Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 8 of 19[ 755 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: Phase 2 - SPLIT Opinions!Topic%20Title

Arthur found made his way into the door and, finding that he was late, quickly grabbed a few random appetizers into a plate and then sat in one  of the swiftly dwindling unclaimed seats. Along the way, he nodded and smiled at Sayako and Sakura. The latter was facing away from him at the time, but he couldn't stop himself in time to not be noticed.

"Done!" Bud had finished searching Flo. "Whose next?"

He looked over to see most of the students had already entered.

"Tch. Not enough time to search everyone. Screw it."

He went over and got some steak.

_______

Flo watched Bud go off.

"Seriously? You searched me that thoroughly, and you aren't even gonna bother with anyone else?"

She tutted and went off to get some sausages.

Sleeping is my life.

Gary was still eating his appetizers when he noticed that they have brought in the entrees.

"Can you hold on for a minute? I need to get myself some entrees." Gary told Felicity as he stood up from his seat and then went over to get himself a plate. He forgot about his appetizers as his mind was fixed on entrees.

A few minutes later, Gary was back with a plate of a few slices of roast beef, assorted vegetables, and mashed potatoes. He even didn't forget the silverware and napkin.

"Sorry about that, Felicity." Gary said hastily as he started eating his meal. One bite was enough to make Gary say "Dude, they must be good cooks, as this is seriously delicious!"

A new dawn.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Hey, Felicity!" Gary greeted Felicity, as he puts his plate on the table. Then, he took one of the appetizers from the plate and ate it. He chewed slowly before gulping. He then continues to speak, "It was nice to check out the whole academy. I have a feeling that there's a few places within Hope's Peak Academy that'll I spend most of my time in."

Gary then points at his plate. "Delicious." Gary said simply, as he puts another appetizer into his mouth.

"Hi, Gary! The trip was good, huh? Though I didn't expect it to take so much time. There're so many wings catering to so many things... I've no doubt everybody has some place here that's their favourite!"

"Oh, yeah, I was waiting till everybody came before I picked my starters. Sorry, I'll be back soon~" Felicity went to the buffet table, looking over the selection before taking some fried mushroom. She walked back to her seat and sat down, trying it out. "Wow, it's pretty tasty."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Can you hold on for a minute? I need to get myself some entrees." Gary told Felicity as he stood up from his seat and then went over to get himself a plate. He forgot about his appetizers as his mind was fixed on entrees.

"Wait, those are entrées? I thought entrée was another word for starters..." She trailed off in confusion, and then shook her head. "Anyway, no problem! I have to get some too, so I guess I'll just come along with you!"

As she was choosing her food, she caught sight of the rainbow pie. "That's really colourful," Felicity mumbled to herself and put a piece of it on her plate, then waited for Gary to finish so that they could go back to their table together.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Sorry about that, Felicity." Gary said hastily as he started eating his meal. One bite was enough to make Gary say "Dude, they must be good cooks, as this is seriously delicious!"

Felicity ate slowly, savouring every bit. "I know, right? The rainbow pie's perfectly sweet, even if it's not chocolate!"

Sleeping is my life.

When Felicity mentioned that entrée was another word for starters, Gary realized what he said and then laughed nervously before he replied, "Ahahaha, my mistake! I meant to say main course, I don't know why I didn't say that."

And then he noticed that rainbow pie that Felicity was eating. "Huh, I thought the pudding doesn't come until after the main course is finished...?" Gary asked, confused by what was going on. "I mean, it's strange that the rainbow pie was suddenly part of the main course, when it should be part of the pudding."

((Pudding is British English for desserts, just so you know.))

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Slezak wrote:
Jay laughed in response, and then Remeku came over with some food and a slice of the rainbow pie she got permission from Jay to make. He flinched when she sat down, but then she apologized and Jay gave her a sympathetic look. "I totally understand. I accept your apology even though I'm the one who should be apologizing. I never meant so suggest you actually make things explode for fun. Anyway, I get it. It can be pretty scary being around so many people at once. I know when I first attended school I was like that too, but eventually I opened up and look how I am today!" He smiled and took another bite of his food. He'd have to get himself some of that pie after dinner.

Remeku laughed nervously, feeling releaved that nothing she did made any one off ease. She then looked over as Mikael walked up to them.

Slezak wrote:
...Mikael had taken too long to decide. No matter, he would be the first one in line for the entrees! He made himself a plate, and noticing the pie, let out a genuine laugh. He headed towards the table at which Jay, Jeremy, Sojiro, and Remeku were sitting.

"A-Ah, Re-Remmy. I hope you're f-feeling better..." Mikael greeted as he sat down. "H-Hello to you as well, Mr. and Director Slezak and Mr. Arakida. U-Um, Mr. Slezak, who made that pie? It-It looks like n-nothing I-I've ever s-seen b-before." Mikael looked away. Even giving compliments was difficult. He looked down at his rainbow shirt, unable to look back at the others at the moment as his cheeks flushed slightly.

Remeku blushed in surprise. "Oh, uh, th-thanks, Mikael! Hehe, yeah! I-I'm feeling a lot better! I'm really sorry for over reacting, I didn't mean to make anyone get confused." Remeku smiled and then realized that Mikael was complimenting her creation and blushed. "Actually... M-Mikael... th-that was m-made b-by me... I used coffee creamer and my Rainbow Flower potion. Don't w-worry, I have made it before, witch is why I m-made it... would you like a-a piece?" Without letting Mikael respond, Remeku instantly got up and got him a slice of the pie. She came back over in set it down gently in front of him. "I hope you like it Mikael! I think your shirt already does!" Remeku giggled and as she looked at his rainbow shirt.
*coughs awkwardly*

Shy guy

Sakura was quite enjoying her meal. She had, naturally, gone for the dish Sayako had prepared, and was quite open about her like for it. "Mmm, lovely lovely lovely!" She said after savouring a mouthful. "Your cooking's improved, you know, I'm sure of it!"

Facing away as she was, she didn't notice Arthur's greeting.

Sayako returned Arthur's nod with a small one of her own, then gasped softly at Sakura's compliments. "Ah... I-I'm so happy to hear that! I was really nervous about it turning out right..."

She fidgeted a bit in her seat and giggled ecstatically under her breath.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Y-Y-You made the pie? Then I-I should t-try it right away," Mikael said with surprise. He cut off a small piece and put it in his mouth. His face lit up as he chewed it, clearly enjoying it. "HolycrapthispieisamazingIdidn'tknowanyonecouldmakesomethingsogood!!!" Mikael shouted. His face immediately became scarlet, realizing his outburst.

"Speaking of things that taste good," Jay responded, unable to stop himself from laughing a bit, "It's about time for me to go bring out the planned dessert! I'll be back soon." Jay stood up and began looking around for the people in the dessert group.

Spoiler: 6:45 PM - Dessert Deserted Us!
Jay entered the kitchen to bring forth the cookies he’d left to cool down after the entrees course began.

“Wait a minute! Where did the cookies go?” Jay asked, noticing an empty baking sheet where the cookies he’d made used to be. Trying to keep a calm head, Jay exited the kitchen and began asking all the volunteers if any of them had done something with the cookies. They all shook their heads. One student, however, was just returning to the dining hall. At this point, confusion had begun to spread as some students had overheard Jay asking about the cookies. Jay had asked the student who had just returned if they had done anything with the cookies, but received merely a puzzled look as a response. It was then Jay had an idea.

*Ding Dong, Bing Bong*
“Attention students, the cookies I was going to serve for dessert have disappeared! In order to figure out who took them, I’m going to need to speak with all the volunteers. Rest assured we will solve this mystery.”

Jay brings together all the volunteers and begins explaining the situation. Some investigation needs to be done. Jay decides to split the volunteers into three groups: Three people search the crime scene--the kitchen, two people search the dining hall for anything suspicious, and two people check the storage rooms just outside the dining hall, through the side hallway close to the kitchen. Jay reasoned that the culprit wouldn’t have needed to go far to get what they needed.

Volunteers, pick where you want to investigate!
Kitchen - 3 slots - Alfons, Sojiro, Remeku
Dining hall - 2 slots - Arthur, Sayako
Storage - 2 slots - Rutake, Bud

Jay also suggests the volunteers discuss their alibis, or where they were throughout the course of the dinner.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Last edited by Slezak on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Arthur stood up. "Not dessert! Well-- maybe they've just been... lost, somehow? No, best not to make that assumption."

"Let's split up and cover more ground. Hmmmm.... where to start... I suppose I'll take the dining hall..." said Arthur, glancing down at his still untouched food. "Besides... I haven't eaten before I came here, so... I'm a little hungry. I don't mean to be rude, but I could use some nibbles if that's alright with the rest of you..."

hi

Isaiah suddenly realized he'd been so lost in thought he'd missed dinner. He nervously rose from his seat and went to grab anything that was left over.

"Er... I think I'd like to search the dining hall as well, i-if that's alright," Sayako chimed in. "Not because I'm hungry or anything like that, though... Er, ah, n-not that there's anything wrong with that!" she added hastily, throwing an apologetic glance Arthur's way.

"Interrupting our meal for some cookies..." Alfons angrily pointed at Jay. "I will find your cookies, and then I will end my hunger! You can find me at the kitchen...and as for the culprit."

Alfons raised his bow menacingly, accompanied by an evil laugh. Alfons huffed angrily over to the kitchen, ready to catch the culprit.

Sleeping is my life.

Gary was shocked to hear the announcement goes off.

"Blimey!" Gary shouted in response to the announcement. "Who in their right mind would nick the biscuits?! Now, we'll never get our pudding!"

Upon hearing the announcement, Sojiro abruptly stands up from his seat, knocking the chair over in the process.

"What the fuck?!" Sojiro yelled angrily, one of his hands clenched into a fist. "Those cookies were for the dinner guests! That bastard! If I ever find out who stole the cookies..."

Luckily for him, it was Jay who came to collect him. He took a deep breath and then let it out. With his anger now gone, Sojiro followed Jay Slezak.

Once he and the other volunteers were grouped up, Jay then explained the situation to him and the others.

"Tch... I really don't have time for this... But since I volunteered, I suppose I can make an exception." Sojiro said as he pulled out his red flip cellphone. Then, ignoring the text messages for now, Sojiro opened the 'notes' app on his phone. Apparently, he's using the app to take notes of the case.

"As for my alibi... Well..." Sojiro said as he cleared his throat. "Okay, I'll give you my alibi. My alibi goes:

I was in my room, reflecting on my past, when I heard a knock at my door. As it turns out, it was Slezak-san who came to remind me that it was time to meet up. I collected Rikoda-san and then we went to the meeting spot. When we got to the meeting spot, we found Lata-san waiting for us. As you can see, Rikoda-san, Lata-san, and I were responsible for handling the appetizers. Slezak-san can confirms this as he was the one who assigned the task to us.

When we went into the kitchen, the cookies were in the oven. The delicious smell of the cookies almost made me want to eat some of the cookies, but I was able to restraint myself from doing so. While we were in the kitchen, I saw Lata-san reaches for the oven and was able to stop her by calling out to her. I then reminded her that the cookies were for later. Afterwards, Rikoda-san, Lata-san and I carried out the appetizers out to the dining hall. We got the appetizers set up just before the guests shown up. This was before 6:00, I believe."

As he talked, Sojiro is tapping away at his phone, making notes of his own alibi.

"So, when the appetizers phase came to an end, Rikoda-san, Lata-san and I came to the buffet table, where we discussed what to keep and what to throw away. I, of course, volunteered to take the trash to the disposal room. It's because that I'm not the only biggest, but it's in my nature to keep things neat and clean. This was around 6:15. We were done by 6:20 when the entrees group shown up with the food.

Afterwards, I talked with some of the dinner guests. Some time after the entrée course started, I thought I saw some movements in the kitchen. However, through the crowd, I couldn't make anything out..."

Sojiro trailed off at the last part, as there's a concerned look on his face. Presumably, he seems concerned about something...

Shaking his head, Sojiro continues, "Anyway, that's my alibi. Oh, as for where I'm searching... I'll search the kitchen."

Sayako flinched and shrank away as the huge, scary yakuza knocked his chair over and started yelling. She kept her distance from him as she and the other volunteers were gathered up, and then continued to do so as Sojiro gave his testimony regarding dinner.

After he'd finished speaking, she remained silent for a few more moments, then timidly took a step forward. "I... think I may have seen some unusual movements near the kitchen as well," she started. "Sorry, I suppose I should start from the beginning, though there's not much to tell. I was supposed to have helped with bring dessert out and was free until then, so I'd spent most of the banquet eating with Sakura. Whatever may have been happening around the kitchen, I didn't pay much attention to it; I assumed whoever was working there would take care of it if it was a problem. Shortly after that, though, I, er, needed to leave for a short time..." She lowered her eyes. "Unfortunately, I was late getting back for my duty. It was about a quarter to seven when I returned. Slezak-kun came up to me then and said the cookies had gone missing. ...I think that's about it."

"Oh no," said Flo. "All they had to do was wait for dessert. Why'd they have to ruin it for everyone?"

______

"Tch," said Bud. "Well, just some cookies. No one was hurt. My alibi: I came into the dining hall after setting my hair. Man, don't you love it? My job was 'main course duty' with that annoying arrowhead, Alfons. I came in at like 6:01 pm. Fashionably late. Alfons shot an arrow at me and I kept an eye on him for the rest of the day. He didn't do no suspicious things. I didn't notice any suspicious activity from anyone else. I was too focused on Alfons to pay attention."

Shy guy

When Sojiro began shouting, Sakura was likewise intimidated, becoming paralysed in her seat. It was only after Jay led the danger away that she began to calm down a little, taking a sip of her drink to calm her nerves. She was grateful for Sayako's presence when she returned to investigate the dining hall, and got up to join her and offer moral support. "I'll be your Watson, Matchy!" She said, relieved to see that Sojiro was investigating elsewhere.

"I will search the storage," said Bud. "I promise, on the name of Lau, that no stone will be unturned."

Sleeping is my life.

Sojiro nodded as he tapped away at his phone, taking note of both Sayako's alibi and Bud's alibi. The only people who haven't given their alibi were Rutake, Arthur, Alfons, and Remeku. He figured that he'll get their alibis later during the investigation. He then puts his phone away. He only need his phones when he need to take notes of new information that may come up.

"Very well, if you have nothing else to say... Then I'll be off to the kitchen to look around." Sojiro said as he walked off to the kitchen, to begins his investigation.

Happy Maria

(Sorry for the delay, I had to wait till I found out what place I would be searching)

"W-what?! Are you serious?!" Rutake seemed to be rather surprised when the disappearance of the cookies was announced. "How could this happen? Those were for the guests! I…I don't…"

He seemed to be flustered more than usual, but after a while managed to regain his composure.

"Er, well, I suppose there's nothing to be done but to start the search. I shall search the storage room with Mr. Lau, if that is alright. But, um, I suppose I should also give my alibi. Wait…actually, I'm sorry, everyone, but I shall have to hold onto mine until we finish searching. I think I may know something important." He didn't seem to elaborate, and motioned to start searching.

A new dawn.

As the announcement happened, Felicity sighed. "Couldn't that culprit just wait for the next course?"

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Blimey!" Gary shouted in response to the announcement. "Who in their right mind would nick the biscuits?! Now, we'll never get our pudding!"

"Same sentiments, mate," she said, giggling. "I feel pretty bad for whoever took the time to make those. But don't worry - hopefully this'll be resolved soon and we can get back to dinner."

"Are the rest of us just going to wait here, Jay?" Felicity cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted to the wordsmith.

Alfons saw Sojiro and Rutake enter the kitchen and eyed them cautiously.

"Do not expect anything from me!" Alfons snapped- "I know how you people think. I could take my bow and arrow and I'm sure I could make even an old man like you cry! For Alfons Einarsson has the strength of one thousand oxes!"

Alfons nodded with satisfaction, proud over his threat. "Besides. The only thing I was doing was stealing appetizers from you peons, but never any cookies! I suppose I played a little trick on that fruitcake Bud, but it was nothing. You should have seen it...when the time for the main courses came, i entered the kitchen, and then I shot an arrow to distract the poor lad, and took some food for myself! Bud kept staring at me, but no one can stare down the Ultimate Archer!"

Alfons never really realized he seemed to be talking to himself.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Afterwards, I talked with some of the dinner guests. Some time after the entrée course started, I thought I saw some movements in the kitchen. However, through the crowd, I couldn't make anything out..."

Sojiro trailed off at the last part, as there's a concerned look on his face. Presumably, he seems concerned about something...

Shaking his head, Sojiro continues, "Anyway, that's my alibi. Oh, as for where I'm searching... I'll search the kitchen."

"Y-you might've seen me." said Arthur, guiltily. "I think I was one of the first to finish up-- as I said, I was hungry. Still am, a bit. I went into the kitchen to wash my dishes, and I saw them-- the cookies. They looked really good... and, you know... I'm still a bit hungry... and I figured, there were like 20, and it wouldn't hurt to take just one... but I searched the kitchen high and low and I couldn't find a spatula, so I tried to take one off with my fingers, but it was still too hot. I burnt my finger, so I made my way to the storage room to get some aloe and then I came back here after putting some on my finger. After that, I came back here-- I figured it might be time for the cookies to be served."

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Slezak wrote:
"Y-Y-You made the pie? Then I-I should t-try it right away," Mikael said with surprise. He cut off a small piece and put it in his mouth. His face lit up as he chewed it, clearly enjoying it. "HolycrapthispieisamazingIdidn'tknowanyonecouldmakesomethingsogood!!!" Mikael shouted. His face immediately became scarlet, realizing his outburst.

Remeku blushed a little pleased that Mikael like it. "Hehe, c-c-calm down... y-your going t-t-to make me f-f-faint f-from laughing, hahaa" Remeku giggled and held her stomach from the laughing pain.

Remeku's heart skipped a beat when she heard about the stolen cookies. It is heartless for someone to take something from everyone and have it for them selves. She clenched her hands into fists. These people were her friends, and she wasn't going to allow the culprit to get away with something so heartless. "This is crazy! Down right, despicable! And don't anyone of you point the blame on me! My alibi is plainly right in front of your faces! okay,

The cookies were still in the oven when I showed up to the kitchen first. I was there for a little while until Sojiro, Rutake, and Jay showed up and we proceeded into the dinning hall and then right back to the kitchen. The delicious aroma of the cookies consumed me. It must've been the extra ingredient that Jay let me add, but I was too distracted by the thought of eating all of the cookies then and there. Not even realizing it, I reached over to the oven handle unconsciously. I stopped when I heard Sojiro tell me that they were for later. I was super embarrassed. Rutake seemed to be un-amused as he grabbed a few dishes to take out. Me and Sojiro did the same. When the end of the appetizer phase came, I went to go help the others decide what to keep and what to through away. Rutake and I dealt with putting away the left overs, while Sojiro took the trash out. During the main phase of dinner, I noticed someone by the kitchen. Before I could wonder what they were up to, or who there were, they disappeared. I wan't sure if they were coming or going..."

Remeku looked at everyone with her devil eye, now very suspicious of everyone in the room. She angrily pointed at everyone trying to make a statement. "Listen, I may have wanted to have a cookie but ounce I relised they were for everyone else, I respectfully stopped! When I get my hands on the person who did this, I will never let them forget what they have done!" Remeku yelled at all of the people in the dinning hall and then dashed off to the kitchen to investigate with Alfons and Sojiro.
*coughs awkwardly*

Happy Maria

"R-right." Rutake nodded when the others finished speaking. "Shall we go now, Mr. Lau?" He beckoned to Bud.

KamiPanda wrote:
When Sojiro began shouting, Sakura was likewise intimidated, becoming paralysed in her seat. It was only after Jay led the danger away that she began to calm down a little, taking a sip of her drink to calm her nerves. She was grateful for Sayako's presence when she returned to investigate the dining hall, and got up to join her and offer moral support. "I'll be your Watson, Matchy!" She said, relieved to see that Sojiro was investigating elsewhere.

Sayako blinked a couple times, then stifled a giggle. "Watson, hmm? So would that make me Holmes?" A goofy smile crossed her lips as she paused to imagine the metaphor, finally shaking her head. "Mm, I'm not sure if that role really suits me; besides, we have Arthur here, who's a mystery novelist. He seems much more the Holmes type. But, er, that would make me Watson in that case, so... Did Watson have a Watson?" She blushed suddenly. "S-sorry, I don't even know what I'm talking about now. Please just forget about my rambling, alright? And, er, thank you, Sakura... Your support means the world to me," she added softly.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Sayako blinked a couple times, then stifled a giggle. "Watson, hmm? So would that make me Holmes?" A goofy smile crossed her lips as she paused to imagine the metaphor, finally shaking her head. "Mm, I'm not sure if that role really suits me; besides, we have Arthur here, who's a mystery novelist. He seems much more the Holmes type. But, er, that would make me Watson in that case, so... Did Watson have a Watson?" She blushed suddenly. "S-sorry, I don't even know what I'm talking about now. Please just forget about my rambling, alright? And, er, thank you, Sakura... Your support means the world to me," she added softly.

Glancing Sayako's way, Arthur ran his hand through his hair. He was embarrassed and clearly not expecting praise. "You'll have to trust that I'm not that clever-- at least when I'm not doing the actual writing. Anyway, I'm clearly not suited to be Holmes for this case, because I haven't said anything needlessly cryptic, and I certainly haven't solved this 'crime' yet." he said, trying not to stumble on his words.

"And... er... as far as I know, Conan Doyle was happy to have Watson just sort of... study anatomy and surgery when he wasn't with Holmes, so he didn't have much of a sidekick himself."

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

» E V E N T . P R O C E E D »
Chapter 1 - The Great (Little) Cookie Caper // Trial Phase

All the volunteers eventually gathered in the dining hall, having seemed to have completed their investigations.

“Hm...now how to proceed…” Jay mused, pondering his next course of action, “Okay, how about we all gather around a table and talk abo-”

“We have a place for this,” Jeremy declared, interrupting his brother, “An official...how to put it, judgement grounds.”

“A-A place!?” Jay shouted, suddenly looking worried, “Y-You don’t mean…”

“It is required of every Hope’s Peak branch to provide some instance of a field for this sort of discussion,” Jeremy explained, “However, this one integrates many experimental features which I hope you will find both useful and impressive.”

“B-But I don’t wanna have to distrust my friends! Not a-anymore…!” Jay protested, clinging to his brother’s arm, eyes closed tightly.

“J-Jay, it is not wrong to doubt others. Genuine hope can only spring from facing and enduring sometimes harsh truths. For now, we know it is a reality that someone stole the cookies you baked,” Jeremy lectured, concluding with, “Now, let us begin the procedure. Please follow me.”

Jay, still grasping Jeremy’s arm, is led, followed by everyone who wishes to, to the elevator in the main hall.

“Now, will the volunteers and Jay please enter the elevator?” Jeremy requested, “Anyone else who can fit may then enter. The rest can be picked up on the next trip.”

Everyone who can oblige does so. Jeremy is the last one on, propping himself against the door so it does not close.

“Now, in order to access the trial grounds, press the buttons for floors 1 and 2 simultaneously and hold them for three seconds. A chime will indicate success and the elevator shall begin descending.” Jeremy entered and allowed the door to shut.

Jay did as he was told, holding the buttons until a lively *Ding!* sounded. 30 seconds of wordless descent later, the elevator doors open to reveal a large, cylindrical space with 16 circular podium/plinth-like constructs in the middle arranged in a circle facing each other. Around the perimeter of the room is a couple rows of seats meant to be an area for spectators to sit and observe the proceedings. There is also a couple chairs on the ground, decorated much more elegantly than the rest. An arm of each chair has a few buttons on it.

Jay, after being instructed to sit in the middle chair at ground level, pressed one of the buttons on the small control panel. A screen folded out in front of him and his chair rose a couple meters (several feet) in the air, to just above the height of the spectator stands. The volunteers were then told to pick whichever podiums they wanted and everyone else to make their way into the spectator stands.

After everyone was in place, Jay tapped a button labeled “Initialize” and the lighting in the room suddenly changed, highlighting the center of the space where all the podiums were. The occupied ones began to move in towards the center while a curved gate slid shut around the back of each podium, effectively locking each participant inside. The unoccupied podiums, meanwhile, spun around the outside and helpfully moved out of the way into an alcove beneath the spectator stands.

“W-Wow, it’s so high-tech! But...isn’t it a bit excessive?” Jay commented, beginning to explore the menus to check out all the features and fiddle with the lighting.

“Jay, the trial,” Jeremy reminded, having taken the seat next to Jay with its own screen, which Jeremy had set to a ‘notes’ page.

Jay tapped a button and began typing. Suddenly, a gigantic screen behind the elegant chairs, which somehow went unnoticed before now, illuminated and displayed the words TOPIC: INVESTIGATION RESULTS.

“O-Oh right. Most of you probably skipped to the end of this explanation anyway,” Jay remarked with a snicker, “So in between messing with your colored lighting and movement controls, please discuss your investigation results!”

You have until roughly 10 AM EST on Thursday, January 18th, 2018 to solve the case.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Bud spoke up: "I investigated the storage with Mr. Rutabaga over there. We found nothing. One roll of tape was missing. Nothing else. Tch, shoulda checked somewhere else."

Last edited by Lone on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sleeping is my life.

Sojiro nodded after Jay asked everyone to talk about their investigation results. He then takes his red flip cellphone out and reviewed his notes to make sure what he was going to say wasn't wrong.

"Right... Lata-san, Eniarrson-san and I investiaged the crime scene, which is the kitchen. As for what we found in there..." Sojiro said as he goes over his notes, before he continues to speak.

"In the fridge, there was a carton of milk missing.
Eniarrson-san found a crumpled ball of parchment sheet, which got crumbles and chocolate residue on it.
In the drawers, I discovered that there was a spatula missing from its place. In addition to that, there was something else missing as well; a large plastic bag.
Lata-san found a bottle. She think it looks familiar to her, but I get a feeling that it might take some time before she recognize what the bottle is.

And that's our investigation results of the crime scene."

He then recorded the information that Bud provided regarding the investigation of the storage rooms.

"The middle-aged man is correct! I indeed found some parchment paper, and had the genius deduction that the cookies were baked on this very sheet!"

Alfons looked satisfied with himself, nodding and smiling.

Happy Maria

Rutake looked at Bud nervously. "E-Er, it's Rutake, sir. B-but why didn't you…?" He stuttered before regaining his composure. "W-well, yes, I shall corroborate what he is saying. The only thing missing was that roll of tape. B-but that's all I have to say, sorry."

"Your alibi!" Bud pointed at Rutake. "You haven't told us your alibi bukate!"

Happy Maria

"E-eh?!" Rutake seemed caught off guard by this. "I-it isn't anything at all. B-besides, everyone else has seen me, right?"

Sleeping is my life.

"I have a name, Eniarrson-san!" Sojiro snapped at Alfons. "Sojiro Arakida. Don't forget that."

Letting out a sign, he then focused his attention on both Bud and Rutake. "Actually, I have a question to ask the both of you, Lau-san and Rikoda-san... Are you sure that the missing roll of tape was the only thing you noticed? Nothing else?"

Happy Maria

Rutake looked away. "N-no…nothing else that was relevant to the case at least. M-maybe that's why he didn't mention it…"

"200% sure. I checked one half, Bukake the other. I checked his later cause he likes to mess up. Nothing. Tape was all missing."

He turns to Rutake.

"Okay dude, you just sat around and fantasized about Janice. Or did nothing all evening. We're rolling with that."

Sleeping is my life.

"Huh... That's strange." Sojiro said as he reviewed the notes on his phone. "Ranpo-san testified that he went to the storage to uses aloe to treat the burn on his finger. I'd imagine that there would be a bottle of aloe that was recently used. But I find it strange that you didn't find anything like that."

Happy Maria

Rutake shook his head. "No, no, nothing like that. Well…at this point I suppose I have no choice. Otherwise everyone will think I did it." He sighed.

"Very well. Today afternoon, Mr. Arakida and Mr. Slezak came to get me. We went to the meeting spot, where Ms. Lata was waiting. We all went to the dining hall and then back to the kitchen, and started to bring out the appetisers. You already know of the incident where Ms. Lata tried to take the cookies, but I have nothing to add on that part. It was simply unamusing. Anyway, me and Ms. Lata helped put away the leftovers while Mr. Arakida took the trash. I never saw anything suspicious during the entire dinner, however. And…that is all. Are you satisfied?"

After Sojiro spoke up, Rutake seemed confused. "No…we didn't. Mr. Ranpo, do you still have that with you? Or did someone else take it? And…I still don't understand what you did, Mr. Lau. I don't even remember you searching my half."

Arthur looked around uncertainly. "This seems a bit... draconian for a cookie thief. Is all this necessary?" he asked, looking around the trial ground. "I mean, do we even know what happened to the cookies?"

"Er... well, when in Rome, I suppose." Arthur said, unconvinced. "Anyway, Sayako and I searched the dining room, and we did a very thorough investigation. Sayako even produced a very helpful seating chart, that we used to systematically search every table. We came upon a spatula that had been taped underneath the table, as well as a discarded napkin with something... green on it? I'm not really sure what it was."

"As for the aloe bottle-- I mean it isn't as if I took it with me. I just needed a little bit for my finger-- I left it in the storage room. As far as I know, it should still be there unless someone else moved it." Arthur shrugged. "Do you think it's relevant?"
Page 8 of 19 [ 755 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay