Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 10 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Discussion PhaseTopic%20Title

KamiPanda wrote:
"All of what?" Ben exclaimed weakly.

"Who are you, and who is Sette? How do you know him?" asked Quarter. "Why is it that he is the only one of us that is gone when my... when we discovered the body of the girl in Pod A? Do you seriously expect me to believe that he simply left your room and her being found here is a coincidence? If you were made to suffer, do you think he'd come for you?"

"Woah, Quarter!" Abbot said, rushing forward. He put his hands on her shoulders, putting gentle pressure to try to relieve her own pressure on Ben. "If he wasn't inclined to tell the truth before, jabbing him with your cane won't make him talk. I understand you are scared, we all are. But that is why our best course of action is escape."

Shy guy

"I don't see the relevance, an' K-9's already made it pretty clear who me an' Sette were. We ain't got no connection to nothin'." Ben protested, apparently willing to talk even with Abbot's intervention. "For Pete's sake, 'm just a homeless man who came to the States from Germany hoping to achieve that grand "American Dream" scam they's always peddlin'. Sette's just me pal I met a while back."

"As fer... as fer the girl in Pod A, you say it's a coincidence, but they're two separate events! An' we don't even know what condition she's in yet... ain't those pods good fer healing or something? Ain't that what doc said when we first woke up here?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Leeloo speaks up after a while, raising her voice slightly. "He is telling the truth. Please, stop. Fighting now is pointless, and only worsens our current conditions. Sette would never do this. I'm sure of it."

Without turning to Abbot, she replied coldly, "Kindly remove your hands from me while I deal with this... thing..."

Leeloo wrote:
Leeloo speaks up after a while, raising her voice slightly. "He is telling the truth. Please, stop. Fighting now is pointless, and only worsens our current conditions. Sette would never do this. I'm sure of it."

KamiPanda wrote:
"As fer... as fer the girl in Pod A, you say it's a coincidence, but they're two separate events! An' we don't even know what condition she's in yet... ain't those pods good fer healing or something? Ain't that what doc said when we first woke up here?"

"Do NOT take me for stupid!" shouted Quarter. She cleared her voice before regaining her even, emotionless tone. "There's no evidence for anyone else here besides the nine of us. I doubt that Abbot or Leeloo could've absconded to the pod room without my seeing them. K-9 and yourself give each other alibis. So unless you're asserting that Unity, Gemini and Trix are all in a conspiracy with one another, that leaves Sette, and only Sette, with the opportunity of hurting her."

"So I would have his name, and the name of his accessory." Quarter jabbed Ben once again with her cane.

Abbot ducked his head and backed up, but stayed close to Quarter.

Unity stands up from checking the back door.

"As dusty as ever. Whoever did this would have to have entered through the main doors."

She interjects this rather timidly, clearly not wanting to interpose herself into Quarter's wrath.

"From my analysis of the scene, it is possible the girl was not even hurt. I saw no visible injuries, and I could not check for breathing or a pulse before the pod closed. Again, that blood may have looked fresh, but it could be a splatter from a while ago which is being preserved. We do not know what opened her pod. The only person capable of unlocking the pods at all that we know of is the worm."

Gettin' Old!

Trix helped Ben up "Hey now, we don't know for sure the girl was dead. We didn't get a good look at the body." He said shakily "Though if the computer was right that girl has been up and about for a long time. She might not be as innocent as she seems." Releasing Ben he added "Though really, Sette was the only one out of our sight. Maybe he didn't escape?"

He gave the girls pod a wary look "If these things are healing pods then perhaps she will be ok assuming it was her blood but I don't think we should undersell that she's been getting up and going back to that Pod for a long time while we were all under I suspect. She's probably a part of Zero's plan"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

Ben accepted the help graciously, nodding to Trix in thanks as he got up. "Look, Quarter, I know this girl must be close to ya, but I'm not lettin' that give you the right to random unrelated information." He then said, a little more firmly than before. "What good's a name? Fer all I know, revealing sensitive information could put my life at risk... 'r someone else's. I don't believe Sette would do this, you do, an' not much'll change that. But nothin' I know can shed any more light on the situation than we already 'ave. 'm just as lost as you are."

Quarter clicked her tongue and put her cane at her side, leaning on it slightly.

"Until I find otherwise, I have to assume that her life is still in danger." said Quarter, and started to walk to her pod. She stopped, briefly, and turned her head back towards the others. "Your fate and hers are now intertwined. If I find that she is dead, and there is still no evidence that exonerates Sette, no earthworm will be able to save you from me."

She got in her pod and sealed it.

Unity watches solemnly as Quarter walks away.

"Are there clues around? That was an awful lot of blood. Did Sette have a weapon? Should we perhaps empty our pockets for weapons?"

She snoops around the A pod and the 7 pod, clearly looking for more hints as to the sequence of events.

"I wonder why this girl is here in the game in the first place, or rather why she's here but not in the game. Her pod is pod 'A' which should indicate she is the tenth player, and yet she was not awoken with the rest of us, and ten is too much for a 'nonary' game. I also do not believe she had any bracelet on her. It's like she's entirely separate from the rest of us. Of course, Zero would have to be a certain variety of screwed up to put an eleven-or-so-year-old in here to suffer."

Gettin' Old!

Trix let out a low phew "Man Quarter is tough with that cane but..." He glanced at the computer "I'm pretty sure Sette was up to something here" He said dusting Ben off before going over to the computer and giving it an unceremonious whack.

"This thing was running for a brief moment there. It showed CCTV footage without Audio of Sette approaching the pod as it opens. There was already blood in the pod and it leaked out then Sette reached in and pulled out a knife." He said glaring at the computer. "Damn thing then turned off just to spite me but y'know...no secrets."

He looked over at Pod A "I mean I like Sette, and I'm glad he didn't kill that girl but the footage suggests he's got a knife now and that he didn't escape."

He looked at Ben sympathetically "It's just... suspicious to me. Don't know what he's doing or where he is now."

He waved to get Unity's attention. "Pod A has been opened and closed repeatedly in a pattern long before we got here. I don't think it's likely she was brought here for the game. Maybe she's Zero's daughter or something?" He said shrugging.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"In our room," Abbot started speaking, "there were 10 pods, just like these. They were labeled 1-9...and A. The ward that contained pod A was sealed, and when we unlocked it there was lots of blood and a dead body. Could the two things be connected? Were we...were we looking at the victim of the last game?"

hi

"I've found something." K-9 motions to some fresh blood splatters on the floor by Pod A. "I saw them when we went to examine the pod. It looks like there's some bloody footprints next to it. They lead over to the left, but they stop quite abruptly." He runs his chin. "Perhaps they belong to Sette, and he carried her in there."

Unity shivers as she reviews the footage.

"That was enough blood that the girl is dead then..."

"Abbot, if nothing else I think that indicates that this is a part of Zero's plan."

[oh the computer is off, so pretend I didn't say I watched it.]

"I suppose this much blood would kill an adult as well."

Shy guy

"Footage shows the girl already in the pod when it opened an' Sette approached." Ben said. "Seems she was already there before he got here. Then blood leaked out, Sette's shoes got splattered an' he walked off to the left. Stopping abruptly by 'is pod, so he must've gone inside it. Don't think there's no other way it coulda happened, given the footage." He stopped to think all that through, before adding "seems likely he wasn't the one who killed her. But I think it's certain he's in his pod now, either way. We'll get our answers after the vote."

Gettin' Old!

"Maybe it was just an escape from his room then? Rather than the whole place?" Trix thought scratching his chin "Also, I can't confirm that the girl was in the pod. Was a whole lot of mist or steam on the footage it was impossible to see inside."

Trix looked at the blood and shivered "For what it's worth, now that I think about it, the blood splattered when it opened rather than leaked.".

Trix paused to think "Y'know...the events of this footage don't make much sense...it might make more sense if we play it in reverse. Then the knife going in followed by the blood spatter lines up."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

The computer is currently shut down and for some reason is not turning on.

Shy guy

"Y'd see a splatter going backwards then, right? Like flowin' the wrong way or something."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded "Yeah you are right it couldn't have been going backwards" he sighed certain he had been on to something.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Why would Sette take the knife? That seems rather unnecessary... It would be most practical for him to not get blood all over himself in order to retrieve a knife! Even if he wanted it for self defense, would he really risk looking so guilty before the AB game?"

Unity stares nervously at the footprints.

"Ah Trix! I still think you are probably right that something about that footage was strange..."

Gettin' Old!

Trix looked over at Unity, "Like what? It was definitely playing the right way."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Hmm... perhaps your interpretation of it? Is there any chance the one with the knife in them was not the girl, but rather Sette? I still don't think it makes much sense for him to take the knife, perhaps if it was tabbed into him and he ran to the treatment pod to try and stabilize himself, that would make some sense of the strange imagery..."

Gettin' Old!

Trix shook his head "No Sette was clear. He approached the pod as it was opening and pulled the knife out of it."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I would think... Um..."

Unity falters.

"Well I am attempting to make heads or tails of that blood splatter if it happened before the knife was taken out... I suppose let me try and walk through it from Sette's perspective. He walks in here to vote, long before any of us show up. Could he have seen that pod A was unlocked? Either way he approaches to open it, perhaps curious of its contents. He is greeted by a splash of red, and realizes that it appears he murdered the girl in front of him. Worriedly, he takes the knife with him, since the girl is clearly dead and since he will regardless be suspected of the murder. Then he enters his pod... Perhaps so that he can hide his presence from the rest of us? Who can say. It would have helped had he stayed out."

"If I phrase it in that matter, it makes it sound like the pod was somehow trapped, and that it would stab the girl if it was opened. The trap was designed to make Sette appear as if he had stabbed the child. I cannot imagine the construction of this trap, but I suppose I do believe in its existence. That explanation is plausible enough for now."

"If that is all there is to say on the matter of this murder, I am ready to vote."

Gettin' Old!

Trix shrugged "I don't even know if he opened the pod. He'd need to have a pretty good grasp of computers to do it. Last time I checked someone had sabotaged pod A's files so I couldn't open them." He crossed his arms "Unless Sette has some serious hidden depths I don't think he could have done that."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Voting PhaseTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Suddenly, there is a strange beep from the computer. The players look around to see something on it:

30 seconds till pods close.

The players tremble in shock. It seems that it's time for them to vote, whether they like it or not. Slowly, they each start getting into their respective pods, Quarter and Sette discounted, and the pods start to shut. Several thoughts proceed through their heads, about Pod A, the girl inside, and Sette. What's happening in this place? What could it all even mean? Perhaps they'll find out when the pods reopen again...

[Voting Phase has started! Please send me your vote in your QT if you haven't already. Phase change occurs in 12 hours.]

Happy Maria

[Apologies for the late phase change, kiiiinda slept in tonight.]

After a while, the pod doors reopen, excluding Pod A and 7. The players all slowly fumble out to check their SCs. Looking at it, they seem satisfied. It seems things went to plan more than last round.

Suddenly, they hear it. The sound of another pod opening. They look around at Pod A, but it seems to still be closed. Which only leaves one pod…7.

"Urgh…"

A man slowly gets up from his pod. His orange hair, ragged clothing and golden locket all seem to be the same…except for the blood splattered over them.

The players subconsciously hear the pod room door reopen, but they don't react to it. After all…Sette's sudden reappearance has taken up their attention now.

[Please check your QTs for your SCs.]

Gettin' Old!

Trix patted himself down as he emerged from the pod before checking his bracelet.

3 SC

With a sigh of relief, Trix flashed a broad smile to Unity and Gemini before looking at the others and starting in surprise.

"Sette?!" He said hopping down from the pod. "You're here? What happened to you?" He paused for a moment "And sorry to see you are still here...but I'm kinda glad. There's a lot of unanswered questions."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Leeloo exits the pod, immediately checking her bracelet. A look of surprise crosses her face for a few moments.

"F-- Four SCs...? How?"

Gettin' Old!

Trix looks over at Leelou "Sounds like you got betrayed." he said matter-of-factly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Trix looks over at Leelou "Sounds like you got betrayed." he said matter-of-factly.

"But I betrayed too..."

Shy guy

"This is the second time the rules ain't worked the way they's meant to." Ben said, throwing an uneasy glance at Sette. "Sette-dude went from 4 down to 1, you went from 6 down to 4 even after pickin' Betray... Mebbe Jim was just lyin' 'bout not bein' able to lie?"

He then turned to face the bloodied seventh player. "Speaking of... sorry to see you're still here, Sette-dude. Was hoping you'd made it out alright."

Gettin' Old!

Trix crossed his arms, tensing up as a possibility occurred to him "Or maybe someone controlled your vote?" he suggested. "In our room we'd found a device that would allow us to set someone else's vote. At first I'd thought it would set their vote and only their vote to something. We used it on ourselves to make sure we'd ally, plus a thing like that could create chaos." he gestured at Unity "Unity seemed to think it gave people an extra vote, in which case she'll probably have 5 SC now from allying twice," he said waiting for Unity to confirm that.

"But if there was a device like that one in our room then it's not impossible that there could be a device that hijacked your vote Leelou."

He scratched his chin "Did you guys decide on a unanimous way of voting in the end?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Trix crossed his arms, tensing up as a possibility occurred to him "Or maybe someone controlled your vote?" he suggested. "In our room we'd found a device that would allow us to set someone else's vote. At first I'd thought it would set their vote and only their vote to something. We used it on ourselves to make sure we'd ally, plus a thing like that could create chaos." he gestured at Unity "Unity seemed to think it gave people an extra vote, in which case she'll probably have 5 SC now from allying twice," he said waiting for Unity to confirm that.

"But if there was a device like that one in our room then it's not impossible that there could be a device that hijacked your vote Leelou."

He scratched his chin "Did you guys decide on a unanimous way of voting in the end?"

"We were supposed to all vote Betray, yes. And I did not exactly have a choice in it, so I chose Betray too. But if someone controlled my vote, then we have one or two people with 9 SCs."

Gettin' Old!

Trix nodded "Sure, if that was the case you'd have really been set up as a sacrificial lamb. Wasn't it Quarter who was pushing for the 'All Betray' plan?" he wondered looking around the other pods. "Well I suppose we'll know when they come out what happened."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Yes, it seems I was correct about how it worked, Trix. Since you made me ally and I myself allied with you... I have five SC's. I do not know how my situation applies to Leeloo's though. Her result does not seem doubled. Perhaps since she was made to vote ally, and tried to contradict that, her own vote did not count. Maybe it was some other item."

"Hopefully Abbot and Quarter will be able to escape now."

Sock

Gemini lets out a sigh of relief as she steps out of her pod, not even checking her bracelet.
It takes her a moment to take in the situation.

"S-Sette? What the hell...? So much for being rescued soon.."

"Oh! Um.. Does anyone know if we're allowed out of the room? I might need to use the restroom.."

"I'd prefer if you remained behind." said Quarter, righting herself from her pod. "Sette, how did you come to be here? And what did you do to the little girl in Pod A?" she added with her voice cracking. "What did you do after you left your hidden exit and wound up here?"
Page 10 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus