Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 4 of 19[ 755 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: Phase 2 - SPLIT Opinions!Topic%20Title

Shy guy

Kachu wrote:
"Hm?" Amelia blinks a few times and shoots up. "Y-Yes! That's me. Did you need anything?" She studies the girl in front of her briefly, before quickly stopping as to not appear rude. "Feel free to ask! I may not be the best in large crowds, but I try my best."

"Hmm, nothing specific." Sakura said, smiling. "Just thought you had an interesting talent, really. I love music, and dancing is fun too! Er, even if I'm not great at it, the footwork can be challenging. I seem to have a problem with feet." Laughing awkwardly, she refocused on the topic by folding a small ballerina figure. "Right, so, um, anyway, what kind of dancer are you? Your outfit seems quite specific, though I can't place it. It's cute, too!"

MC_Kitten wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Ah..." Sayako shook her head quickly. "T-there's nothing to forgive; you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just... not used to being hugged like that. I-I suppose I don't mind, though..." She smiled timidly, pulled out a handkerchief, and removed her glasses to polish her lenses, as she often did when she wasn't sure what else to do. "I've missed you as well. How was your time away from school?"

Lumica seemed a little too happy when Sayako said that she missed her too. She then relised she was asked a question and looked at Sayako ounce again. "Ah, It was nice, just to relax and enjoy some time off, but I also missed school, so it was a little boring. How was your time away from school?" Lumica smiled happily as she hummed something in her head.

"Oh, I stayed here with Sakura for the most part, but it was a lovely time regardless, thank you for asking," she replied cheerfully.

Sock

KamiPanda wrote:
Kachu wrote:
"Hm?" Amelia blinks a few times and shoots up. "Y-Yes! That's me. Did you need anything?" She studies the girl in front of her briefly, before quickly stopping as to not appear rude. "Feel free to ask! I may not be the best in large crowds, but I try my best."

"Hmm, nothing specific." Sakura said, smiling. "Just thought you had an interesting talent, really. I love music, and dancing is fun too! Er, even if I'm not great at it, the footwork can be challenging. I seem to have a problem with feet." Laughing awkwardly, she refocused on the topic by folding a small ballerina figure. "Right, so, um, anyway, what kind of dancer are you? Your outfit seems quite specific, though I can't place it. It's cute, too!"

"I don't really find it to be all that difficult. Though, I'm the Ultimate Dancer for a reason." Amelia chuckles to herself. "I can help you learn later on, if you're interested!" After glancing at the paper in Sakura's hand, Amelia continues. "What kind? Oh, I can do anything, really. My outfit is something special though, I'm glad you like it! I have it for some more exotic dances that I've recently done, and to tell you the truth I can't tell you exactly where it's from myself! I should get to changing that.."

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
MC_Kitten wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Ah..." Sayako shook her head quickly. "T-there's nothing to forgive; you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just... not used to being hugged like that. I-I suppose I don't mind, though..." She smiled timidly, pulled out a handkerchief, and removed her glasses to polish her lenses, as she often did when she wasn't sure what else to do. "I've missed you as well. How was your time away from school?"

Lumica seemed a little too happy when Sayako said that she missed her too. She then relised she was asked a question and looked at Sayako ounce again. "Ah, It was nice, just to relax and enjoy some time off, but I also missed school, so it was a little boring. How was your time away from school?" Lumica smiled happily as she hummed something in her head.

"Oh, I stayed here with Sakura for the most part, but it was a lovely time regardless, thank you for asking," she replied cheerfully.

"Oh you're very welcome!" Lumica smiled peacefully.

Remeku hopped over to Matt and looked at him suspiciously. "Hello there! Hahahaaha! Me name is Remeku, friend!" Remeku was planning something, she wanted to find a weakness in the boy before her, but what? Taking a potion out of her bag, Remeku smirked as she thought of something. "Witch would you choose, invisibility or night vision?" Remeku jumped in circles around the boy until he answered.
*coughs awkwardly*

Shy guy

Kachu wrote:
"I don't really find it to be all that difficult. Though, I'm the Ultimate Dancer for a reason." Amelia chuckles to herself. "I can help you learn later on, if you're interested!" After glancing at the paper in Sakura's hand, Amelia continues. "What kind? Oh, I can do anything, really. My outfit is something special though, I'm glad you like it! I have it for some more exotic dances that I've recently done, and to tell you the truth I can't tell you exactly where it's from myself! I should get to changing that.."

"Ooh, that would be wonderful! Though, um, I'd like it if there were more people there too, dancing's much more fun with others." Sakura said.

"Exotic dances though, huh... that does sound nice. How do you learn them? Do you make new dances yourself?"

You’re so small in such a big world...

A new day, a new job, a new school . . . Lida had been too excited to sleep the night before arriving. Which meant she slept during the day. Which meant she was late. Which meant she was already leaving a horrible impression on her new boss. Greeeaaat.

Okay, Lida. Don't panic. Breathe in . . . and out . . . Nobody's judging you harshly. You will be fine! Everyone makes mistakes, but every mistake is merely an opportunity to learn! So chin up! Go, Lida, go! Give me an "L!"

Feeling slightly better, at the door of Hope's Peak Academy, she stopped slouching, drew herself up straight, took a deep breath, adjusted her glasses, and plastered on a smile. Rosalida O'Connor was in business! All she had to do was find Mr. Slezak!

She opened the door and walked in confidently. Boy, the Main Hall seemed packed. No, no. Don't get distracted, Lida! Focus! She scanned the room for the man who interviewed her and focused on him once she saw him, moving toward him. She took a winding path to him, careful not to fall or accidentally step on people's feet. Once she got there, she reached out her arm for a handshake.

"Hello, Mr. Slezak. I am Rosalida O'Connor, the school counselor. Thanks again for hiring me. In accordance with my profession, I assure you I have no idea what I'm doing." She laughed softly. "Er, that is, I am a professional, so I do not wish to start my work with any preconceived notions. I'm very sorry I'm late, but I promise it will not happen again. May I make an official announcement? I'll try to make it quick."

She smiled sweetly and tried not to show her nervousness. So many people . . . Well, she was always a decent public speaker, at least! Just so long as she didn't get too excited.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Ahaha, any name is fine! Glad you are in such high spirits for your first day!" Jeremy told Kirimi as the Fanfic Writer dashed off to go greet someone else.

Mikael gasped at Remeku's revelation. "I-Invisibility? Turns you into a c-cat? Th...That's..." Words failed him, but one could clearly see the fascination in Mikael's eyes.

"Ah, I believe that is everyo-" he began to say to himself, before he received a notification on the handbook. "Oh, right!" As Lida entered, Jeremy put on his best smile once again as the new counselor approached him.

Accepting the handshake, Jeremy greeted cordially, "Ms. O'Connor! It is truly a pleasure! Haha, I must admit I am also not always aware of what I am doing . . . just ask my students," he gestured around at the others. "Um, as it is the first day and this is kind of a work-stay environment--that is, you may use a dorm room here if you so wish--there is no concept of 'late' here. Please do not worry! Also, yes, I will allow you to make a brief official announcement. Please, take it away."

"Excuse me, Students! Ms. O'Connor, your new school counselor, has a brief announcement to make. Please listen!" Jeremy shouted above everyone, hoping that grabbed their attention. Stepping away, Jeremy gestured for her to go ahead.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Unsure what else to say at the moment, Sayako returned Lumica's smile, then turned her attention to this announcement.

Sock

KamiPanda wrote:
Kachu wrote:

"Ooh, that would be wonderful! Though, um, I'd like it if there were more people there too, dancing's much more fun with others." Sakura said.

"Exotic dances though, huh... that does sound nice. How do you learn them? Do you make new dances yourself?"

"Ahh, both really. I watch others and learn, but sometimes I make my own." Amelia replies. "Oh and of course we can involve some of the others! Just.. not too many, please?"

Quickly, Amelia turns over to listen to the announcement.

Shy guy

"Ah, well, I mostly had just one person in mind, really." Sakura admitted nervously. "Though it would probably be best to invite my other friends too - don't worry, just one or two!"

Like the others, she too turned to give Rosalida her undivided attention.

Sleeping is my life.

"I wonder what the announcement is going to be about...?" Gary mumbled to himself as he listen earnestly to whatever it is the new school counselor have to say.

Sojiro didn't say a word as he stared intensely towards the school counselor, awaiting the announcement.

"We have a counselor?" Alfons pondered, his bow still aimed at Janis' face. "Perhaps she can fix your mental inefficiencies, Mrs. Janitor! OHOHO!"

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Slezak wrote:
"Ahaha, any name is fine! Glad you are in such high spirits for your first day!" Jeremy told Kirimi as the Fanfic Writer dashed off to go greet someone else.

Kirimi looked back to Jeremy and smiled "Well yes of course, being enthusiastic, gives everyone a little hint, that I'm not hostel!" Kirimi smiled and jumped in the air like mario just got a coin and sigh screamed out a little Yeah! and had no sign of embarrassment afterward.

Slezak wrote:
Mikael gasped at Remeku's revelation. "I-Invisibility? Turns you into a c-cat? Th...That's..." Words failed him, but one could clearly see the fascination in Mikael's eyes.

Remeku laughed and then smiled. "Ah. I knew that you would be surprised! That's what I love about my work, is that when I see the reactions of people when they hear about it, it gives me a very warm little feeling in my heart, like I just drank Red Bull and it gave my heart wings! hahaha!" Remeku laughed as she started singing a made up song that Lumica showed her "Oooohh I drink red bull just for kicks now, I love it when wings sprout in my head now, and It felt so wrong, but I knew it was right!" Remeku flipped one of her potions in her hand and it landed back in her hand again after it flew in the air. Remeku smiled Wow, looks like I'm going to have good luck today! Remeku thought as she grinned in satisfaction.
*coughs awkwardly*

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Slezak. Thank you for your understanding. I believe I will stay here," Lida said. And then Jeremy shouted that she had an announcement. And people were looking at her. And here she thought she could just drone on and on over their e-handbooks, like that one physics teacher she had in high school. She was getting just a bit nervous and fiddled with her jacket.

"U-um, y-yes, well . . . ," she stammered. Okay, they're all looking at you. It's fine. This is what you wanted. You practiced this in the mirror 128 and a half times and memorized every word on the flashcards. You can do this.

Lida closed her eyes, breathed deeply, and then spoke, her voice projecting nice and loud so everyone could hear.

"My name is Rosalida O'Connor, but please, call me by a nickname. I'm partial to Lida or Rose, but any will do. I am indeed your school counselor, and I am the Ultimate Cheerleader. I thought it would be a good idea to tell you what to expect of me before you ever set foot into my office, as I didn't want you to go in with false notions of me and my profession. Because movies and television do not do justice to what I do and what I'm about. For example, my job is more than just asking how you feel about things, and I will not make clumsy analogies. I will tell you what I mean as directly as I can. And I'm definitely not going to just sit there all stony-faced while you talk on and on." She muttered something about how she honestly couldn't see why such shows even exist, giving all psychologists a bad name. Then she realized she had gone off topic and cleared her throat.

"Right. Anyway, I also wanted you all to know that my office is always open to anyone, and you may visit me at any time, for any reason. As soon as you walk through the doors of my office, you can expect to have a clean slate. Whatever happens outside my office, whatever I observe out here, has no bearing on what happens inside of my office unless you explicitly tell me you wish it so. My office is also a safe space, meaning you can speak of anything without fear of judgment from me. I grant all of you unconditional positive regard. I cannot prescribe medication and I will not discipline anyone. I am your guide and your advocate. I want to help you, if you let me."

She smiled.

"I think that's everything. You may carry on now. Thank you all for your time."

She nodded with satisfaction and bowed. Rocky start. Okay finish. Could have been better, but at least this isn't that nightmare where you forget what to say and also realize you aren't wearing pants or a skirt. So that is a plus.

((Lalala. Accidental double post. Don't mind me.))

Last edited by Lida_Rose on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

"...Can you do anything about that she-devil who stole my milk?" Alfons asked.

Lida tapped her cheek thoughtfully, considering the question posed to her very seriously.

"If a woman stole your milk, I will need more information regarding why. Then I may be able to discuss the issue with both of you until some sort of solution is reached. This will likely involve compromise and seeing things from the other's perspective. However, you would both have to consent to this. I do not have the power to make anyone do anything, after all," she said.

"Hmph! Just like the police back at home," Alfons sneered, before going back to Janis to get his milk back.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Remeku was a bit nervous and hesitated but she went up to the counselor anyway. Okay, you can do this. You know what you have wanted to get help on for a long time. Just tell her Remeku breathed in and breathed out before clearing her throat to speak. "How do you make friends?" Remeku looked down at her feet from the very childish question. Wow, great, look what you did Remeku, you just showed a counselor how your still a child. Lumica is my friend but, she became my friend because we met at an anime convention and I ran into her and she was a nice person so she forgave me, and oh no! we go to the same school? what a shock. yeah. What a shock. We wern't really MEANT to be friends, it was an accident... I have never made a friend, on my own! I was always alone when I was younger, I was so mean and rowdy because I had no idea how to talk to people. I always sat by my self at recess and lunch, either playing with my science stuff or flicking tatter tots at the school bullies. I had no one to look up to and no one to run to. My big brother was always working, he had no time for me, at all. I was alone for 14 whole years. wow. Remeku kept thinking about what she had said. She didn't even relies that she had started crying. Her tears were very hot going down her face, it was like a volcano had erupted. She covered her eyes with her goggles so the counselor would not look at her with shame. you really are a child, arn't you Remeku?
*coughs awkwardly*

Happy Maria

"Don't mind him, Ms. O'Connor", Janis snapped. "This hoodlum's been spilling his milk all over the place just so that I have to clean it up. So I took it from him, simple as that. And NO, greeny, you still won't get it back!" She shouted at Alfons as he came to get it.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Hmph! Just like the police back at home," Alfons sneered, before going back to Janis to get his milk back.

"Hm . . . I never claimed to be a police officer," Lida said with some sadness in her tone. She looked lost in thought for a moment, but she quickly snapped out of it and smiled again.

"How do you make friends?"

The question seemed very personal to the girl who asked. So personal, she was even crying. Lida gave her a sympathetic smile and offered her a tissue which she pulled from her jacket pocket.

"I admit that making friends still doesn't come easily to me. I have only ever maintained shallow friendships throughout school. I made those by just going up to people and talking about impersonal things. When it comes to close friends, though . . . I'm afraid I can only hypothesize."

She tapped her cheek thoughtfully.

"This question actually has many layers and doesn't have a simple answer. People who don't seem similar at all can yet be the closest friends, and people who are very similar can end up not standing each other. I guess part of the trick is to put yourself out there and try, but then people get weirded out if you try too hard. I think if you want close friends, you need to be willing to share personal information and be vulnerable, but I am unwilling, personally. I do not know if any of this helps. People who make friends are hard pressed to answer how they did it most of the time."

Lida tilted her head.

"The question seems really personal to you. Maybe we can discuss it more in my office?"

Then Janis started speaking. Lida nodded in understanding.

"I see. Thank you for telling me that, though, if you please, you may call me Lida. Still, I can't help but wonder if there is a better solution to this."

"M-Miss O'Connor, that speech was phenomenal!" Jeremy beamed. "It is my pleasure to welcome you to the tea-" Jeremy began to compliment, but was then interrupted by Remeku approaching. Based on her question, Jeremy realized he had a lot to think about. Perhaps he, himself would also need counseling. That could wait until later though, as Jeremy simply had to turn and walk away.

Jay's eyes lit up after Lida's speech. He had already been taking therapy for what he'd gone through, but something about this lady just told him she would be perfect to talk to. If nothing else, it would be a good supplement, and as long as it didn't weigh her down too much, Jay felt he could use the second opinion. Then again...his instincts of wanting to be helpful also kicked in. If she ever got overwhelmed, Jay would want to be supportive and inspirational. Teachers need teaching sometimes, and counselors, then, sometimes need counseling themselves.

Mikael, witnessing Remeku walk away from him and begin talking to the counselor, began to wonder what was going on with her. He knew he could be a bit socially awkward, but he never found himself wondering how to make friends--it was just something he did his best and accepted the outcome. Still, he felt a bit of sympathy with her pain, which made him want even more desperately to try to be her friend. Maybe he could talk to her later. He also felt that he had a few things to discuss with the counselor herself.
100% pure Joy.

Flo decided to stretch her legs and paced down the hallways, getting some much needed exercise.

Bud eyed Alfons with disdain. He put the mop back.

"Y'know," said Bud. "If you go against the law, then you betcha the law will go against you."

He went to get some milk for himself.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She replaced her eyewear and tilted her head curiously. "Good day, Lata-sensei... Something in common, you say?"

Sayako instinctively lowered her head slightly to Arthur before bashfully accepting his hand. "Sayako Amachi. It's nice to meet you... Ranpo-kun, was it? I hope you enjoy your time here."

"Please! Call me Arthur." he said warmly, shaking Sayako's hand. "And I look forward to meeting everyone here-- it's already looking like this semester will be my favorite so far."

Arthur's face scrunched up in concern. "O-oh, but you don't have to call me Arthur if it's too informal-- if you'd rather, you can call me by whatever name is comfortable for you...I'll respond to basically anything said towards me. But I guess I do prefer Arthur..."

He had continued to shake Sayako's hand throughout his musing.

MC_Kitten wrote:
Kirimi jumped at the sudden hand shaking his. He smiled nervously. "Ah, yes! That is quite a talent you have there, Mr. Ranpo!" Kirimi finally adjusted to what was going on a sighed a bit before continuing. "I would love to see your novels though! I bet I would love them!" Kirimi was beyond curious of what the novelist was capable of, but whatever it was, it was bound to be amazing.

"Ahhh that's good to hear! I wouldn't mind you taking a look at some of my works-- I'm very interested in feedback! Plus..." Arthur used his free hand, to point to his backpack, "... I always bring copies of my body of work with me."

His other hand was still shaking Sayako's hand. It was only after Rosa's announcement that he noticed that he'd been shaking Sayako's hand for nearly a minute.

"Er-- sorry about that. I'm a bit all-over-the-place at the moment. Nice to meet you... Miss Amachi? Sayako?" he said uncertainly, finally releasing Sayako's hand. "I hope you have a good time here too-- although you seem slightly more comfortable than I feel."

A familiar voice drew Jay out of his spell of deep thinking. Turning towards the sound, he noticed who was making it. He was there in an instant and the second Arthur let go of Sayako's hand, Jay grabbed it and began shaking it with tenacious enthusiasm. "Arthur!" he cried out, "You don't know me but it's so good to see you!" Letting go and stepping back, he added, "Jay Slezak, Ultimate Wordsmith, and soon-to-be Co-Director of this branch of Hope's Peak! Oh, this is a most excellent turn of events!" Jay was clearly brimming with excitement, somewhat like a fanboy, but also like someone who hadn't seen a good friend in a long while, "The Man Who Wouldn't Die has finally returned!" Jay remarked, more to himself than anything. "I love your books. You...could always write the best endings." Jay breathed a sigh of relief, then took a few more deep breaths to attempt to calm himself back down to normal. "Sorry 'bout all that...ever since I saw your books for the first time earlier this year I've been wanting to say that."
100% pure Joy.

Sleeping is my life.

"So, basically, we can turn to you for help if we have any problems with ourselves..." Gary quietly said, not looking to elaborate.

Sojiro nodded as he listened to the announcement. "Hmm.." Sojiro said. Seems like that's all he have to say. Still, he have a feeling that he might turns to her for help. But when that will happen... Only time can tell.

He looks towards Jeremy Slezak. "Slezak-sensei... If possible, can you make sure O'Conner-san is aware of who I am and what my talent is? I might have to talk to her about that when I get the chance to speak to her in her office." Sojiro asked Jeremy Slezak. To the others, it was not clear what he meant by that. But to Jeremy, it was clear what he meant.

A new dawn.

Slezak wrote:
Supporting Felicity as he stood up from his crouched position in order to help her up as well, Jay began to explain, "Yeah, I had to learn tons about these handbooks in my training to be Co-Director! Um, so basically the handbooks are integrated into the school system, so they provide maps, information about school rules, the public roster, an email system, polls...the list goes on. No outside connection though. I do agree that owning a phone is totally worth it!" He'd brought up the picture he took on his phone and begun staring at it longer than he intended to, feeling his cheeks warm up. Thinking on her words, Jay finally broke his concentration and turned his head towards Felicity, adding, "A-Ah, well that's something to discuss with her when I get the chance, I suppose. Th-Thanks Felicity. I'll talk to you again soon." With reluctance, he let his arm fall away from her shoulder and down to his side so Felicity could talk to some of the others.

She got up from the floor as well, giving him a thankful look for his help. "Oh, yeah, I can't believe I forgot for a moment there that you're the Co-Director! You have to tell me later how the whole thing's like! And wow, that's a lot of stuff. I think I've only seen like three out of all those." She looked over his shoulder to see the photo. "That's a nice selfie. You should send that over to me when you have the time." At his words, she looked worried and a bit afraid, her voice unconsciously rising. "No, no, no! Jay, you can't mention that to her! I don't think she'd mind what I said since I didn't say much, but you really shouldn't ask her about it - or tell her about him!" Realising how loud she had been, she looked away in embarrassment, now whispering, "I'm.. um, I didn't mean to... it's just that, well, it's not a good topic for her, so please... just don't bring this up with Queeny." Taking in a deep breath, she turned to talk to the others, hoping they hadn't heard her outburst over all the conversations going on.

MC_Kitten wrote:
"Oh," Kirimi faced his attention to the girl that was talking to him. "Ah, nice to meet you too!" Kirimi smiled a shiny smile towards the lucky student. "Yes, we will be learning creative writing! You are very smart, as to knowing what I might be teaching, it's quite nice. You must be Felicity, the Ultimate Lucky student. I guess I'm the lucky one this time, to meeting you, milady!" Kirimi pushed his glasses up on his face and smiled brightly to the girl that stood before him.

Felicity smiled back, looking a bit surprised by the praise. "Ah, it wasn't anything other than a... um, lucky guess, sir. That's real nice of you, but, uh, you don't need to call me 'milady'... I guess if you want to, it's alright, but you don't really have to..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Er..." The coupler blushed a bit. "I actually didn't notice if there was other staff around. We spent most of our time in our rooms, or sometimes looking up material in the library." She nodded seriously. "A-alright. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help."

"Oh, I see! The library here is really extensive! I guess there were lots of books for you to check up there." Felicity nodded to the offer. "Sure. I don't think there'll be any problems since we kinda managed to come to an understanding, but thanks, Matchy!"

Datamatt wrote:
"Wow, that's..." He pauses for a few seconds. He's not really sure what to say, considering Felicity's general attitude to this. "Thanks, I guess. I'm just not sure what to say to this, sorry. I appreciate the thought, though." He shrugs in response. "But I get what you're saying. So, don't worry about the rambling. It's fine."

"You don't need to say anything. Just keep that in mind or, well, don't; it's your wish."

As the counsellor made her announcement, she listened carefully, clapping at the end of it. Felicity was about to ask a question when Remeku walked up to Lida. She moved away, deciding hers wasn't all that important, and instead asked Jeremy, "What are we going to do after all the intros, sir? And are there any more left?"

Shy guy

Sakura nodded happily, satisfied by Rosalida's speech. She then turned back to the Dancer. "Well, it's been nice chatting with you, Amelia. I'm going to hold you to your promise to teach me later! But for now I want to go talk to some of the other newcomers. Though, um..." She stared at the nervous girl in front of her for a few moments, remembering how she'd been hiding away alone until she'd gone to talk with her. "Want to come with me? We can tackle some of the scarier ones together! Um, well, not all the scary ones, but, er, you know." She suddenly felt acutely aware of the Yakuza's presence somewhere in the room behind her. "Safety in numbers, right?"

"Of course, Mr. Arakida, I will make her aware when I am able," Jeremy replied. He made a mental note to pull Lida aside and talk to her once everything there was done.

Speaking of everything being done, Felicity then approached him and asked her question. "Um . . ." Jeremy hummed, closing his eyes in intense thought. "Oh! Hold on just a moment. I will just tell everyone." Jeremy then procured his handbook and started typing in something. A minute later a flurry of chimes sounded as all the handbooks were updated.

A text announcement appeared, reading, "Attention Students, freeform introductions will last about ten more minutes. Please begin wrapping things up. Our next stop will be the Auditorium at the back of the Creative Wing, which can be reached by following the hallway opposite the doors leading to the outside. There, we will let the students who have requested to perform set up and do so. You are of course encouraged, but not required, to attend. In other words, from here on out you are free to explore the school at your leisure. I will deliver future announcements like this in text or video form via the handbooks, or via the monitors around the school if we are here. I will explain more about that later."

"I hope that sufficiently answered your question, Ms. Clover," Jeremy stated after giving her a chance to read it.
100% pure Joy.

DarkAgea wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Er..." The coupler blushed a bit. "I actually didn't notice if there was other staff around. We spent most of our time in our rooms, or sometimes looking up material in the library." She nodded seriously. "A-alright. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help."

"Oh, I see! The library here is really extensive! I guess there were lots of books for you to check up there." Felicity nodded to the offer. "Sure. I don't think there'll be any problems since we kinda managed to come to an understanding, but thanks, Matchy!"

"Yes, yes, absolutely!" Sayako nodded again, more enthusiastically this time. "Please be sure to come see me when you have the time as well, I've missed speaking with you!"

MechaQdogg wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She replaced her eyewear and tilted her head curiously. "Good day, Lata-sensei... Something in common, you say?"

Sayako instinctively lowered her head slightly to Arthur before bashfully accepting his hand. "Sayako Amachi. It's nice to meet you... Ranpo-kun, was it? I hope you enjoy your time here."

"Please! Call me Arthur." he said warmly, shaking Sayako's hand. "And I look forward to meeting everyone here-- it's already looking like this semester will be my favorite so far."

Arthur's face scrunched up in concern. "O-oh, but you don't have to call me Arthur if it's too informal-- if you'd rather, you can call me by whatever name is comfortable for you...I'll respond to basically anything said towards me. But I guess I do prefer Arthur..."

He had continued to shake Sayako's hand throughout his musing.

MC_Kitten wrote:
Kirimi jumped at the sudden hand shaking his. He smiled nervously. "Ah, yes! That is quite a talent you have there, Mr. Ranpo!" Kirimi finally adjusted to what was going on a sighed a bit before continuing. "I would love to see your novels though! I bet I would love them!" Kirimi was beyond curious of what the novelist was capable of, but whatever it was, it was bound to be amazing.

"Ahhh that's good to hear! I wouldn't mind you taking a look at some of my works-- I'm very interested in feedback! Plus..." Arthur used his free hand, to point to his backpack, "... I always bring copies of my body of work with me."

His other hand was still shaking Sayako's hand. It was only after Rosa's announcement that he noticed that he'd been shaking Sayako's hand for nearly a minute.

"Er-- sorry about that. I'm a bit all-over-the-place at the moment. Nice to meet you... Miss Amachi? Sayako?" he said uncertainly, finally releasing Sayako's hand. "I hope you have a good time here too-- although you seem slightly more comfortable than I feel."

She giggled pleasantly, her face slightly red from the extended handshake. "You may use 'Sayako' if it pleases you, Ra- Er, pardon me, Arthur. I've spent the last couple months here already, so if there's anything you'd like to know, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer."

After Rosalida's speech, Sayako continued to gaze at the new counselor for a few more moments. She then opened her journal and jotted a few things down in it, giggling softly to herself all the while.

A new dawn.

Felicity read through the announcement, and when she finished, she looked up from the screen and nodded. "Oh, yeah, got it, sir! Is there a list of who all are performing, though? I remember Sophia, Marcus and um..." She took a quick look at the public roster on her handbook and finished, "-Isaiah. That's all of them, right?"

Franzise Deauznim wrote:
"Yes, yes, absolutely!" Sayako nodded again, more enthusiastically this time. "Please be sure to come see me when you have the time as well, I've missed speaking with you!"

"Of course! I'd love to have a conversation at length when we can!" She smiled brightly at the coupler.

Happy Maria

Sophia seemed caught off guard. "What? I'm performing? Oh, I thought I was just watching. Meh, it's alright. I can perform too, if that's okay with you guys."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
She giggled pleasantly, her face slightly red from the extended handshake. "You may use 'Sayako' if it pleases you, Ra- Er, pardon me, Arthur. I've spent the last couple months here already, so if there's anything you'd like to know, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer."

Arthur nodded. "I'd like that-- maybe when things have died down a little bit, I can ask you about things around here? Right now it's a bit hectic..."

Slezak wrote:
A familiar voice drew Jay out of his spell of deep thinking. Turning towards the sound, he noticed who was making it. He was there in an instant and the second Arthur let go of Sayako's hand, Jay grabbed it and began shaking it with tenacious enthusiasm. "Arthur!" he cried out, "You don't know me but it's so good to see you!" Letting go and stepping back, he added, "Jay Slezak, Ultimate Wordsmith, and soon-to-be Co-Director of this branch of Hope's Peak! Oh, this is a most excellent turn of events!" Jay was clearly brimming with excitement, somewhat like a fanboy, but also like someone who hadn't seen a good friend in a long while, "The Man Who Wouldn't Die has finally returned!" Jay remarked, more to himself than anything. "I love your books. You...could always write the best endings." Jay breathed a sigh of relief, then took a few more deep breaths to attempt to calm himself back down to normal. "Sorry 'bout all that...ever since I saw your books for the first time earlier this year I've been wanting to say that."

Arthur at first looked alarmed and his hand was taken by Jay and shaken. "Uh-- uhm..."

But his worry soon gave way to a well-practiced veneer of calm. "Oh! Well, it's always nice to meet someone who appreciates my writing! If you'd like for me to sign anything, just let me know-- I'd be happy to..."

With his newly freed hand he reached to his backpack to an accessible pocket and took out a pen.

"I keep one with me at all times in case anyone needs me to offer an autograph." he said. "Just... don't ask me to sign a book to 'eBay' or anything like that-- it's kind of a joke I've heard enough of."

A new dawn.

Southern Corn wrote:
Sophia seemed caught off guard. "What? I'm performing? Oh, I thought I was just watching. Meh, it's alright. I can perform too, if that's okay with you guys."

"Oh, you aren't? I thought you were going to help Isaiah... Sorry, guess I remembered wrong."

Sleeping is my life.

"Err, Rutake... Do you want to go to the auditorium to uh... watch the performance?" Gary asked Rutake. "Or do you want to explore Hope's Peak Academy? This place is huge! I could easily get lost! Speaking of which..."

Gary pulls out his handbook and looked around on there. "I wonder if it come equipped with a map of Hope's Peak Academy....?"

"Tch..." Sojiro said as he heard that there is a performance that is going to occurs in the auditorium in the Creative Wing. "What a waste of time. Watching people perform? How is that even important?" He asked no one in particular.

He was about to head off to the dorms before he realized one thing: he was new to Hope's Peak, meaning that he have yet to get familiar with the layout of the place.

"Does anyone know which way the dorms is?" Sojiro asked, again to no one in particular.

Happy Maria

"Oh! It's no worry, really!" Sophia replied to Felicity. "I'm used to performing on the spot, so this should be a cinch for me. You don't mind, do you, Isaiah?"

"E-eh?!" Rutake seemed caught off guard by Gary's sudden request. "Um, alright. I haven't seen anything in ages, so I guess I could come."

After disappearing for a while, Janis too seemed to come back. She seemed abnormally pleased with herself. "There we go! All milk bottles carefully disposed of. You won't be getting your hands on them any time soon, greeny!" She pointed at Alfons.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Lida_Rose wrote:
"How do you make friends?"

The question seemed very personal to the girl who asked. So personal, she was even crying. Lida gave her a sympathetic smile and offered her a tissue which she pulled from her jacket pocket.

"I admit that making friends still doesn't come easily to me. I have only ever maintained shallow friendships throughout school. I made those by just going up to people and talking about impersonal things. When it comes to close friends, though . . . I'm afraid I can only hypothesize."

She tapped her cheek thoughtfully.

"This question actually has many layers and doesn't have a simple answer. People who don't seem similar at all can yet be the closest friends, and people who are very similar can end up not standing each other. I guess part of the trick is to put yourself out there and try, but then people get weirded out if you try too hard. I think if you want close friends, you need to be willing to share personal information and be vulnerable, but I am unwilling, personally. I do not know if any of this helps. People who make friends are hard pressed to answer how they did it most of the time."

Lida tilted her head.

"The question seems really personal to you. Maybe we can discuss it more in my office?"

Remeku took the tissue and nodded to what she was saying. "Y-y-yeah... that would be n-nice...." Remeku said as she bowed to her as a thank you and walked away. You did good... sadly, I don't think potions can make that depressed feeling in my heart go away

DarkAgea wrote:
MC_Kitten wrote:
"Oh," Kirimi faced his attention to the girl that was talking to him. "Ah, nice to meet you too!" Kirimi smiled a shiny smile towards the lucky student. "Yes, we will be learning creative writing! You are very smart, as to knowing what I might be teaching, it's quite nice. You must be Felicity, the Ultimate Lucky student. I guess I'm the lucky one this time, to meeting you, milady!" Kirimi pushed his glasses up on his face and smiled brightly to the girl that stood before him.

Felicity smiled back, looking a bit surprised by the praise. "Ah, it wasn't anything other than a... um, lucky guess, sir. That's real nice of you, but, uh, you don't need to call me 'milady'... I guess if you want to, it's alright, but you don't really have to..."

Kirimi scratched the back of his head and smiled. "Oh, sorry, I know I don't have to, I never have to call anyone that, but I do anyway, because, well, it's the way I talk. If that makes any since. The only time I don't talk like that to someone, is when they truly don't want to be called that, or talked to like that, that's when I stop. If you don't want me to call you 'milady', just tell me, okie?" Kirimi smiled as he bowed to the lucky student.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
MC_Kitten wrote:

Kirimi chuckled "I do that too!" Kirimi pointed to his satchel that looked like it was over filled. "I have 6 more of these in my dorm room that are over filled." Kirimi looked inside his satchel and sighed. "Ya' know, I know that I would enjoy your work... but, er, I don't know if you would think my work is good or not. It's weird, what I do. Have you ever heard of fanfiction?" Kirimi asked the novelist while tapping his fingers on the notebook he was holding.
*coughs awkwardly*

Flo looked at the message displayed on her handbook.

"A performance huh? Sounds like some fun."

She decided to go explore the school first. She swung by her research room to see what waited her.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bud ignored the message. He was busy keeping an eye on Alfons and Sojiro to make sure they weren't doing anything illegal.

hi

Isaiah rubbed his arm nervously. "I-I'm not that used to performing without planning, b-but I guess there's no backing out of it now..."

Happy Maria

Noticing Isaiah's reluctance, Sophia replied,"Well, if you're still a bit nervous, maybe I could perform first?"
Page 4 of 19 [ 755 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay