Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 3[ 104 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

ASCEND

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
I'll say I'm interested in running. I am certainly not closer to being able to run than anyone else though, but if PB wants to team up with me for the summer, I would gladly do so and we could start brainstorming. I'm also fine with F and Kachu running in the summer, just figured I'd articulate that I'm both available to help and interested.

I'd definitely be interested in working with you on one of these! idk when though. Next summer would be after I graduate though, so I don't even know what would be going on then.

also might be hard to coordinate since you don't have a Discord but I'm sure we could work something out
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

(If you're interested it would be beneficial to join the Discord regardless)

Okay well maybe we should start discussing it. I do have a discord actually and I could join it if you want to organize. I just like having the qt after the game is over.

So if Kachu/F want to let PB run this summer, we could make that happen.

FWIW it's a matter of preference but many people liked using the Q&A channel on Discord so they could ask questions and get a response pretty quickly. People generally have discussions there about the game outside of class trials too. GMs should definitely be a part of the Discord since it's been a big part of the game since F1, and asking people to abandon that might be too tall an order.

I mean yeah, I was just explaining why I have that preference as a player.

If I co-GM'd I would have to discord it up.

[put something witty here]

I'm uh, pretty late on commenting here (don't kill me I'm sorry), but hey hey it's the end of the game. Lemme just butt in real quick to say what a ride, was glad to be part of it. Thanks so much to JM and Mecha for hosting, and hope everyone involved had a good time for the most part. Guess this is the part where I share opinions and whatnot?

Overall I had a lot of fun here, the cases were all pretty great. Shout-out to Ch. 2 for Jirou's performance post-trial and again to Nanjo in 4, best killers easily and personally my favorites in terms of the mysteries. Only chapter I wasn't the biggest fan of was Ch. 5, mostly because the killer motive wasn't all that clear at the time (his QT afterwards clarified later, though).

In terms of characters, again will say Casey was pretty great and Nanjo did an amazing job with her. Same goes for Kagayaki/Fran, even if she didn't go exactly the way you planned originally. Dale was also entertaining for the time he was around. I didn't outright hate any characters, (Akio grew on me) and really all the other characters were discussed enough that I don't have much to add.

...not that I really have much room to criticize when I wasn't really satisfied with my own character by the end of things.

So, personal reflection. I feel like I could've done a lot better with Molly, I mostly bumbled along and didn't have the most solid plan. Had an activity problem for the early part of the game, and schizophrenic characterization problems late-game. A mess overall and pretty bleh looking back. Really could have tried harder, and also reeeeeally underutilized FTEs. But, I'll do my best to improve and fix my habits up by future games.

tl:dr, 'Twas a good time and hope to do better in the future. Continue as you were.

Also for anyone who cares here all the last words: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-6j ... sp=sharing

Happy Maria

Man, I like the really deep paragraphs and lines that pretty much tell you how the characters are and how they act...and then you have stuff like Dallas and F2 Monomi XD Perfect mixture.

ASCEND

Didn't Terry say something else like right after getting stabbed smh
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

"It's alright…"
-Terry's actual last words.

Similarly, Karega said something else after assaulting Cox, right?

Oops. Yeah fixed both (Karega is reacting to paintman)

Oh hey it's me again lol, long time no see

It sucks that I didn't get to be a part of this due to running into unexpected issues in real life, but I'll definitely try to get into the next Dangan Ronpa Rolepay if there's going to be one.

Anyways good job to all of the roleplayers, I haven't read everything but from what I've seen all of your characters seem pretty awesome.

ChunkOfTaro wrote:

It sucks that I didn't get to be a part of this due to running into unexpected issues in real life, but I'll definitely try to get into the next Dangan Ronpa Rolepay if there's going to be one.

Anyways good job to all of the roleplayers, I haven't read everything but from what I've seen all of your characters seem pretty awesome.

Good to hear! We were actually sorry not to hear from you! But at any rate, it's good to know your still around.

Thanks! I'll try not to disappear randomly again xD

Happy Maria

ChunkOfTaro wrote:

We all missed you, Chunk! D: You would've been the best player probably if you had joined, and we all want you to GM join F4 as well.

So here's the link to the Discord where all the updates and announcements are kept, so that you'll be notified on when F4 will start and who'll be GMing it and such.

did your job for you kami

Thanks lol :)

Is it okay if I don't join that? I will if it's absolutely 100% necessary, but Discord isn't really my thing and I always get glitches and bugs whenever I try to use it thanks to my crappy computer.

Happy Maria

Oh sure, yeah. Discord's a terrible place actually and it totally sucks, so it's understandable if you don't wish to join it. We're all doing our job in keeping every non-Discord user in the loop as well, so no need to worry.

If you'd like, we can notify you if and when the F4 sign-up thread goes up!

That would be great, thanks! Can't wait to sign up for F4!

Last edited by ChunkOfTaro on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

People do manage without, so it's fine if you'd rather not join. Joining can be convenient, but once the game starts we have QuickTopics to handle communication.

I don't follow the discord, I just rely on someone notifying my lazy butt that the sign ups/game has started.

What if F1 and F2 had custom Xs for the dead sprite? Well, not you can see:

Spoiler: F1

Spoiler: F2

Whether or not I'm in F4, I'll try to provide similar dead sprites for that as well.

Last edited by Lone on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

Whoa, pretty cool.

Wait why does Colin have the same dead sprite as Terry?

ASCEND

Lone's secretly doing this just to insure that my character's dead sprites never match their corresponding dead avatar.

Those are very well-done! I would've made Colin's a paw print or something, and maybe Simon's a low/dead battery warning. Also Mikael's a question mark

...I might change Colin's at the very least. Coming up with new ideas for these can be quite difficult. If for F4, anyone has ideas for their characters, feel free to let me know.

You don't need to change his or any of them, I was just spitballing dog bones works too

Nah, it's fine. I wasn't too fond of what I had for Colin anyhow, and Simon's being a parody of the YouTube logo may have flew over peoples heads too. Changes have been made.

Update on F4:

So, for F4, two teams of two are interested in running: F/Kachu and Me/PB.

After a lot of discussion, a compelling method of choosing which team might be better suited to GMing was proposed: since PB and I were more often more engaged with the trial portions of F3 than F and Kachu were, perhaps that shows we are more ready to GM a mystery game like F4. If F or Kachu participate in F4, they'll still be able to continue to build their reputations as spirited players (in the trials, particularly).

So, this method of evaluating the teams would have PB and me run. If anybody has other points about how things are being decided that they would like to bring up, please chime in! It's really difficult arbitrating something like this, so any thoughts on how the matter could be decided should help solve things.

Sign up times will be talked about after the GM group is chosen. Both teams would run roughly at the same time, so which one is chosen does not affect the schedule much.

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Thu May 03, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Personally, I don't feel like asking everyone else who should run is it the right way to go about it. While I don't have an alternative in mind, this way just feels awkward and weird to me.

And while I'm at it, I also feel like trial activity is also a poor argument as to who should run F4. More trial activity doesn't necessarily mean that someone will be more active as a GM, and frankly feels kind of unfair to use that against F and Kachu.

ASCEND

I mean I think running one of these things is a lot more work than posting consistently in any number of trials. Compared to writing all the mysteries and alibis, designing the overarching plot, and also coming up with stuff for DL and occasionally even posting through the villain character stand-in people, posting in the trials isn't really that difficult.

Salem wrote:
Personally, I don't feel like asking everyone else who should run is it the right way to go about it. While I don't have an alternative in mind, this way just feels awkward and weird to me.

I don't mean to ask who should run, just asking for thoughts on what factors should be considered.

Salem wrote:
And while I'm at it, I also feel like trial activity is also a poor argument as to who should run F4. More trial activity doesn't necessarily mean that someone will be more active as a GM, and frankly feels kind of unfair to use that against F and Kachu.

Sure, that's fair! However, it's also our greatest insight into the matter right now. Also just to be clear, we're not saying PB or I are better or more successful at the trials, just that we put forth a lot of effort in them between the two of us, showing enthusiasm for working on mystery stuff during the game.

Planetbox wrote:
I mean I think running one of these things is a lot more work than posting consistently in any number of trials. Compared to writing all the mysteries and alibis, designing the overarching plot, and also coming up with stuff for DL and occasionally even posting through the villain character stand-in people, posting in the trials isn't really that difficult.

While it's true that it's less work to post in trials compared to running the game, I still feel like using trial activity is a poor excuse. Someone could find the trials in F3 difficult to follow, and as a result post less. As well as the trials taking place mainly during weekdays could lead to lower activity too. I feel as if using trial activity during a busier part of the year to determine who would be a better GM during a generally more free time of the year is an extremely poor way to go about it.

That's a good point, but neither PB nor I were particularly free during F3 afaik. I had full time school and part time work. So F or Kachu isn't the only one who is going to have more time during the summer. Even on a busier schedule, I still was able to check in on the trials and spend some time on them.

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Fri May 04, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Fact of the matter is, if a prospective is not able to make time to participate in the trials, it's understandable that there would be skepticism of their ability to make time to host the game. Not only that, but if they have trouble following along with the mysteries in the trials themselves (ignoring the fact that this is hardly an excuse as there are other ways to participate or get things cleared up), skepticism regarding their ability to craft such mysteries is also understandable.

I don't feel like the main defining factor here is how packed someone's schedule here is either. It's more about how capable they are of making time for the F games. And yes, people may have more time during the summer, but we've only had one F game during the summer and half of us weren't even in it so we can't really make many predictions about that

It's not really an argument used against F/Kachu for the sake of it. If they were active and PB/Nanjo weren't then I'd be saying the same thing. Past activity is factored in for player sign-ups, so why shouldn't it be a factor for GMing? It's not like any other meaningful factors to consider have been proposed. Sure it was a busy time of year, but you really shouldn't be joining these games if it's a busy time of year for you and you won't be able to be active

Well, I might as well save myself the headache and end it here, because it seems like none of us are going to change our minds. As I've said before, I feel as if trial activity shouldn't be a concern when deciding a GM, as both Kachu and F have been plenty active, and has little to do with how good mysteries someone would create and how active someone can be. However, as I can see no better way to decide the GMs of the game, I suppose I'll leave it here.

Well I’m willing to hear what anyone thinks if they think of something better. I just don’t think inactivity is some small thing to ignore

Okay so I have been following the conversation on discord and I think I have noticed a trend, so I thought I'd express my opinion. You might say I have no right to as I am inactive both on the server or in the actual games (I had reasons but I don't want to make excuses), but I wanted to post my thoughts as an observer. I mean no offense for who I'm going to mention, but this is what I honestly think.

It seems all the decision is resting on Jm or something, although a few other people have expressed their opinions, it looks like the final consideration goes back to him, as I haven't seen much of the two other gm's opinion. Of course he has a big say since he started the f games, and gmed two, but I'd like to see what other people really think too. A previous gm should encourage new ones and let the majority decide, not favor one over another.

You guys are being kinda harsh on Kachu/f. In my opinion, trial activity shouldn't count, it's different to actively engage in posts than preplan scenarios and mysteries, but I can see where you're coming from if you're pointing to creativity in tackling mysteries. Otherwise I don't see what the big issue is about them. If it's about gm softlock, you have point, but even then they must be given a fair chance too. If there are any other relevant issues with a solid basis please bring them up, a cold tug of war will get us nowhere. Also for creativity, Kachu had his fair share of cyoas too, even if most of them weren't Dr related.

Overall, f3 (and previous games to some degree) has been a really unsatisfying experience for me and stemming from that I'm not participating in f4 (and probably later games). Again, sorry if I offended anyone with my post.

Well, my opinion has always been the more consistently active player should gain the right to GM. We're isolating trial activity for some reason when PB has historically been active in all aspects of the game, and Nanjo was active F3 and I've heard he's run other games and is usually a solid player.

I'm not saying Kachu or F are bad players but there is a lot of work in GMing a game, so I don't think it's harsh that players who participate more on average can be the better pick. I recall a comment where Kachu was saying he could probably do most of the work at the end of the game, implying that F would leave. (And the comment says he *will* be busy past mid-July.) Remember F left F1 halfway through in the summer? I'm NOT saying he's a bad player -- I think most of us enjoyed the characters he created -- but it's true that F has historically been inconsistent. I *personally* feel better with a player whom I've seen to be consistent. I mean, those two have already publically talked about working through an incoming inactivity.

I'm not making any claims about who will be better creatively, but I think it's important to consider. Really though, I advise the GM pairs work it out amongst themselves. Getting opinions are fine but it'll feel unfair to both parties if other people dictate the vote (which isn't what's happening but I thought I should bring it up anyways)

Though I would ask to those saying otherwise. What's a better benchmark to decide the GM pasr general game activity? Not even limiting this discussion to trials (even though players with bad timezones have still been able to contribute plenty, but I digress.) If you think that's not a good benchmark, even though it's directly related to general activity since trials are like 50% of the game, what is a better way to decide? Without a deciding factor, it becomes a petty tug-of-war, but if general activity isn't a good deciding factor, then please suggest one.

Sock

Alright so quite a bit has gone down here so I guess it's okay to jump on in.

I don't really think it's unfair at all, because I really could've done more in trials during F3. I will add that I have absolutely nothing to do in the summer, but that doesn't mean much but I I can prove something.

At this point, while I don't know how F feels (he's asleep at this hour I think) I'm more than happy to give F4 to PB and Nanjo and I'm sure they'll do a fantastic job this summer. So they can work on their stuff without thinking about how they might need to wait for Fall or whatever. It'll give me a chance to do a lot in F4 (if I get in, which I'll be rather sad if I don't >:v (but I also would understand)) and hopefully run a game one day with someone.

I'm realizing that that was probably confusing so to sum it up, I'm basically saying here and now that PB and Nanjo should have F4, or whoever else wants to run it if anyone else is interested, cause I can see why people wouldn't prefer F and myself.

Though it feels like there's more discussion to be had here in general, so maybe we can still decide on something for future games?
Page 2 of 3 [ 104 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus