Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

The Great Ace Attorney case one translation patch is out!Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Those of you who tuned into our DGS2 stream earlier today have already heard, but if you haven't, good news: the translation patch for the first case of Dai Gyakuten Saiban is now available!

For full details, check out the translation group's site, Scarlet Study. You'll need a physical copy of DGS1 and a 3DS capable of homebrew (the site links to a guide to setting homebrew up if you haven't already).

Our congratulations to the team on this first release, and here's looking forward to the remaining four cases (and beyond)!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: The Great Ace Attorney case one translation patch is outTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Whoa, already?! That was fast.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Out of curiosity, does the 3DS have to be NTSC-J, or can it be any edition?

It can be any edition, homebrew let's you play games from other regions and you need that to patch the game anyway.
Signature loading, please wait...

A New Chapter of Trials!

Ah, how exciting! I'm going to be waiting for the full patch myself, but seeing so much progress already is heartening!
Eureka!

I'll probably end up waiting for the full patch as well, seeing as I still don't have a copy of DGS yet.

What did he do this time...?

Well, I don't have a 3DS that is capable of homebrew thanks to the latest update, and I don't have a physical copy of DGS, so it looks like I'm outta luck. Guess I'll be waiting to play this one for quite a while...
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Athena Internet Defense Force

At the risk of starting a kerfuffle, their rationale in requiring a physical copy of the game makes no sense.

And before you start, I have a hacked 3DS and a physical copy of DGS so this doesn't even apply to me but thinking through their reasoning, necessitating a physical version of the game will not accomplish the endgame that they're hoping for.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
At the risk of starting a kerfuffle, their rationale in requiring a physical copy of the game makes no sense.

And before you start, I have a hacked 3DS and a physical copy of DGS so this doesn't even apply to me but thinking through their reasoning, necessitating a physical version of the game will not accomplish the endgame that they're hoping for.

Out of curiosity, why? I wish it didn't have to be physical either, but I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Their reason is because they want to demonstrate there is interest in the game here in the West.

Two problems:

1. The game is about two years old now, Capcom isn't paying attention to sales of it at this stage.

2. The game has no international presence, so any sales made would only go to the Japanese numbers anyway as the only way to legally acquire it would go through a reseller who bought it off the Japanese market.

Add to that Capcom doesn't exactly deserve to be rewarded for not giving us this game in English in the first place and I don't see why there needs to be this rigmarole of buying up physical copies that won't even serve the endgame they want. It would just lower the amount of interest in the patch.

In other words I don't see this having the net value to the growth of the Ace Attorney brand beyond the core games in English-speaking territories that the project leads are hoping to gain by enforcing sales of the physical game.

Blah!

No, that isn't the reason why physical is required. It's to make a statement against piracy, since 3DS piracy uses digital copies. It won't prevent people circumventing it, but that isn't the point either.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Yeah, i'm pretty sure the main point was to make a statement against piracy. I personally don't see any issues with it, and even though it'll eventually be leaked illegally it's nice to see that they're making some sort of effort.

Can't say GBAtemp agrees though, based on the thread over there.

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

And before you start, I have a hacked 3DS and a physical copy of DGS so this doesn't even apply to me but thinking through their reasoning mutuelles TNS, necessitating a physical version of the game will not accomplish the endgame that they're hoping for.

But the worry is that bonuses will be unlocked if you play this way.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes