Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 2[ 53 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Myles Wright: Ace Attorney (Case 1 Released!) (Help Wanted)Topic%20Title

Yabba Dabba Doo

A PyWright fangame

Premise: 23 years after the events of Spirit of Justice, a new defense attorney steps up to the plate. Myles Wright, the son of Phoenix Wright, has finally achieved his dream of continuing his father's legacy. With his attorney badge proudly pinned on his lapel, he jumps on the first cases he can get. Unfortunately, his eagerness comes back to haunt him as he's thrown into a series of events that turn his world inside-out. With a serial killer hot on his trail, can Myles live up to his father's namesake? Or will he fall, just like Phoenix Wright did 8 years ago?

There are spoilers for the main series games in MW:AA. You have been warned

Turnabout Revival

Date: May 26th, 2051
Synopsis: Over 20 years after the Khura'in scandal, a Khura'inese immigrant is found dead in an alleyway in the newly built Khura'intown. When Myles' best friend Angela Pallete is accused, he steps up and defends her in his first appearance in court.

Spoiler: Case 1 Cast
Myles Wright

The son of the former legend, Phoenix Wright. Defending for the first time in his career after learning under defense prodigy, Apollo Justice.

Apollo Justice

The head defense attorney at the Wright Anything Agency. Known as one of the most successful defense attorneys in the world.

Angela Pallete

The defendant. Myles's best friend since middle school. Currently an art student, but also helps run an art stall at Pikhe Market.

Ema Skye

The head detective in charge of the case. Long time friend of Apollo and Myles.

Wheazen Payne

The prosecutor in charge of the case. The son of the “legendary” Winston Payne. Goes by the name “rookie slayer” despite boasting a 0-win career.

Buhra Gahl

The victim. Was on the run after stealing something from an art stall at Pikhe Market.

Ai'wiht Nihs

The eyewitness to the crime. Runs the Nihs Law Offices, although it's currently struggling financially.

The Medical Turnabout

Dates: May 28th - May 29th
Synopsis: Just two days after Myles's first win, a mob boss is killed at a local clinic. The defendant, a world renowned surgeon, asks for the legendary Apollo Justice to take his case. However, Apollo is busy with his own secret work, forcing Myles to step in.

Turnabout Abyss

Dates: May 30th
Synopsis: The day after his second trial, Myles's world is rocked when he stumbles upon a crime scene, with the apparent culprit being someone very close to him. In mere minutes, he's swept into a massive kidnapping case. Can Myles find the victim in time? Or will it be too late?

Turnabout Freefall

Dates: May 30th - June 1st
Synopsis: TBA

Turnabout Nightmare

Dates: June 1st - June 3rd

The Imperial Turnabout

Dates: June 15th - June 17th

Turnabout Legacy

Dates: June 17th - June 18th

Spoiler: Soundtrack (Incomplete)

----------

So, yeah. Finally got the balls to actually put this out there. I've had this idea floating around in my head for...around 2 years now, although it never really materialized until last year. I don't want to say it's been a year of work, since I lost interest for quite some time. I'd say it's probably around 5 months of work right now.

As with most other fangames, I'd love to have some help with this. The big one is obviously spriting. I want to stress this first: Although I am by no means an artist, I am willing to make the sprites on my own. I'm very much a perfectionist, however, so it would take a long time for me to get anywhere. I'm also willing to use other fan sprites if the load of making so many sprites is too much. However, I'd absolutely be thrilled if someone with actual art experience could help. At the very least, criticism would be appreciated. Other than that, I'll need proofreaders, and in general it'd be awesome if someone would like to help out with planning. It'd help a ton if there was someone I could bounce ideas off of, and hopefully it'd help prevent me from making any major story/case mistakes.

One last note: Motivation has been really up and down so far. Hopefully posting this will help me stay motivated, but who knows. It's a big undertaking, so I can't guarantee too much.

So...that's about it. Any critique is helpful!

CURRENT TEAM

PM me if you're interested in helping!

----------

Conceptual Design: Thunder84, SenorJustice-dono

Writing: Thunder84, SenorJustice-dono

Art: Thunder84

Music: Broocevelt

Beta-Testing: Planetbox

Last edited by Thunder84 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 67 times in total.
Re: Myles Wright: Ace AttorneyTopic%20Title

manifesting ciconia phase 2

For the sprites, I think it's best if you don't use so many colors. The defense's bench sprite and profile have more than 1000 unique colors by themselves (Wright in comparison has like 20). I suggest using like 1 color each for your neutral tone, shading, and anti-aliasing. This may solve the blurriness issue, moreso if you use darker, more solid outlines.

As for the hair lines, I suggest maybe adding highlights like this or at least anti-alias it more like this (sorry for the lack of effort in these).

Spoiler:
Image highlighting
Image anti-aliasing

In any case, I still think the sprites are good. Good luck on your project!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Black Man

Wow, this looks like it has quite a bit of hope. I'm excited to play the game.

Mia Payne

I'm on to you, ropfa, I know you're secretly announcing the CoI sequel.

(Looks nice, good luck dude, hope you see it through)

Yabba Dabba Doo

Blizdi wrote:
I'm on to you, ropfa, I know you're secretly announcing the CoI sequel.

fuck hes on to me

I forgot to put this in the main post, so I'll just mention it right here. If anyone wanted to do the voice acting for Myles or Robinson, just let me know.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Planning for Turnabout Revival is now complete, as well as the rough draft. I plan on going through it one more time, but everything should be set in that department. I also fixed up Myles' basic design.

Spoiler:
The color palette is now around 25-30 colors. I also fixed up the hair a bit, and made his eyes bigger.

EDIT: Most of Apollo's sprites are now done. They still need animating, but the bases for each one should be about complete.
Album: http://imgur.com/a/FbbEi
(Credit to Tap and Lind for the base sprites)

Yabba Dabba Doo

Progress has been slow, but I have been getting some things done. I've been updating the main post over time with small updates/changes.

On another note, I do have a question for you guys. I'm hoping to have mostly different music for the game, but I can't really nail down a good objection theme. Do you guys know if any tracks that could potentially work as objection themes?

EDIT: In case your wondering what "style" I'm going for, the track I'm currently using is Mars from Sengoku Rance.

Mia Payne

Thunder84 wrote:
Sengoku Rance.

OT: I dunno, music choice is not my style

Yabba Dabba Doo

Personally, I don't even know what the heck Sengoku Rance is. I just randomly found it on YouTube and it sounded nice, so that's what I'm going with.

Mia Payne

It's a good song tho

Last edited by Blizdi on Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Blizdi wrote:
eroge hentai game

Oh boy my favorite genre.

Blizdi wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:
Personally, I don't even know what the heck Sengoku Rance is. I just randomly found it on YouTube and it sounded nice, so that's what I'm going with.

eroge hentai game

So it's really a fitting choice for an objection theme since every time it plays Maya the culprit is going to be...I think you get the idea.
Signature loading, please wait...

Yabba Dabba Doo

So...I just read the summary of Sengoku Rance's plotline and...well...

Spoiler: Sengoku Rance spoilers I guess
Quote:
After doing immeasurable damage on the Continent, the brute known as Rance traveled with his slave, Sill, to the island country. For a hot spring vacation, you ask? Wrong. While they'll go to some hot springs, Rance's goal is to bang all of JAPAN's beautiful princesses, samurai, miko, ninjas, village girls, and more. In particular, he wants Kouhime of the prominent Oda Clan.

Well alrighty then.

Yabba Dabba Doo

As I said earlier, progress is moving, albeit slowly. Hopefully it'll pick up once I get the hang of spriting a bit more. In related news, I finally finished Angela (or got it close enough to completion to show).

Spoiler:
Shading and anti-aliasing could use improvement, but I'm hoping that comes to me over time and I'll be able to fix it later.
Sprite is also fully animated.

Mia Payne

Thunder84 wrote:
As I said earlier, progress is moving, albeit slowly. Hopefully it'll pick up once I get the hang of spriting a bit more. In related news, I finally finished Angela (or got it close enough to completion to show).

Spoiler:
Shading and anti-aliasing could use improvement, but I'm hoping that comes to me over time and I'll be able to fix it later.
Sprite is also fully animated.

That actually looks pretty good

The sweater is scratched, right?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Double KO wrote:

A bit confused by what you mean here.

Yabba Dabba Doo

EDIT: Double Post

Mia Payne

Thunder84 wrote:
Double KO wrote:

A bit confused by what you mean here.

I think scratched means done without a base. ie. not a recolor/frankensprite

Yabba Dabba Doo

Ah. Yes, it was completely scratched then. Only the collar was frankensprited (and even then it was edited)

Yabba Dabba Doo

With how everything is going right now, I'm seriously considering making a sprite threat and just moving sprite-related updates over there, considering how every god damn character in this game is a new sprite except for Udgey. It'd help a lot to get some more input from people with more spriting experience. Anyway, finally got around to updating Myles' defense sprites.

Spoiler: Myles
The head obviously needs work (I can't sprite eyes or eyebrows to save my life) but I'm happy with how the body turned out.
Originally derived from Apollo's base sprite, but with the edits made it's almost entirely scratched at this point.

If anyone wants to try spriting his eyes, here's an eyeless Myles sprite you can use.

So like you think the bench sprite looks off, yes? I think one of the reasons is because the face has only a little difference between the base color and the outline, and the suit has almost a black one. Consistence is key.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Hopefully this is the final version. Working on the defense sprites so much makes me miss front-facing sprites :ron:

Spoiler: Myles

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm pleased to announce that Broocevelt has given me the green light to use his music in Myles Wright: Ace Attorney! I've put up the soundtrack list for Turnabout Revival in the main post, and I encourage all of you to go check out his channel.

With school starting, progress has been...slower. Add in the fact that I forgot to back up the sprites I had been recently working on and, well, there hasn't been a ton of progress. I did create an album for Angela's sprites though, which you can also check out in the main post.

Mia Payne

Fun fact: forgetting to make back ups are the number one cause for project cancellation

Yabba Dabba Doo

Hey! I'm not dead! Progress has been slow, but I'm starting to pick up the pace again a little bit. The first scene is entirely coded, and I'm hoping to get out the first part sometime in the next few months. In the meantime, screenshots!

Spoiler: Turnabout Revival
Image Image

Mia Payne

Progress? You must have gotten Myles Wright

Happy Maria

This game so far looks Angela-ic

Yabba Dabba Doo

Blizdi wrote:

Just wait until I introduce the assistant, Kilometer Wright

Mia Payne

Thunder84 wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

Just wait until I introduce the assistant, Kilometer Wright

I get it

Yabba Dabba Doo

Christ, has it really been 10 months? Time really does fly. Suppose I could give an update of sorts.

As I said way back when I kicked this off, motivation is all over the place. There'll be times where I have a spurt of creativity and finish some sprites, or re-write part of the script, but it dies out pretty quickly. While I'm not particularly happy with the look of some of my sprites, at this point I'm just trying to get them done. The quality isn't where I want it to be, but if I wanted everything to be perfect then I'd never be able to get anything out.

So, progress is still moving slowly. I don't like using community sprites, but I may resort to that for the time being in order to get something out there. I've updated a lot of sprites, created the logo, and finished the voice clips/soundtrack, but it'll still be a little while before anything is finished. My current goal is to just get the first cross-examination out as a demo, which will still require a good chunk of sprites to be finished up.

Last edited by Thunder84 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

Wow it HAS been 10 months. Time flies.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I'm not sure what got into me, but I've suddenly gotten back into working on this. Might be due to the insane amount of free time I currently have, but the important thing is that development is finally continuing! Yeah, this stupid game isn't dead yet!

While it won't be much, I have enough sprites finished to get a small demo out. Won't be much (just the first cross-examination) but I'd rather get that out than delay it while I work on the remaining 12ish sprites that need to be done. I still need to animate the sprites and get everything coded, but barring any unfortunate circumstances I can at least promise that I'll be getting this part done soon. Again, it's not much, but it's still something!

As a small little update, I can at least show off a bit of what I've been working on sprite-wise - Yet another re-design for Myles.

While I'm still not quite satisfied with it, it's leaps and bounds better than what I had before, and my focus now is just on getting something playable.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I finally have a demo out! It's not much (only the first few scenes + cross examination), but it's still something! There's still plenty to be cleaned up (dialogue, sprites, and a few bugs most likely, although I beta tested it to hell and back) but it's a start nonetheless. Feedback is appreciated. Let me know if the download isn't working.

Yabba Dabba Doo

I know that I only released the demo 4 days ago, and that I've been pretty bad with deadlines, but I'm happy to report that I'm fairly confident that the full Case 1 will be released by the end of the week. Progress has been flying, and I've currently got half of the case completely finished.

However, while I continue working on the case, I want to pose a different question. I'm currently unsure of what I want the Pursuit theme to be. I've narrowed it down to two choices: Divine Bloodlines and Out of Time. So, I'll let you guys decide using a quick Strawpoll: Which would you prefer?

ASCEND

What the heck I looked away for like six seconds and now there's two more cases.

But yeah I'm definitely interested in playing the first case, since it sounds like it's coming pretty soon.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Planetbox wrote:
What the heck I looked away for like six seconds and now there's two more cases.

But yeah I'm definitely interested in playing the first case, since it sounds like it's coming pretty soon.

It’s a bit misleading, as the two new cases (Abyss and Imperial) used to just be a part of Freefall and Legacy, respectively. It makes more narratively to split them up, so it’s not like I just added two more The Ensnared Turnabout’s or anything.

I’ve got one other new(?) mechanic that I’m excited for that I’ll be adding. It’s nothing major, just something fun I added in. I’ve gotta beef up a few parts of the script and beta-test, but I should have the case out very soon hopefully.

Mia Payne

can't wait for case 1. gonna be sweet
Re: Myles Wright: Ace Attorney (Case 1 Released!)Topic%20Title

Yabba Dabba Doo

PRAISE BE HALLELUJAH THE DING DARN FIRST CASE IS OUT! Let me know if the download isn't working.

Spoiler: changelog from demo
  • Rest of case added
  • New voice clips for Myles
  • Angela no longer has male blip
  • Dialogue updated
  • Myles now has a zoom sprite
  • Mystery Log added: Acts the same as mysteries in Professor Layton. Updated throughout the entire game.

Re: Myles Wright: Ace Attorney (Case 1 Released!)Topic%20Title

Yabba Dabba Doo

And, in order to show that I won't pull another year-and-a-half disappearing act, progress on case 2 has already begun!

Spoiler: sprite stuff yay
Here's Trucy's brand new look

I wonder who this mysterious guy could be?

Oh yeah here's Wocky too lol

Page 1 of 2 [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games