Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)

Page 1 of 3[ 112 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DGS2 Open Spoiler ThreadTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Welcome to the open spoiler thread for DGS2! In this thread only, you can talk about any DGS2 content without spoiler tags. Spoiler rules do apply for the rest of the forum.

If you don't want to be spoiled, now would be a great time to hit that back button!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS2 Open Spoiler ThreadTopic%20Title

Ultimate Detective

So some of these are speculation but some of the killers have been semi confirmed.

Case 1: Heita Mamemomi (The Reporter) (100% Confirmed)
Case 2: William Petenshi himself (based off TurnaboutAncestor Blog) Correction: Ms. Almont may be the culprit, since William has been using fake money to steal gas from her husband's company. 50% Chance
- Petenshey's Breakdown Music is in the files.
- He is still alive
- He has been taking gas using fake money.
Case 3: Enoch Drebber (Man with Claw that was in a Famitsu Article and a couple trailers.)
- Evidence that obviously involves him is in the game files.
- His motive has something to do with a zombie, the victim, and a newspaper I guess.
Case 4: Guy with Big Lips
- Event showing that he knows Jezail and Gregson
- Transformation Scene?
Case 5: ???

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

What's the track name in the game's files for "Pentenshy's Breakdown" music?

Ultimate Detective

petenshi_break.mca

solver of sliding block puzzles

AllegroStorm wrote:
petenshi_break.mca

Just to clarify... Petenshi_break was actually in the DGS1 files. Take that as thou wilt.

Wotter boy

My initial guess for the Case 2 killer was Viridian Green, but now I'm not too sure.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Based on what the liveblogs have shown, my guess is that Viridian was the one who poisoned Petenshy, perhaps out of revenge towards the death of Duncan Ross (the previous tenant)...but then we'll learn that Petenshy's involved in something much deeper than that, find that he's responsible for the curse at the Garrideb's flat, and we'll end up implicating him for the deaths of Ross and Selden and the attempted murder of Souseki.

I'll probably be wrong, though, so I'll just wait and see what happens.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

DGS Waiting Room

I took a look at the Events rips and did they actually off the detective of the game in Case 4? That's pretty shocking to me.

I'm wondering why he has red hair in the scene.

Gregson dying kind of surprised me more than the Asougi stuff. And yeah another event also says something about red hair, no idea how any of that could be related to the case especially since what we know about it from the trailers is completely different from the stuff in the datamines.
Signature loading, please wait...

DGS Waiting Room

The orange hair is a wig isn't? Other than that no other clue about Case 4, but I never expected a returning character in a main role to actually die.

Mia Payne

Can't believe Viridian Green is case 2's killer. The VICTIM of a case was the killer in another case

Technically TWO victims were culprits in that case. Talking about that case or DGS-4 without spoiling will be so damn hard...

Wotter boy

Blizdi wrote:
Can't believe Viridian Green is case 2's killer. The VICTIM of a case was the killer in another case

Wait I was right?

Reading about it now, Viridian def. seems the better of the two villains.

Last edited by FenrirDarkWolf on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Oh wow I was actually completely right for once!

Also technically Viridian Green was an attempted murderer, considering the 'victim' regarding her plan didn't die.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Ace Fangirl

Cesar Zero wrote:
And yeah another event also says something about red hair, no idea how any of that could be related to the case especially since what we know about it from the trailers is completely different from the stuff in the datamines.

Simple. The League of Red-headed Gentlemen/The Red-headed League. An article in the datamining confirms that it's an important thing and that you have to have red hair to join this league. Either Gregson was undercover because the league is a front for something else, or he was earning himself some extra money (perhaps to further Gina's education?) because it pays 4 pounds a week.

Speaking of Gregson dying, do we know yet who A. Sasha is? I'm starting to think it wasn't a name at all and the morse code was misinterpreted by Iris because it was Japanese. Meaning it could've been talking about assassinating the aforementioned three people.

Meowzy wrote:
Speaking of Gregson dying, do we know yet who A. Sasha is? I'm starting to think it wasn't a name at all and the morse code was misinterpreted by Iris because it was Japanese. Meaning it could've been talking about assassinating the aforementioned three people.

Interesting theory. However I think that the morse code specifically said "the four people above".

Ace Fangirl

Oh, did it? Rats. Then, who is A. Sasha? None of the characters revealed seem to match the name at all.

DGS Waiting Room

Still half in disbelief Gregson dies, I guess I've been conditioned by the mainstay AA games that returning/main characters don't die. I was looking forward to Gregson/Gina's relationship when I heard he took her under his wing, but I guess we'll only get a case of that now and I'm saddened.

So the wax kidnapping case is part of case 3, I wonder if it was intentionally made to look like it's own case during marketing to keep the real case 4 as a surprise...

Also holy crap what the reviews said about the speed of the plot was true, the characters are already talking about Asougi possibly being alive and the masked man during the second day of case 3.

Apparently from the turnabout ancestor Tumblr blog, Jezail Brett is actually A.Sasha.

DGS Waiting Room

From the turnaboutancestor DGS2 Liveblog

"Gregson, about Gina: She’s a more honest and agreeable kid than she looks. She may just be able to inherit my spirit as a detective. I’ve found myself just the right kind of “successor” …let’s leave it at that.

He says that bc he’s gonna be transferred outta London before long….to FRANCE"

"Oh no I’m crying, Gregson intends to take Gina with him, bc he doesn’t know what’ll happen if he leaves her in London…

Ryuu thinks it’s bc he’s afraid she’ll return to old habits, but Susato thinks he’s worried abt the Death Bringer’s curse."

“I have to protect that little pickpocket. …until it’s all over”

Gregson Why

Last edited by Veritas Ine on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Goddammit Gregson is raising so many death flags there. Of course, no one expects a character like him to die in AA so it's not as obvious as it would be on DR or something.

Photographer Fanatic

Cesar Zero wrote:
Goddammit Gregson is raising so many death flags there. Of course, no one expects a character like him to die in AA so it's not as obvious as it would be on DR or something.

Remember that the morse code in DGS1-5 listed: T. Gregson. Considering what happened to Watson, Asougi(?) and now Sasha that were also in the morse code, Gregson was already a person who could potentially die since that case :(

Yabba Dabba Doo

I haven't had a chance to look into the game, but what the fuck happened with Asougi? All I can tell is that he's alive.

Thunder84 wrote:
I haven't had a chance to look into the game, but what the fuck happened with Asougi? All I can tell is that he's alive.

Seconded.

He is, the masked man turns out to be him...at the end of case 3.

Here is some info on case 3 from someone in discord:

https://pastebin.com/ChNDvwuX
https://pastebin.com/6Evy1UjV

So we know he is alive, but we have to wait to know all the details.

And I have to reiterate what I said about the fast pacing of the plot...

And that's only Case 3? Just makes me wonder what's in store for cases 4 & 5.

Wotter boy

There's quite a few female villains in this game now, with both Viridian and Sithe so far.

Ace Fangirl

RedPotato wrote:
Apparently from the turnabout ancestor Tumblr blog, Jezail Brett is actually A.Sasha.

I'm so confused. Why would A.Sasha kill J. Watson? 'The aforementioned four' must have something in common, but apparently they aren't allies. Either that, or they used to be allies and A. Sasha was a turncoat.

As for what happens at the end of case 3, with the Professor's identity, I have a wild theory.
Spoiler:
What if Asougi's father was framed by the real Professor and Holmes was manipulated into being an accomplice of sorts? What if Holmes f*cked up his deductions leading to the Professor's identity (and arrest) because the real Professor left red herrings? What if that's the reason Watson was abroad (working with Mikotoba, another one of the exchange students) and the reason Holmes won't talk about the Baskervilles case?

Just picture it. The Professor gets arrested and executed with Sherlock as the detective who identified him. Then after the fact Sherlock realizes (maybe with Watson's help) that he messed up his reasoning and an innocent guy (who has a young son) died. And then they spend the next 10 years trying to find the real deal, all the while covering up all the details of the Baskervilles case because they can't let the Professor know they're still searching for him.

I expect this theory will be either confirmed or derailed within a day or two, so here it is. Either way, I find it very hard to believe that the identity of the Professor, as it is revealed in case 3, is what it seems.

So the same person that gave those case 3 details has finished case 4, and apparently that case ends in investigation day 2, with case 5 being about the same crime and starting during a trial. Pretty sure a case that is not investigation only ending in an investigation section is a first for the series.

Oh and also case 5 has Vortex as the judge and that's when new courtroom music starts playing...

DGS Waiting Room

Is there another pastebin like drop for Case 3 details? I'm following the liveblogs and Case 4 has only just started, and I'm curious since Barok's the defendant if there'll be a new face prosecuting or not.

They have not made another pastebin for case 4 stuff, just posted about some things that happened, but they did upload an image of the new prosecutor...

Spoiler: Big image

DGS Waiting Room

Thanks for the image, I feel like I should've expected this cause I'd doubt they'd introduce a brand new prosecutor this late in the game but I'm still blindsided by this revelation, wow.

The case 3 ending cutscene is an now uploaded on youtube!

The 3d cutscenes in this game seem so awesome, I would not mind a Telltale/Zero Time Dilemma style AA game if it looked like this.

Wotter boy

Does Iris actually do anything beyond be moral support? From what I've read so far is that she's barely involved.

Ace Fangirl

I keep thinking Vortex is the real Professor, because:
Spoiler:
Apparently he was a prosecutor ten years ago, and Klimt was Chief Prosecutor.... And then Klimt is murdered by the Professor and his investigative partner is convicted for the crimes. Skip ahead ten years, Vortex is Minister of Justice (or whatever) with the ability to even stand in court if he damn well wishes. For some reason, he takes over as the judge in case 5, meaning he can use his power to force a verdict if he wants.

Not to mention, he gets his hands on the 'Professor's' amnesiac son and makes him stay with Barok to 'keep him close', but at the same time claims he had no idea who Asougi really was. He did, however, know damn well the identity of the Professor as it was officially determined ten years ago. How suspicious is that?

But then at the same time, I keep thinking "Nooo, that's too obvious. We've seen this type of villain before and there's no way they'd make it that simple." One thing I'm convinced of either way, Asougi Genshin was not the Professor. Watson and Sherlock were still searching for him, and presumably Gregson as well.

Also, I was looking at the game rips again and the UI for Joint Reasoning. And I looked. And then I looked a second time...

Spoiler: Big spoiler, perhaps case 5
Isn't that Yuujin Mikotoba lying there dead on the couch? Or is it some other guy in a dark blue suit with a moustache and a brownish bowler hat?

Spoiler:
I noticed during one of the liveblogs that some people supported the Professor's killings, because the aristocracy was corrupt and society improved as a result. Whether it's the Professor or a copycat now, I'm going to assume whoever's behind Barok's 'curse' is doing it for that reason (or using it as an excuse to).

I've wanted to see a judge as the Big Bad for a while now; I thought we'd get that in SoJ, but no dice there.

Lurker/Occasional Poster

I have a question. Considering that we have these confirmed killers:

Case 1: Cameraman
Case 2: Petenshy
Case 3: Sithe as Accomplice
Case 4: Unsure, but continues into Case 5
Case 5: Hart Vortex?

Last edited by Alan Bernard on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isn't Mamemomi the name of the killer in Case 1?
Page 1 of 3 [ 112 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street » Great Exhibition (TGAA2)