Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 11 of 22[ 880 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (CASETopic%20Title

Shy guy

I'd say go to the storage closet, but asking Lauren first might be a good idea, yeah.

Otherwise... err... ask Lita (as Pierre said, a great name) if she's heard about all of Vesti's crazy adventures so far. We'll show her who's boring!

ASCEND

Spoiler: And thus my quest to release this in a timely manner despite having to grapple with an eight hour long app class begins…
Treble Tech wrote:
Explain things to Lita, taking every opportunity to present to her the profile on Chronos Krate.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
Also ask her about her favorite color and present your badge.

{{As you can probably tell, my quest was a failure :( }}

Present: Lita Gates: Police Badge

Vesti reaches into his pocket and tries to pull out his police badge. Unfortunately, Lita Gates sees it coming, and before he can retrieve it, she shouts, “No, don’t pull that badge out again! You already showed it to me last Christmas!” Vesti replies, “B- But I just had it polished! You have to see it! It’s not the same badge anymore, it’ll be a totally different experience!” Lita shakes her head, and responds, “Trust me, I’ve seen that badge far too much. It doesn’t surprise me anymore.” “Don’t be ridiculous,” Vesti shouts, “You can never see my badge too many times!” Lita explains, “Well, I’ve probably seen that one about forty times… All throughout my teenage years I had to deal with you shoving your goofy replica badge in my face, and as a kid it seemed like you’d show me your hall monitor badge at least once a day… And let’s not even START about when you were a baby.” Lauren asks, “Actually, that sounds like it could be important… Could you elaborate?” Vesti remarks, “For once, I agree that we shouldn’t go into this…” Despite Vesti’s wishes, Lita begins to reply, “Well, it all started when-” Before Lita can finish, Vesti interjects, “EXCUSE ME, but I think the murder is a little more important than my baby stories right now!” Lauren replies, “To be fair, you were the one who brought the matter up.” Vesti eloquently responds, “…Shut up.”

Talk: Lita Gates: Favorite Color

“…Actually, let’s forgot the murder for a second, because I have a question that’s much more important,” Vesti asks, “So, Lita… What’s your favorite color?” Lita raises her eyebrow at Vesti, and asks, “Are you feeling alright, Vesti? Cause it seems like you’ve forgotten every interaction we’ve had for the last thirty years…” Vesti replies, “Don’t be ridiculous! Of course I already know what your favorite color is! I, uh… just thought Lauren might like to know!” Lauren, who is looking at her now empty bottle of Luminol in disappointment, quickly replies, “To be completely honest, I couldn’t care less.” Lita turns to Lauren, and shouts, “Wow, how RUDE! Well, I could say the same thing to you. But judging by your rudeness, I bet your favorite color is something brooding and emo, like BLACK!” Lauren hesitantly responds, “…I think you might be overreacting a bit…” Lita continues, “Oh, so now it’s all MY fault! Yeah, sure I get it! Well, you know what? My favorite color is LIGHT BLUE! There, now you know anyway! What do you think of THAT!” Vesti quickly interjects, “So… uh… guys… How about we get back to the subject of that murder…”

Talk: The Case

“So, Lita, what exactly do you know about the crime so far?” Lita, having calmed down significantly, replies, “Oh, well… I know the murder took place in this hospital… and that’s about it.” Vesti asks, “So… you basically know absolutely nothing?” Lita replies, “Well, yeah… That’s where YOU come in! So, what exactly is going on here?” Lita looks around the room, and finally notices the corpse lying on the hospital bed. She continues, “Oh, that’s no good.” “It sure ain’t,” Vesti explains, “That’s the victim, Cammy Tose. She was a comatose patient at this hospital, and she was stabbed in the chest with some unknown weapon.” Lita shouts, “What?! She was in a coma? …Why would you kill someone who was already in a coma?” Lauren answers, “That’s a good question, and one that no one has been able to answer. Hopefully the truth will come up with more investigation. …Anyway, what were you saying, Vesti?” Vesti continues, “Well, according to that bag of IV liquid over there, the crime most likely occurred around 12:45, which was shortly before the building’s janitor discovered the body. Then he ran to the lobby, where he told me what he had found, but while he was gone someone may have-” Lita interrupts, “Wait a minute, what the heck were you doing in the hospital lobby? Did you bust up your toe while I wasn’t looking?” Vesti answers, “No, I was just visiting someone from a past case…” “So, you were in the building at the time of the murder?” Lita suddenly gasps, and continues, “Wait, don’t tell me YOU committed this murder!” Lauren replies, “I did consider the possibility; however, his alibi checks out.” Vesti mumbles, “You ‘considered the possibility’?” Lita shouts, “Well, what are you waiting for? Finish the STORY!” “Oh… Well, uh…” Vesti continues, “While the janitor was gone, I think the killer was hiding under that hospital bed, and when they came out they set up the crime scene to frame him. …So, uh, that’s about it.” Lita mumbles, “Wow, that was a pretty LAME story… It didn’t even have an ending!” Vesti replies, “That’s because it's our job to write the ending ourselves, and make sure it ends happily!” “What the heck was that?” Lita asks, “Did you get that one out of a fortune cookie or something?” Vesti sighs, and replies, “Nevermind… Let’s just move on… I have another question to ask you…”

Talk: Percy Graham

“Do you perhaps know of anyone by the name of Percy Graham?” Lita replies, “Percy Graham? Yeah, I’ve faced him in court a few times… Why?” Vesti answers, “He’s apparently investigating this crime too. In fact, he tried to get someone arrested earlier!” “That doesn’t surprise me,” Lita continues, “That guy seems to harbor a pretty deep grudge against criminals, for some reason. I guess that’s what motivated him to power through law school at such a young age… Or maybe he just bought his way in, I don’t know.” “Yeah, I noticed the same thing,” Vesti replies, “But he was also playing video games the whole time I talked to him, which is kinda strange…” “Oh, he does the same thing in court too,” Lita replies, “Once, he actually set up a TV in the middle of the courtroom, plugged in some console, and then started playing it in the middle of the trial… As you might expect, the judge gave him a penalty.” Vesti remarks, “Well, at least someone in that courtroom was sane… So, who won the trial?” Lita explains, “Nobody did. The judge declared the whole thing a mistrial when the witness started throwing deli meats at the jurists.” Vesti mumbles, “…I’m just not even gonna comment on that one.”

Present: Lita Gates: Chronos Krate

Vesti pulls out his profile for Chronos Krate (a low-quality shot of a guy with similar hair that Vesti found on a site about aliens from the ‘90s) and shows it to Lita. He shouts, “Hey, Lita, take a look at this photo!” Lita takes the photo, squints at it, and replies, “Wow, this picture is awful. You should have bracketed you shots. It’s this cool technique I learned in college where you take five pictures of the same thing with minor brightness changes and then keep all of them.” “This picture isn’t mine! I just sorta found it on the internet!” Vesti explains, “Anyway, this guy took us to another dimension, and we had to solve MARIO’S MURDER! You know, the Italian guy from those video games? See, how’s THAT for boring!” Lita laughs, and replies, “Vesti, what the heck are you going on about?” Vesti shouts, “It’s true! You’ve got to BELIEVE me!” Lauren mumbles, “Hey, Vesti, how about we keep this whole thing to ourselves… because you sound completely insane right now…” Vesti sighs, and responds, “Alright, fine… If you insist…” Lita remarks, “Well, that was quite an… interesting conversation.”

Consult: Which Room?

Vesti turns to Lauren and asks, “So, where do you think we should go first?” Lauren replies, “Well, there are plenty of options. We could try to get more information from Argenta, or we could go to the main office to talk to whoever’s running the hospital…” Vesti interjects, “Actually, I’d rather not go to either of those places yet… I don’t know why… I feel like some being from another plane of existence is telling me not too…” “Uh… Well, alright,” Lauren continues, “Anyway, there’s also the security office, where we could view the footage for the security cameras, or there’s that storage closet the killer must have climbed down into this room from.” Vesti replies, “Either one seems equally important! How am I supposed to decide!” Lauren answers, “Well, we know the killer must have been inside that storage closet at some point. If they left any evidence there, we should probably find it before they cover up for their crime.” Vesti shouts, “But what if the killer was caught on camera, and they go to delete the security footage?!” Lauren replies, “Well, they’re going to do both if we just stand around here worrying about it.” Vesti mumbles, “Yeah, I suppose you’re right...”

Investigation: Cammy’s Hospital Room
Examine:
I’ve already examined every suspicious nook and cranny…
Talk:
Lita Gates
The Case
Lita Gates
Percy Graham
Move:
Security Room
Hospital Lobby
Storage Closet
Argenta’s Office (Don’t go here yet please)
Main Office (Don’t go here yet either)
Present:
To Lita Gates
What will you do?

Prestige: 95%

Evidence: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1386434#p1386434
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

screw you I'll go wherever I want to

The Storage Closet, to check for clues.

Sleeping is my life.

Hmph, guess consulting Lauren about which room to go to didn't work out well... Guess this is up to us, so...

Go to the storage closet.

Shy guy

Storage Closet, yeah.

Gettin' Old!

Kinda wish Litas response to the badge was to beat Vesti to the punch and shove her badge in his face. They are family after all.

Also SCREW YOU telling me where I can and can't go :P

Dash to the coffee station and buy Argenta a coffee then deliver that to her reminding her of how we were going to get coffee before the whole murder thing. Act casual like I'm taking a small break from the investigation to clear my head. Then ask her what her favourite food is AND then pretend to be a master of cooking that food and promise to make her some sometime to impress her.

Or y'know...ask her something investigation related...like ...stuff about the ladder and roof.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

Pierre wrote:
Kinda wish Litas response to the badge was to beat Vesti to the punch and shove her badge in his face. They are family after all.

...Dang it, now I wish I had done that.

Also, for those of you who are calling me mean names and/or being kept up at night wondering why you can’t go to those two rooms yet, it’s because I need to finish composing two songs first, which hopefully shouldn’t take that much more time...

Spoiler: Early update because this one’s super short.
Sorry, no posts here. I have been cold-bloodedly betrayed.

Move: Storage Closet

Vesti turns back to his sister and exclaims, “Sorry, Lita, but it looks like you’re gonna be on your own. I have to go get to the investigation part of my investigation.” “Wait, Vesti!” Lita shouts, “Can’t I come with you? I have to do MY investigation too, y’know!” Vesti shakes his head, and replies, “Sorry, Lita, but you’re probably gonna end up breaking something again, and I don’t want to deal with all that paperwork.” Lita crosses her arms, turns her nose up indignantly, and responds, “Well, fine! I’m gonna go do my OWN investigation, and I’m gonna arrest the real killer, and then I’LL get all the glory, and you’re gonna WISH you’d taken me with you! But then I’LL be the one turning YOU down!” Vesti mumbles, “Uh… You’re a defense attorney… You can’t even make an arrest…” “Sure, I can’t make an arrest LEGALLY,” Lita replies, “But even if I get sent to jail, it would be worth it because I would have TOTALLY shown you!” “Alright, fine, have fun with that,” Vesti sighs, turns to Lauren, and continues, “Come on Lauren. Let’s go check out that storage closet!” Lauren replies, “Sure, but can we take the stairs instead of that ladder?” Vesti replies, “Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.” With that, Vesti and Lauren finally walked out of the crime scene and made their way towards the nearest stairwell. Lita stayed at the crime scene and started stomping throughout the room, investigating with as much overexaggerated rage as she could muster. Until Vesti was out of sight, that is, upon which she burst out laughing.

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 1:55 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, 5th Floor Storage Closet.

The door to the storage closet was open when Lauren and Vesti arrived, and a light was on inside. The two quickly entered, finding themselves in a room that was about what one would expect from a storage closet. Various tools, mostly of the janitorial variety, were leaning against the walls or placed in baskets on the three rows of shelves which took up the right side of the closet. Two more shelves were on the wall straight ahead, but the bottom of the wall was occupied by a low window, the view from which was severely restricted by the angle and the hospital sign right in front. The left wall was taken up by a large peg board, on which several brooms of different shapes and sizes were hanging. All of them seemingly lacked signs of having been used.

Before Vesti gets the chance to examine anything in more detail, he notices someone else already investigating the room. This person was staring at the far wall, and turns around upon hearing people walking in. However, Vesti had already recognized him from the red hooded jacket he was wearing. Seeing Vesti, the man says, “…Not you again… Couldn’t you have picked a better time to come here? I’m too busy to deal with you.” Vesti replies, “Wow, you must really be busy here if you’re focusing on the actual murder instead of those video games…” Percy snaps, “I don’t need my lifestyle choices judged by some guy who gets his kicks from shoving a dirty badge in people’s faces.” Vesti shouts, “Hey! My badge may be a lot of things, but it isn’t dirty!” “Vesti, try to calm down,” Lauren interjects, “The sooner we finish investigating this closet, the sooner we can leave.” “I second that notion,” Percy mumbles, as he leans against the left wall and retrieves his 3DS again, “Just investigate this room as fast as you can, and leave me alone. I’m sure we’ll both be happier that way.” Vesti remarks, “Sure, I’ll try to do that first one… but I can’t make any guarantees about the second part.”

Investigation: 5th Floor Storage Closet
Examine:
Window, Broom Wall, Basket of Screwdrivers, Ladder, Bucket.
Talk:
Percy Graham
Accusing Dustin
Your Story
The Crime
Move:
Cammy’s Hospital Room
Security Room
Hospital Lobby
Present:
To Percy Graham
What will you do?

This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

Examine the basket of screwdrivers, and the window!

Talk about accusing Dustin, his story, and the crime.

Then presents Lita Gate's profile, so that Percy Graham will know that she's in the hospital as well.

Shy guy

Spite Percy by shoving our sparkly clean badge into his face again.

Then ask about accusing Dustin. For such an ace prosecutor, he sure got that one wrong.

Gettin' Old!

KamiPanda wrote:
Spite Percy by shoving our sparkly clean badge into his face again.

+1

Then I guess examine the low window
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Did we ever get Percy's favourite colour? Ask him that.

Also, the time is ripe for us to secretly poke him in the face with a stylus while we're asking him meaningless tripe like this! Go Vesti! Go!

We just have to make him glare at us with his glasses slightly lowered and that's it!

ASCEND

{{Yeah, sure guys, I see how it is. Tryin’ to make me include literally everything in one update, huh? Well, sorry, PALS, but that ain’t happenin’! I’m only doin’ about half of it, and there’s NOTHIN’ YOU CAN Do abOUT IT!!!}}

Spoiler: This thing still updates on Fridays, I swear.
OshaliteX2 wrote:
Ask Graham Cracker about his story and the crime.
Also speculate what things Vesti's badge is other than not-dirty.

Treble Tech wrote:
While talking to Graham, present your shiny, polished police badge to prove that you take impeccable care of it.

Sable-Xeno wrote:
inb4 Lita's the murderer

Take Percy's stylus and poke him...in the nose! And I guess talk to Percy about Lita.

Present: Percy Graham: Police Badge

Vesti reaches into his pocket, and starts to retrieve something. Percy, who unfortunately notices this out of the corner of his eye, exclaims, “Oh, for the love of-” Vesti interrupts him by shoving his sparkly clean badge into his face, and shouts, “See?! I told you my badge wasn’t dirty!” Percy sighs, looks back towards his 3DS, and replies, “Yeah, that’s really interesting.” “No! You’re not really looking!” Vesti shouts, “You’ve got to REALLY look! You’ve got to ingrain it into your mind! You’ve got to FEEL it’s shiny luster deep within your soul!” Percy rolls his eyes, and mumbles, “I’ve seen one already, and my prosecutor’s badge looks much cooler anyway.” Vesti gasps in horror, and shouts, “You… You… How dare you?!” In a deadpan tone, Percy responds, “Easily.” Vesti continues, “You… You realize that this means war, right? Well, how about it? Are you prepared to challenge me to a BADGE-OFF?!” Percy replies, “No, because I’d rather not sink to your level.” Vesti laughs, puts his badge away, and replies, “Ah, I see… So you’re too cowardly to face me, huh? I’m not surprised! Most people are.” Percy mumbles, “Well then, I really dodged a bullet there. I could have been seriously hurt.”

Talk: Percy Graham: Favorite Color

Vesti asks, “So, anyway, there’s something important I need to ask you, Percy. What is your favorite color?” “Oh, I don’t know,” Percy replies, “How about you just take a wild guess?” “Hmm…” Vesti mumbles, pretending to think carefully over the question, “Well, judging by your red jacket, and your red game thingy… I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s purple!” Percy sighs and turns to Vesti, glaring at him over the rim of his glasses. He points his stylus directly at Vesti’s face and shouts, “Look. I don’t like you, nor do I enjoy dealing with your pointless shenanigans. So, I would greatly appreciate it if you just finished your investigation here and left me alone!” Seeing his chance, Vesti quickly snatches the stylus from Percy’s hand and lightly jabs it into the side of his nose. Percy screams in a mix of rage, pain, and mild annoyance, snatches back his stylus, and shouts, “What in Hylia’s name do you think you’re doing?! I could have you arrested for assault for that?!” “Oh yeah,” Vesti responds, “Well, I could have YOU arrested for being a huge stick in the mud!” “That… That’s not… J- Just leave me alone…” Percy replies, returning to his game. Lauren gives Vesti a weird look, and whispers, “Could you refrain from harassing the prosecutor and get back to the actual investigation, please?” Vesti responds, “Yeah, I guess that would probably be a good idea.”

Examine: Window

Vesti tries to take a closer look at the low window without interfering with Percy’s personal bubble. The window takes up about the lower quarter of the wall, but the same hospital sign that interfered with the view from Cammy’s room covers most of its surface. The window is open, as its right pane has been slid to the left by about three quarters of the way across. Just in front of the opening is the ladder on the back of the hospital sign, which descends out of sight. Lauren remarks, “Well, it certainly does look like you could climb into this closet from the crime scene downstairs, and vice versa.” Vesti shouts, “And look, the window is open! That PROVES it must have been used!” Lauren shakes her head, and replies, “Well, not really… It seems like this closet can get pretty hot, so someone could have opened it to simply let cool air in.” Vesti sighs, and asks, “Come on, Lauren, why do you always have to tear apart my dreams and stomp all over their shattered pieces?!” Lauren answers, “I only stomp on your dreams after the evidence already has, which, unfortunately, seems to happen a lot.” Vesti responds, “Well, whatever. At least now we know that the possibility exists.”

Examine: Basket of Screwdrivers

Vesti quickly scans the shelves on the right wall of the closet, and his eyes stop on a small metal basket containing about ten screwdrivers. They seem to consist of many different kinds, include flathead and Phillips’ head. All of them have a dark blue handle. Vesti exclaims, “Whoa, Lauren, look at all these screwdrivers!” Lauren briefly glances over at the basket, and replies, “Uh… Yeah… They’re very interesting.” Vesti shouts, “But just look at this! There are, like, fifty screwdrivers in this one basket! Why do they need this many?” Percy mumbles, “First of all, there are only eleven screwdrivers in that basket. I counted them. Second of all, those are all spares. Apparently the janitor here is exceptionally skilled at losing things.” “Yeah, that sounds about right,” Vesti responds, “Who told you all this, anyway?” Percy explains, “I dunno. Some guy.” Vesti shouts, “Okay, seriously, who is this ‘some guy’, and why doesn’t he ever tell me anything?” Percy mumbles, “Perhaps he enjoys dealing with you just as much as I do.” {{Spare Screwdrivers added to Evidence}}

Talk: Percy Graham: Arresting Dustin

Lauren asks, “Speaking of Dustin, why did you accuse him of this murder so quickly?” “Because that’s what the evidence told me,” Percy replies, “I’ve resolved most of my cases that quickly, and I’ve almost always been right about it, too.” Vesti exclaims, “Well, you sure goofed it up this time!” Percy sighs, and continues, “Remember, you haven’t proven a thing, Vesti. Dustin could have just as easily committed the murder as your alleged third party, and I still firmly believe he did. I’m not changing my mind unless this investigation turns something up.” Vesti replies, “Y’know, we wouldn’t have had to deal with this if you had just let us finish the investigation before jumping to conclusions…” “Didn’t you hear what I just said?” Percy continues, “I’m not just some amateur charging into the crime scene and pointing fingers wildly like an aimbot in the enemy team’s base. I’ve had enough experience that I know how murderers think, and I know all the deceitful acts they’ll stoop to so they can hide their treachery. Acting like they’ve discovered the body, deceiving witnesses, outright lying to police officers: I’ve seen all of it. Why do you think I checked that screwdriver for blood almost immediately? I’ve had plenty of cases where the murder weapon is just washed and left in plain sight, especially if it's something incriminating. It seemed as if Dustin had already attempted many of these strategies, so I accused him.” Lauren remarks, “Still, that’s no reason not to take your time with the investigation. It always pays to be certain before making an accusation.” Percy glares at Lauren, and responds, “What, so they have the opportunity to get away? Cammy had a husband and a family, you know. If you want to be the one to tell them that her killer ran off somewhere because you took your sweet time investigating, be my guest. But I’m not gonna let that happen.” Lauren responds, “That’s why we close off the crime scenes, and keep related people from leaving town.” “...Whatever,” Percy mumbles, returning to his game. “I don’t need to explain my philosophy to the likes of you.”

Present: Percy Graham: Lita Gates

Vesti, in an attempt to return the conversation to something more lighthearted, pulls a picture of Lita Gates out of his wallet, and asks, “Hey, Percy, do you know anyone named Lita Gates?” “You mean that defense attorney who seems to always be under the influence of too much caffeine?” Percy replies, “Yeah, I’ve gone against her in court a few times.” Vesti continues, “Well, did you also know that she’s my older sister?” Percy mumbles, “Well, I guess that explains why you’re both so difficult to deal with… Why are you asking about her, anyway?” Lauren remarks, “She’s investigating this murder as well, apparently.” Percy responds, “Oh, so I get to deal with both of you? That’s brilliant.” Vesti asks, “So… There’s something I’ve been wondering… Are there any human beings that you DON’T hate with a burning passion?” Percy mumbles, “My personal life isn’t any of your business.”

Investigation: 5th Floor Storage Closet
Examine:
Broom Wall, Ladder, Bucket.
Talk:
Percy Graham
Accusing Dustin
Your Story
The Crime
Move:
Cammy’s Hospital Room
Security Room
Hospital Lobby
Present:
To Percy Graham
What will you do?

{{also examine the broom wall and the ladder please it’s not necessary but I wanna write those tbh}}

Last edited by Planetbox on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleeping is my life.

Examine the ladder. Trying to puts in the good ol' "ladder vs. stepladder" argument?

Examine the broom wall.

Then talk about his story, and the crime!

Shy guy

Ask Percy what game he's playing, I'm kinda curious now.

Otherwise, er, yeah, examine the things and talk to the guy. Hanzo pretty much covered it.

Happy Maria

YES TAKE THAT PERCY YOU JERK

Um, yeah, everyone has this covered. After finishing up everything, just....go to the hospital lobby, I guess.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Maybe someday I will get back into my normal update schedule… but that day is NOT today!
R.I.P. posts

Examine: Ladder

Vesti, desperate to find more evidence, turns around and notices a steel stepladder leaning on the back wall to the right of the entrance. He remarks, “Hmm… Maybe there’s some evidence hidden behind that ladder?” Lauren takes a cursory glance at it and replies, “I highly doubt there would be anything there… Besides, that’s clearly a ladder.” Vesti shouts, “Lauren, is it REALLY worth the distinction? A stepladder is just another type of ladder. Why do I need to be so specific about it?” Lauren exclaims, “While ladders and stepladders have a similar function, keep in mind that they are still used differently. Stepladders are more commonly used to reach high places in the center of a room, while ladders have to be leaned against a wall. So yes, I believe a distinction is necessary.” “While I personally believe this discussion to be a complete waste of time,” Percy interjects, “I would like to emphasize that this is a murder investigation. In order to find the killer, we can’t skip details or cut corners. We must be as specific as possible. Vesti, if you continue this behavior, you’re no worse than the person who took Cammy’s life!” Vesti mumbles, “Well, excuse me… I hadn’t realized generalizing ladders was a crime equivalent to murder…”

Examine: Broom Wall

Vesti takes a look at the left wall of the storage closet, where several different brooms are attached to a pegboard. Several makeshift paper plaques have been placed beneath or near each broom. Vesti remarks, “Is it just me, or have I seen these brooms somewhere before?” “Yeah, I’m getting the same vibe myself… Maybe one of these plaques will help jog our memory?” Lauren leans over to read aloud the plaque beneath the closest broom. “‘The SweepMaster2, an improved model. This broom was first conceived in Turkey circa 1955, when the original SweepMaster broom was torn up by the designer’s cat, leading him to a new design with vast improvements. The broom is famous for its range and the carrying capacity of its bristles, which were actually made from-’ Okay, that didn’t help at all, and I’d rather not have to read eight more sentences of this.” Vesti replies, “What even is this? Some kind of broom museum? I haven’t seen this in the tourist brochures!” Percy briefly glances at the wall out of curiosity, and then does a double-take and mumbles, “…Is that a Quidditch broom?” Vesti exclaims, “Whatever this is, I think I know who’s behind it. I can only think of one person who’d be this… uh… interested in brooms…”

Talk: Percy Graham: The Crime

Vesti asks, “So, Percy, what do you think about this crime?” Percy, not really paying attention, replies, “Haven’t I already told you my conclusions about this murder?” “Well, yes, I suppose so…” Vesti responds, “But how do you feel about how this crime was committed?” Percy answers, “If you really insist on making me repeat myself, I believe Dustin stabbed the victim in her hospital room, and then claimed he merely discovered the body. It’s as simple as that.” Vesti mumbles, “Well… uh… That’s not quite… uh…” “Actually, there is something about this crime that’s been on my mind recently,” Lauren interjects, “According to Dustin, he locked the door after he left the crime scene… So, who else in this hospital would have possessed a key to unlock that door?” “Good question. I actually know the answer to that,” Percy explains, “Simply put, pretty much everyone could have unlocked it. Every hospital room here has the same kind of lock, and every doctor carries the key to all of those locks. I suppose it’s a necessity in case there’s some kind of emergency.” “So, anyone could have gotten in that way,” Lauren mumbles, “Then again, they’d be caught clearly on camera if they tried.” Vesti shouts, “Wait! What about this storage closet? Does it have a lock on it?!” Percy replies, “Well, that’s where things get a little more complicated. Apparently, all the storage closets have the same lock, and so do most of the offices. I think the main office is the only one with its own lock. Obviously anyone with an office gets the office keys, but the other two are reserved for a key ring that holds keys which collectively unlock every door in the building. Apparently the only people who have these key rings are the hospital’s director, some of the higher-ranking doctors such as Argenta, and Dustin.” Vesti replies, “So, I guess only a few people could have gotten into this storage closet…” {{Hospital Key Rings added to Evidence. Also so were the Spare Screwdrivers, I forgot to mention those in the last update the first time.}}

Talk: Percy Graham: Your Story

Vesti asks, “Hey, Percy, what’s YOUR life story?” Percy replies, “I fail to see what that has to do with anything.” Lauren responds, “I suppose it doesn’t. But I myself am curious as to why you became a prosecutor at such a young age. That takes a lot of focus and determination.” “…I had my reasons to do what I did,” Percy replies, “Reasons I’m not interested in sharing with the likes of you.” “Now that’s just rude,” Vesti responds, “How are you gonna make friends with that attitude?!” Percy sighs, glares at Vesti, and asks, “Tell me, Vesti… Have you ever dealt with hardship?” “Uh… Well…” Vesti answers, “My pet goldfish died when I was six…” Percy continues, “And what noble goal led you to pursue a career as a detective?” “Well… To be honest…” Vesti explains, “I just really liked those detective shows on TV…” “I figured as much,” Percy replies, “If you want to prance about preaching of the beauty of friendship, I can’t stop you. But I have far more important things to worry about. And I like to keep my priorities straight.” This remark is followed by an awkwardly long period of silence, before Vesti suddenly asks, “Hey, Percy! What game are you playing?” In response, Percy snaps, “…That’s none of your business.”

Move: Hospital Lobby

Vesti leans over to Lauren and whispers, “Hey, I don’t think there’s anything else worth looking at here, and I think if we hang around here any longer, Percy’s probably gonna kill us.” Lauren replies, “Good idea. But where should we go now? Personally, I think the security office would be worth-” Vesti exclaims, “I think we should check out the lobby!” Lauren asks, “What? Why?” “Great, let’s go!” Vesti continues, dashing out of the storage closet and back towards the elevator. Lauren sighs, and follows him. With her gone, Percy puts away his 3DS and resumes his investigation.

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 2:20 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Lobby.

Vesti finally arrives in the hospital lobby, Lauren close behind him. He takes a look around the room, but doesn’t see much that he hadn’t seen before. The only things in the room are some chairs, the front desk, and a few potted plants. Vesti remarks, “Well, I honestly expected more from this place. How disappointing!” Lauren replies, “I wouldn’t expect any evidence to be here, as by our understanding nothing related to the murder occurred in this room. But perhaps we should check back later… Who knows, maybe we’ll meet someone important...”

Investigation: Hospital Lobby
Examine:
Chairs, Front Desk.
Talk:
There is no one here...
Move:
Cammy’s Hospital Room
Storage Closet
Security Room
Present:
To Lauren Tehra
What will you do?

Shy guy

Socot, ever the chaos element XD

Move back to the storage closet just to annoy Percy, then move to the security room.

Happy Maria

Goddammit I didn't know that there'd be no one there gimme a break

Before moving to security rooms, take a good look at the high quality chairs. Are they wooden? Plastic? Or made of fabric? And did I just rhyme?

So also consider pursuing a rap career

Gettin' Old!

Take a moment to take a break and consult with Lauren on what she thinks of: Percy/Lita/the case/my chances at scoring a date with Argenta if she's not the murderer (big if)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Spoiler: Top 10 Anime Betrayals
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY HAVE I BEEN FORSAKEN

Examine: Chairs

Vesti closely examines the chairs, which are made of wood, but with fabric cushions covering the back and the seat. They seem fairly comfortable. On a scale of one to ten, Vesti would give them about a seven in the comfiness factor. Most of the chairs are currently occupied by people who Vesti deems completely irrelevant to the case, but one close by is still available. Vesti, deciding to take a break, sits down in the chair, crosses his legs, and leans against the back of the chair with his head resting on his hands. Unfortunately, his moment of relaxation is quickly interrupted when Lauren asks, “Why exactly are we still wasting our time here?” Unable to come up with a witty and stinging retort, Vesti simply sighs and stands up again.

Consult: The Case

Vesti asks, “Lauren, what do you think about this case?” Lauren replies, “I believe that your theory involving the ladder and the bedsheets is most likely correct. Dustin never struck me as someone who could commit murder, and that’s really the only method the killer could have used to frame him.” Vesti continues, “So, you’re saying that Percy’s a dumb jerk who was wrong about everything?!” “Well… I wouldn’t go that far,” Lauren replies, “Percy doesn’t have the same knowledge about Dustin that we do, and his motives seem noble enough… He’s still dead wrong, of course.” “Aw yeah, that’s what I’m talking about!” Vesti shouts, “Anyway, I wonder why the killer specifically chose Dustin to frame…” Lauren answers, “Well, there are plenty of reasons… Perhaps the killer had some kind of grudge against Dustin… again… or maybe he was just a convenient scapegoat?” “Actually, you know what?” Vesti suddenly responds, “Forget all that! This pointless detour to the lobby is my chance to enjoy a few moments of relaxation! So, let’s talk about something more light-hearted! Like my sister! Tell me, Lauren, what do you think of her?” “I don’t know, honestly…” Lauren replies, “It seems like she tends to take minor slights way to personally.” Vesti shouts, “Hey, what’s THAT supposed to mean?! Are you IMPLYING something here?!” Lauren mumbles, “I will admit that I can certainly see the familial resemblance…”

Consult: Argenta Gold

“Hey, Lauren,” Vesti asks, “So, me and Argenta… What do ya think?” Lauren raises her eyebrow skeptically, and replies, “…Excuse me, what are you asking me here?” Vesti winks, nudges her with his elbow, and continues, “Like, Argenta… and me… You pickin’ up what I’m puttin’ down here?” Lauren replies, “Well… Uh, no… I’m afraid not…” Vesti throws his hands into the air in frustration, and responds, “Geez, some friend you are! I don’t even know why I asked you!” Lauren mumbles, “Well, I suppose that makes two of us…”

Move: Storage Closet

“Hey, Lauren, can you go to the security office ahead of me?” Vesti asks, “I have some… err… ‘business’ to take care of back at the storage closet, and then I’ll meet you there later!” Lauren replies, “Well… I guess? Why do you need to go back to the storage closet?” “That’s a good question, and a good question deserves a good answer,” Vesti responds, “Unfortunately, I can’t give you a good answer, so I just won’t answer at all! See ya!” With that less than satisfying explanation, Vesti dashes off towards the elevators and quickly disappears. Lauren merely sighs, and leaves for the stairs instead.

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 2:25 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Storage Closet.

“HEY, PERCY! I’M BACK!” Vesti shouts, opening the door to the storage closet and slamming it into the wall with enough force to rattle many of the tools on the shelves. The resulting noise would be loud enough to bother anyone in the closet, but, unfortunately for Vesti, there is no one in the closet. Percy Graham most likely finished his investigation and left fairly recently. Vesti, his quest a complete failure, clenches his fists, angrily shouts, “GOSH DANG IT!”, and quickly departs for the security room, slamming the door behind him. A few seconds after Vesti leaves, a single mop in the storage closet falls over with a pathetic clang.

Move: Security Room

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 2:27 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Security Room.

The security room, which lies at approximately the center of the clinic’s third floor, is fairly standard for a security room. It contains very few notable features other than the large array of monitors that can be seen on the left wall when entering, which show live feeds from various areas in the hospital. A few rolling chairs sit in front of a desk at the base of the monitors, which also supports a small laptop that’s hooked up to them. This computer most likely stores past footage. All in all, the setup reminds Vesti of the one at his own police station. Eerily, the room itself is dimly lit, and the security monitors provide most of the light. Two people are already in the room when Vesti arrives. Of course, the first is Lauren Tehra, but the second is Dustin Panne.

Upon seeing Vesti enter the room, Dustin remarks, “Ah, there you are, Mr. Gates. I’d like to thank you for defending me earlier. You performed excellently.” “No problem! I’m just doing my job!” Vesti walks into the room, and continues, “So, we can view all the security footage here, right?” Lauren replies, “Exactly. Unfortunately, there isn’t that much to view… There aren’t any cameras in the rooms, and there aren’t any on the fifth floor either. Apparently it’s because there aren’t any patients up there, so installing cameras there wasn’t deemed worth the expenses.” “That’s correct. Still, there’s plenty of footage of the hallway directly outside the crime scene that could help us,” Dustin explains, “Many years ago, I worked as a security guard at a museum for a while. The computers back then were like toasters compared to the ones in this hospital, but I was still able to figure out how to work these fairly easily. When you’re ready to view the footage, just ask me.”

Investigation: Security Room
Examine:
Water Fountain, Potted Plant.
Talk:
Dustin Panne
The Murder
Security Cameras
Move:
Cammy’s Hospital Room
Storage Closet
Hospital Lobby
Main Office
Present:
To Dustin Panne
What will you do?

Shy guy

Darn, guess Percy must have been following our brilliant investigation, so he didn't need to stick around much longer afterwards.

Examine that potted plant, it's suspicious!

Then present the Spare Screwdrivers to Dustin, followed by the Hospital Key Rings.

Gettin' Old!

Sounds good to me

Examine the footage
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Talk to him about the murders and the security cameras

Then ask him why he can tell keep a stable job for more than one second

Sleeping is my life.

Talk about the murder and the security cameras.

ASCEND

Spoiler: I forgot what I was gonna put here.
Hello blackness, my bygone pal

Examine: Potted Plant

Vesti takes a look at the potted plant, which sits in a terracotta pot in the corner of the room, near the entrance. Vesti isn’t certain what genus of plant it is, since it possesses no defining features, and simply resembles a cluster of leaves in the vague shape of a bush. A piece of paper is taped to the front of the pot, with “Planty the Potted Plant” written on it in black sharpie. Unfortunately, the plant is shriveled up, and looks to be teetering on the verge of death, probably on account of the lack of natural light in the room. Vesti asks, “Lauren, do you think it’d be breaking investigative procedures if we tried to save this poor potted plant from its imminent demise?” Lauren shakes her head, and explains, “Sorry, Vesti, but that’s not our jurisdiction. Perhaps after it dies, we could officially get involved in the investigation.” “That’s a shame,” Vesti mumbles, “Well, Planty, I can’t say whether you’ll recover from this tragedy, but I can say that you’ve touched many people’s hearts in more ways than you can possibly imagine. But, that’s not a reason to give up. That’s a reason to fight on even harder, y’hear me?! You can recover from this, Planty! I believe in you!” Lauren remarks, “Vesti, could you at least TRY to stay focused?”

Present: Dustin Panne: Hospital Key Rings

Lauren asks, “Dustin, we heard that you have a ring of keys that unlock every door in this hospital. Can you show it to us?” “Sure,” Dustin replies, pulling a ring of keys out of his pocket. He holds it in front of him, revealing five silver keys jingling on the bottom. He continues, “Since it’s my job to make sure every room in this hospital is clean, I need the keys to every room in this hospital. Fortunately, there aren’t that many, since all the hospital rooms, offices, and closets have the same key.” Vesti replies, “Still, you’re not the only person who has a key ring like that, right?” “Exactly,” Dustin answers, “Obviously, the director has one, and a few of the higher ranking doctors have them too. People on the same level as Argenta, basically.” Lauren jots the information down in her notepad, mumbling, “So, those are the only people who could have gotten into that storage closet… That certainly narrows down our list of potential suspects… Thanks for the help.” “No problem,” Dustin confidently replies, only to continue a few seconds later, “…Actually, now that I think about it, you might want to hold off on writing that down…” Vesti shouts, “What? Why?” “Well, there’s something I forgot to mention…” Dustin explains, “This isn’t the key ring I got from the director… This is a spare I had made by a locksmith, just in case…” “Wait…” Vesti shouts, “Are you saying you got your key stolen AGAIN?!” Dustin responds, “Hey, all I did was leave it in my cart while I used the bathroom… Then when I got back, it was gone… This was about a week ago, for the record.” Vesti mumbles, “I can’t tell what you attract more frequently: dead bodies, or wily key thieves.” “To be fair,” Dustin continues, “I only lost a key once before that incident at the stadium, and that one was the ignition key to my old school bus at an elementary school. Some kid named Carl stole it and flushed it down a toilet, and then they fired me.” “Seriously, Dustin,” Vesti asks, “Why can’t you keep a stable job for longer than a month?” Dustin replies, “In my defence, my wife makes a pretty stable income… As for me, everyone calls me a free spirit.” Vesti mumbles, “So, basically, you have no idea what you’re doing…” “All that aside,” Lauren interjects, “If that key ring disappeared a week ago, then someone else most likely has it. Which increases the suspect pool by quite a bit, unfortunately…” {{Hospital Key Rings updated in Evidence}}

Talk: Dustin Panne: The Murder

Vesti asks, “Dustin, what do you think about the murder?” “Uhh… It’s quite a shame, I suppose…” Dustin replies, “How else am I supposed to feel about it?” Vesti continues, “Well, I’m really asking about the case itself. Do you have any theories about who killed the victim, or why she was murdered?” Dustin shakes his head, and explains, “To be totally honest, I barely interacted with most of the people at this hospital, nor did I talk to Cammy much back when I worked here as a doctor. Still, I do know one thing for certain about this murder… I didn’t do it.” Vesti mumbles, “Well, I guess that’s a good thing to be certain of…” Dustin continues, “For that reason, I believe your theory about how the crime was committed is correct. Mainly because it means I’m not guilty.” Vesti responds, “Yeah, I’m quite proud of it myself…”

Talk: Dustin Panne: Security Cameras

Lauren asks, “Can we view the relevant security footage now?” “Certainly,” Dustin replies, “Just stand in front of the monitor, and I’ll get it set up.” Dustin sits in the chair and begins navigating through some program on the laptop, as Vesti and Lauren walk over to the array of monitors and look up at it. Each monitor shows the view from a different camera. The footage is in black and white, but the quality is clear enough that distance is the only thing reducing its clarity. Vesti remarks, “Hmm… I wonder which monitor shows the camera outside the crime scene?” “Probably this one,” Lauren answers, pointing at a monitor on the array’s fourth level, which shows several policemen wandering about outside a doorway partially covered in crime scene tape. The camera is pointed at the door, but at a slight angle. Vesti replies, “Yeah, that must be it… It doesn’t look like much is happening, though.” Suddenly, a woman dressed all in white with short hair appears on screen, pushing a cart loaded with many frightening, sharp instruments. Upon noticing her, Lauren mumbles, “Hmm… I swear I’ve seen that woman somewhere before.” The woman glowers in the general direction of the camera before turning to enter the crime scene, shouting at a few policemen who are taking their time to remove the tape blocking her entrance. Vesti exclaims, “Ah, it looks like Ann Istheesa is finally here to perform the autopsy!” “Oh, right,” Lauren replies, “We should probably go back to the crime scene to talk to her at some point.” Vesti responds, “Well, we should probably give her some time first… I don’t want to deal with her yelling at me again…”

Suddenly, Dustin exclaims, “Alright, I have the footage in front of Cammy’s room pulled up on the monitor. The time is a little before 12:00.” Vesti and Lauren surround Dustin, and lean over to get a better look at the laptop’s rather small screen. The footage is indeed at the same angle as the monitor they were just looking at. A timestamp in the bottom-left corner of the screen reads today’s date and 11:59 PM. Vesti asks, “Can you speed the footage up any? I’d rather not be watching this stuff for an hour.” “Of course,” Dustin replies, and tries to increase the footage speed. However, before he gets the chance, two figures appear and move towards Cammy’s hospital room, forcing Dustin to pause it at the request of the two detectives. The time reads 12:00, and a young man in a suit and a woman in a lab coat with a long ponytail are frozen on-screen about a foot from the door. Vesti exclaims, “Oh, that’s Argenta! I’d recognize her hair anywhere! …Can’t say I’m certain about that other man though.” Dustin mumbles, “I’ll pause it when they come out so we can get a better look at him.” He speeds up the footage, and pauses it after Argenta and the man leave the hospital room a few minutes later. Vesti still doesn’t recognize the mysterious man, but Dustin explains, “Oh, I know who that is. That’s Cammy’s husband. He came to visit her everyday, usually around 12:00.” “I see…” Lauren mumbles, writing in her notepad, “And I imagine Argenta was here to refill Cammy’s IV bag… Alright, continue the footage.” Dustin lets it run until about 12:25, when he again pauses it as a figure approaches the door. Vesti immediately remarks, “Oh… uhh… that’s Argenta… again… Maybe she forgot something?” Dustin replies, “She could have just been checking in on Cammy since she was in the area. She tends to do stuff like that a lot.” Lauren mumbles, “Let’s see when she leaves.” Dustin continues the footage for about seven in-footage minutes, when Argenta finally emerges. Lauren remarks, “Whatever she did in there, it sure took her a while.” Vesti responds, “Uhh… Maybe she got distracted…” Dustin resumes the footage, and nothing noteworthy happens until Dustin enters the crime scene at 12:45, and flees in horror. Vesti exclaims, “Wow, you look kinda goofy there!” Dustin replies, “Judging by the situation, I think my goofiness was well-founded.” The footage continues uninterrupted until 12:50, when Vesti, Argenta, and Dustin arrive at the crime scene. Lauren mumbles, “Well, that was interesting, but there wasn’t really anything case-changing. I guess that would make sense though, as according to our theory the killer went out of their way to avoid the cameras.” “Hey, Dustin,” Vesti asks, “Can you make the camera show the lobby at around 12:40?” “Why?” Dustin asks. Vesti replies, “Hey, I’m the detective here! Don’t make me arrest you for obstruction of justice!” “Fine, fine,” Dustin responds, “Just give me a minute to set it up…”

While waiting for Dustin to get the footage he requested pulled up, Vesti takes a quick glimpse at the real-time footage outside the crime scene. Curiously, he sees one of the policemen pushing what appears to be Dustin’s janitorial cart out of the door, and leaving it in the hallway. He doesn’t think on it for very long, assuming that it was removed to give Ann more room to perform her autopsy. After all, the cart had been placed fairly close to the end of the bed, and she had brought in another cart herself.

“Alright, here you go,” Dustin remarks, as the footage from the lobby begins playing on-screen. “Have fun.” Vesti looks back to the monitor and points at it, shouting, “Hey, look, there I am!” Dustin mumbles, “That’s all you needed this for? Give me a break…” Taking a closer look at the footage, Lauren exclaims, “Wow, it looks like you an Argenta were really hitting it off.” “Yeah, I know,” Vesti replies, “See, check out how cool I look there!” Suddenly, Dustin runs on-screen, and after a few seconds Vesti and Argenta run out of the lobby. “Seriously, Dustin,” Vesti remarks, “Couldn’t you have picked a better time to find a body?” “Alright, that’s enough,” Dustin shouts, closing the program, “That footage is totally irrelevant. The only other people in the lobby were random patients visiting for a check-up…” Lauren asks, “Oh, so you’re saying you didn’t recognize anyone in that lobby?” “Exactly,” Dustin answers, “Other than Argenta, Vesti, and myself, that is…” Lauren mumbles, “Hmm… Perhaps that information could prove useful at some point…” and records Dustin’s testimony in her notepad. {{Security Footage added to Evidence}}

While Lauren and Dustin were talking, Vesti was scanning the array of monitors, not really looking for anything, but wanting something to look at. His eyes pass over the real-time footage from the camera outside the crime scene, where he sees a figure in hospital scrubs, a hairnet, and a face mask slowly pushing Dustin’s janitorial cart down the hallway. He simply looks on, but when the impact of what he saw finally hits him, Vesti shouts, “H- Huh?! Dustin! Someone’s stealing your cart!” “WHAT?!” Dustin shouts, rushing over to where Vesti stands to get a better look. He just barely sees the figure pushing the cart off-screen. “Wh- Where’d they go? They’ve gotta show up on another camera somewhere!” “Over here!” Lauren shouts, pointing to another monitor on the fourth row. Vesti looks over to it, and sees the same figure from before. The camera shows them pushing the cart into an elevator, but the camera angle makes it impossible to see the button they pushed or the display above the elevator. Dustin slams his hands on the desk, and shouts, “They’re gone! They could be anywhere now! Quick, try to spot them on the rest of the monitors!” The three spend an extra minute searching, but see no sign of the janitorial cart. They do spot several figures in scrubs, but since the facility is a hospital, that’s to be expected. Dustin sighs, and shouts, “You’ve gotta be kidding me! How do trained police officers conducting a murder investigation lose track of a janitorial cart?!” “I’m wondering the same thing,” Vesti replies, “But don’t worry, Dustin, we’ll keep an eye out for that cart on our investigation… And I’ll give someone on the force a stern talking to about this…” {{Stolen Janitor’s Cart added to Evidence}}

Investigation: Security Room
Examine:
Water Fountain.
Talk:
Dustin Panne
The Murder
Security Cameras
Move:
Cammy’s Hospital Room
Storage Closet
Hospital Lobby
Main Office
Present:
To Dustin Panne
What will you do?

Sleeping is my life.

Consults with Lauren and suggests that the thief is most likely Cammy's killer.

Move to the main office.

Happy Maria

Ask Dustin what his wife does for a living.

And then request him to take care of Planty for us.

Then examine the water fountain and move back to the main office.

Gettin' Old!

Speculate: The Cart-Thief may be a master of disguise and been both the policeman and the scrub-wearing fellow.

Check the camera outside/around the storage closet at the time frame when Argenta was in the room for 7 minutes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Does presenting the Spare Screwdrivers to Dustin not do anything, or is it worth trying again?

Pierre wrote:
Check the camera outside/around the storage closet at the time frame when Argenta was in the room for 7 minutes.

Aren't there no cameras around there to begin with? Which is why we're unable to use the camera to find who went in and out of the storage closet to murder Cammy.

Gettin' Old!

KamiPanda wrote:
Does presenting the Spare Screwdrivers to Dustin not do anything, or is it worth trying again?

Pierre wrote:

Aren't there no cameras around there to begin with? Which is why we're unable to use the camera to find who went in and out of the storage closet to murder Cammy.

Possibly and I forgot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

KamiPanda wrote:

Exactly. There aren’t any security cameras on the fifth floor.
Also, presenting the screwdrivers doesn’t do anything important, and I’m too lazy to write some random pointless discussion about them.

Spoiler: placeholder message
Treble Tech wrote:
Head back to Cammy's hospital room for now.

OshaliteX2 wrote:
EXAMINE THE WATER FOUNTAI--n *cough*

Examine: Water Fountain

Vesti walks over to the water fountain and takes a look at it in detail. It consists of a silver basin embedded into the wall, with a faucet protruding from the bottom-right, and a drain near the center. A button is present on the faucet, and when it is pressed, a stream of water emerges from the faucet, arcs into the air, and then lands near the drain, where it proceeds to flow inside and through the pipes to a new location. By leaning towards the fountain while it is active, it is possible to drink the water, though doing so does come at risk of accidentally splashing yourself or your surroundings. The basin also extends upward and has a slot in the back in which a water bottle can be inserted. Some kind of sensor in the back seems to detect anything placed into the slot, and then a faucet near the top unleashes a stream of water for a set amount of time, all of which would ideally land in the container. This allows one to easily take water with them on the go, without dealing with the hassle of filling it from the other faucet and holding the bottle at a nearly 45-degree angle.

As interesting as all that is, Vesti has come in contact with drinking fountains before, and this particular one has no relevance to the case at hand, so Vesti only lingers by the fountain for about five seconds.

Consult: Cart Thief

Vesti walks back to Lauren, and asks, “So, do you think the person who stole Dustin’s cart is the same one who murdered Cammy?” “Well, probably, since I doubt there are two people going around and committing felonies in this case,” Lauren replies, “But I can’t think of any reason why the killer would have chosen to steal that cart… Perhaps they left some important piece of evidence in it, and we somehow didn’t notice it?” Vesti responds, “Maybe… That seems like the only explanation…” “However,” Lauren continues, “The thief couldn’t have predicted that the cart would be moved out of the room by that police officer… It’s more likely that they saw it out in the hallway and decided to steal it when they had the chance… Basically, the theft couldn’t have been planned, at least not until they saw the cart in the hallway…” “But wait!” Vesti shouts, “What if the killer is a master of disguise, and he dressed up as a police officer to move the cart, then came back later in the scrubs to steal it!” Lauren shakes her head, and replies, “That doesn’t make any sense… The police officer went back into the crime scene, so he couldn’t have suddenly appeared in the hallway… Unless he climbed up the ladder behind the sign, but someone would have easily seen him… Besides, no one with the motive to kill Cammy could have gotten their hands on a police uniform.” Vesti sighs, and mumbles, “I suppose you’re right… Still, that’s kinda disappointing…”

Talk: Dustin Panne: Family Matters

“Now you’ve got me curious, Dustin,” Vesti asks, “What does your wife do for a living?” Dustin explains, “She does a fairly famous cooking show. Her name’s Phryne. If you follow the professional cooking scene, you’ve probably heard of her.” Vesti replies, “Phryne Panne… No, I can’t say I recognize the name. Then again, I don’t really watch TV that much anymore.” “I see…” Dustin replies, “Anyway, she was our main source of income when I was constantly changing jobs… and she still is, since most of my janitorial ventures barely earn me any money…” Vesti mumbles, “Well, I’m sure it’s nice to know you can be a ‘free spirit’ for as long as you want…”

Move: Main Office

Vesti remarks, “I think it’s about time we learned more about this hospital and some of the incidents surrounding it. So, I suggest we go to the main office and finally have a talk with the director!” “That sounds like a good idea,” Lauren replies, “Where is the main office, anyway?” “Uhh…” Vesti mumbles, “I honestly have no idea…” Dustin sighs, and explains, “It’s on the 5th floor, on the opposite side of the building from the storage closet. It should be fairly easy to find, considering it has the most grandiose entrance in the entire hospital.” “Thanks, Dustin! Now the investigation is back on track! Let’s go!” Vesti shouts, quickly dashing out of the security room, forcing Lauren to quickly follow him.

Date: Tuesday, January 5th, 2016. Time: 2:42 PM. Location: Gold Clinic, Main Office.

After arriving on the fifth floor and wandering around aimlessly for a couple minutes, the group finally finds the entrance to the main office, which consists of two large wooden doors decorated extravagantly with what appears to be gold leaf. The leftmost door is open, so Vesti and Lauren quickly walk in. Judging by the entrance, the two expect the office inside to be particularly well-kept and organized, but are soon shocked to discover that it is instead in completely disarray. Various papers and files are spread across the floor, spreading outwards from three filing cabinets in the far left corner of the room. The room’s back wall is taken up by a large picture window, through which sunlight shines onto the large, wooden desk in the center of the room. This is also in disarray, with various items having fallen sideways on the desk or onto the floor. Throughout the rest of the room it’s the same: framed pictures left leaning against the wall, books lying open on the floor in front of a small, empty bookcase, and a dejected looking stethoscope protruding from under the desk.

Ignoring the room’s chaotic state, Vesti looks towards the window, and quickly notices someone standing in front of it, back turned to the entrance. Hearing Vesti and Lauren enter the room, the figure turns around. As one would expect from a doctor at the facility, she wears a white lab coat, but the rest of her clothes are just as white, with the occasional gold trimming. She wears thin glasses with a silver rim, and has short, neat yellow hair. Though she now faces Vesti and Lauren, she still isn’t making eye contact, instead writing something on a clipboard she holds in her left hand.

After a few awkward seconds in which the woman doesn’t say anything, Lauren asks, “Uhh… Are you the director of this hospital?” “Indeed I am,” the woman answers, “I am Dr. Aura Gold. I inherited this hospital from my father many years ago. You two must be detectives investigating the unfortunate events that transpired today.” “Uh… Yeah…” Vesti replies, “My name is Vesti Gates, and this is Lauren Tehra. We’re here to ask you some questions about Cammy Tose.” Aura flips to another page on her clipboard, writes something near the top, and then does the same thing on another page. While doing so, she mumbles, “Vesti Gates… Lauren Tehra…” Judging by her tone, Vesti assumes that she’s vocalizing the things she writes on the paper. Somewhat annoyed by the continued silence, Vesti mumbles, “Umm… So, Dr. Gold… Honestly, considering your status and your appearance, I’m surprised you keep your room this disorganized…” Aura returns to the previous page on her clipboard and writes something, mumbling, “Subject is very quick to make assumptions…” Looking up from her clipboard, she explains, “My room is not normally in this particular state. Ideally, everything would be in its correct position, and the floor would be unlittered. Unfortunately, it seems an unknown party somehow entered my room and scattered my belongings about with reckless abandon… and quite recently.” “Wait…” Lauren asks, “Are you saying that your room was ransacked?” Aura flips to another page and begins writing, mumbling, “Subject possesses a remarkable skill at auditory comprehension…” Aura places her pen behind her earlobe, and continues, “Exactly. I myself am uncertain of when this event transpired. Still, it is highly likely that it is relevant to your investigation. I will not allow anything to interfere with this hospital’s capacity to heal our patients, so I will give you whatever information I can.” Vesti silently reflects, (The murder of a comatose patient, the theft of a janitorial cart, and the ransacking of the director’s office… I wonder how these events are related? Perhaps I can get some answers from her…)

Investigation: Aura’s Office
Examine:
Window, Bookcase, Desk, Filing Cabinets, Pictures.
Talk:
Aura Gold
Office Ransacking
Cammy Tose
Argenta Gold
Move:
Cammy’s Hospital Room
Security Room
Storage Closet
Hospital Lobby
Argenta’s Office
Present:
To Aura Gold
What will you do?

Sleeping is my life.

Examine the filing cabinets, desk, bookcase, and the pictures.

Talk about Cammy Tose, office ransacking, and Argenta Gold. Comments on that since Aura and Argenta shares the same last name, they must be related to each other.

Happy Maria

Present Aura our Police Badge to show our profession. Then ask her about her favourite colour.

Then imitate her voice saying 'Subject has tendency to voice out whatever notes she takes'

That'll show her

Shy guy

Present the Hospital Key Rings I guess.

Otherwise yeah, examine the things and talk about the other things.

Gettin' Old!

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Examine the filing cabinets, desk, bookcase, and the pictures.

Talk about Cammy Tose, office ransacking, and Argenta Gold. Comments on that since Aura and Argenta shares the same last name, they must be related to each other.

Hey man leave some for the rest of us?

Guess I'll examine the window.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ASCEND

Okay, guys, I know this is a Choose Your Own Adventure and all, but can you try to not suggest almost everything that can possibly be done in a room at once? I’m just one guy here, school just started, and I like to finish these things in a day, so I’d be ignoring a bunch of things in favor of my sanity anyway. Yes, due to the number of posts all the actions might collectively cover everything in the room, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to limit your posts to less than five actions.

Spoiler: okily dokily, here we go-ily
OshaliteX2 wrote:
STOP
Before we do ANYTHING ELSE...
Present police badge and ask favorite color.

Okay, now then also talk about ransackage, Cammy, and maybe Argenta.

Present: Aura Gold: Police Badge

Vesti begins by doing what he always does when meeting new people: taking out his police badge. Waving it in Aura’s face, he shouts, “THIS is my police badge!” Aura stares at it for a few seconds, looks back to her clipboard and retrieves her pen, but then looks back at the police badge. Her eyes dart around the room as she rapidly clicks her pen. Lauren, concerned, asks, “…Dr. Gold… Is there something wrong?” Aura slowly replies, “Uhh… No… I’m sorry, I just don’t know how to respond to something like this… I’ve never seen another person act in this manner… Forgive me for asking, but are you foreign, Mr. Gates? Am I expected to present my medical degree in response?” Vesti answers, “What? No! I’m just proud of my police badge, and I like showing it to everyone I meet! That’s all!” Aura responds, “Oh, alright… I’ll make a note of that, just in case I encounter someone who exhibits similar behavior again someday…” Aura begins to write on her clipboard, but Lauren interjects, “I wouldn’t worry about that. Vesti is just fairly strange, and I’ve never met anyone else who does the same thing.” Aura crosses something out and begins writing faster, mumbling, “Thank you for the advice… I’ll make note of that too…” Vesti turns to Lauren and whispers, “Oh, great job, Lauren. Now anyone who reads that will think I’m a weirdo!” “That’s probably a good thing,” Lauren replies, “I’d imagine those documents are meant to be as accurate as possible…”

Talk: Aura Gold: Favorite Color

Changing the subject, Vesti asks, “So, Aura, before we get into all those boring case-related discussions, I have one more question… What’s your favorite color?” Aura, seemingly surprised by the unexpected question, makes pointless adjustments to her glasses while answering, “Well, if I had to choose a color over the others, I would probably pick either purple or white. I find those two colors particularly calming, for some reason.” “Wow, really?” Vesti replies, “Honestly, I’d have expected you to say yellow, or gold, or something…” Aura shakes her head and begins writing in her clipboard, mumbling, “Subject seems quick to judge things based on their appearances…” Vesti, in an attempt to imitate Aura, exclaims, “SUBJECT has the UNUUUUSUAL tendency to voice out the NOTES she takes!” Aura gives Vesti a dubious look, and then turns back to the clipboard and continues writing. She whispers at a barely understandable volume, “Subject is difficult to speak with, and should be avoided if possible.” Vesti sighs in disappointment, and walks away to examine the rest of the room.

Examine: Filing Cabinets

Vesti walks over to the filing cabinets in the far left corner of the room, which sit next to the window, facing the right wall. All of the drawers seem to be unlocked, and the ones on the bottom are fully extended. The contents of the drawers have clearly been rifled through, and most of them have been thrown onto the floor, as Vesti saw when he entered. Vesti asks, “Were these filing cabinets locked?” Aura answers, “No, they could all opened easily. There wasn’t anything inside them that I needed to worry about being stolen, and I always locked the door whenever I was out of the office anyway.” None of the documents catch Vesti’s eye, so he leans over and picks up a random one. It seems to be a patient information file, but most of the words relevant to a patient information file have been crossed out and replaced with other words. The page has been heavily written on in pen, and Vesti quickly scans over the document. It quickly becomes evident that the file isn’t describing a patient, but rather one of the clinic’s male receptionists. The document details his job, provides a description of his appearance, and provides a bulleted list of his personality traits. His name is written near the top of the page. Vesti asks, “Who’s this Ray Seppsun guy anyway?” “Who? I can’t remember anyone by that name…” Aura replies, walking over to take a look at the document. After scanning it for a few moments, she continues, “Oh, I remember him now. Ray used to work at this hospital a few years ago, but he quit after getting a better offer somewhere else. I can’t see him being involved in this case.” “Ah, that figures,” Vesti replies, “What’s the deal with all these documents anyway?” Aura hesitantly answers, “Well… Being the director of this hospital and operating on the sick and wounded means my head can get fairly cluttered. That makes dealing with people even more difficult than it already is. I have a tendency to forget faces and names, so taking notes on people helps me remember who they are and how best to speak with them.” “Honestly, that sounds like it would just make things more complicated,” Vesti replies, “How many of these do you have, anyway?” Aura answers, “About two filing cabinets worth. I keep the important ones on my clipboard at all times.” Vesti mumbles, “Well, whatever works, I guess…”

Talk: Aura Gold: Office Ransacking

Vesti asks, “So, Aura, what’s the deal with all this room ransacking business?” Aura explains, “Frankly, I’m not particularly certain myself. However, I do know approximately when the event occurred. Shortly after the body was discovered, I briefly left the office to perform a rather important surgery. I came back a few minutes ago, and found my office in this state.” Lauren responds, “Did you notice that anything was missing from your office?” Aura answers, “No, nothing that I’m aware of is missing. I suppose it's possible that a document was taken from the filing cabinet and I didn’t notice, but other than that, nothing important is unaccounted for.” While the two of them are talking, Vesti walks back to the entrance and quickly looks at the large double doors. They seem oddly normal and untouched. Vesti remarks, “That’s interesting… It doesn’t look like these doors were tampered with…” Aura responds, “I noticed the same thing. Perhaps the infiltrator got their hands on a key somehow…” Lauren contiues, “…Unless they found an alternate entrance route…” {{Room Ransacking added to Evidence}}

Talk: Aura Gold: Argenta Gold

Vesti asks, “I’ve been running into a doctor named Argenta Gold several times during this case. You two are related, right?” Aura replies, “Of course we are. Argenta is my younger sister. Our father founded this clinic many years ago, and I became the director a few years after he… Well, I guess you could say I inherited it from him.” Vesti replies, “Do you think Argenta would ever become the director of this facility?” Aura shakes her head, responding, “No, I think that’s fairly unlikely. Argenta has an immense passion for helping people, but that’s about as far as her enthusiasm extends. As the director of this hospital, I usually spend more time working in this office than I do in the operating room. I don’t think Argenta would enjoy that… I’d rather she continued doing what she loves than get a more prestigious job which she inevitably dislikes.”

Examine: Desk

Vesti walks over to Aura’s desk, which sits in the center of the room, facing away from the window. Instead of being in front of the desk, Argenta’s chair has been pushed to the right side of the room, most likely to get to the desk’s drawers, which have all been opened. The papers and items inside have clearly been rifled through, and the items on the desk have been cleared away, knocked over, or placed back on the desk in strange positions. Lauren, already examining the desk, asks, “I assume nothing important has been taken from the desk either?” Aura replies, “No, not that I can tell. However, almost everything was touched or moved around…” Something catches Vesti’s eye: a gold-plated, rectangular plaque sitting on the center of Aura’s desk, and the only object that seems to be right side up. Vesti picks it up, and silently reads the inscription. “‘Being a doctor means doing everything you can to protect people, even complete strangers.’ --Phil S. Gold, 1951-1988.” Vesti, holding it up, asks, “Hey, Aura, what’s this?” Aura, noticing Vesti holding the plaque, seems somewhat disturbed. She rushes over, takes it from him, and puts it back on the table, shouting, “Please, don’t touch that!” Vesti replies, “Okay, sorry! I was just curious! …Who’s that Phil guy anyway? Is he related to you and Argenta too?” Aura walks away while writing in her clipboard, mumbling, “Subject enjoys intruding upon people’s personal affairs…” “Oh, come on, just give me a quick answer,” Vesti shouts, “I’m a detective, it’s my job to intrude into people’s personal affairs!” Aura turns back around, sighs in resignation, and explains, “That plaque is a quote from my father, the founder of this clinic… That’s all I have to say about that.” {{Gold Plaque added to Evidence}}

Examine: Pictures

Vesti makes a quick circuit around the office, looking at the pictures framed on the wall. Most of them aren’t particularly interesting. Vesti passes by several pictures of Aura and Argenta, sometimes including people Vesti doesn’t recognize, two large group photos containing many people, and an old picture of a house. Vesti stops by the right wall, where a large frame holds an old picture of a family of four. Vesti initially ignores it until the two children in the picture grab his attention. Despite them being very young, their hairstyles make it fairly obvious that they’re Aura and Argenta Gold. Vesti exclaims, “Hey, Lauren, look at this!” Lauren, already standing nearby, takes a quick glance at the picture and replies, “Well, that’s interesting… but I doubt it has anything to do with the case…” Vesti looks at the two other figures in the photo, two adults seated on a bench. The one on the left is a man perhaps in his thirties. He wears a tuxedo and glasses, and has short, silver hair. To his right is a woman with long, bright yellow hair, who holds Argenta in her lap. Everyone in the picture is smiling. Lauren continues, “…It probably wouldn’t be a good idea to bring this up…” Vesti mumbles, “Yeah, you’re probably right…”

Investigation: Aura’s Office
Examine:
Window, Bookcase.
Talk:
Aura Gold
Office Ransacking
Cammy Tose
Argenta Gold
Move:
Cammy’s Hospital Room
Security Room
Storage Closet
Hospital Lobby
Argenta’s Office
Present:
To Aura Gold
What will you do?

Shy guy

Present the Hospital Key Rings, I'm curious if they allow entry into here. (Can't remember if that was mentioned before or not.)

I find it suspicious that the only item not messed with is also the one item Aura seems to care significantly about in this room. Though then again she may have just righted it herself after coming in, as it's so important to her.

Happy Maria

Take that Aura!

Mumble to self about the terrible pun names the Gold family has. Then rummage through each individual file in the room just to irritate Planetbox.

Also show the pictures to Aura and talk about her dead dad because I'm an insensitive prick. Then immediately apologise to her and fake crying just so we can talk to her about Cammy.

Also examine the windows. Could the villain have escaped through there?

Finally, speculate about Ray Seppsun and jump the gun and think he's the killer for no good reason.

Gettin' Old!

Speculate with Lauren: The Gold Plaque only has importance to the Gold family. A random ransacker wouldn't think twice about tossing it but it's a sacred object to Aura and Argenta. I suspect either Aura faked her room ransacking or Argenta was the one looking around the room.

Ask Aura: Can you tell where Argenta should be right now?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Also Planetbox minor typo in the case 3 description in the OP

'This case may have to potential to change Vesti's life forever.'

Lol
Page 11 of 22 [ 880 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus