Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Introduction PhaseTopic%20Title

ASCEND

Sette suddenly lets out a loud shout in surprise.

Upon noticing everyone looking at him, he mumbles, "Ohh, uhh... Sorry about that. I, uhh, just remembered that I might have left the oven on!" Sette trails off, laughing awkwardly.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"Sure wish I owned an oven I could forget about." Ben opined morosely.

Gettin' Old!

Trix mused over Leeloo's name trying to place it in his head. An expression of sudden realisation coming over his face "Ah right I get it! Leeloo like the alien girl in 'the Fifth Element'! Yeah that film was pretty good! Shame the director's recent stuff wasn't as impressive after that." Trix said recalling the film fondly. "Still, what are you in for Leeloo?" he asked jokingly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Pierre wrote:
Trix mused over Leeloo's name trying to place it in his head. An expression of sudden realisation coming over his face "Ah right I get it! Leeloo like the alien girl in 'the Fifth Element'! Yeah that film was pretty good! Shame the director's recent stuff wasn't as impressive after that." Trix said recalling the film fondly. "Still, what are you in for Leeloo?" he asked jokingly.

"Yes, that is indeed the origin of my codename. I did not think anyone would get it." She says, nodding slightly. Her gaze darts to some of the participants before adding, "I do not know what I am in for yet, unfortunately..."

"Oh my..."

A look of recognition washes over Unity. She cocks her head cautiously at Leeloo.

"Miss Leeloo, perhaps I am mistaken, but are you not one of my students? Is that yet another coincidence? What would be the odds that somebody here attends not just my university, but also happens to be in the medical program? I am sorry, that may not even be who you are, since you do not seem to recognize me."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Miss Leeloo, perhaps I am mistaken, but are you not one of my students? Is that yet another coincidence? What would be the odds that somebody here attends not just my university, but also happens to be in the medical program? I am sorry, that may not even be who you are, since you do not seem to recognize me."

Leeloo squints her eyes at Unity. "Ah, yes, you are right-- I recognize you. I am one of your students in the medical program... very odd coincidence that we'd meet eachother here. Though it is quite the coincidence, to be honest. At the same time it is somewhat reassuring to see you here, Unity."

"Ahh... So it is you then. Well now it seems like there may be some sort of eerie pattern emerging. Perhaps this evil experiment involves sets of acquaintances. Although, if we are some sort of pair, then giving us numbers one and five doesn't make much sense to me."

Shy guy

"Can't be pairs." Ben said, scratching his scraggly beard. Another awkward pause. "Sounds like you and Sette have a connection o' some kind too. 'sides, can't make a set of pairs with 9 people. Unless A-man over there is part o' this too." He nodded towards the still-sealed Pod A.

hi

K-9 turns back to the group. "Unity has some sort of relation to Sette and Leeloo, and I know at least two of you. It's either a bizarre coincidence or done on purpose by our kidnappers." He motions at the group. "If you know anyone else here, please speak up now."

Shy guy

"Now hold up boss-man. Ain't we meant to be keeping our identities a secret?" Ben said easily. "We don't know who could be listening in on this lil conversation we're all having, and we don't know how much they know about us already. Best not to give away any advantages we might have, yeah?"

Sock

"I'm going to have to agree with Ben.." Gemini speaks with a hint of nervousness in her voice. "Last thing I want is whoever took us here is for them to track our families down and god knows what else.."

hi

"Oh, of course." K-9 apologized. "I guess I'm just a little caught up in all this."

"Well, as far as we know, these pods are intended to contain people. It also seems to be that-"

"Pardon me K-9? I did not realize you recognize anyone else here. Do they recognize you?"

She pauses thoughtfully, as Gemini chimes in.

"Hmm... I suppose we should not reveal our relationships, but how could our captor not know of them already? If K-9 is right and there are four or more of them, then how could they all be coincidences? Do we all live in the same place?"

hi

K-9 sighs. "I guess I forgot to mention that. Alright then, I'm a detective, but before that I was a simple patrolman. These two," he motions at Ben and Sette, "were partners-in-crime that constantly committed petty thefts."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded as the Doctor made a whole lot of sense "Yeah...I mean if you think we've all been chosen because of our connections then it's not likely we'd be hiding anything from the kidnapper right? They couldn't have missed that if you've got so many links right?" he said

As he was pondering this K-9 revealed the nature of some of the others. "Al...right...if you say so." he said looking at Ben and Sette "That right?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"Revealing our connections is not a wise choice to make, if the assumption that we were kidnapped is indeed true. It would be inconvenient and quite the risk, so perhaps we should keep the rest under wraps."

Gettin' Old!

Datamatt wrote:
"Revealing our connections is not a wise choice to make, if the assumption that we were kidnapped is indeed true. It would be inconvenient and quite the risk, so perhaps we should keep the rest under wraps."

Trix sighed feeling uncared for and unheard "Well...y'know...I did say how if those connection things are true then it's unlikely you were kidnapped by chance anyway and the kidnapper already probably knows about us all..."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Datamatt wrote:

Trix sighed feeling uncared for and unheard "Well...y'know...I did say how if those connection things are true then it's unlikely you were kidnapped by chance anyway and the kidnapper already probably knows about us all..."

"You have to consider the people here too. Though it is far fetched, but still a possibility, that some people have been captured with someone... let's say, akin to a nemesis. Who knows what we are doing here or what some would do with a moment of freedom after all. I would rather not find out either."

Shy guy

Before answering, Ben stared at K-9 again, eyes boring into the self-declared detective as he tried to figure out what his game was. It was a while before he spoke. "Told you before, 'm an entrepreneur. I am familiar with K-9, he ain't lying about us havin' a connection. But he ain't telling the whole truth neither. Maybe he figures he'll be at an advantage if he makes me look bad?"

He sighed wearily, an action that seemed to make him cough painfully for a few seconds afterwards. He took a few moments to recover before continuing. "Right now I reckon we're all in this together. Throwing shade ain't gonna get no-one nowhere. And it's like the girlie said, talking about ourselves too much is still a risk, no matter what the doc says. Wazzit they say, 'correlation don't imply cause'? Maybe we're all connected somehow, and maybe something about that connection is what got us all into this. That don't have to mean our captors are fully aware of all the finer details."

Gettin' Old!

Datamatt wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Datamatt wrote:

"You have to consider the people here too. Though it is far fetched, but still a possibility, that some people have been captured with someone... let's say, akin to a nemesis. Who knows what we are doing here or what some would do with a moment of freedom after all. I would rather not find out either."

Trix attempted desperately to pull a face of exasperation he'd seen on an anime lawyer at one point. Physiology be damned!

"B-but...wouldn't the nemesis know who it was anyway?" he said desperately trying not to think about the odds of people being kidnapped across the world knowing each other by coincidence "I mean we're chained up so it's not like anything can happen, but...wouldn't it be easier to watch out for each other if we knew what was going on?"

However hearing Ben join the Doctor in wanting to protect his privacy "Well...sure...we'll just need to trust each other then I guess" he conceded still a little puzzled.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Well, it was just speculation, in my defense. Perhaps the experimentation has to do with these connections, but I guess we cannot be certain."

"That being said, at some point we should maybe discuss these things. Perhaps the connections point towards the motivations of our captors."

ASCEND

Blinky wrote:
K-9 sighs. "I guess I forgot to mention that. Alright then, I'm a detective, but before that I was a simple patrolman. These two," he motions at Ben and Sette, "were partners-in-crime that constantly committed petty thefts."

"Hey, they weren't 'petty' crimes..." Sette shouts, then he hastily adds, "W- Wait, I mean there weren't petty crimes... as in that never happened! I don't who this guy is!" At Ben's comment, Sette laughs and adds, "Yeah! You tell 'im, man!"

"Anyway..." Sette continues, "I'm not sure it's a good idea to be revealing if we know each other yet, either. Heck, one of us hasn't even woke up yet!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

hi

K-9 gives Ben and Sette both a cold glare. "I'm not lying. I'm saying exactly what you two are; criminals. But I suppose you'd see it differently."

At Unity's statement, K-9 nods. "Of course. Maybe not right now, but we should discuss these things at some point. Keeping secrets won't get us far."

Shy guy

"Guess you're no longer a dog, boss-man. Still, glad to have you here." Ben said, slumping back down in his pod again, tired of sitting uncomfortably. " 'm sure your detective smarts will help get us out of this."

"So none of you can get us out of here?" the woman in the down coat asked. She had been quietly examining the surroundings and looking around for clues as to their surroundings or something that could get her out of her pod, but it seemed to no avail.

"And you're speaking of nicknames, like this is some sort of spy game we played as children?" she asked. "Very well... if this is how you all would like things to be, then I suppose I won't argue. Quarter can be what you all call me. Now, it seems that, unless our captor is one of us, the person who kidnapped us will likely have to come back and free one of us at some point. I think whoever gets out first, should risk rushing our attacker and freeing the rest of us."

"I have no trouble doing this if it's me, of course..." said Quarter. "But maybe the hobo enterpreneur-- er, 'Ben', was it? Could do just as well. He's younger than me."

"Er, I suppose I could do in a fight. Although, please do not expect too much from me. I am not in quite the right shape for something like that. Especially if they can here us and know that we're planning to fight them."

Happy Maria

Blinky wrote:
K-9 examined Pod A. He frowned a bit. "None of the other pods have anything written on them, correct?"

Pod A was only labelled on the top of the pod door. Since the other pods were open, however, their doors were facing the wall and hence could not be examined any further.

[This will probably be my last post before coming home. When I do, expect a phase change. Unfortunately, though, SiRReN has not yet responded since the game as begun. I will attempt to notify her but in the worst case scenario, do any of you mind if we have the phase change if she doesn't post?]

Happy Maria

[Due to circumstances beyond my control, phase change has been delayed to 8:30 AM EST. Apologies.]

Gettin' Old!

Trix gave a nervous laugh as Quarter suggested they fight and rush their captor which tapered off gradually as he realised the sincerity behind the words. "Erm....ok...I could try I suppose..." He said looking down introspectively. He had t been in a fight since High School so the thought of needing to brawl as a fully functioning adult seemed far fetched. Thinking on his past he noticed something was off.

"Hey so...what's the last thing you guys remember before coming here?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

MechaQdogg wrote:
"Now, it seems that, unless our captor is one of us, the person who kidnapped us will likely have to come back and free one of us at some point. I think whoever gets out first, should risk rushing our attacker and freeing the rest of us."

"I have no trouble doing this if it's me, of course..." said Quarter. "But maybe the hobo enterpreneur-- er, 'Ben', was it? Could do just as well. He's younger than me."

Leeloo flinches slightly at Quarter's words. "Err... I would much rather not do that. I am not fit for combat at all."

She then turns to Trix. "Why is that important?"

Happy Maria

(Ignore my previous message, phase change in 25 minutes.)

Gettin' Old!

Datamatt wrote:
MechaQdogg wrote:
"Now, it seems that, unless our captor is one of us, the person who kidnapped us will likely have to come back and free one of us at some point. I think whoever gets out first, should risk rushing our attacker and freeing the rest of us."

Leeloo flinches slightly at Quarter's words. "Err... I would much rather not do that. I am not fit for combat at all."

Trix seemed a little surprised the otherwise bright student hadn't though of the value of this "Well if possible some of us could remember maybe something about the kidnapper? Maybe we were all grabbed in a similar situation or some of us might have caught a glimpse of the kidnapper right?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

Datamatt wrote:
MechaQdogg wrote:

Trix seemed a little surprised the otherwise bright student hadn't though of the value of this "Well if possible some of us could remember maybe something about the kidnapper? Maybe we were all grabbed in a similar situation or some of us might have caught a glimpse of the kidnapper right?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
MechaQdogg wrote:

"... Well, I doubt any of us would've known anything about the kidnapper. If they did, I would have expected them to have said such information already. Which means-- I do not know anything of use."

Datamatt wrote:

"And I am not fit for dying a kidnap victim." replied Quarter simply. "But if you'd all wait for someone like me to take the lead, I have no objection to wagering my mettle versus our kidnapper. If, of course, none of you are up to the task of matching the determination of a lady as old as myself, I understand, and in no way question your courage."

Happy Maria

The players continue talking for a while, but it soon becomes clear that they aren't getting anywhere. The metal restraints still prevented them from moving, and they didn't have a clear idea of what was going on yet. Suddenly…

"Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrreeeeeee!"

A much too high pitched voice resonates across the room. The players look around, trying to trace where it came from.

"Are you all done introducing yourselves yet?", the mysterious high pitched voice asks irritatedly.

The players continue to look around and exclaim in shock, while others start to feel their left ear. It starts to become clear that the voice was emanating from their left ear, perhaps by some bug placed there.

"Well, it doesn't matter, right? You all want to get out of here, find out where you are and all that? Well, lucky you, 'cause I'm feeling generous today!"

Suddenly the restraints unlock and come off, letting the players leave their pods after so long.

"Yep, yep! You're all welcome!", the voice says cheerily. "If you want to see who I am, though, you gotta get outta here first! See you then!"

And just as suddenly as it had come, the voice simply disappears. Or, rather, stops talking. The players are left befuddled, wondering what that was all about. But still, somehow, they've been granted freedom, allowing them to properly examine the room further. They start to get off their pods one by one, Ben being the last to leave. After they do, the pods all start to close.

Now that the players can see the top of their pods, it's clear that they're all labeled like the tenth one. However, instead of being labelled by letters, they're done by number. For example, Unity's pod is labelled Pod 1. Similarly, each player's pod is labelled by their bracelet number, and can be opened from outside. Pod A, however, cannot be manually opened. It seems to have been automatically locked for some time. The computer seems to be working alright for the time being, but the safe next to Pod 1 is also locked. On the table, however, there seems to be a few maps of the room- enough for each player to take. Finally, examining the two doors, both seem to be locked. But still, the voice did say that there was one thing the players had to do to meet it. That one thing is to…

[ Room Theme
.Room Map
.Colour Key ]

[This is the Room Phase! Here, you investigate the room you are currently in, examining objects and solving puzzles to escape. You can also perform Actions, which are detailed below.]

Spoiler: Actions
Players can perform one Action per room. With the exception of Watch and Watch My Back, Actions can be performed at any point during the exploration. To perform your Action, please state it in your QT.

Watch and Watch My Back must instead be declared at the beginning, before the player does anything in the room itself – it's fine if other players have done anything, however, and you can go as soon as the message of your Action declaration is sent, you don't need to wait for confirmation. These two Actions also come with consequences – if you choose either, then you can miss other things due to your focusing on an individual, be it yourself or someone else.

The possible Actions are:
Watch – Keep an eye on someone else, receiving basic information about what they did during this room. Doing so distracts you from everyone else and also gives a 50% chance of failing a puzzle if attempted.

Watch My Back – Keep away from everyone else and make sure no-one tries any funny business around you. Doing so distracts you from everyone else and also gives a 50% chance of failing a puzzle if attempted.

Give – Give an item to another player. This can be done covertly – if they aren't Watching, you can slip an item into their inventory without them realising, perhaps to plant evidence.

Steal – Take an item from another player. This has to be done covertly, unless they consent. If you don't know what you're trying to steal, you'll get something random; if you try to steal a specific item and they don't have it, you'll get nothing.

Whisper – Say something to another player, without anyone else hearing. You can choose to stay anonymous when you do so.

Use Item – As it sounds, when you find a free moment and no-one is looking, you use an item you possess. If the item happens to be a weapon, you can try to covertly kill another player with it. Or you could just...

Open Kill – Throwing subtlety out the window, you try to kill someone directly with whatever you've got. Such a bold action succeeds even if the target is Watching you or their back, but you'll also clearly be seen or heard by everyone else in the room. In addition, there are situations in which the target can resist, fleeing to the others or even fighting back.

[Another thing: A lot of the labels and such on the map (as well as future ones) are arbitrary. So, for example, if there's a screwdriver on the table, it won't necessarily be given on the map.

That's about it. Good luck!]

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Happy Maria

[Oh, almost forgot.]

Due to the tight-spaced room and the large number of people in the room, Steal and Open Kill will not be performable this round.

Gettin' Old!

In a show of overt relief Trix sweeps up his flat cap restoring it to its rightful place on his head.

"Well..." He locked his hands together and stretched his fingers with a satisfying *crack* "So much for the kidnapper showing themselves in person. Let's see what we can glean from this though." He said moving to the computer and beginning to examine it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
In a show of overt relief Trix sweeps up his flat cap restoring it to its rightful place on his head.

"Well..." He locked his hands together and stretched his fingers with a satisfying *crack* "So much for the kidnapper showing themselves in person. Let's see what we can glean from this though." He said moving to the computer and beginning to examine it.

Looking at the computer, it appears to be password protected. Interestingly though, you can also solve a puzzle to access it. The puzzle appears to be a simple 5x5 sudoku. The rules are as follows: Place the letters A to E such that no row or column contains duplicate elements. Simple as pie.

{This is a free for all, by the way.}

Leeloo stretches her arms once outside of the pods. "I suppose all we can do is look around now..."

She takes a quick look around the room before adding, "I will go take a look at the safe, then." Leeloo then moves towards the safe.
Page 2 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus