Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

Ace Attorney Investigations released on iOS/AndroidTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Capcom's really got a thing for these stealth mobile ports, huh?

Ace Attorney Investigations is now available on Google Play and the App Store in Japan, featuring higher-res graphics. If it's anything like AA5/AA6, we'll be seeing an English release soon!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UssBmMTU8jQ

Update: Available on the US Google Play store as well!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney Investigations released on iOS/Android in JTopic%20Title

Art Person

If this isn't an excuse to get the team back together to translate AAI2 I don't know what is

Mia Payne

Well considering we didn't get DGS on iOS and Capcom US pretends AAI doesn't exist, I'm doubtful, yet hopeful
Re: Ace Attorney Investigations released on iOS/AndroidTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Confirmed available on the US Google Play store. Anyone got an iOS link?
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Athena Internet Defense Force

There you go.

Happy Maria

Uuhhh what?

Why AAI now of all times? This feels strangely timed.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Well, hey, every English Ace Attorney game can now be played on iOS.

Nerd Processor

Oh my word! This came out of nowhere.

Remember last year when AJ was released on iOS and Android and all the promotion they had for that? This though... this just appears.

I just looked back at the announcements for AJ and saw the iOS one came out on the 1st and the android one on the 8th December.

And what’s the date today? Yeah it’s the 8th!

Is 8th December going to become like the day of getting a Christmas present of an AA game on mobile from Capcom? Cos I could live with that! :edgey:

Now, come on, AAI2.... please??? (I can dream can’t I? :oops: )
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Deception&&contradiction

Switch please!
If there was one HD Ace Attorney I'd buy it's this one!

Unless DGS makes it offshore that is.

Call me James

Nerdowl wrote:

This might just be me speaking out of pure hope, but if Capcom are putting Investigations on iOS, it might be an indication that we'll see a possible Switch port sometime down the line, as with the trilogy/Apollo Justice and their 3DS ports.

The fact that they've ported Investigations might also hint that they're planning Investigations 2 for the iOS, which may the best chance in a while for a localisation for Investigations 2, so long as people really show some love to the original, if it does release for the Switch.

Obviously, this relies on a lot of assumption/guesswork. but if there would ever be a situation where Investigations 2 would get an opportunity, it's then.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

What's a Court Records?

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high but this does seem to increase the possibility for AAI2.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Nerd Processor

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Nerdowl wrote:

This might just be me speaking out of pure hope, but if Capcom are putting Investigations on iOS, it might be an indication that we'll see a possible Switch port sometime down the line, as with the trilogy/Apollo Justice and their 3DS ports.

The fact that they've ported Investigations might also hint that they're planning Investigations 2 for the iOS, which may the best chance in a while for a localisation for Investigations 2, so long as people really show some love to the original, if it does release for the Switch.

Obviously, this relies on a lot of assumption/guesswork. but if there would ever be a situation where Investigations 2 would get an opportunity, it's then.

I really hope you're right.

I'm probably going to buy the iOS version of investigations anyway (despite owning the DS cart - I've already downloaded the iOS version and am currently replaying the first case in fact, just haven't purchased the other cases) but I really do hope they get the second one released at some point. :bellboy:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

That one super-uncooperative witness

Have they still not ported the English version of AA123 to Android? If they did, the whole English translated series could be said to be fully multiplatform now...

What did he do this time...?

This reminds me; when I first jumped into the AA series a few years back, I had to get the original trilogy on the Wii because tracking down a DS copy was too expensive. Nowadays they've got their HD remakes, AJ available on iOS and 3DS, and now AAI as well. Capcom's done a solid job making these games available to everybody.

I'd like to think this means an AAI2 translation is coming but I highly doubt it. I really enjoy the fan translation and I'd probably hold onto the fan names for the new characters over a potential localization's new names.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

元・超会社員級の管理人

I played a bit of case 2 on the bus to/from work today. Overall it's a solid port, though the art is a little less clean than AA4's was. It's still better than the AA123 release from 2012, though. I wonder if they'll ever clean that thing up.

There are odd bits of lag - it's most noticeable when the background is panning from the left side to the right during confrontations. It's also a little awkward to advance dialogue or examine things while moving around, because you have to tap a tiny button in the bottom-right rather than anywhere on the screen.

Wooster wrote:

A Seeker of Truth

Have already grabbed it; so far so good, I think. Definitely in need of a patch to fix the lag in places as Bolt Storm has mentioned, but otherwise? A pretty good port, and one that I'm glad finally came to Android (and IOS): even if it lags in places it's still eminently functional and quite playable ,which is good enough for now :)
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Yabba Dabba Doo

This is encouraging. I’m a purist so I’ll wait for a 3DS release (hopefully), but it’s great to see nonetheless.

Oh right, this was a thing.

Blizdi wrote:
Well considering we didn't get DGS on iOS and Capcom US pretends AAI doesn't exist, I'm doubtful, yet hopeful

At least they have an excuse with DGS. Heavy Japanese themes and Sherlock Holmes copyright for two.
AAI2 they positively have NO excuse to not localize, especially when you have the demand from Western fans.
~UltrawaveStudios~

Yabba Dabba Doo

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

At least they have an excuse with DGS. Heavy Japanese themes and Sherlock Holmes copyright for two.
AAI2 they positively have NO excuse to not localize, especially when you have the demand from Western fans.

The "demand" isn't really there actually. We all want it, sure. But the subsection of dedicated Ace Attorney fans is minuscule compared to the amount that actually play the series. It's just a fact that an AA game not marketed as "Phoenix Wright" won't sell as well.

Not saying they for sure won't do a AAI2 localization, but they definitely have a good excuse not to.

Happy Maria

That and the fanslation has been out for quite a while too, so a good deal of people have already played it. So there's only a small niche of people who they'd be targeting here. :p

Mia Payne

Capcom making an effort to translate a game while also subsequently porting it is like asking a leprechaun for gold

EINSPRUCH! OBIEZIONE!

I'm not holding my breath for AAI2 at all. Simply seeing this as releasing a game they already have translated that sold poorly the first time around, to see if there are any more yen they can get out of it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes