblity in this.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Despite biased media coverage for years there is still no proven correlation between playing video games and committing violence in the real world. If there was then it would be cited.

Heck, researchers are acknowledging that there is no correlation. Correlation does not equal causation, the prime example of it. Just because some psychos have played video games does not mean all gamers are psychos, when will people learn.

Happy Maria

On a much more lighter note, I was going through the TVTropes page for the first game trying to see if they specified how the Monokuma Theatre foreshadowed stuff, but I found something even more pointless.

Spoiler: the first game
Apparently Celeste x Dora is a thing on tumblr, fan art and all.

Why

I've felt worse.

Socot wrote:
On a much more lighter note, I was going through the TVTropes page for the first game trying to see if they specified how the Monokuma Theatre foreshadowed stuff, but I found something even more pointless.

Spoiler: the first game
Apparently Celeste x Dora is a thing on tumblr, fan art and all.

Why

Everything's a thing to shippers. Haven't you heard their national anthem?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Lone wrote:
Heck, researchers are acknowledging that there is no correlation. Correlation does not equal causation, the prime example of it. Just because some psychos have played video games does not mean all gamers are psychos, when will people learn.

Hell, when people get too into the "shooter games cause violence" tirade, I'd love to commit a murder or massacre with guns. People will look at my videogames collection: RPGs (swords or fists); beat 'em ups; farming games; rhythm games; beach games; Pokémon... not one of my games is a shooter. Or contains guns* as the main weapon of choice. I'd love to see their baffled faces, trying to blame shooter games then.

* gunblades are there, yes, but they are still used like swords 99% of the time. When used as guns, it includes Lightning doing a large backflip and shooting the gun in the air. Extremely difficult to replicate. And any guns that are overall in games are always used by the bad guys and I am the hero, fighting against those bad guys.

C-A

PS: What is Dora?

Happy Maria

Dora the Explorer. Look it up. Can't believe that's even a thing, but that's shippers for you.

Socot wrote:
Dora the Explorer. Look it up. Can't believe that's even a thing, but that's shippers for you.

Oh, okay. I was trying to remember if there was a Dora in Danganronpa...

C-A

Happy Maria

Haha, started DR2 today. Currently on Chapter 1 Daily Life.

Spoiler:
I like how the brought out the memory twist a lot earlier this time. Saves a lot of hassle.

I don't think this Togami is real. He's too nice. Komaeda is obviously Makoto. His appearance is a dead give away. Plus, his name isn't an anagram of 'Makoto Naegi ad'. Idk what a and d are for though.

I really like the setting of this whole place. The gameplay also' seems very fresh. Loving this more than the first one so far. Favourite character is Gundham by far. I love the little edgelord and his four devas of destruction.

First victim will probably be the traitor, who'll be Togami. And the killer will probably be Yakuza boy. Way too suspicious.

Spoiler:
Think of it like 'Da (The) Naegi Makoto' if you want. It's meant to be 'Naegi Makoto Da' which in Japanese is 'I am Naegi Makoto'.

e: thanks for the heads up. fixed the tags

Last edited by Lone on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Maria

Watch out for that spoiler lone.

Still, thanks for the help.

Happy Maria

I think it's been long enough so I can double post.

Currently on Chapter 2 Daily Life

Spoiler: For Chapter 1 Killer
Poor Teruteru. Didn't mean to kill Byakuya. Just wanted to kill that son of a bitch Nagito (who by the way I'm glad is restrained now). Execution was as great as always.

The trial was super long but also super satisfying. The gameplay was on par with the final trial of DR1 tbh. Well, except Hangman's Gambit. Improved, my foot. The VAs were pretty good as well, Hajime especially.

One minor problem I had was that Byakuya could've just restrained Nagito and not gone for the knife at all. Then when the lights returned he could've grabbed it without going under. Still, I think his act of nobility proves he isn't the real Togami.

Next up will probably be either the dancer girl or the photographer girl. Killer will maybe be Peko because I think she's the Justice serial killer.

How do Sonia and Hajime know about Genocide Jack and their gender? Will this be explained?

The second island looks really neat, and that's kind of one of my problems with this game. It's so...unconfined compared to the first. Even with all the motives that have been given there's no way I would kill to leave this island.

Also, the fanservice is bull but that's a whooole 'nother story. Kinda why I hate Mikan so much. Ugh.

Btw is it just me or is Akane voiced by Wendee Lee?

The imagination justifies the pimp

Socot wrote:
Kinda why I hate Mikan so much. Ugh.

Keep saying this, you're curing my terminal disease :)

Socot wrote:
Btw is it just me or is Akane voiced by Wendee Lee?

Yes, Artina Cikes is at it again.

Last edited by Bolting Shaman on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Knew it.

Also Soda's voiced by Kyle Hebert? What the heck.

Anyway, made it to Chapter 3 Daily Life

Spoiler:
...Well, trial 2 was underwhelming. It was way easier than the first. Plus, I managed to see everything coming this time. Way too obvious. Well, except that Peko wasn't Sparkling Justice. Also the fanservice was goddamn terrible as usual but that's to be expected by this point. I'm kinda sad Fuyuhiko lived though. He didn't deserve it. Also, it wasn't really that important but who was Girl E? I feel like that's a plot hole but will it get explained later?

Next up is going to be a double murder. Either Mikan, Hiyoko or Ibuki. I just really want to see Mikan dead goddammit. I actually gave a little prayer when I realised there was a hospital because it could be the perfect place for her to be killed. C'mon now... The movie theatre segment was mildly amusing. I wonder what the movie was about, but I like that dumb relatable sticker. I hope we actually pay for it at the end.

Oh and we get more details on the """Tragedy""". I don't care, though. So you're telling me the world ended because some students fought with each other? Fuggin' lame, man. And also Monomi's foreshadowing that Junko will return, which seems a bit stale. Don't tell me she's going to be that one franchise villain who keeps dying but somehow always comes back.

Ugh, I hope it gets better from here, honestly. This whole thing is just... underwhelming. Just kill Mikan and then everything will elevate.

Spoiler: Chapter 2
Honestly, I'm surprised you find it predictable through and through, it's actually the one chapter that I get most of my assumptions wrong.

You'll need to get used to the fanservice eventually, not saying there's that much more of it, but this series can get pretty Corpse Party-ish with the consistency of that kind of stuff, just not nearly as extreme of course.

And as for Mikan, well, let's just say you should keep an open mind if you really want to see her get eliminated.

Quote:
You'll need to get used to the fanservice eventually, not saying there's that much more of it, but this series can get pretty Corpse Party-ish with the consistency of that kind of stuff, just not nearly as extreme of course.

Corpse Party has a lot of fanservice? Man, I was thinking of playing that series eventually...

Also, yeah, DR2 has the issue that... it feels a lot like it's the first game, rehashed. On an island, rather than in a school.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Corpse Party has a lot of fanservice? Man, I was thinking of playing that series eventually...

Well, I wouldn't say the fanservice is marketing levels of bad (save for the mangas, don't read them, they're bad), but it exists, especially the anthology ones.

Blah!

Bolting Shaman wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say the fanservice is marketing levels of bad, but it exists, especially the anthology ones.

If I recall, the original game didn't have much of that, at least visually (and only one non-visual thing comes to mind). The second game did have some, but they at least restrained themselves to do things like that at the beginning of a story and not after it gets serious. I could be misremembering though; I don't recall if they kept the CG camera angles in check.

The first game is the better of the two anyway; the second game is the anthology one Bolting mentioned, so it contains short stories (of varying quality) focused on smaller groups of people who experienced the incident in the first game. Which is fine if you want more details of the incident.

Happy Maria

Bolting Shaman wrote:
Spoiler: Chapter 2
Honestly, I'm surprised you find it predictable through and through, it's actually the one chapter that I get most of my assumptions wrong.

And as for Mikan, well, let's just say you should keep an open mind if you really want to see her get eliminated.

Spoiler: Case 2
Really? Everything was pretty damn predictable in that. What couldn't you see coming?

Anyway, I noticed that's Teruteru's picture has a knife and fork over it instead of the cross. Pretty cool detail

Also forgot to mention it, but I like the AA reference in chapter 2. Cool beans

As for the fanservice, well...Fuyuhiko says it best:

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
Y-you're just fucking high school students!

The fanservice wouldn't be so disturbing if everyone wasn't about 17. That's technically underage, unlike in Japan, where the age of consent is 13, I think.

Anyway. The moment everyone's been waiting for. I've finished chapter 3's trial and OH MY GOD

Spoiler:
WHAT THE HELL KIND OF EXECUTION WAS THAT I DIDN'T EVEN GET GET TO SEE HER SUFFER C'MON WORST TRIAL 0/10^27

In all honesty though, the case was fine. Mildly amused that I called all three dead. It was great finally getting rid of Mikan but also nice that she dropped the shy and meek façade. In all honesty if she'd kept that going I'd have actually started to like her.

A few details were a bit unclear though. What were the motives for killing Ibuki and Hiyoko? Did Hiyoko really just happen to stumble upon the crime scene? What was the murder weapon for Hiyoko? How did Mikan snuff out the candle in the video? Why did everyone even feel sorry for Mikan? How come Mikan x Junko's a thing now (because face it, that's the only person she could be talking about)? Why was the game so vague on these details?

Anyway, glad that's over. With her gone, all the remaining characters are likeable enough. Even Nagito.

Oh also Nekomaru becoming a robot is kinda cool

Spoiler:
It took me an entire year to get the point of that execution. There's an old Japanese children's saying, along the lines of 'bye-bye ouchies'. Or more closer to, 'fly away ouchies'. So this execution was a literal play on that. Mikan, the ouchie, flies away.

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
Spoiler:
It took me an entire year to get the point of that execution. There's an old Japanese children's saying, along the lines of 'bye-bye ouchies'. Or more closer to, 'fly away ouchies'. So this execution was a literal play on that. Mikan, the ouchie, flies away.

Spoiler:
Still could've been more satisfying. Show her going at hyperspeed so that her skin comes off and then she manages to let go of the rocket and tries to float back to earth but then out of nowhere a Monokuma rocket comes and slams into her.

Now THAT's what I call a DR execution

Blah!

^ that idea seems a lot gorier than any other DR execution.

Spoiler:
I think the motivation is explained as the virus causing her to bring out her darkest desires or something like that.
I forgot many exact of the details of this case, but it's probably related to the potential Mikan x Junko thing you mentioned. And that is explained later.

Socot wrote:
Really? Everything was pretty damn predictable in that. What couldn't you see coming?

I actually got the culprit wrong. I expected Ibuki to be involved somehow, being in the TMS and all,
and I didn't even consider Peko being Sparkling Justice. Might just be me not thinking straight at that time, though

Socot wrote:
Spoiler:
WHAT THE HELL KIND OF EXECUTION WAS THAT I DIDN'T EVEN GET GET TO SEE HER SUFFER C'MON WORST TRIAL 0/10^27

Spoiler:
Yeah, this is what I meant by keeping an open mind. Just be grateful it even happened because god that execution is stupid.

Socot wrote:
Spoiler:
A few details were a bit unclear though. What were the motives for killing Ibuki and Hiyoko? Did Hiyoko really just happen to stumble upon the crime scene? What was the murder weapon for Hiyoko? How did Mikan snuff out the candle in the video? Why did everyone even feel sorry for Mikan? How come Mikan x Junko's a thing now (because face it, that's the only person she could be talking about)? Why was the game so vague on these details?

Spoiler:
Mikan is said to receive one of the Despair diseases, like what Ibuki, Akane and Nagito got. Hers is one that made her remember something, specifically the memory that she lost along with everyone else's. This is what made her want to kill Ibuki. As for the details on why, it remains a mystery for now.

Socot wrote:
Spoiler:
Still could've been more satisfying. Show her going at hyperspeed so that her skin comes off and then she manages to let go of the rocket and tries to float back to earth but then out of nowhere a Monokuma rocket comes and slams into her.

I would be so happy if that IS what happened

Happy Maria

blahmoomoo wrote:
^ that idea seems a lot gorier than any other DR execution.

Spoiler:
I think the motivation is explained as the virus causing her to bring out her darkest desires or something like that.
I forgot many exact of the details of this case, but it's probably related to the potential Mikan x Junko thing you mentioned. And that is explained later.

But it's better :D

Thanks for the help though.

Bolting Shaman wrote:
Socot wrote:

I actually got the culprit wrong. I expected Ibuki to be involved somehow, being in the TMS and all,
and I didn't even consider Peko being Sparkling Justice. Might just be me not thinking straight at that time, though

Spoiler:
TMS?

Honestly, it's her reaction in the library when we first arrive that hints at it. Foreshadowed a lot, though it was actually subverted at the last second.

Still, the climax reasoning in that chapter felt unnecessary. The killer already confessed anyhow

At least they made Fuyuhiko a better character :D

Quote:
Socot wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, this is what I meant by keeping an open mind. Just be grateful it even happened because god that execution is stupid.

Spoiler:
B-but I wanted to see some suffering :larry:

Quote:
Socot wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Mikan is said to receive one of the Despair diseases, like what Ibuki, Akane and Nagito got. Hers is one that made her remember something, specifically the memory that she lost along with everyone else's. This is what made her want to kill Ibuki. As for the details on why, it remains a mystery for now.

Spoiler:
Really? Did she hate Ibuki? Why didn't see kill Nagito or Akane though? They were also kinda weak anyway.

Also, forgot to comment on this but the Wizard of Monomi was gold. I needed two packets of tissues for that; one for each head.

Plus, some details still seem strange. Was this case rushed? Was there supposed to have been a different victim or two?

Quote:
Socot wrote:
Spoiler:

I would be so happy if that IS what happened

:godot:

So just got to Chapter 4's killing

Spoiler:
Finally, we get more info on DR1's ending! Though if you didn't play it, you're kinda spoiled on who lives. Oh well

Also new world order yessss

The amusement park was fun but what wasn't was Kazuichi. My opinion on him's been worsening for a while and the guy's not helping. He's just a creep. Even Teruteru had some sympathy points imo

The funhouse situation is rather simple. Just ask Nagito to kill himself. He'll gladly do it, and if he does it in front of everyone they'll know it was him. Plus then they'll all get out. The end.

The twist with the two buildings being the same isn't a twist. How anyone can't figure it out immediately is beyond me.

What was the morse code for the Monokuma Theatre?

Still, now Mechamaru's dead. Don't know who's killed him but I guess I've got to keep on keeping on

In regards to the third trial being rushed

[spoiler]
Spoiler:
Hiyoko dying was a last minute change iirc. The reason why could be a potential spoiler.

[/spoiler]

1000% Knight

CaptainPancakes wrote:
In regards to the third trial being rushed

[spoiler]
Spoiler:
Hiyoko dying was a last minute change iirc. The reason why could be a potential spoiler.

[/spoiler]

Not really.
Spoiler: Case 2/3
It was supposed to be Kuzu, but they didn't want him to die immediately after Peko.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks, you two.

Spoiler: Case 2 & 3 of DR1
Though it would've essentially been repeating the Mondo and Taka thing from the first game, so I can see why they didn't go through with it.

Also, I just realised something about the victim in this case
Spoiler:
He was dismembered, just like the tin man in the Wizard of Monomi.

Nice touch.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Chapter 3 and whole game spoilers, BEWARE
Mikan had the remembering disease, causing her to remember that she is a remnant of despair. Also notice that she killed the remaining members of TSM.

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
Spoiler: Chapter 3 and whole game spoilers, BEWARE
Mikan had the remembering disease, causing her to remember that she is a remnant of despair. Also notice that she killed the remaining members of TSM.

Spoiler isn't really that bad. I figured anyway.

Also I finished chapter 4. Thoughts below

Spoiler:
Super sad that Gundham had to finally go but hey he went out in the best way possible at least. A hero. *sniff* His execution was hilarious. He couldn't even go to hell like he wished he could. He totally belongs in animal heaven though so I'm fine with that :,) Though I feel there was something missing in his final confrontation. I dunno, maybe have him break the edgelord façade and actually make it more emotional? The Sonia-Gundham-Sōda moments were all great this trial though.

Anyway my next bet is that either the traitor will be killed or someone seemingly important. Honestly I'm not sure myself because all the remaining characters so far don't look like they'll murder or be murdered. I liked the investigation. Especially the Zero Escape-esque part. The big twist with Hajime being a reserve student was....anticlimactic. Was expecting more there.

Once again, the trial was pretty easy. Did the developers really think most people wouldn't know what an elevator or an octagon was? That was a bit annoying.There were a few good moments though. The part with the hamsters was great. Just...the fact that they were the reason Nekomaru died, lol. Nagito was also really fun. Is that novel he was talking about real? But yeah, I enjoyed him noticing the clearly intentional parallels with this game and DR1, which is honestly the reason the trials so far have been so predictable. And also that all the students are dumbasses another than Chiaki and occasionally Hajime.

Man, I can't believe all of this happened just because Usami let down her guard for half a second. Imagine the much better AU where she defeats him instantly, lol. I want to play that now

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Which novel is Nagito talking about? Monokuma makes references to Danganronpa Zero in that game.

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
Which novel is Nagito talking about? Monokuma makes references to Danganronpa Zero in that game.

Spoiler:
The one where some serial killer is on the loose and you see it through a girl's eyes but at the end it's revealed that the girl herself is the killer.

Edit: hey guys I finished the fifth chapter but

I think my game's glitching

Spoiler:
As in, characters who are dead are suddenly appearing again.

For example, Sonia and Akane. Even though the latter very clearly killed the former in chapter 3. Sōda shouldn't be here either. He was the victim in chapter 0, for all to see! And Chiaki....well, I'll give her a pass. She was only technically an accomplice in DR1's chapter 7, but it's still weird how everyone is treating her like normal.

Whateved, my prediction for next chapter is Togami kills Mikan, because we all know that he hates her from the fanservice scene this chapter.

Anyway thanks bye

Edit 2: seriously guys I've finished the game now whoop

You can AMA now

I personally liked it

Enoshima Junko-chan!

So, overall thoughts? I prefer the first game because the school atmosphere conveys being confined much better than DR2's,
Spoiler:
with the exception of the funhouse chapter.

Also, the novel (actually a light novel) that Nagito and Monokuma reference is Danganronpa Zero. It takes place before the first game. There is also a light novel included in DR2 called Danganronpa IF which expands on Mukuro.
I think the second game has better cases than the first, my personal favourite is Chapter 5's.
Spoiler:
Komaeda you fucking weirdo.
Also, Junko was kind of meh in this game. I love the hell out of her but she was way more entertaining in the first game.

Happy Maria

MBr wrote:
So, overall thoughts? I prefer the first game because the school atmosphere conveys being confined much better than DR2's,

Spoiler:
with the exception of the funhouse chapter.

In all honesty?

Spoiler: Whole game
I almost agree with you.

Almost.

Honestly, I agree that the island was definitely not at all confined, which kinda ruined the game a bit. I would definitely not kill to get off this place.

Funnily enough, the final trial actually made the game better than the first in my eyes. I'll talk about it in a second.

Quote:
Also, the novel (actually a light novel) that Nagito and Monokuma reference is Danganronpa Zero. It takes place before the first game. There is also a light novel included in DR2 called Danganronpa IF which expands on Mukuro.

Now that you mentioned it, I did get something called Danganronpa/IF after I finished the game, so I'm definitely checking that out next. I'll look into DR0 afterwards.

After that, should I go straight into Ultra Despair Girls? How will that game even work btw? Or maybe I should just see the DR3 anime next? Idk man. But honestly this was the best timing to pick up all of this, seeing as how the third game is coming out next month.

Quote:
I think the second game has better cases than the first, my personal favourite is Chapter 5's.

Haha, yeah, that was kinda cool.

Spoiler: Whole game
In terms of difficulty, chapter 1 was the hardest, surprisingly. I think it was because there was so much going on and the difficulty was a bit higher than the first game which was unexpected. Sadly I got used to it quickly.

Like I said, chapter 2 is kinda crap in terms of twists and such.

Chapter 3 is also meh, but makes sense after finishing the game. The Despair Disease being so contrived is actually logical considering iT's JuSt A gAmE

Chapter 4 was easy as hell, but I enjoyed the final confrontation with Gundham and such.

Chapter 5 was great, even if it was semi-predictable. It was rather sad, even if the traitor's identity was somewhat obvious. The double execution was great, and the weird as hell glitching after that was....surreal.

Also...the password to the ruins I should 11037. That was just a good twist, making use of that number better than DR1. Plus it actually played a pretty big role in the end.

Chapter 6 was pretty goddamn great. Unlike you, I actually enjoyed Junko more than in the first game, shitty gopher face aside. Also the fact that she was an AI. I hope the series doesn't keep in reusing her because that'll feel half assed. But yeah, despite the pretty shoddy beginning, the twists were great and the returnees were better. The end was much better than the first's because it felt more unique gameplay-wise than HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE times infinity.

The ambiguity regarding the ending is good. I like how whole everyone's still alive, they probably will never wake up again. I can see how this would piss some people off but there's no need to worry. There's still a possibility someone will go and stab Mikan while she's comatose. :P

Seriously though, I enjoyed the game. It was refreshing....but also had a shoddy middlegame. Fix that and you've got a pretty great game on your hands.

So yeah, I think that's about it. Thanks again to everyone for helping me through my first playthrough. I'll probably return when I finish the light novels and start UDG or something. Goodbye for now! :maya:

Blah!

The DR3 anime directly references UDG in one or two episodes and kind of spoils it, so you should play that game first.

By the way, if playing UDG troubles you like it did for me, there's no shame in watching a longplay (an LP with no commentary) instead like I did.

UDG is okay, gameplay is bad but can be sort of fun if you can toletate the bad controls, story is good or bad depending on how much you like the Fukawa x Komaru relationship.

DR3 anime is soo bad tho.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

UDG is set between the first and second games and you play as Makoto's sister with Toko by your side. Great character development in this game. Gameplay is average, not awful but not amazing either. It just works. Standard third person shooter where you shoot Monokumas or you can control Genocide Jack and slice them up.

Like what was mentioned before, if you want just the story you can watch it on YouTube.

DR0 fills in some missing info, like the origin of the
Spoiler: DR1
Memory erasing, and how Junko obtained this method
Unlike IF, it has not been officially translated but a fan translation does exist.

DR3 is an anime with three parts. There is the Despair Side, which has 12 episodes about the DR2 cast before the first game. Then there is Future Side, which takes place after DR2 (13 episodes). Finally, Hope Side is the finale, just one episode.
You should watch both Despair and Future side by side and then finish with Hope.

Funimation is releasing the Despair Side on DVD soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN5ifzoUsfc

MBr wrote:
There is the Despair Side, which has 12 episodes about the DR2 cast before the first game. Then there is Future Side, which takes place after DR2 (13 episodes). Finally, Hope Side is the finale, just one episode.

Actually, Despair has 11 and Future has 12.

Either way, I was sold on UDG because of a certain really amazing character, I'd say give the game at least a look through if only just for that.

DR3, oh boy. Now I don't want to be that guy, but knowing you, I'll say this much SC:

Spoiler: My recommendations
You'd better off watching only Future arc. Just read any summary on Despair arc somewhere. Trust me, you'll only hate it if you watch it.

Yeah, DR1's atmosphere was great. Well… until someone says a random joke to break it. I heard Kodaka only set SDR2 on a tropical island because he was told to have the game be the same as DR1 but with a different cast. So he made the setting as different as possible just because. I think v3 reclaims some of that original atmosphere, but v3's a whole different can of worms.

Happy Maria

Wow...um...I'm getting a lot of mixed opinions here. I'll probably watch a playthrough of UDG though because honestly I'm not too much into action games.

Lone wrote:
Yeah, DR1's atmosphere was great. Well… until someone says a random joke to break it. I heard Kodaka only set SDR2 on a tropical island because he was told to have the game be the same as DR1 but with a different cast. So he made the setting as different as possible just because. I think v3 reclaims some of that original atmosphere, but v3's a whole different can of worms.

What was that joke again? I can't remember.

Anyway, finished...'reading' DRIF. I'm not really sure why they put it in the game without using the game sprites. All they would have to do is put some Mukuro sprites and such and honestly it would work better. Also why did they use

Spoiler: IF+DR1&2
It was goodish. I'm not too fond of Junko being such a sore loser here and her constantly berating her older sister who also happens to be super powerful is a bit weird. Seriously writers, get your characterisation right

I would be fond of seeing a continuation of this where the Future Foundation is established and the Neo World Programme goes according to plan. Then everyone is alive and well! Hooray!

Also of course Chihiro built Monokuma's program thingy. Guy's responsible for that as well as Alter Ego (as well as possibly Usami and Chiaki).

Anyway I noticed some dialogue referencing the Kuzuryu Clan and such. Who was that referring to? The guy who tried to sell his own organs to them, I mean. Was it....Yasuhiro?

Finally Leon saving Maizono was a nice touch I guess

Page 44 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station