Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 5[ 164 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Danganronpa F2 Sign-ups (Full, replacements?)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
It's to give people time to play v3. Those who are gonna blaze through it will have finished by the time our first trial hits. And those who'll passively play through won't be done until November anyhow.

In terms of ideas and planning, it's just tweaking and refining at this point. I won't need the whole month, yeah. But who knows, more ideas may come to me.

Yeah a whole five days huh?

On a more serious note I just realised: with the whole Research Centre thing going on, is there really a point to hiding your talent this game? It's most likely going to result in your identity potentially being revealed pretty early on.

Not that I was planning to pull a Solomon this time, but just a thought.

and I'm going to have a lot of those till October strikes

I'm not really that prevalent in plotting out the structure of the game, but I'm sure Lone will make it so if you have a talent to hide, it won't be revealed early on, and when it is revealed, it will have a purpose behind it.

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
I'm not really that prevalent in plotting out the structure of the game, but I'm sure Lone will make it so if you have a talent to hide, it won't be revealed early on, and when it is revealed, it will have a purpose behind it.

So out of curiosity, what's your role then, Pancakes? Will you just help in co-modding the mystery/ trial parts of the game (aka BP's role in chapter 1 of F1)?

Anyway, I think Lone said that there's some theme behind each floor? So I figure that unless someone explicitly tells him that they're going to fake their talent beforehand, they have a good chance of getting revealed early on. And I think switching the floors a bit could potentially ruin the cohesiveness of everything but I can't comment on that since there's too little details on that for now.

Final question for the time being (read:today): Are the rules for killing still the same as in F1? No killing 2 people unless it's Chapter 3; no committing suicide, etc.?

Sorry for overloading you with questions like this. I know it must probably be irritating on your end, but I'm just asking so that I don't have to revise my...plans too much. That's all there is to it, really. Nothing much. :simon:

Socot wrote:
Lone wrote:
It's to give people time to play v3. Those who are gonna blaze through it will have finished by the time our first trial hits. And those who'll passively play through won't be done until November anyhow.

In terms of ideas and planning, it's just tweaking and refining at this point. I won't need the whole month, yeah. But who knows, more ideas may come to me.

Yeah a whole five days huh?

On a more serious note I just realised: with the whole Research Centre thing going on, is there really a point to hiding your talent this game? It's most likely going to result in your identity potentially being revealed pretty early on.

Not that I was planning to pull a Solomon this time, but just a thought.

and I'm going to have a lot of those till October strikes

Speaking for myself I was planning pretty early to just have everybody show off their student handbooks to make sure everyone was being truthful

Happy Maria

Would that mean everyone automatically has to show their handbooks then no matter what?

I think what I'd do if that happened if I were hosting this is let there be a small vote to decide whether to show it or not. If there's even one vote against it, I would hinder it. Voting would be anonymous, of course.

Maybe do it regularly at the end of each trial till it's unanimous.

This is obviously hypothetical btw.

For the research centers, you'll know what talent they represent, but not who the room is for. So if someone pulled a Cox, until all research centers are revealed, they can stay hidden. The RC locations will also not be based off the theme of the floor. Those have been decided via rng.

Pancakes is there more to cover for time zones. So when I'm asleep, the class trial can keep going. I bounce ideas off him, and he has access to the character sheets and stuff.

And I've decided talents won't be shown on the handbooks. I don't think they are in the official games (otherwise the Ultimate ???s could just check their talent via handbook), so that's what I'm rolling with.

Rules are more or less the same as F1. You can kill up to two people at any time (but isn't really beneficial to do), and no suicide. It won't be written on the handbook, but I won't let it happen on a meta level. In-game, Monokuma has no way of punishing people who commit suicide after all.

I hope I managed to answer any questions/concerns. Don't hesitate to keep them coming. If you're worried about spamming the thread, PMs are cool too.

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
For the research centers, you'll know what talent they represent, but not who the room is for. So if someone pulled a Cox, until all research centers are revealed, they can stay hidden. The RC locations will also not be based off the theme of the floor. Those have been decided via rng.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Quote:
And I've decided talents won't be shown on the handbooks. I don't think they are in the official games (otherwise the Ultimate ???s could just check their talent via handbook), so that's what I'm rolling with.

They actually are iirc. But for Ultimate ???s they literally show up as 'Ultimate ???' strangely enough. Of course,

Spoiler: DR1&2
The Ultimate Imposter also managed to hide their true talent so I think it shows whatever talent they want it to show.

Though that's weird since Celeste's real name and Chihiro's gender were both in their actual handbooks. I think that's actually from the protag's handbook so yeah. Do what you want.

Quote:
Rules are more or less the same as F1. You can kill up to two people at any time (but isn't really beneficial to do), and no suicide. It won't be written on the handbook, but I won't let it happen on a meta level. In-game, Monokuma has no way of punishing people who commit suicide after all.

Spoiler: DR2
Can we pull a Nagito though? ;)

Quote:
I hope I managed to answer any questions/concerns. Don't hesitate to keep them coming. If you're worried about spamming the thread, PMs are cool too.

Gotcha. Got a few more....private questions I've got anyway. Eheheheh.

Yeah, that's just the report card. And those talents do change when new information is revealed. I'll double check the in-game handbooks though.

Spoiler: DR 1&2
Naegi goes from lucky to hope. Affluent Progeny goes to Imposter.

And:

Spoiler: DR2
Doing a Komaeda, I'll decide on a case by case basis.

Quote:
So out of curiosity, what's your role then, Pancakes? Will you just help in co-modding the mystery/ trial parts of the game (aka BP's role in chapter 1 of F1)?

Like Lone said I'm basically here to answer questions. I'll give him ideas but ultimately the decisions are up to him.

A few things:

1) If you want to be the killer for a case, you don't have to submit a murder plan. We'll talk it out instead.

2) Three days might be a bit tight to come up with a compelling case. Should we need the time, are people okay with us delaying the class trial until the weekend next?

3) Discord. Last time a lot of theories and discussion happened on the discord server. 13/16 players are on it now, but we're gonna try moving more discussion to CR. Key word being try. So Socot, SiRReN, Mancinitini, if you ever feel lost with people suddenly posting fully fledged theories on the topic, let us know.

Happy Maria

1. Goooooood.
2. Yeah, I feel like we need a little more time to properly organise everything too.
3. Thanks :3

I've been getting nagged asked to make ch 1 daily life longer by starting the RP a few days earlier. If everyone's okay with is, we'll start September 29th.

Chapters 4-6 will be weekly, but the earlier chapters may need some more time. I'll try to make the class trials cover the weekends in that case. Either way, just one post a day from you will keep you off the inactivity radar.

Happy Maria

Sure, I'm good with that.

In case anyone's wondering, I'll be pretty much free 18th onwards, so anything after that's good.

fella

This seems like it could be fun.
If there's any space left, consider me interested!

Happy Maria

Collin1002 wrote:

The game's already full, but you can still be a replacement in the case when one of the players becomes inactive.

Collin1002 wrote:

I've signed you up as a replacement. Should someone drop out in chapter 1, you may replace them. I won't ask you to submit a character sheet, but be prepared to make one on short notice.

SC suggested a MAMA (Mandate Against Meta Anything). I've added meta rules to the OP (fashioned from the NG MAMA). Please give them a quick look. Remember, spirit of the law over word of the law. I won't punish you for breaking the rules on a technicality, but will if you try to loophole them by claiming it's not written there.

fella

Lone wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:

I've signed you up as a replacement. Should someone drop out in chapter 1, you may replace them. I won't ask you to submit a character sheet, but be prepared to make one on short notice.

Sounds great.
Well, thank you!

Happy Maria

Gosh darn it. I'm so excited for chapter 1 to start that I can't help myself.

Um, so to pass the time...how long do you think you'll last, everyone?

I personally am hoping to make it past chapter 1 myself :payne:

Shy guy

Want to pass the time? Come join the DRRP Discord!

Happy Maria

Hahaha yeah no.

Socot wrote:
Gosh darn it. I'm so excited for chapter 1 to start that I can't help myself.

Um, so to pass the time...how long do you think you'll last, everyone?

I personally am hoping to make it past chapter 1 myself :payne:

Chapter 4 killer

I wanna be chapter 2 victim. Oh… wait

(A bit part of this may lie on rng so… pray it doesn't screw you over)

Shy guy

There is only one way to avoid RNG: Be the chapter 1 killer.

Happy Maria

Not necessarily. FYI for those who don't know chapter 1 is already being planned by Lone. All someone has to do is agree to it and they'll be the murderer. Otherwise, the killer will be chosen randomly, like chapter 3 of F1.

So even the blackened in this case could potentially be chosen by RNG. So to pass chapter 1, you would (worst case scenario) have to not show up on the blackened roulette, the victim roulette, or the randomly executed roulette. It'd be quite a feat.

Of course, I absolutely hate obvious mysteries (partly the reason I'm conflicted on my liking of DR), so I doubt I'm going to kill even with all that. Plus, I've purposefully made my character....rather useful. You'll see. Who knows, maybe I'll even make it to the end. Haha.

Oh yeah actually that reminds me. What happened to the Class Trial MVP this time Lone?

If someone has a better plan, they can come to me with it. I'm just preparing something if we need to get things rolling. So volunteering as ch. 1 killer is the only way.

SC your character is getting nerfed.

Class Trial MVP will be exactly the same as last time. Me and Pancakes choose three (two, or one in later chapters) people who we feel contributed most to the class trial. If the class is wrong, these people can not be randomly executed, for that trial.

Update: SiRReN's preferred gender will be male. I've added genders to all the no preference people now. If you want to switch, let me know and I'll see if one of the NP people can change for you.

Happy Maria

Can I just be Cox instead?

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'd rather you didn't (cos it means I need to change stuff on my documents), but I'll allow it.

Happy Maria

Thanks Lone

that was surprisingly easy but now everything can go to plan and chaos will engulf you all

Hi! I'm good to start on the 29th, but weekends are times where I will be least active - I basically play primarily at work and weekday evenings. Going to submit my character profile sometime this week.

Socot wrote:
Thanks Lone

that was surprisingly easy but now everything can go to plan and chaos will engulf you all

Psst Lone I have an idea for the first victim

Happy Maria

See if you can convince him. That will be rather interesting. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be that easy. :)

Socot wrote:
See if you can convince him. That will be rather interesting. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be that easy. :)

hey @lone i think we should make cox the first victim

SiRReN wrote:
Hi! I'm good to start on the 29th, but weekends are times where I will be least active - I basically play primarily at work and weekday evenings. Going to submit my character profile sometime this week.

Thanks for letting us know. This might be a bit problematic for class trials. I'm trying to hold them on the weekends whenever possible. They'll cover Friday too, but I imagine that part will mainly be sharing investigation results…

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Socot wrote:

hey @lone i think we should make cox the first victim

Cox's skeleton shall be found in the showers, clutching onto the soap with his iron grip.

Happy Maria

Oh ok that was easy

Never mind I thought we were talking about something else

Whatever not like I cared for him. He was just a pawn to be used and thrown away anyway lol.

I can try to come on in the mornings and evenings on weekends, but I'm trying to be on the computer less on weekends because I'm on one all day for work. And there's two weekends coming up where I flat out won't be online Saturday/Sunday.

If it's going to be a problem, now would be the time to sort it out.

I'd like to play though - I did sign up, after all.

Which weekends will you not be online at all?

September 23/24 and September 30/October 1
Page 2 of 5 [ 164 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus