Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 4[ 130 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Danganronpa F3 Signup Thread (Signups closed-- Subs?)Topic%20Title

EDIT: The player roster is posted at the bottom of this thread. If, for any reason, you've been selected as a player but doubt that you can participate (due to changing circumstances) please get in touch with myself or JesusMonroe as soon as you can.

Ahoy! Welcome to the Sign-up Thread for Danganronpa F3!

Spoiler: DRF3

The Danganronpa F series are a series of forum RPs that are based on the Danganronpa series. You need not have played any games in the Danganronpa series to get the most out of this game, you need only roleplay as best you can and participate in the class trials as best you can. DRF3 will begin March 1st.

Spoiler: The Format
The format of this game will largely occur over 5 chapters, with each chapter taking place over one real-life week. This timeline is approximate, and may be changed with little notice, as in-game needs are taken into account. The game will begin with the players acting as students, and myself and JesusMonroe acting as Game Master.

Each chapter will be broken up into two separate phases: Daily Life and the Class Trial.

Daily Life will consist of essentially free roleplaying between each of the remaining students. During this time, a new location will be revealed for the students to explore, and get familiar with. I will introduce any places and items of interest available to the students.

During this time, you are free to do one or both of two things: you may elect to spend time one-on-one with another student. This is called a Free Time Event (FTE), or you may plan to murder one of your fellow classmates using the environment and any tools available to you.

The planned allotted time for Daily Life will be roughly four days.

Once the dead body of a classmate (or classmates) is discovered, Daily Life will end, and the Class Trial will begin.

During the class trial, the circumstances surrounding the body and its discovery will be explained publicly. Privately, I will give each surviving player their alibi and the results of their investigations regarding the murder. Then, the Class Trial proper will occur.

During the Class Trial, the innocent students will try to ferret out the blackened to the best of their ability. The blackened is the person responsible for the murder. If the majority of students successfully vote for the blackened, then the blackened is executed. If this does not occur in the allotted time, then the blackened may escape, and a random innocent student will be executed in their place.

After the trial is concluded, some time will pass, and the next chapter will begin again.

The planned allotted time for the Class Trial will be 4 days.

Spoiler: The Rules
The in-universe rules will be made clear once the games begin. These rules are an attempt to make the RP as successful as it can be.
1. Be considerate roleplayers-- do cool stuff that will facilitate others being able to do cool stuff too. Don’t be a jerk.
2. If you plan on godmodding someone else’s character, make sure they’re cool with it in advance. Otherwise, just don’t do it.

So, you may be asking yourself what you need to do to sign up. The process is slightly more involved than it has been in the past, but will contain familiar questions as well. Follow the link here to sign up! Also, please keep in mind that signups for this game isn't first-come, first-served.

The survey is pretty lengthy but not all of it has to be filled in. You do not need to fill it out immediately if you don’t have the time. All you need to do is comment in the thread that you’re interested and intend to fill it out and we’ll wait for you. After some amount of time (which will be posted in this thread), we won’t take any more people, but you can still fill out the survey after that time period if you commented in the thread by that time.

Here’s a preview of the survey if you can’t fill it in now but want an idea, required questions are filled in.

Something to keep in mind is that while you can fill the survey with as many details and ideas as you want, it doesn’t mean any of it will happen. We’ll try our best but we won’t guarantee anything. The main purpose is so we’re informed on what you want. Just because you want to be the Ultimate Peacemaker doesn’t mean you can’t be a killer ever.

Extreme example, but the main idea is that whatever we do to your character will be for the good of the story, will make sense for the character, and ideally make you happy with it too, hopefully surprising you as well. But giving everybody exactly what they want is just a recipe for disaster and won’t work in practice.

What we’ll emphasize is that we are not choosing based on the level of detail you put into survey. We understand the impression of your character from a description could differ in the execution. Don’t feel like you need to fill out the whole survey because you really don’t. Some of this game will be pre-planned to an extent, but flexible characters who can fit into a lot of roles are necessary too.

And two final RP tips:
-Roleplaying is basically like improv, and the worst thing you can do in improv is say no
-Always think about what’s good for the game first. It’s understandable you’ll have preference towards your character but how the game holds up in the future largely depends on how much each cast member contributes to it. You might really want your character to survive but ask yourself if that’s really what’s best for the game itself

Spoiler: FAQ
Q: What if I can’t do the player survey right away? Will I still be able to play?
A: Yes! Just post your interest in this thread, and we’ll be happy to let you sign up in your own time.

Q: What happens if more than 16 people sign up?
A: If this looks likely, we’ll edit this post to better explain our selection process. For now, please be aware that there will be slots reserved for returning players as well as slots reserved for new players.

Q: What does "justifiably hates your character" mean?
A: This should be an event or relationship that means something to your character. By "justifiable", we mean that it should be something that, if explained to a third party, that third party should come away thinking, "Oh, well I can totally see why they hate you".

Q: Now that more than 16 people have signed up, how are you going to decide who is a player and who is an alternate?
A: We don't have an exact formula, but broadly speaking, we're selecting characters we think will make the best story and fit in the best with the setting. However, JM and I are selecting characters based on a few more specific criteria: First off, as getting new players will be important to the long-term health of this series of RPs, we'll be biasing our choices towards those who haven't played before. Secondly, in service to constructing the best story, we're showing deference to those who, in the past, have acted out compelling scenarios in the main thread, and those who have been most active in the main thread. Finally, we'd like to reiterate that if you're chosen as an alternate, that doesn't mean that we don't think that you're a good RPer, or that we don't like you personally. We simply had to choose from the numerous good entries that have signed up. We're sorry to those who don't get to play in this game.

Spoiler: The Cast
I'd like to thank everyone who has applied and recognize the effort and care that went into everyone's submission. While I'm pleased with every entry and found something to like about every one of the submitted characters, we had to shave this list to 16 characters that would work best with the kind of story JM and I want to tell. I'd just like to reiterate that this list does not represent how well I think you RP, or indeed how much I like you as a person. The fact is that the game only has room for 16 players and while I am pleased with the cast we've put together, I am also sorry that I couldn't accept everyone. However, the story is still taking shape and we may be able to end up having those cut still get a role in the story, if the interest is there. So don’t fret as you may get to participate in some capacity.

Without further ado, here's the cast in no particular order. If you'd like to be moved from a player to an alternate, or wish not to be an alternate, please let either JM or I know.

1. Lone
2. KamiPanda
3. Kachu
4. Jirou
5. Nanjo
6. Franzise Deauxnim
7. Sad_Yoshi
8. Planetbox
9. Datamatt
10. Icarus
11. Salem
12. Southern Corn
13. SiRReN
14. TheLetterF
15. Vinny_Valens
16. CaptainPancakes

Alternates/Subs: Collin1002, Slezak, MC_Kitten, Blinky

With this, I hope we’ll have a successful experience for everyone! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask them below, and don’t forget to express your interest! If you’re not sure, don’t be afraid to roll the dice!

Spoiler: DRF3

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
Re: Danganronpa F3 Signup ThreadTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

In.

(You double posted this btw Mecha)

Hell yeah, I'm in.

Sock

Hello yes please I am in.
Posting in two threads just to make sure.

Equipped with Game

I'm down

Just submitted my answers. Good luck. I can't wait to get back into this.

i will make sure to fill out that survey 1 day before the game starts kappa

Count me in, I will fill out the survey soon! I am very excited for this!

Southern Corn wrote:
In.

(You double posted this btw Mecha)

You are correct, unfortunately-- I've edited the other post to point to here, until such time as the admins get to a point where they can delete it.

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
kappa

I miss him still :larry:

Anyway, I think I accidentally erased everything I've written so far, but I am filling in my form as I speak.

I'd also like to add that this time, I have a very clear idea of what my character will be like, down to a T. So don't be too surprised at the level of detail, Mecha :p

fella

Well, I'm in. Should I be accepted, I swear that I'll be active this time around, and, you know, have an actual character.

Happy Maria

Alright, finally. I've filled out the survey and all. It's a little bit complex and different, but contact me through PMs should you have any doubts, Mecha.

Any reason for the over one month long break between the sign up thread and the game this time though?

Edit: Saw the preview surveyor image thing and oh my god

Quote:
Name: Jack

This is most definitely accidental but with the kappa thing as well I think I'm going crazy

hi

Just submitted my character. I'm really excited for this!

In.

not a tree

Hey, I'm gonna sign up, yeah?

Shy guy

_ _

[Right: ]
[Wrong: O, U, T]

Happy Maria

I!

Southern Corn wrote:
Any reason for the over one month long break between the sign up thread and the game this time though?

There's going to be a good amount of preplanning

Realistically we can't plan who will live and die after Chapter 1 since there could be inactives/people needing to opt out/etc. But we can still get ideas

Ganbatte minna~

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Oh, alright. So does that mean there's a first victim already planned?

Also, another minor question, what's up with the two different logos? Is there any reason why there's two, but each coloured slightly differently? Because I've been trying to figure that out for a while now and it's driving me mad.

There’s a first victim planned but you can still signup for that role if you really want it for some reason

Can I get a boneless-

In btw

Happy Maria

Vinny_Valens wrote:
Can I get a boneless

ok

Oh one more thing we’d like to add:

How good you are at class trials won’t matter. How much effort you out into them will

ASCEND

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."
I believe this RP group cannot endure, permanently half edgelord and half weeb.
I do not expect the group to be dissolved -- I do not expect the house to fall -- but I do expect it will cease to be divided.
It will become all one thing or all the other.

EDIT: Oh crap, what the heck is THAT and why was it in my clipboard! That's not what I wanted to paste at all! I had this whole interest post planned and it was like eight paragraphs long and really deep and meaningful, but now it's gone!!

Ugh, this is so embarrassing. What do I do now?!

Uhh... UHHH...

/interested
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

No other way than to make this mistake.

I'm in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0edD_Gsw8

Happy Maria

Sweet, already the first 16 are in. I have to say, these games really draw in the crowd. Really makes me envious, too.

Though I'm also interested in what Mecha meant by the extra slots and such.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Consider me interested!

Now to actually think of a character...
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Southern Corn wrote:
Sweet, already the first 16 are in. I have to say, these games really draw in the crowd. Really makes me envious, too.

Though I'm also interested in what Mecha meant by the extra slots and such.

From what I heard, since we have so many potential participants, and F2's got filled up in a matter of hours, they're gonna scout how many people are interested first. If it's more than 16, then they'll select people based on past (in)activity, the character they've submitted so far, plain rng, etc.

Me and Pancakes are guaranteed spots, so I've been working on my character over the past month because of it. Good luck to everyone else.

Happy Maria

Oh wow. Yeah, good luck to the rest of you guys XD It sounds pretty hefty to do, but hopefully I'll make it judging by my high activity and character :p

ASCEND

Lone wrote:
Me and Pancakes are guaranteed spots, so I've been working on my character over the past month because of it. Good luck to everyone else.

Bro, I've been working on my character for literally five months even though Arthur and JM are probably gonna kick me out for being annoying. Get on my LEVEL.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

I've been working on my character ever since the Stone Age. GET ON MY LEVEL KIDZ

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Ever since this humble universe began, I have been working on my character. For it is those events which occurred in just the right sequence to make me, and everyone else, the entities they are today.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

[put something witty here]

I'm interested, will fill out the survey asap

Hey-- I've edited the FAQ to better explain the question that reads "Someone in the world justifiably hates your character. Why?" for clarity's sake.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

I accept the request of this! Thy shall fill the survey soon! (Ounce I figure out hoooow) ^w^
*coughs awkwardly*

Happy Maria

Oh geez, looks like we've got our youngest participant yet in one of these XD Like I said, I'm seriously envious of how much attention this stuff attracts. It's actually kind of crazy, lol.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

hay, I may be young but I'm am still the godess of Role play! Moohhaahahaha!
*coughs awkwardly*

Happy Maria

Will you also be the goddess of killing? :0

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

thats something you find out on your own, my friend. >:)
*coughs awkwardly*
Page 1 of 4 [ 130 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus