Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 39 posts ]

New Series of the Ace Attorney Anime Announced!Topic%20Title

is a five star man.

Looks like a new season of the Ace Attorney anime has been announced - details are slim at the moment, but from the poster it looks like the season will focus, at least in part, on Trials and Tribulations. The show will once again be produced by A-1 Pictures and will release in the fall. Takumi will be taking a consultant writing role on this series as he did with the first series.

The announcement for the second series also notes that the game series has sold over 6.7 million copies as of December 31st!

http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/

Remember to vote in the CR Original Character Creation Contest! Voting ends Saturday, and you can find the links to vote here!
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.
Re: New Series of the Ace Attorney Anime Announced!Topic%20Title

Even the promotional image looks shit, god bless.
Image Image Image Image

Nerd Processor

Well this came out of nowhere...

Omg yes!!! Hope Crunchyroll stream it again.
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

The Law 'Shark'

Ya know what?

I legit dont care how 'bad' the production was, I enjoyed the first season just fine. This is something I wanted, and I'm glad that at least there'll be a fully animated T&T arc in existance - sure, it's not going to be the absolute gods gift to animated series, but it'll scratch the itch well enough nonetheless...so I ain't gonna bag on it.

I'm down. :phoenix:
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

The miracle never happen

This is gonna suck big time, whoever thought this was a good idea after the travesty of season 1 needs to reconsider. Unless the format gets changed to longer episodes, there's no way to salvage the structure. And on top of that, the animation looks like it's just as trash as what we got in 2015. I honestly cannot see this being a huge improvement, it's probably just gonna ruin my favorite AA game.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

元・超会社員級の管理人

Y'all need to lighten up, lol

Even though the first season had it's issues, I enjoyed what I watched. Also, this is the first major adaptation of AA3, isn't it? AA2's gotten some partial adaptations (mostly 2-4) but AA3 is largely untouched. This should be interesting to see.

The real question: are they stretching AA3 across two cours, doing a one cour run, or doing AA4 or new stuff as the back half of the season?
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

What's a Court Records?

Bolt Storm wrote:
Y'all need to lighten up, lol

Even though the first season had it's issues, I enjoyed what I watched. Also, this is the first major adaptation of AA3, isn't it? AA2's gotten some partial adaptations (mostly 2-4) but AA3 is largely untouched. This should be interesting to see.

The real question: are they stretching AA3 across two cours, doing a one cour run, or doing AA4 or new stuff as the back half of the season?

I enjoyed it too.

I've also been a bit curious as to about how they'd handle another season. I'd be fine if it was just AA3 or it included the 2019 AA4 stuff. But honestly, I kinda wish the anime series would have cases that weren't in the games.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

The cape is self-fluttering

It's about time.

And despite the flaws of the first two seasons, I had a lot of fun watching. I'm also glad Ace Attorney is still very much relevant in 2018 (as it should be, damnit! :moe-laugh: ).
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Let it go, and move on

I don't care that the first season was bad. I love the games so much, i was glad to get anything. And JFA wasn't half bad. I'd rather get this than nothing at all.

So, Trials of Tribulations has five cases, right? They can't just cut out the first case like they did with JFA because it's plot relevant. The only case that they could maybe get away with cutting out is recipe for turnabout (the stolen turnabout is my jam) but I'd like to see furio tigre animated, personally. So if the anime is one cour itll be rushed like the first season. I just don't really know whether they can stretch it over two? Maybe a few episodes set in the seven year gap between trials and tribulations and AJ could be the final few episodes, because I don't think having AJ and trials and tribulations in the same season would be a great idea (as much as I love AJ) because of how radically different is (and of course it would be rushed as hell)

Still, gives me something to look forward to! Trials and Tribulations is my favourite game in the series so I hope they don't mess this one up!

(Ready for an opening featuring loads of Edgeworth even though he only appears in the final case again)

Gotta agree with Bolt, the first season might have been kind of bad but an AA anime is an AA anime. And this one might actually be two cours for one game, it would be odd to have something a game with a mostly different cast a part of the same series so I doubt this will include AJ. Maybe some original cases instead, which is good too.
Signature loading, please wait...

i feel pretty

Don't let them do this.

I can't bear to let them ruin T&T.

A-1 Pictures must be stopped at all costs.

Literally. Eradicate them from the face of the earth. They are the single worst anime studio currently active, even ignoring the travesty that was the first AA anime.

We must march on them.

We must take back our franchise.

We must do

what

we

must.

I'm just curious about how it's going to manage 3-5, given that Edgeworth's fear of earthquakes isn't a thing in the anime...

I'm really looking forward to it, though! I really enjoyed the first series (even if it looked... bad), and I managed to get a few people I know into AA through it.
I'm confident in my hairstyle today.

Passerby

I'm honestly excited for this new season! I know the animation quality in the previous two wasn't the best and important stuff was skipped, but I feel like the anime is being made for fans, while trying to make new people play the games too.

Besides, we're one step ahead for a AA4 adaptation! Call me a dreamer, but I hope we'd get to see a glimpse of Phoenix's future in the end (kind of like... Ending in him mentioning the upcoming trial of Zack or something).

A New Chapter of Trials!

I swear, from the way some of you are acting you would think the anime is going to erase the games it adapts from existence. I don’t think the anime is particularly good myself, but it was fun enough and I wouldn’t mind another season!
Eureka!

ZAWA ZAWA

While I'm not looking forward to it, I'll watch it. But I think I'm going to wait for the dub on this one, oddly enough. I think every person in the Japanese cast, sans Mia, was badly miscast, and I actually like the dub better. The most I hope for is that the production values are a tiny bit better, and that the pacing is better. Which it should be hopefully, as it's only adapting one game instead of two.

Avid yet slow working writer

Truth be told, I think it is probable that this series will be really good, especially since (from the looks of it, it'll be focused primarily on Trials and Tribulations)

Hopefully, it'll be like Sailor Moon Crystal: Bad at first, but gets much better.

I don't care how bad people think it is. I still enjoyed the first season for the most part. I have really been looking forward to a second season.

Beautiful flower

i thought at this point ppl already know to lower their expectations... :yogi: i would argue the anime adds some nice things, like the Nick/Edgey/Larry childhood ep (ft. alive Gregory!!), in addition to adapting the main cases. My mindset with the anime is anything good we appreciate, anything bad we make memes of it :redd:

But anyway, I'm so happy we'are still getting AA content in 2018! It will tide me over until next aa game.
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

First season had awful animation that held the show back, because every other thing I enjoyed, from the voice actores to the music, to the dialogue and humor. It all felt very Ace Attorney-like, as it should. I enjoyed it and I don't regret watching all of it at all. I actually had a great time watching it, I only wish the animation hadn't been fucking disastrous.

I'm really happy this is getting made. My guess is a single cour, and I rather have it that way, 2-4 was stretched out as all hell.

Lind wrote:

Don't let them do this.

Literally. Eradicate them from the face of the earth. They are the single worst anime studio currently active, even ignoring the travesty that was the first AA anime.

We must march on them.

We must do

what

we

must.

The sad thing about this post is that you're either serious, or you tried so hard to be sarcastic it backfired, so whatever it is, it's honestly just a bit sad.

Happy Maria

zarazinia wrote:
I'm just curious about how it's going to manage 3-5, given that Edgeworth's fear of earthquakes isn't a thing in the anime...

"Oops, I tripped and suddenly Iris ran away"

In all seriousness…eh, this could be better, I guess. The main problem here is, like others have noticed, the animation still looks to be crap. But if they're solely focusing on T&T, this could actually work out better. They may just remove 3-3 or work in some terrible excuse for why Gumshoe wants the defendant acquitted but I don't really care. As long as they have only one game to focus on, the pacing may definitely improve from here on out.

So, my stance? Cautiously optimistic for now.

Programmer

I think they will treat the script with the same respect as last time. Which is little. Too many unneeded changes. They don't know how to deal with changes safely.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I see they improved how Phoenix used to look in the first season a little bit.

Image Image

But Maya and Godot look terrible already. This better not suck.

Ace Procrastinator

This isn't going to be as good as the game but let's see how it goes.

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

https://nintendowire.com/news/2016/04/0 ... ttorney-6/ You guys realize they animated the Spirit of Justice cutscenes. Those were good . They aren’t incapable of good animation. I bet it has something to do with budget/time.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

Happy Maria

The anime is entirely just cutscenes though, whereas in SoJ they were only sprinkled in. So obviously the anime will be worse animation wise in that regard, probably due to the constraints you already mentioned.

迷探偵

I don't think I have talked much about the anime here, but a few notes about the anime (and the industry in general):

A lot of people forget that Ace Attorney is a show that makes a lot of sense for its timeslot, and fitted within Capcom's goals. The first series aired prime-time (17:30 Saturday in a block followed by Detective Conan). This is one of the best timeslots for anime available in terms of being to able to reach viewership, period. It's even better than those of One Piece and Dragon Ball for example, which used to air early Sunday morning. Most other anime you'll likely to be watching are aired usually very late or after midnight.

These shows have very different income models. You often hear the 'animation is improved in the home video release so the fans buy them' story, which is especially true with late-night anime, which are geared towards very fanatic fans, with the money to spare to purchase the very expensive Japanese home video releases. A weekly show on a Saturday afternoon? Animation quality is of far lesser concern here: most people will only be watching it during the live broadcast, or perhaps later on the free video-on-demand service of the channel (which is usually only available for one week). Nobody really expects people to buy the home video releases here, as the intended audience are children/teenagers. Instead, the production committee (which consists of Capcom, YTV and A-1 Pictures) earns money with commercials, merchandise and tie-in marketing projects. Commercials are obvious: it's a prime-time slot. The opening and ending songs are also part of such marketing tie-ins, as for music labels it means wide exposure on TV. And of course, merchandise. Haven't you noticed how much phone straps, stickers, etc. have been released of the anime? The manga based on the anime is also part of that. These are products that can easily be bought by the intended audience, and are a good way to create a store presence.

One major goal of the anime for Capcom has always been to widen the appeal of the IP in general, especially in conjunction with the (then) upcoming release of Ace Attorney 6. Series producer Eshiro has stated that the average age of the AA gamer is growing old, so the anime was also intended to attract a new (younger) audience, which according to him it did. That is why the Saturday afternoon slot was so important to Capcom, but it also explains why the anime was the way it was. It was never going to be a high budget production. And the weekly schedule sure wasn't benificial to A-1 Pictures, which is always doing several productions a season (and TV anime episodes are usually produced fairly close to the broadcast date nowadays). But the time-slot was important, as it basically means a guaranteed spot in the Top 10 best watched anime every week (which the show did manage to do). I haven't checked the TV ratings lately for that slot, but Ace Attorney did considerably worse than the show before it (The Kindaichi Case Files R), and similarly to the show after it (Time Bokan 24), so I guess that YTV was satisfied enough with that. As for Capcom, for them the show obviously did what it was supposed to do, as Eshiro noted. It could be that this anime is also intended to help assist a future Ace Attorney game release.

Also important to remember is that anime, like TV dramas, are usually scheduled in cour (11~14 weeks), and unless you're something like Conan, you always have a specific number of episodes to work in, which explains many of the shortcuts taken by the anime's story in order to fit the number. Also, to be honest, Ace Attorney's mystery plots are very simple when poured into a passive experience. They work in the games because the player has to solve the puzzles to advance the story, so they can't be too hard, but it was obvious from the start that as a mystery show, it was a hard fight, because the same mystery plots don't really lend themselves well to a passive experience (in the same way how many novels don't lend themselves for a game-adaptation).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I wonder how they're going to adapt Bridge to the Turnabout if they previously cut out Edgeworth's phobia of earthquakes. I'm thinking especially of the moment when

Spoiler: Bridge to the Turnabout
Iris and Dahlia made a switcheroo while Edgeworth has passed out because of his panic attack.

The Real Human Being

More Maya, I stayed alive this month and this is my reward, thank you God.

i feel pretty

DeMatador wrote:
Lind wrote:

Don't let them do this.

We must march on them.

We must do

what

we

must.

The sad thing about this post is that you're either serious, or you tried so hard to be sarcastic it backfired, so whatever it is, it's honestly just a bit sad.

im completely serious

fight me nerd

Let it go, and move on

TBH I just want them to show us kid Pollo watching one of Phoenix's trials. That would KILL me with happiness.

What's a Court Records?

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high in terms of animation, but A-1 has done good animation on other anime series they've touched. For example, Anohana and ERASED don't look bad at all
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Flee! Now!

Nice to know that the anime is getting a season 2. Still unfortunate that A-1 Studios is animating it.

I mean, hopefully they're just adapting and focusing on T&T so there won't be any problems regarding the story. But I honestly expect the animation to be very meh like the first season. A-1's animations were always a hit and miss for me. Then again, they probably have more budget and time to make the animation less crappy...? I'm not sure.

Ace Fangirl

As someone who ironically enjoys the terrible animation, hilarious localization jokes of the subs and poor pacing, I'm excited. I am going to laugh, and laugh, and laaaaugh...! Oh, the memes, just imagine the MEMES!

Yabba Dabba Doo

The only part of the anime I watched was Redd White highlights. As long as the production is similar to that, then I’m all in.

Happy Maria

Thunder84 wrote:
The only part of the anime I watched was Redd White highlights. As long as the production is similar to that, then I’m all in.

That's pretty unfair tbh, Redd White was the best part of the anime
other than the 2-3 finale

MYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

My opinion:
Well, I love the anime, even though people said it sucks. When I heard of this news, I was HYPED. I have high expectations for the upcoming season. I can't wait to see young Mia Fey! And I'm kind of curious on how Godot would sound like. He's going to be a new character in the 2nd season after all. We all haven't heard of his voice yet. The same goes for Dahlia Hawthorne. Welp, gotta wait until fall! Stay hyped, fellow Ace Attorney anime fans!

MYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Darth Wiader wrote:
I wonder how they're going to adapt Bridge to the Turnabout if they previously cut out Edgeworth's phobia of earthquakes. I'm thinking especially of the moment when

Spoiler: Bridge to the Turnabout
Iris and Dahlia made a switcheroo while Edgeworth has passed out because of his panic attack.

Maybe they'll reveal his fear of earthquakes at that episode??

Happy Maria

Nah, doesn't seem too likely. It would make far more sense for it to be shown in 1-4. 3-5 would feel pretty contrived without this clearly established phobia.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Southern Corn wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

That's pretty unfair tbh, Redd White was the best part of the anime
other than the 2-3 finale

That's what I'm saying. As long as we get more Redd White quality, then I'll watch this religiously.
Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes