Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

About the safer direction...Topic%20Title

Has anyone noticed that the Ace Attorney anime adaptation has been made more polite and sanitized than the original games?

Examples:

Physical violence against Phoenix is virtually non-existent. Redd White does not punch him during Wright's visit in his office, like it was implied in the game. During his battles with Franziska, Wright receives more damage from that courtroom wind thingamajig than from the actual whipping.

Young Larry did not steal Edgeworth's lunch money, instead he simply found it. Furthermore, like a model citizen he reported his finding to police and picked it only after no one showed up to reclaim it.

There is no mention of Gumshoe running every red light during his rush to the court in Farewell My Turnabout. He also did not talk on the cell phone when driving, another police office was sitting behind the wheel (in the game, Gumshoe was temporarily fired from his job and kicked off the investigation, thus he was driving on his own).

Hotti's character has been written off. In the original games, he had some squicky remarks about Pearl and his lines needed to be rewritten in the English version. It may be one of the reasons for his absence in the anime. On the other hand, Woodman's affection toward Regina and April May's kinkiness were left unaltered, so I may be overthinking this one.

Have these changes been made due to some broadcast regulations that prohibit promoting some inappropriate behavior?

In addition, I have some doubts about Larry and Gumshoe. Can someone who knows the original Japanese games tell me if they explicitly mention Larry's theft and Gumshoe's reckless driving or were these things added in a process of spicing up the translation? The same thing goes for Cindy and "sugar daddies", as the anime adaptation doesn't mention them.
Re: About the safer direction...Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

As well as this, the taser moment is weakened by the fact that Manfred isn't even there and it's just a random Bailiff doing his job. So yeah, they do tone down a lot of the violence and stuff. They do seem to have a greater reaction to Maya channeling Mia though, which is quite suggestive.
Re: About the safer direction...Topic%20Title

The Real Human Being

I like to imagine it's an alternate universe.
I love both dimensional Mayas however.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Neo Olde Tokyo