Aeliren!

Results:

Aeliren - 4 votes
SuperAj3 - 2 votes
HeroMan66475 - 1 vote

Congratulations to everyone!

❧ THE ENTRANTS ☙

Spoiler: "1. Aeliren - Trucy Justice and Apollo Wright"

A description from the author: In a different timeline than the one we know of, Trucy Justice is a rookie defense attorney who has recently been taken on by the Wright Anything Agency. She is aided by her assistant Apollo, a young apprentice magician who is the heir to the Gramarye legacy and the adopted son of her boss, Phoenix Wright.

Spoiler: "2. SuperAj3 - Enlightened Payne"
ImageImage

A description from the author: I remember when the prosecutor for GS6 was teased, we bumped up the contrast on the image, and the character looked bald, so we all (me) thought the rival was gonna be Payne. SO THIS IS THAT "WHAT IF?"!

Spoiler: "3. HeroMan66475 - Chief Prosecutor Payne"
ImageImageImage

Animated version:

Default:
Image Image
Confident:
Image Image
sweat:
Image Image
Shock:

A description from the author: This is what if...Winston never lost his hair in 3-1 and became chief prosecutor instead of Lana Skye. My personal headcanon is that Winston would be more like Gaspen if the unfortunate event of 3-1 never happened. But maybe i'll let it slide for this comp and keep Winston as a good prosecutor instead of a corrupt one. If you wanna ask why he has another badge....well why does Damon Gant have 4 of them on his suit as buttons? yeah that was the route i went with giving him another badge....it's a button.

Spoiler: ORIGINAL POST
What if you could find brand new worlds right here on Earth? Where anything is possible. Same planet, different dimension. From a world where DL-6 incident never happened to a world where intelligent aardvarks rule the Earth. You hold the keys.

In some other world, magic may be real...

• You can enter either an OC or a variation on a canon character.
  • Your character HAS TO come from a world that differs in some way from the Ace Attorney timeline we all know and love. The interpretation of this task is up to you! A few words of description explaining your character's origin are warmly welcome.
  • Both scratch and frankenspriting are acceptable.
  • You can submit a whole sheet, animations, or just one sprite.
  • As long as the submission period lasts, you have the right to update and improve your sprite.
  • You can submit ONE entry. However, you may sprite two or more characters in one entry if necessary (think of Machi and Lamiroir for example).
  • The entry submission period will last from August 20th to September 20th. The deadline can be extended. Voting period will last for two weeks after submission close. The judging method will be a poll.

All previous comps:
~ Mar '15, May '15, Aug '15, Dec '15, Mar '16, May '16, Jul '16, Nov '16, Feb '17, Jun '17, Aug '17 ~

Spoiler: ORIGINAL RULES
  • Each month a new topic will be picked (by the previous month's winner).
  • To enter, just post your entry here.
  • Stick to the theme! (This one's obvious), but make sure you enter something relevant to the theme picked.
  • ONE entry per person. You can submit one character/sprite design and it can be as little as a single frame, or as large as a full set! Up to you
  • NO USING OTHER FAN SPRITES. Even with permission, we want to see your own creative works. Editing official sprites is OK though.
  • Be creative! Simple recolors are not allowed. At least 2 character sprites edited together with a unique color palette counts as an original sprite. Also drawing custom outfits/costumes from scratch for existing sprites is also acceptable.

Example:
    Acceptable:
    Image Image
    (Custom drawn costume, or a splice of 2 or more official characters, with a unique palette)

Unacceptable:
    Image Image
    (Basic recolor of official sprite, or minimal editing of official sprites)
  • Please create an entirely new sprite for the competition. If you made a character you think really suits the theme, then you can still edit that sprite into a new one for the competition.
  • Both AA and AAI styled sprites are acceptable, except if the task specifies one or the other.
  • You get 2 weeks to vote after submissions close. This way people have time to look at the entries and vote.
  • Voting will be done after submissions have closed and, as CR has no polling system, all you need to do is post a comment saying your favorite.
  • You can vote for 2 of your favorite choices.
  • You are NOT allowed to vote for yourself.
  • You can use sprites/characters/poses from any RELEASED Ace Attorney game. Try to follow official Court-Records spoiler rules.
  • You can edit your sprite and resubmit it as many times before the cut off date (preferably by editing your original entry post). These can only be minor edits to your existing entry though like fixing some messiness, anatomy, or adding new poses. No brand new characters or 'second-chance' attempts that you've made. Have confidence in the first entry you make!

Spoiler: RULES FOR HOSTS

• Make sure you pick a topic that hasn't been done before (Unless it's been over a year since it's been done)
  • Make sure you COPY the rules into your posts to notify everyone!
  • Name your topic as "Monthly Spriting Competition! - Insert genre/topic here"
  • You have creative freedom with selecting topics, provided the entries are in the AA style of sprites. Ideas like a 2 person team collab, or situations like "Twins" where 2 characters are in the 1 sprite are also allowed as potential topics.
  • For clarity's sake, make a quick sprite as an example of what you're expecting from contestants, and post it in the OP)
  • YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF COLLECTING VOTES! Unfortunately, CR doesn't have a polling system, and so votes will have to be through individual comments (to prevent people voting multiple times, we will stick to posting alone)
  • Once the voting is closed, it is up to you announce the results (1st, 2nd and 3rd place), and the winner.
  • You can take as long as you want to start up the next competition thread. If you don't want to be the one running it, you can let 2nd place be in charge.
  • You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
  • If 2-4 entries receive equal votes, announce those who tied, and hold a tie breaker voting between those. If 5+ to/or every entry ties, the host can pick the winner.
  • If a tie breaker ends with another tie, all those tied win, and they decide the next host amongst themselves.

Last edited by Darth Wiader on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:00 am, edited 11 times in total.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! - What If...?Topic%20Title

Art Person

Ohh I had an idea for my sprite comic that may come in handy for this!
I just need to actually make the sprite!

I'm dying to see it!

um...hi your honour?

oooh...new competition....and it's a what-if one....
man have i an idea for one...
let's hope i cam actually sprite something.

Truth be told, I don't understand how spriting your own character for this comp works.
Do we write how the character's supposed to be and what was changed about them?

Art Person

Every time I see that Trucy sprite it reminds me so much of Chika from idolmaster.
It's adorable XD

The more I think of my entry idea, the more I think it reflects something that happens in SoJ, so maybe it isn't the best idea...
I may do something fun/dumb for the sake of it though XD

Quote:
Truth be told, I don't understand how spriting your own character for this comp works.
Do we write how the character's supposed to be and what was changed about them?

Not necessarily (but you may do it if you want to). I was thinking rather of something like this (I'm using Ropfa's sprite as an example - forget for a moment he was Obadiah and try to think of him as a brand new character):

A prosecutor from a world where dinosaurs never got extinct, they evolved and made a civilization.

(It's an extreme example, you can make a perfectly human character)

But you can do it your way! The only thing that limits you is your imagination.

Quote:
Every time I see that Trucy sprite it reminds me so much of Chika from idolmaster.
It's adorable XD

Puella Magi Minuki Magica :trucy:.

Quote:
The more I think of my entry idea, the more I think it reflects something that happens in SoJ, so maybe it isn't the best idea...

I thought SOJ spoiler rules have been lifted three months ago... However, it's your entry and I'm not gonna tell you what to do with it.

Art Person

Darth Wiader wrote:
Quote:

I thought SOJ spoiler rules have been lifted three months ago... However, it's your entry and I'm not gonna tell you what to do with it.

Ahh, no I was referring to a certain character's changed image.
In my comic, I was gonna have the protagonist actually recognise Winston Payne, and think he's some amazing lawyer because he read Payne's book and it really played up his image XD (as you'd expect a Payne to do). So I was thinking of making a "What if Payne was actually competent" sprite, but then I remembered the whole 'King Payne' from SoJ and I was like "that kinda tops anything I could think of".

um...hi your honour?

SuperAj3 wrote:
Ahh, no I was referring to a certain character's changed image.
In my comic, I was gonna have the protagonist actually recognise Winston Payne, and think he's some amazing lawyer because he read Payne's book and it really played up his image XD (as you'd expect a Payne to do). So I was thinking of making a "What if Payne was actually competent" sprite, but then I remembered the whole 'King Payne' from SoJ and I was like "that kinda tops anything I could think of".

first i'd like to say XD as that's a funny idea.
and second i would love something like that actually happening for once.
and third....i was planning to make a sprite about Winston being the cheif prosecutor (and a good one at that).....but i just left it as is...it's saved on my laptop but i didn't think of finishing it as all i did was recolour Payne's suit and it looked like i needed to do something more but i couldn;'t think of anything else to do unless i turn him into king payne (who BTW is FAAAAAR from being an actual competant prosecutor.....just take Manfred Von Karma and turn him into an idiot and you got King Payne in a nutshell....God I hate Gaspen)

So many ideas, yet only one will rule them all.

I'll see if I can work something up.

I actually made two different sets of sprites for the comp because of a sudden burst of inspiration. Unfortunately, I could only choose one to submit one of them, so here it is:

Trucy Justice and Apollo Wright
In a different timeline than the one we know of, Trucy Justice is a rookie defense attorney who has recently been taken on by the Wright Anything Agency. She is aided by her assistant Apollo, a young apprentice magician who is the heir to the Gramarye legacy and the adopted son of her boss, Phoenix Wright.

First entry, nice! :jazzedgy: The OP has been updated.

Art Person

I don't have much free time but I needed to take a break... so I present to you...

THE ONE...

THE ALMIGHTY...

ENLIGHTENED PAYNE!

Image Image

I remember when the prosecutor for GS6 was teased, we bumped up the contrast on the image, and the character looked bald, so we all (me) thought the rival was gonna be Payne. SO THIS IS THAT "WHAT IF?"!

EDIT: Added a zoom in, because why not (I seem to be making a lot of these nowadays haha)

um...hi your honour?

Dayum....
I better try and...
A) Think of another idea
or
B) Try and complete my Cheif Prosecutor Payne ASAP!

um...hi your honour?

this is all i had to come up with for creating this sprite.
I just wanted to do some more....but here i am.
This may clash with SuperAJ's entry.....but great minds think alike.
This is what if...Winston never lost his hair in 3-1 and became cheif prosecutor instead of Lana Skye.
My personal headcanon is that Winston would be more like Gaspen if the unfortunate event of 3-1 never happened.
But maybe i'll let it slide for this comp and keep Winston as a good prosecutor instead of a corrupt one.
If you wanna ask why he has another badge....well why does Damon Gant have 4 of them on his suit as buttons?
yeah that was the route i went with giving him another badge....it's a button.

It looks like we have a real Paynefestation here!
(This almost reminds me of one bizarre trial session on Attorney Online...)

This thread is now stickied! Thanks, BP!

Happy Maria

Whoa, we're getting a lot of good entries here fast. Pretty excited that the voting may start on time for once :P

um...hi your honour?

question.....if i wanted to add extra animations and poses? If that counts as "improving" your sprite?

Quote:
if i wanted to add extra animations and poses? If that counts as "improving" your sprite?

Naturally. You may add some new poses/animations as long as the entry period lasts..

um...hi your honour?

Darth Wiader wrote:
Quote:
if i wanted to add extra animations and poses? If that counts as "improving" your sprite?

Naturally. You may add some new poses/animations as long as the entry period lasts..

okay.
understood.

Art Person

HeroMan66475 wrote:
question.....if i wanted to add extra animations and poses? If that counts as "improving" your sprite?

I updated the rules last comp to clarify this (my wording was pretty terrible).
You can:
- edit your current sprite to improve it
- add new poses

but you can't;
- switch to a brand new entry that has nothing to do with what you already posted.

um...hi your honour?

made 2 new poses for payne....
they are not animated yet...i made a request on the request thread and i'm still waiting as i have no idea how to animate....
i was planning to make a few more custom sprites (which are based on other custom sprites EG: pointing, holding autopsy, zoom in etc, but i'll try to work on those sprites soon.)

Happy Maria

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't asking for help (even for animation) against the rules?

um...hi your honour?

wait it is?
oh snap....i better get animating these sprites myself.
first time for everything

um...hi your honour?

animted my first sprite gif....made it in gimp...
more to come.

Art Person

HeroMan66475 wrote:
animted my first sprite gif....made it in gimp...
more to come.

So his buttons aren't spiraling around, make one base for the body, and just copy and paste the head on for each frame. That way only that part you want moving will move.

So, do you want me to put this in OP or should I wait for a better one?

um...hi your honour?

Well.....I animated a few more gift. ....
Still...wait for a better one.

um...hi your honour?

okay
i just created brand new gifs.....some could get some work.
but anyway i'm kinda proud.
Default:
Image Image
Confident:
Image Image
sweat:
Image Image
Shock:

Allrighty....more unique sprite/poses to come......so it would take even more time since making new sprites mean making new sprite sheets....
other than that ENJOOOOOOY~!

Happy Maria

I like the rainbow glasses on the second sprite.

um...hi your honour?

Socot wrote:
I like the rainbow glasses on the second sprite.

it was the first improved gif i made....but i didn't change the glasses colour....for some reason not all the glasses were coloured equally.....this was one of those....

It's less than 10 days!

um...hi your honour?

witb lack of entries (surprisinglky) this time around...there hasn't been activity during this thread and it feels as if it's been ages since it would end.....
so....i apologise if i kinda think happily that we have aprox 9 days left (from my time zone) until the voting.

SEVEN DAYS...

Art Person

Happy Maria

HeroMan66475 wrote:
witb lack of entries (surprisinglky) this time around...there hasn't been activity during this thread and it feels as if it's been ages since it would end.....
so....i apologise if i kinda think happily that we have aprox 9 days left (from my time zone) until the voting.

What're you saying? We actually have 3 entries for voting by the end of the initial submission time this time around. As far as I can tell, this is a new record for this year.

um...hi your honour?

Socot wrote:
HeroMan66475 wrote:

What're you saying? We actually have 3 entries for voting by the end of the initial submission time this time around. As far as I can tell, this is a new record for this year.

well i thought three entries were basically a small number....and since not many other people had entries activity was slow so it was kind boring for me...
i apologies if it was offensive to anyone.

3 DAYS TO GO...

Art Person

WE NEED MORE PAYNES! (you need to see this on a computer or it won't come out right)
Spoiler: space saver
####################################################################################################
####################################################################################################

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

um...hi your honour?

SuperAj3 wrote:
WE NEED MORE PAYNES! (you need to see this on a computer or it won't come out right)

:butzthumbs: :butzthumbs: :butzthumbs: :butzthumbs:
i'm gonna use that in the future.
you are a payne savior
Page 1 of 2 [ 73 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites