Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 19 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Final Room PhaseTopic%20Title

ASCEND

"Doesn't seem that obvious to me," Sette says, shrugging. "But maybe that's cause I was locked in that pod for so long."

"Anyway, before we go, maybe we should try to get that locked box open... or at least take it into one of the rooms in case we need it later."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob just sobs slightly, had things worked out better he would have been entering this next room with his wife while everyone else had someone to go with them.

He takes a small device out of his pocket and activates it before offering it to K-9.

"It's a wiretap thing...it'll...it'll let me hear what's going on your room. If your listening device still has some charges left then this way we'll be able to do some burst communication like if you get stuck at a puzzle or something." He placed it down on the table "Take the bug part...or don't I don't really care."

He moved over and gave Enia a sullen hug. "Seems all of Claudia's questions were answered anyway. You're the sub-zero, though maybe she let you believe you were the real one. Sette stole you as a baby and Abbot was the killer." he sighed releasing her and drying his eyes.

"I'll see you later." he muttered before walking off back to the pod room to move the sleeping girl.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

hi

K-9 takes the device off the table, pocketing it and heading to the right door.

Happy Maria

Trix slowly puts in the girl into the sleeping pod in the centre, and it closes, obscuring her once more. Suddenly, the players hear the doors opening. They all walk through- Trix through the left, Leeloo and Ben through the middle, and Sette and K-9 through the right. What lies behind? Will they find out?

…Apparently so. The first thing the players notice is that the three rooms all have glass walls, allowing them to see into the other rooms as well. They shout at each other, and it seems they can be heard through the glass. Unfortunately, the doors shut close behind them, trapping them in their respective rooms. They decided to look around. It seems all their rooms are similar in most aspects. They all have three seats with numbers on them and a screen in front of each. The left has seats 1, 2 and 3; the middle 4, 5 and 6; and the right 7, 8 and 9. Above each set of three seats is an even bigger screen. For each room, there is also a box in the corner.

As the players finish examining their surrounding, suddenly the large screen in the middle lights up. On the screen is Zero- Claudia. She starts talking without wasting any time.

"Welcome to the finale of the game. After this ends, you are all free to leave. So without any further ado, I shall explain some things." She clears her throat before continuing. "As a parapsychologist, I have put a good deal of research into it, but I doubt that most of you are familiar with the morphogenetic field. To put it simply, it is the collective consciousness, where information is stored.. It is how we receive and give out information. Think of it like several computers in a single server- each is its own working device, but they are all connected to one main computer. Like that, all information is kept together in the morphogenetic field. Most people, however, aren't able to normally connect to the field so easily. But those who can are called espers. There are mostly two kinds- those who can send information through the field, and those who can receive information through it. Of course, to connect to the field, two things are required to enhance it- danger, and epiphany. The danger in is case has to be life or death- the highest of stakes. Epiphany…I'm sure you all know. You have all attempted some puzzles in this facility, yes? You remember the feeling that comes to you when you figure out the solution? That is what I refer to as an epiphany. And now, I come to my main point."

Claudia taps her cane at the camera.

"You, my dear players…are all strong espers. At one point or another, you went through a life or death scenario that enhanced your esper abilities. It varies, but I find that you all do have a good capability of accessing the field. The room phases in this game have been to see how good you are at puzzle solving and to make you achieve epiphany. The events in the game which put your lives on the line? That was to make you experience life or death danger. Perhaps you may be wondering- "But if this is all true, I don't remember accessing this field!" But by now, you already should have. Save one, your memories were all wiped while you were in the pods, and you must have been slowly regaining them throughout. But how did you get these back?" She gives a smile toward the players. "As events of the past began to resurface, you started accessing the field and gaining your memories back. Forgive me if this does not seem fair to you- I had to do so so that to reawaken your esper abilities. And by now, I am quite sure you shall be able to quite easily. So let me tell you something else- the reason the game is still being hosted, even after the last voting phase ended."

She pauses so that the players can take all of this in.

"It was for her." Claudia looks down sadly. "The girl in Pod A, as you knew her…is my grandniece, Annabelle Bennett. Three years back, she was in a particularly threatening accident that put her in a coma and killed her parents. The details of the accident itself don't particularly matter, but I took care of her in this facility, all alone. Every week I came her and checked on her. She was asleep every time. The poor girl has been sleeping away her childhood. W-what was I going to do with her?" She suddenly starts heavily leaning on her cane. "It looked hopeless. I wasn't sure if she'd ever wake up. Then I realised what I had to do. I needed a group of strong espers. I needed to bring them here not of their own volition, and the danger aspect had to be present. I wiped out their memories for the most part, so that they could start regaining it through the field. I co-designed the puzzle games to bring in the epiphany factor. And it was all for her. I believe that with this final set of puzzles, you should be able to connect to the field, and access her own consciousness…and reach her. I believe that with enough pressure, you should be able to reawaken her consciousness…and her. Once you achieve that, the pod will open, and you shall all be free to go. Hopefully you all understand now- I never did it all for some twisted form of revenge or because I'm a psychopath. I did it so that I could save a child- save my only family. That is why I hosted the Nonary Game: The Quest for Annabelle Bennett."

The players simply stand there, shocked. This was the reason the whole time? Claudia smiles at them in a sorrowful way.

"I truly believe that you will all be able to achieve this. Even if this ends up killing me, it shall all be worth it for this one moment." She wipes a tear from her eye, and tries to stand straight. "If, however, saving a little girl is not enough of a prize for you"- she regards the players coldly- "Then there is more. There is some treasure you shall receive. Feel free to split it among yourselves as you wish. You shall also be able to escape this facility and enter back into society. All you must do is this. And speaking of, perhaps I should start detailing the rooms themselves." She chuckles strangely.

"Very well, then. Now each of your rooms have three seats on them with a scream in front of each. Once you take a seat, you shall be restrained to it and then you shall be given 3 puzzles to solve. Once you achieve so, the seats will unlock. Each screen has three unique puzzles of its own, and when all puzzles in a room have been solved, the giant sceeen above them will display a final, much grander puzzle, which when solved, shall open the box in the respective corner. Each box has a large hammer which can be used to break the glass walls and perhaps help the other groups with their own puzzles. Till then, however, you all shall be restrained in respective groups of three, though you are still free to talk to each other. Oh, and one other thing. These rooms will be…more higher stakes than previous ones. See above you?"

The players all quickly glance up. They see a large tank of water above each room.

"Very good, you noticed, then", says Claudia, nodding. "If you fail to solve the puzzles and wake up Annabelle, the water tanks above each room will open, drowning you all. A horrid end to be sure, but it shall be done. There needs to be a sense of life or death danger, after all. Oh, and I suggest you be quite careful with the puzzles here. If you manage to get even one puzzle wrong…let's just say it shall be the last puzzle you will ever attempt here", she says, snapping her fingers. "Anyway, I believe everything important for the time being has been properly been imparted. That is all. Any further questions can be left for later, thank you very much. Goodbye. I hope you all succeed", she says grimly, and the camera shuts off.

The players start with a newfound sense of vigor. This truly is the end now! After this, they'll finally get the answers they deserve. It's time…time to:

SAVE A
LITTLE GIRL

Last edited by Southern Corn on Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Happy Maria

[Phase Change shall occur in 3 days from now.]

Gettin' Old!

Jacob sagged clearly unenthused "Maybe I'll just kill the little girl when I get back there just to spite Claudia." He muttered darkly "I still don't see how her 'science' works. Every piece of recall I had came from seeing something connected to my past not danger. Like a reminder rather than any of this psychic nonsense she's going on about."

He hefted the baseball bat "If all it takes is a hammer to break down these barriers I don't see why I couldn't just smash through here." He said looking at the others.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I wouldn't attempt that," Enia says. "You might still get penalized. In any case... I do not think we have a choice now."

Gettin' Old!

Jacob sighed "Fine, lets just get this over with." he muttered going to sit in the chair.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

As Trix sits in his seat, the restraints come on and the screen lights up.

Happy Maria

[12 hours will be given to solve each set of puzzles.]

Gettin' Old!

Raising his voice Jacob shouts

"It cannot be seen, cannot be felt
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.
What is it?"

After a pause he also shouts

"Without using any mathematical operations, how do you make the number '7' even?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Three people died fer this? At least? Could even be more still. Don't seem worth it ta me..." Ben muttered, getting in his chair.

Calling back to Trix, he said "first one sounds like... space? Or darkness? Or silence? I dunno, not sure what fits all o' them things. Fer th' second one though, just remove the 's' from 'seven' ta make it 'even'."

Happy Maria

Ben gets in his chair,and the restraints come up. The screen lights up as well.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob nods "Yeah...Quarter thinks one little girls life is worth more than my wife, her own and Unity's. She's just a selfish bitch in my eyes. Thanks for the hint about 'Seven'"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

[Some clarification: Your 12 hours won't start until you start attempting the puzzles.]

ASCEND

"Yeah, I agree, this wasn't really worth it," Sette says, "But that girl had nothing to do with this... so we might as well try to give her her life back."

"Anyway, let's do this..." Sette gets into his chair.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

The restraints come up for Sette, and the screen turns on.

Enia sighs and sits on the chair.

Happy Maria

The restraints fasten as well, and the screen starts on.

Shy guy

"So, my turn." Ben spoke up, trying to shout through the glass.

"What has roots that nobody sees,
is taller than a tree,
up, up it goes and yet never grows?"

" 's not a skyscraper, though 'pparently that's close?"

Gettin' Old!

Jacob shrugged "Well if your guess is close then my feelings aren't accurate. My mind jumped to number roots or family trees."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

hi

"I suppose, as a detective, it's my job to protect the innocent. Even if Quarter's methods are despicable, her granddaughter deserves life." K-9 sits down in his chair.

Happy Maria

The restraints come up and the screen turns on. It appears everybody is in the same boat now.

Happy Maria

The sounds of restraints coming off are heard from the middle room. The players look up and see Ben standing up. It appears he cleared all his puzzles.

Shy guy

"Fuckin' riddles, hate riddles..." Ben muttered, standing up awkwardly. "So what, I need ta do Quarter's now?" He then said, going over to check. "Crazy loon, why'd she even set up puzzles for herself, this's all stupid..."

Happy Maria

Ben takes Quarter's seat, and the restraints pop up once more. It seems her set is still to be done too.

Happy Maria

The sound of the restraints coming off is heard once more. It's...Ben again! Apparently he put quite quick work to Claudia's puzzles.

Shy guy

Standing up again, he tottered over to Enia. "How's it going, Leeloo?"

"Err... not well." Enia looks up at Ben. "It's just-- there is one more puzzle I am so close to solving, but I just cannot get through the last phase."

Shy guy

Ben shrugged. "Just gimme a shout if you wan' me ta look at it."

Happy Maria

The sound of more restraints coming off is heard- from the left room? It seems Trix finished his set.

KamiPanda wrote:
Ben shrugged. "Just gimme a shout if you wan' me ta look at it."

"Please, take a look at my puzzle. I am having a hard time figuring it out."

Gettin' Old!

Muttering a curse under his breath Jacob sits down in Unity's chair
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

As Trix gets into his chair, the restraints come up and the screen lights up as per usual.

At around the same time, the sound of restraints coming off is heard from the middle room. It seems Leeloo has finished her set, presumably with Ben's help. Now the giant screen lights up with a much larger puzzle. The other players can see it, but only Ben and Leeloo can solve it.

The puzzle

Rules: Shade (or black out) cells so that there are no duplicate numbers in each row and column. Shaded (eliminated) cells may not be horizontally and vertically adjacent. The remaining white cells must form a single component and not be isolated.

Happy Maria

The sound of restraints coming off are heard again. This time it's from the right room. Sette's set is complete.

Happy Maria

Ben puts in the correct answer and the screen goes blank. There is also the sound of something vaguely clicking open in the room.

Shy guy

Ben unhurriedly went to take the hammer from the box, before setting about breaking down both the glass walls. "Won't have ta shout this way!"

He then went over to the more immediately free chair, the other one in Trix's room.

ASCEND

"Good job, Ben! We're making great progress here!" Sette shouts, "Now, I'll take this one." He sits down in Abbot's chair.

Happy Maria

The glasses on both walls smash down. It seems the players are now united.

Ben sits on Gemini's seat and the restraints come on with the screen starting up.

Same with Sette sitting in Abbot's chair.

Gettin' Old!

Jacob turns his head as the others enter the room "Good timing, I was just about to start my own set."

He examined the screen and said aloud

"A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50." The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?"

"There are 20 people in an empty, square room. Each person has full sight of the entire room and everyone in it without turning his head or body, or moving in any way (other than the eyes). Where can you place an apple so that all but one person can see it?"

Jacob mused for a moment before speaking up

"For the second one, I think you'd probably put it on someone's head then that person couldn't see it but I'm really uncertain what the first answer is. I can't think of any simple reason why the boy wouldn't lie." he muttered.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 19 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus