Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 2[ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Danganronpa F4 Sign-Up Thread (Closed)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

In honor of the seventeenth anniversary of the day I was brought forth into this world (and Kachu too I guess), Doctor Nanjo and I present to you the sign-up thread for…

(Logo by Lone, who will be contributing even more “special artwork” for this game.)

In case you’re new to this section of the internet, the Danganronpa F series is based on the series of video games of the same name (minus that one letter at the end). The general gist is that a bunch of goofs with special skills get trapped somewhere and have to kill their pals to leave, but then their other pals have to figure out whodunnit in order to not also die. Prospective players need not play the Danganronpa games to participate in this, as it will be largely unrelated beyond the general concept, but the games are a good place to find examples of how NOT to design your characters.

Spoiler: The Format: A DETAILED ANALYSIS
The game will occur largely over five chapters. Each of these chapters will have two phases: Daily Life and the Class Trial.

Daily Life will simply be free roleplaying. You can do pretty much anything you want, except murder your classmates. However, you can prepare to murder your classmates, and this is usually preferable to avoid locking the game into a standstill of people just getting themselves drunk for like five weeks. You can submit your own murder plan if you want, but we may end up ignoring the whole thing, so it’s not necessary. Just send us a message if you’re interesting in killing during that chapter.

Anyway, that's enough talk about death, let's get back to fun anime shenanigans. Each daily life will be set in a different location, and once we make the post introducing it, the players are free to roam about at their leisure. Daily life segments will also occasionally feature Events which usually serve to propel the narrative in some way or put in some juicy conflict in the midst of all that buddy-buddy time. It’ll be a fun time for everyone I’m sure.

Speaking of buddy-buddy time, there are also Free Time Events (FTEs), perfect for getting some juicy one-on-one time with your favorite characters (not too juicy though, my dog reads this). To request an FTE, simply ask us to set one up. More about this later (it’ll basically be the same as F3 though).

But all that fun and games can’t last forever. Sooner or later, some poor sap’s gonna be found DEAD, and that’s when the Class Trial starts!

After some brief GM posts to set up the discovery of the body and the beginning of the trial, everyone will receive a narrative of their alibi and their investigation. Their task is now to identify the blackened, i.e. the one who murdered the victim (though things get a little more complicated if more than one person has died). Meanwhile, the blackened’s task is to not get caught, unless they’d prefer to get caught which is fine but don’t give away the whole plot please thanks in advance.

Anyway, if the students properly identify the blackened, they get executed for their horrific crimes against humanity. If they fail to identify the blackened, the blackened escapes and the innocents get publicly embarrassed. Oh, and one of them dies. To help you all avoid this unfortunate fate, we will allow you to use lifelines to help confirm your theories and/or figure out the truth. More on that later.

Class trials will probably be around four days, and once that’s over and done with, there will be time for an awkward cafeteria scene and then the next chapter will begin.

tl;dr have fun with your friends for a bit and then figure out who killed Timmy or die trying

(If you’re still confused on how this whole shebang works, then go check out Danganronpa F1, F2, and/or F3.)

Now, I bet you’re all wondering how you can get yourself a piece of all this action. Well, like before Danganronpa F3, we’ll begin with an interest period in which people who are, well, interested will make themselves known in this thread, then they will complete the survey at the end of this paragraph to submit their character (hopefully in a timely manner). Then we’ll decide on the full cast and release it at a later date.
https://goo.gl/forms/CUfwex7X2R4sMfq33

If you don’t have time to fill out the survey right this very minute, that’s fine. Just express your interest down below and fill out the survey later. You can also take a look at the survey preview below to begin thinking about your answers. There are even sample answers for the mandatory questions (and three others)! Obviously, don’t copy the sample answers for your own survey. If you do, you will be cancelled, especially because half of these answers are pretty awful lol.
https://imgur.com/a/oXuPHbs

Again, you don’t have to fill out anything but the mandatory questions. However, the more information you provide, the more we’ll be able to incorporate your character into the plot in a satisfying manner.

Spoiler: Plot Premise (Read Before Signing Up)
The Ultimate Junior Talent Society is an international youth honor society devoted to honoring those who have shown to be far outstanding in their field and rewarding them when they show progress. Inductees may be introduced through application or scouting.

Once inducted the society isn’t too tough on anyone: your character may be as active or as inactive as you would like, and you’ll still probably be able to get your hands on funding either way.

The society has scheduled an all expense-paid air cruise around the world, and your character, as a member of the society, was invited.

Whether you decide to go or not, somehow you wind up there anyway. Although you have been to UJTS meetings in the past, you probably won’t know any of the people with you on the trip, so don’t worry about people knowing too much about you.

Spoiler: The Rules
Only the first two bullets here are strict rules; the rest are just “suggestions.” For most of these, you won’t receive any consequences for not following them beyond a stern talking to and intense hatred from basically everyone (though you might end up getting murdered).

1. Try to remain active.
This one should be fairly obvious. Protip: if your character can be replaced with a cardboard cutout of Jerry Seinfeld without having any adverse impact on the plot, you really need to rethink your life choices.

2. PLEASE try to remain active during trials.
We’re emphasizing this because being active during trials is far more important than being active in Daily Life. Sorry, but we don’t care how amazing that game of Cluedo you played in Chapter 3 was; if you ain’t active in the trials, you’re eligible for DEATH.
If you are going to be inactive soon for whatever reason and have a legitimate excuse for it, please contact us so we can work it out. Remember, “These trials are so haaaard guys!” is not a legitimate excuse. What matters is the effort you put in. One can make dozens of posts in a trial and still be wrong about absolutely everything (I should know; I’ve done this several times).

3. Use your got-dang FTEs.
Using your FTEs isn’t mandatory, but it’s a very good idea. Remember, no one likes an edgy loner. If the other characters have no reason to like (or even hate) your character, then neither will the viewers, and then no matter what you do, no one will care. If we imagine that performing well in these games is like running a marathon, then refusing to use FTEs is like shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun before the race begins.

4. Don’t SUCK (literally).
This one’s also fairly clear. No 18+ material when like half the cast probably won’t be over 18.

5. Don’t SUCK (figuratively).
Obviously this is a rather broad and somewhat subjective rule, but please just use common sense. I doubt this is going to be a problem, but I’m just establishing a precedent.

6. We reserve the right to kick you out for any reason.
This would only really happen in cases of extreme SUCKness during sign-ups, and at that point I don’t think anyone would question our decision, but again, we’re just establishing a precedent.

7. No godmodding.
That’s our job.
If the other person’s okay with it, you can do it. But be warned, if you have to godmod to accomplish whatever lofty goal you have, you may be bordering on SUCK.
(godmodding just means saying or implying what other characters are doing aside from your own, when the player of the other character has not already said that was what they were doing)

8. Try to think about what’s best for the overall game.
Maybe you don’t want to see your poor baby shuffle off this mortal coil, but consider the possibility that your character may be able to leave more of a positive impact on the game as a victim or murderer than a survivor.
This rule also applies to Daily Life. A wise man once said, “Roleplaying is basically like improv, and the worst thing you can do in improv is say no.”

9. Be flexible regarding your character’s role in the game.
Remember, we can’t all be Ch5 killer. While we encourage people to have plans for their characters, don’t get too attached to one particular ending, because there’s a good chance it won’t happen. We do want everyone to be satisfied with how they go out though, so if you have new ideas as the game continues, be sure to send them our way.

10. Doctor Nanjo and Planetbox are NOT allowed to sign up for this game!
Sorry guys, looks like you’re gonna have to wait until F5…

Spoiler: FAQ
When will the game start?
Sometime in the first few days of July, 2018 AD.

When will sign-ups end?
The interest period will end probably by the end of the week. Ideally, everyone should have their surveys filled out by the end of the month, otherwise they may not be allowed into the game.

Why are there so many rules and suggestions?
Because we want everyone to have an enjoyable experience. Also because I’m on a power kick. Oh boy, I can’t wait to delete all of Lone’s comments about his sexy Italian boyfriend on Discord.

Can I [insert obvious joke]?
No.

How will you decide on the final cast?
We will mostly be deciding based on how well the characters form a cohesive cast or fit with our setting/plot, but we will also prioritize newcomers and people who have shown themselves to be active in the past.

Will F4 feature the heartwarming origin story of the Monokubs?
It will not. Sorry, smhc123, but we simply don’t think the world is yet prepared for such an avant-garde idea.

Spoiler: Final Cast
1. Franzise Deauxnim
2. lcarus
3. JesusMonroe
4. Kachu
5. MechaQDogg
6. SiRReN
7. Collin1002
8. TheLetterF
9. DootDootDoot
10. Jirou
11. Salem
12. CaptainPancakes
13. Datamatt
14. Southern Corn
15. KamiPanda
16. Vinny_Valens
17. Cesar Zero

Hopefully this will be as painless as possible. If you have any questions, ask them in the thread below or message one of us. Good luck, and bon voyage!
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Danganronpa F4 Sign-Up ThreadTopic%20Title

Hell yeah, I'm in.

I just realized I posted the same thing in the F3 sign up thread

Last edited by Joker on Wed May 23, 2018 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

hi hello hey there ho there

im i n t e r e s t e d

Equipped with Game

Hello it's a me

I'm interested

Sock

hey i'm gonna sign up

cool? cool.

I'm expressing my interest in signing up for this game.

In

hi

[Insert witty introduction stating that I am interested in signing up for this roleplay]

fella

yes hello it's me
i'm interested
mmkay thanks for your time

Interested as heck here.

Yes hello I am feeling the interest yes

Succ Succ

Although I expressed reservation about signing up, I have regained interest in the franchise from a bunch of stupid dr memes. I am ready to die again ;-;

Shy guy

Sign me up!

No other way than to make this mistake.

WE IN THIS

Happy Maria

Sure, I'll join, especially if it's after NG6 ends (though I doubt it will last that long). I'll fill out the survey a bit later, if that's alright.

Happy Maria

Posting here to announce that my survey has been filled to the brim with my character info. Good luck to anyone else!

I'm interested - got an interesting idea for a character too.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Survey's done, good luck to everybody.

After thinking it over way too much, I've decided I might as well try to get in on this. Can't lose anything by trying, right?

I will probably fill the survey soon, I totally have to write something for the prompt it has for the character voice first though.
Signature loading, please wait...

Aaaand I think those are good enough answers. Survey has been sent. Good luck everyone!
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

Oh neat, you're in? I'm actually more optimistic about your performance this time, considering how active you've been as of late. Good luck with getting in!

[put something witty here]

Yeah yeah yeah showin' interest because I'm great

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to join, July is kind of a bad time for me :(. Good luck for everyone else though!

Guess I should get in here while there's still time, here we go again (maybe)

ASCEND

Speaking of time, we're planning to end the interest period on Sunday, so if you have any interest in joining, you'd best post before it's too late.

The survey itself will still be open for a little while after that though, so no need to worry about that yet.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

So if nobody else is planning to join…huh. There's not as many applicants as I expected, actually. Not as much as F2 or F3 or even NG6 (which technically had less applicants but much more in terms of substitutes). Only one person two people will be disappointed this time around!

inb4 one of them's me

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat May 26, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

18 applicants, 16 places.

Happy Maria

Whoops. Must've miscounted.

Okay, well then there's one thing I should say, then, because I don't want to spring this on everyone when we have to make cuts on the cast:

Planetbox and I are heavily considering having 17 players.

Basically we feel decently comfortable inviting another player, and we want as many people to be able to play as possible.

Okay it seems like we're not getting any more interest, and everyone who was expected to respond has responded in some way.

So with that, the interest period is officially closed!

We had eighteen people show interest, and as I said before, we're probably going to have to narrow it down to seventeen players, and the eighteenth person will become an alternate. We will not be able to announce who is an alternate and who is expected to play in July until the last few characters are submitted in the survey, so please get those in soon.

For everyone who has already done the character survey, please patiently await the cast announcement!

Thanks!

Alright, due to someone unfortunately having to drop out, the final cast will be the following:

1. Franzise Deauxnim
    2. lcarus
    3. JesusMonroe
    4. Kachu
    5. MechaQDogg
    6. SiRReN
    7. Collin1002
    8. TheLetterF
    9. DootDootDoot
    10. Jirou
    11. Salem
    12. CaptainPancakes
    13. Datamatt
    14. Southern Corn
    15. KamiPanda
    16. Vinny_Valens
    17. Cesar Zero

Anyway, thanks guys for the great characters! And we look forward to GMing the game for you guys! Also, we might try to get in contact with some of you to try and talk about the details of your character, so keep your eyes open for that!
Re: Danganronpa F4 Sign-Up Thread (Cast Finalized, Subs?)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

Friendly reminder that if anyone else drops out, F4 will be instantly cancelled.

Happy Maria

Whoa, neato! Sorry that Blinky had to drop out, that was quite unfortunate. Still, happy I got in, even if the chances of not doing so were extremely low.

Good luck to the lot of you!

ASCEND

Okay, this might be a bit of a hot take, but someone has to say it, or else it's just gonna happen again. This is by far the worst sign-up thread in the history of F games.

Now, I can already hear you all taking in that first quick breath through your noise, apalled that I would even say anything so cruel and misguided. And I'm sure your fingers are already poised over the keys, ready to type up some ridiculous, raving response about how wrong and awful I am, but just hear me out for a moment.

First of all, the activity level was atrocious. There were no questions. There were no jokes. No nonsensical discussions between two users that I had to shut down with a lame copypasta. There was nothing to give Nanjo or I the impression that any of you even remotely cared about the sign-up thread. This isn't even subjective; this is fact. It was all stricty business like. People just dropped posts and left. The only real discussion was completely pointless, getting immediately shut down by Nanjo because no one had even bothered to check the facts. Really, this is just embarrassing. I'm sure no one would be satisfied if their own game had as disastrous a sign-up period as this, nor should they be (though I do give credit to SC for at least trying, but with everyone else content to just let the dust settle over this wasteland of a thread, there was little he could do)

Second of all, signing up used to be an art form. People used to put in effort. Look at the one for F3, for instance. We had stuff like Panda turning it into a game of hangman, allowing other players to get a meaningful experience out of signing up. Or we had stuff like Franzise signing up through a video, breaking through the traditional boundaries of a text medium. And then we had the intellectual, thought-provoking stuff, like when Pancakes made an allusion to Japanese folklore as he expressed his interest. Was there anything like that here? Heavens no!

Just look at the posts we had! Most of them just threw about the word "interested," taking the easiest possible route to get the job done. That's as cliched as closing an animated movie with an epic dance party. And then, even worse, you get people (not naming any names, but it was Jesus "Jimmy" Monroe) attempting to pull off some minimalist style by only posting the word "In". Wow, you used two of the keys on your keyboard, are we supposed to be impressed? Nope, nobody's impressed, which is precisely the problem.

Frankly, this sign-up thread was a disaster, and it really can't be debated. I hope you'll all decide to step up your game when the next F game or NG comes around. Otherwise, the sign-ups threads are just gonna stagnate at a level as barely passable as this one.

yes this is a joke, get to the main thread and make your dang intro post

Planetbox wrote:
Okay, this might be a bit of a hot take, but someone has to say it, or else it's just gonna happen again. This is by far the worst sign-up thread in the history of F games.

Now, I can already hear you all taking in that first quick breath through your noise, apalled that I would even say anything so cruel and misguided. And I'm sure your fingers are already poised over the keys, ready to type up some ridiculous, raving response about how wrong and awful I am, but just hear me out for a moment.

First of all, the activity level was atrocious. There were no questions. There were no jokes. No nonsensical discussions between two users that I had to shut down with a lame copypasta. There was nothing to give Nanjo or I the impression that any of you even remotely cared about the sign-up thread. This isn't even subjective; this is fact. It was all stricty business like. People just dropped posts and left. The only real discussion was completely pointless, getting immediately shut down by Nanjo because no one had even bothered to check the facts. Really, this is just embarrassing. I'm sure no one would be satisfied if their own game had as disastrous a sign-up period as this, nor should they be (though I do give credit to SC for at least trying, but with everyone else content to just let the dust settle over this wasteland of a thread, there was little he could do)

Second of all, signing up used to be an art form. People used to put in effort. Look at the one for F3, for instance. We had stuff like Panda turning it into a game of hangman, allowing other players to get a meaningful experience out of signing up. Or we had stuff like Franzise signing up through a video, breaking through the traditional boundaries of a text medium. And then we had the intellectual, thought-provoking stuff, like when Pancakes made an allusion to Japanese folklore as he expressed his interest. Was there anything like that here? Heavens no!

Just look at the posts we had! Most of them just threw about the word "interested," taking the easiest possible route to get the job done. That's as cliched as closing an animated movie with an epic dance party. And then, even worse, you get people (not naming any names, but it was Jesus "Jimmy" Monroe) attempting to pull off some minimalist style by only posting the word "In". Wow, you used two of the keys on your keyboard, are we supposed to be impressed? Nope, nobody's impressed, which is precisely the problem.

Frankly, this sign-up thread was a disaster, and it really can't be debated. I hope you'll all decide to step up your game when the next F game or NG comes around. Otherwise, the sign-ups threads are just gonna stagnate at a level as barely passable as this one.

yes this is a joke, get to the main thread and make your dang intro post

This is so sad Alexa play Despacito
Re: Danganronpa F4 Sign-Up Thread (Closed)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

maybe if you posted the finished cast picture here we'd talk more pb how about that

ASCEND

To be fair Discord hasn't even seen the full cast pic yet

Happy Maria

im not even on discord anymore who needs to give em special privileges show it here #equalopportunity

ASCEND

FRICK you SC from one day ago here's the cast pic

Sprites by Kachu, Panda, and two by Lone. I dunno how he stuck this stupid Jerry loser in the pic but he did somehow

Happy Maria

:D

Wait then who's the Final Fantasy guy did I miss something?
Page 1 of 2 [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus