Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 8 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded "Uh...ok if you are sure. It's really not much of a change but I guess I can't blame you for the suspicion. I mean...I could maybe have programmed the AI as one thing that counts against me. All the same...my plan is basically just the same as yours but we put less eggs in one basket."

Vote: Trix Plan
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

hi

K-9 shrugs. "Guess I'll vote then."

Vote: K-9's plan

Happy Maria

(By the way, if there isn't a majority vote by the time the phase change approaches, the plan with the most votes will be taken into effect. So vote now, or forever hold your peace, as it were.)

ASCEND

"I think keeping things even might be a good idea too..." Sette mumbles.

Vote: Trix's Plan
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

(To give more time for discussion, phase change is delayed by 10 hours)

"I don't know how much value my input has," Abbot spoke up tentatively, "but for what's it's worth, I vote for Trix's Plan. I think it's best to keep things even, that way one person can't pull something over on another because a third person will be there. I don't particularly care who goes in what room though."

"Ahh... I suppose I can understand Trix's points. He is welcome to go with Gemini and me if he wishes to see the Rest door."

Unvote: K-9's Plan

Vote: Trix's Plan

Quarter leaned on her cane, considering the proposition. "...I find it odd that some people have preferences of doors that they'd like to go through, considering they don't have any way of knowing what they'll lead to."

She sighed. "And yet, neither do I see a reason to disagree with the consensus. Very well..."

Vote Trix's plan
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Room PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

"Alright, that's enough discussion! Now assemble into the Main Hall!"

The players all do so, standing in front of their respective doors.

"Right!" The Bookworm appears on the screen again.

"Now, just press all your hands against the device of the door which you're going to enter. After you all finish, press the button near the device and the doors should open. Don't run into somewhere else or stay back, since that'll result in a penalty. See you soon!"

The players do as the Bookworm says and the doors open. Each of the players enter their respective rooms. What could possibly lie inside?

[Room QTs have been posted in your private QTs. No one is to post here till the phase ends.]

[Post-Game Edit: The rooms:

1. Washroom: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/c52xDZpLpQp
1.5. Laundry Room: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/BnaUPZbkYKFX
2. Sleeping Quarters: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/tStKc6d4JPYkq
3. Sick Room: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/xPYdEE2qeyiQ ]

Last edited by Southern Corn on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Maria

[Phase Change occurs within 5 days, should everyone complete their room by then.]

Happy Maria

(The instructions for Watch have slightly been altered. Please check the OP again.)

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
(The instructions for Watch have slightly been altered. Please check the OP again.)

(What changed?)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

(What changed?)

(Now the repercussions for Watch have become the same for Watch Your Back- simply a 50% chance of failing puzzles now.)
Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Discussion PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Further down in the building, the sound of several elevators stopping is heard. The doors open and... the players all walk out. They all seem to be quite confused, seeing each other again, but also quite relieved that they were reunited. On the right side are two elevators. From the first are Quarter, Leeloo and Abbot. From the second are Unity, Gemini and Trix. The strange thing, however, is on the left side, with one elevator. Immediately, the others notice that they seem rather odd. For one, K-9 is deep in thought about something, hardly acknowledging the others. The second...Ben. His facial hair appears to have finally been shaved, and his head is held high at Quarter with a strange smirk. And third...Sette. He isn't with the other two at all, yet they hardly seem perturbed by it.

The players decide to take in their new surroundings. (Map for visualisation.) This hardly appears to be too interesting compared to the main hall. Three more doors stand on one side, all next to each other. They're similarly labelled to the 3 doors the players had just passed through- from right to left, Undergrowth; Diversion; and...Ice. There are displays on each of them, but once again, they do not appear to be showing up at the moment.

On the other side of the room is yet another strange message- GRAND AS ICE NINE. Seemingly vaguer than CELLO SEES WORM, at least.

"Heeeeeeeey there!"

The players all instinctively flinch at the now familiar high pitched voice of the Bookworm. They look around and see the playful parasite above the three doors.

"Congratulations, all of you! I can't believe you made it this far!"

"Well, except Mr. Reus. Who knows where he is now?"

"Oh, wait- I do! Hahahahaha!"

"Anyway, I imagine you horrid lot have plenty to discuss. So go on! Talk about your rooms, what you did, what you found, and what you're going to vote in the next round of the AB Game!"

"Six of you are already on the verge of death, and the other three on the verge of getting out! You better take this round seriously, or you're screwed for good!"

"Oh, and the doors as well! This could also affect which door you'll be going into! Of course, the displays won't be ready till you're done voting. After all, it depends all upon how traitorous you backstabbers are!"

"And by the by, Big Ben? Not a fan of your new look. Like, at all."

The Bookworm stops speaking, finally allowing the rest of the players to get a word in.

(Phase Change occurs after everything relevant has been discussed, most likely by midnight, the 1st of May.)

"Where is Sette? What happened to him? Is he going to die if he does not go through the doors here?"

Unity gives a forced smile to everyone as she apparently frets over the health of Sette.

"We can talk about our room. It was a bunk room supposedly, from a German WWII base. Well supposedly this whole facility is an Axis research center for something called Ice-9. It's some ice molecule that stays frozen at room temperature. The puzzle that we had to do was a murder investigation with a fake body. Essentially, the victim was an Allied spy. The killer was a German patriot who discovered the spy, but not before the spy had already sent out the coordinates of the base. The Allies raided the base shortly after, and according to a tabloid we found, they dumped all the ice nine into the ocean, possibly contaminating it."

"That is pretty much all we did. Seems like there's an elaborate narrative to this place."

Gettin' Old!

Trix looked around the others "Yeah Unity has it right but what about Sette? Did he escape by some other means." He gave Ben a thumbs up "And don't listen to that worm. You look great!"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Ben grinned at Trix. "Thanks, Trix my man. Mebbe losing those SCs weren't such a bad thing after all, we got to go to the washroom an' I got to shave! Even got to wash a little at a sink - were showers too, didn't trust 'em though, some button could make 'em rain down acid. Darn nazis..."

He stopped speaking for a while, thinking about who-knew-what, and then continued. "Was a laundry room after that too. Didn't find nothing of interest in either room, though. Well, 'part from the Escape Locker. Did what it said on the tin - Sette unlocked it, went through, an' escaped." He said simply.

"Huh? Does that mean that he is out of the woods, then? That is comforting to hear. Hopefully this is the first step towards our survival."

Unity calms herself, looking rather serene.

Gettin' Old!

Trix laughed "Wait really? Maybe I made the wrong decision going to the rest room. Seems a real gift from the worm and all." Trix tilted his head "That right Mr Worm? Is Sette home free?" He asked.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Hahaha! I feel like a celebrity being interviewed like this! And just like all good celebs do, I have only one thing to say!"

"No comment."

Sock

Gemini nods slowly. "Uh huh..."

"If Sette's really gone, then he'll send someone to rescue us, right? I won't have to spent the rest of my life in this damned place?"

"Pardon? I would think we need to know if Sette is home free in order to play the allying and betraying game. We need to know if he is still a participant. There are certain things you should do to facilitate play."

Unity speaks in an earnest tone to the worm, but it comes across a little condescending.

"I am confident Sette will find the resources to get us help, but thankfully he will not have to be alone. We should be able to get two more people out this round to help him, correct?"

Happy Maria

"Need to?! There's a difference between a need to and a want to! Big Ben and Nanny will still be playing against each other in the end, so Mr. Reus being there won't affect a thing since they both know him! Big Ben's a buddy with him, and Nanny hates his guts. Nahhh, I'm keeping my pie-hole shut, thank you very much!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded "Right well...godspeed to Sette wherever he is. I think we should all do another bracelet check if that's alright with you. People might have found some items that have tweaked the playing field in their rooms." He said tapping his Bracelet to reveal his 1 SC.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Sette not being here concerns me somewhat... but I hope he is fine, if the locker does what it says." Leelo says. "About the bracelet check, I do not mind."

She then shows her bracelet. 6 SCs.

Shy guy

Bun shrugged and complied as well: 1 SC.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Ah!" Leeloo suddenly says. "About our room, it was some sort of... Recovery ward. We found a dead corpse in one of the wards, and it had a letter in its hand that spelled out 'Lum'. That is about it for the room itself, really."

Datamatt wrote:
"Ah!" Leeloo suddenly says. "About our room, it was some sort of... Recovery ward. We found a dead corpse in one of the wards, and it had a letter in its hand that spelled out 'Lum'. That is about it for the room itself, really."

"...It was hypothesized at the time that it was the beginning of the word 'luminol', which was also found in the room." said Quarter. "But we never really confirmed it. At any rate, there were 10 medical rooms, and one of them was locked. In the course of the puzzles, we unlocked the only locked medical room. Inside, we found the body. Still... I have my doubts about what we saw. If we ever get Unity to take a look, perhaps she'd have a better go of investigating the body than... well, frankly, her student did."

"At any rate, I believe Abbot found a series of articles, one of which was in Cantonese, which he read to us. The other two were in Mandarin and Italian, I believe. The article in Cantonese regarded a stolen child, the Regnier Baby. Other than the parents, the only other visitor was a Pandareus Camino on the day of the kidnapping. I, myself, found a letter from Mrs. Regnier to her father, Doug Murrell."

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Camino... That sounds like an Italian name, plus the worm was calling Sette by Mr. Reus, and Sette acknowledged he was in China at around that time. Did you folks come to the conclusion that Sette was Pandareus? Can K-9 or Ben confirm that might have been Sette? I must admit my consternation at learning that Sette hid a potential connection to the babynapping. Hopefully he only obfuscated that due to his memory loss or some other understandable reason, and not because of something more nefarious."

"That reminds me, in the first room we found two articles: one about the X murderer, and one about the kidnapping. Consequently, the safe had two passwords: Mad Jack Jr. and Pandareus. Is it possible that Zero set that up that way as a way of portraying Pandareus as the kidnapper and Mad Jack Jr., whoever that is, as the serial killer? That would seem homogeneous with Zero's M.O. considering all these other hints he has set up."

"I think that must have something to do with it." Quarter agreed. "Camino does sound like it could be Italian. And this 'Pandareus' does seem as if it could be one of the reasons we were all brought here today. I cannot say that I recall any connection I have with this person, nor with the Regniers, but only a great ignoramus or someone complicit should suggest at this point that Camino is entirely unrelated. I should very much like to get Sette's take on things."

Happy Maria

Everyone's SCs are the same as they were.

Happy Maria

"By the way, Gem forgot to tell you something very important about the room she was in! You know, the one where this guy supposedly murdered the other guy..."

"Erm, what were their names again?"

"Whatever. The name of the room was "Sleeping Quarters", so Gem said, "Great, will we find more of her in here?"."

"Hahahahahaha! Can you imagine it? In every bed there's just one of that batty old crone lying down, being herself? That would've been harder to deal with than the supposed murder they had to solve! Wahahahahahaha!"

Shy guy

" 's unfortunate." Ben said. "First room, Jim told us about this 'escape locker'. Said it was another way out, that it was a chance to open the exit door. We agreed, democratically, that Sette should use it. We was worried about his chances of survival here, see. Like he was bein' set up, made to look like Zero, 'r at least suspicious in general. An' there were other factors too, 'course." He said, glancing over at the one who'd betrayed Sette, Leeloo.

We paused for a while before realising he still had a point to make. "So, he's escaped now, hopefully. Does mean we have a problem with all these Italian articles. Can't ask him nothing, neither."

Quarter let a low growl escape, letting her displeasure be known. "That was... rather reckless, considering that we don't know where we are, and on top of that, it's now much harder for us still inside to figure things out. And now we're left with evidence that might've given us some insight on where and why we are here, that we can no longer interpret thanks to that recklessness. I can say with some certainty that a reasonable person might conclude that I deserve it, as does the others that betrayed with me as well. But of Unity, or K-9? They are now less likely to escape for it." said Quarter, evenly.

"But no matter-- I do think that at least I can pledge that I am not going to leave." said Quarter. "Well, not yet, at least. Ben will have to deal with me for a bit longer. Hopefully the next person to leave will at least have a partner to do so with, so that they may be that much more assured of survival, regardless of where we are."

Shy guy

"Th' locker was only usable then. Didn't want to waste the chance." Ben replied, unconcerned. "Jim told us we wouldn't be returning for a long while, if at all."

"What do doc an' boss-man have t' do with this, though?" He then asked. " 'sides, not like Sette was our only source of info. Don't underestimate an entrepreneur like me'self!"

Gettin' Old!

Trix sighed slowly "No maybe he wasn't our only source of info but he might have been the only source of info regarding that kidnapping if he was connected to it." Trix shrugged.

"Plus the worm won't verify your story and there was supposedly an acid shower. Might be the worm forced you to kill him with it to escape and this escape locker could be a cover story." Trix gave the cleanliness team a sympathetic look "Not that I suspect you of doing that, I just wouldn't put it past the worm to force that on you. Especially since it's already making us try and kill each other." He grunted.

Trix scratched his chin thinking on his next question. "You guys all knew Sette right?" He said addressing Ben and K9 "Now he's gone can you give us a full lowdown of him? Name and all?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Ben grinned. "People always underestimate the crazy hobo. Who's to say I don't know something about that kidnappin' too?"

" 'bout the locker, well, it's our word 'gainst yours. 'least me and boss-man can both verify it, not like it's just my lie. But, ah, no can do on me spillin' Sette's secrets. Only if'n it's necessary. Better luck asking boss-man 'bout that."

Quarter looked at Ben incredulously. "Granted, you slightly look more the part than you did when we met, I can't help but doubt your narrative. At any rate, it seems reading Italian is a skill that none of us here possess. Am I correct? Also, I am not sure that I quite understand why Sette felt especially suspected as Zero. According to K-9, you two were acquaintances before this experience, isn't that right, Ben? Could you give us some insight? By whom did he believe he was being 'set up'?"

"And what do you know about the Regnier kidnapping? Clearly it is something like the reason that we're here, and I'm quite sure that it's related to why we're here, so... it's become necessary, I'd wager."

Shy guy

Ben raised his bracelet, showing everyone '1 SC' again. "If I die, what I know dies with me. So let's wait until after the vote, yeah?" He said.

"I can talk 'bout Sette bein' set up, though. You all saw the laptop, right? Username 'Zero', password '0007'. Sette's the only one of us with all his memories, unless the real Zero's here too an' also remembers. Plus he revealed something right strange to us - said he started the game with 4 SCs, but after bein' betrayed he went down to 1 like everyone else." He stopped to think before continuing again. "Stands out too much, I reckon. The real Zero would wanna keep on the down low. No idea who'd wanna set him up like that, but, 's pretty clear that he was."

Abbot frowned, crossing his arms loosely. "It is unfortunate Sette is gone - there are certainly many questions that could have been answered were he still here. But what's done is done. The only thing left to discuss is any minor details anyone might still wish to reveal, and the AB vote." He looked to Quarter patiently.
Page 8 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus