Board index » General » Press Conference

Page 4 of 5[ 192 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Gyakuten Saiban LibraryTopic%20Title

Damn, that is quite the alternate final case. Would have been cool to get backstory for De Killer though (although I guess it would've been Misty Fey backstory in this case.)
Signature loading, please wait...

迷探偵

Once again a minor, monthly update until I find something more interesting to translate: a blog by producer Eshiro for the GK2 blog about his "fights" with director Yamazaki, especially in regards to the design of the character Mikagami.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Happy Maria

So Cowgirl Mikagami and Calisto-Ema were the choices? Yikes.

迷探偵

Extremely minor monthly update is extremely minor, mentioning a few of Takumi's headcanons for Phoenix.

And I see I forgot to post about in this topic, but last month, I translated a report on Takumi's presentation on how he writes his mystery plots for the AA games.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Finally, Phoenix's brick phone is explained!

Him being an actor could have been interesting though. He has a good name for one, anyway. He'd also be good at ad-libbing things as well.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash, you might need to reformat those url tags. But thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Takumi: I think he’s just the type who’ll go straight for it once he’s convinced of something. Like the type of persons he falls for (laugh(.

Whoa-ho... Is this ship confirmed...?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Happy Maria

Dang, so much for that being non-canon.

迷探偵

Did another of those long interviews from 15th Anniversary Gyakuten Saiban Series Encyclopedia 2001-2016, this time the one with Yamazaki and Fuse on Ace Attorney 5 and 6. Interesting stuff!

Happy Maria

...Is Athena that popular with the fans?

Also the AAI style is not at all subdued XD

Also wow "Just to make sure: this series doesn’t have a lot of good fathers" they killed off Dhurke, Yamazaki team is ultimate troll.

迷探偵

I'm still, barely, updating at least once per month! Barely!

Today/this month's update is the first of a six-part column by Takumi written around the release of DGS1. This time, he talks about a certain children's book series that had a lot of influence on him as a writer.

迷探偵

Was planning to do more of this series in the month of August actually, but it took me until today to actually work on another of these colums: this time about Takumi's personal history with videogames.

Mystery House! Of course Takumi played that, it was only the coolest mystery adventure of its time. Paved a whole generation of mystery adventure gamers. Poor young Takumi, though.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

You're alive!

I really should get working on the in-depth NinDream articles of DGS2 and AA6 this month. Not promising anything, but at least they're on the to-do list!

迷探偵

I'm still alive!

In the first column (of three) about the upcoming multi-platform Ace Attorney Trilogy release, director Kodama talks about HD-ing the graphics.

迷探偵

Also added a list of directors to the site to accompany to the other pages on the writers, artists and producers (I also did a sneak update on the producer page to include the producer of the Wiiware titles).

迷探偵

The other columns about the Trilogy aren't really interested in terms of learning about how these games were made, so skipping them.

But today, I did post a translation of the Nintendo Dream WEB interview with Takumi and Iwamoto about the development of the original games, where you learn about for example that one scene at the end of AA2 with Franziska.

Happy Maria

Quote:
Iwamoto: Me too. I swung by three retailers and bought a copy from all three of them.

Top 10 Geniuses

Interview was pretty interesting and funny. Nice to read about the limitations they had to deal with and the 3D courtroom. Funny how Franziska’s crying animation turned out so well anyway. Good stuff.

Uh, HOLD IT. There are lyrics to Godot's theme? And they showed it off at one of the recent orchestra concerts?? Where do I get footage?

迷探偵

The lyrics were written for the Special Court 2018 (they joked about it in the earlier orchestra, prompting Takumi to write them). The SC itself can be found on the DVD included in I think the "Complete Edition' of the trilogy sold from e-Capcom. Or one of those other sets. They have too many.

迷探偵

I still update! Sometimes! Today's update: Translation of 4Gamer's report on the talk event on game music that featured Ace Attorney's Takumi and composers Sugimori and Iwadare, as well as the director and composers of Kamaitachi no Yoru

You're alive! And so am I, apparently. Thanks again for your hard work. I've missed stopping by the forums specifically to catch up on this news that isn't covered in Trial Minutes. Also I've missed hearing about Sugimori. When was the last time he'd ever shown in person for an interview anyway? Been a while since I've heard anything on Banshee's Last Cry either, cool.

迷探偵

I'm alive! Just really bad at doing regular updates on GS Library (and I guess the forum's in its usual winter sleep state until there's something new, though I still lurk).

I don't think I've ever seen Sugimori at such events/interviews. Heck, the first sheet in the presentation doesn't feature his own picture, but an avatar, and I can't even remember now if I ever saw his face before this event.

迷探偵

Only three updates last year... let's see if I can at least do as many this year.

Today's update: an indepth interview with the dev staff on DGS2-1 (minor spoilers). They talk about how the story was made, how the characters featured in this episode were designed and about the changes made along.

Happy Maria

Fun read, Ash! Really interesting titbits in there, I like the Haori segment especially.

迷探偵

Added the interviews on episode 2 and episode 3 of Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 too. Minor spoilers for the respective episodes.

Happy Maria

Good stuff, loved reading the parts about the pun names especially, poor Takumi.

迷探偵

Added the first part of the Nintendo Dream's long feature on DGS2, which means it's now complete on GS Library. Lots of info on how the project got started (it wasn't easy) and while it had been hinted at in other interviews, this is the first time I've seen Takumi explicitly say it was all supposed to be one single game, but that he messed up, came up with far too much story ideas and that that's the reason DGS had so many unsolved plotlines. Eshiro's explanation at the end seems to suggest they only got approval on making DGS2 if they made absolutely sure everything was resolved in DGS2.

迷探偵

Okay, all the updates to Gyakuten Saiban Library have at least been very lengthy...

Added an interview where Yamazaki basically does a Lets Play of the first half of 6-2 with the people of Nintendo Dream.

Happy Maria

Quote:
Interviewer: I guess all heroines in this series must become a defendant at one point or another.

Yamazaki: Definitely. Well, Mayoi may be overdoing it though (Laugh).

Heck of an understatement, Yamazaki.

RIP to Gumshoe as well. Relieving to know that Phoenix doesn't actually live in his office though. Thanks again for the interview, Ash!

Neat, thanks for translating these!

Now that I think about it, we rarely see Trucy in other outfits compared to the rest of the main cast (there's only her Alice dress and yukata), so I hope she's drawn in her school uniform someday? And LOL @ Fuse deciding to make the normal handsome guy a victim. I thought he looked strangley beautiful next to the rest of the characters...

I'm really happy they brought Ema back, though I don't see why Gumshoe still being an active detective would be an issue (but I know they had another issue with not knowing what his personality would be like in the future). Wasn't Detective Badd even older when he was working in the Investigations flashback episode?

"Akane is a fan of Mitsurugi (Miles Edgeworth) and wouldn’t so easily accept other prosecutors (Laugh)" I'm glad, Ema being an Edgeworth fanboy is my favorite thing.

迷探偵

Glad you liked it! Added the follow-up 6-3 article with Yamazaki today.

Happy Maria

Quote:
Interviewer: And now Mayoi gets arrested again. Had this been decided on from the start?

Yamazaki: Yes, that was all set in stone. Having to save Mayoi just makes the story more exciting, doesn’t it?

lol

Also small typo spotted, Ash:

Quote:
Yamazaki: It took us so long to finally arrive at that joke of her holding the abbot’s photograph. She’s a window, so she had to be grieving and we couldn’t go too far.

Anyway, good read again! I like seeing Yamazaki knowing that the fans'll be focused on the stepladder convo. RIP Klavier though.

迷探偵

Thanks, changed it!

迷探偵

A minor, but interesting update today: I have some excerpts from the game proposal of "Surviban", the game which would eventually become the first Ace Attorney on the GBA. You may have seen some of the old character designs for the attorney, assistant, mentor, prosecutor and police detective before, but this article also contains their original names and background stories, as well as three other pages from the proposal.

Happy Maria

Nice read! Fun seeing some of the prototypes and how the game was planned to be more cinematic, how Phoenix originally had a hamster and how the Gumshoe/Mia designs basically swapped.

迷探偵

Hamsters were some kind of running gag with the team. In the early blog articles for the first game, Takumi also wrote about a team member who proposed hamsters for everything, from title to game content...

迷探偵

Huh, I just noticed it's been exactly four years since Gyakuten Saiban Library opened. Updates have been very slow lately of course, partially because a lot has already been done and there's relatively little left of the list that I find essential (and I don't like doing interviews that basically say the same), aaaaaand partially because it's always been 'whenever I feel like it' project, so updates kinda come in irregular waves. But for what it's worth, I consider GS Library still a running project. I hope people here have found the material on the site useful and/or interesting.

Most of the major updates occured in the first two years, so the articles I found most interesting myself the last three years were:
- The article about Surviban, the Gyakuten Saiban prototype
- The report on the seminar by Takumi about how he writes his stories/comes up with his mystery plots
- The long interview on DGS2 and how they finally got the project rolling (also the follow-up articles where they discuss the first three episodes indepth)
- A rare appearance of AA1's composer Sugimori where he talks about the music
- My secret update of the list with character designers to include the two lesser known secondary character designers for AA4

迷探偵

Minor updates today: a short blog post by AA4 composer Horiyama, and one by AA4 sound effects designer Sando on their work for that game.

迷探偵

A new type of article on Gyakuten Saiban Library: transcripts! There were three "Secret Footage" videos posted on the original Japanese website for AA4 (the original DS) version which are gone now they've renewed the website for the 3DS version, but they are pretty interesting: they tell the tale of how the core team of Endo, Matsukawa, Takumi, Nuri and Yamazaki first decided on how the new main playable character should look like and how chaotic the first few weeks were (the official announcement of the game happened on October 11 2005: the first video is dated October and they had nothing at that time). There are transcriptions (and screenshots) for all three videos now on Gyakuten Saiban Library. Interesting stuff if you're into learning about the prototype sketches for Apollo.

First video transcript, second video and third video.

迷探偵

Probably final update to GS Library for the year: Mystery Magazine had an Ace Attorney special in 2012 where they had featured articles on the games and interviews with both Takumi and Yamazaki, and unlike most interviews, these were of course interviews that focused on mystery fiction as a theme. Today's update is of the Yamazaki interview, where he talks about the mystery fiction he likes, how he started out in Capcom and eventually got to create Ace Attorney Investigations and about ideas for other mystery games he'd like to make, which is interesting now as he left Capcom earlier this year.
Page 4 of 5 [ 192 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General » Press Conference