Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 2[ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Nonary Game 6 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

By the way, since it's the post-game thread... Care to tell us the hidden messages in the phrases we couldn't figure out?

To refresh your memory, the phrases are as follow:

GRAND AS ICE NINE

ESPERS? HALF 'EM OVER!

HAPPY, ENNIA?

We knows that 'CELLO SEES WORM' is an anagram of 'WELCOME LOSERS'.

The rest... We don't know what the hidden messages are within these phrases.

Shy guy

Also what was the deal with Freeze-Drying?

Gettin' Old!

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
By the way, since it's the post-game thread... Care to tell us the hidden messages in the phrases we couldn't figure out?

To refresh your memory, the phrases are as follow:

GRAND AS ICE NINE

ESPERS? HALF 'EM OVER!

HAPPY, ENNIA?

We knows that 'CELLO SEES WORM' is an anagram of 'WELCOME LOSERS'.

The rest... We don't know what the hidden messages are within these phrases.

Huh yeah I'd forgotten about those.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Nags a ramTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
GRAND AS ICE NINE

GRANDNIECE'S IN A

Quote:
ESPERS? HALF 'EM OVER!

SAVE HER FROM SLEEP

Quote:
HAPPY, ENNIA?

AN EPIPHANY

Also there was no deal with freeze drying, you were just reading into it too much Kami :p

Happy Maria

Anyway, I would also appreciate some input on the character endings before I start writing them, I'm still not sure how to do Trix, Leeloo and Sette specifically so it'd be nice if I got some help on that.

Shy guy

That feels like way too much of a coincidence to have been nothing at all XD

For those wondering, the codes for the safe right at the beginning were ξημψηζβλφ and πηψωηθδωζ. Put those together in google translate and it apparently translates to "freeze drying", a method for freezing things (especially biological things) in a way that minimally damages them. Which brings to mind the idea of putting people into cold sleep stasis.

So, it was probably a red herring, but I highly doubt it was just a super coincidental combination of random Greek letters.

Happy Maria

I swear it was totally a coincidence XD Originally they weren't even Greek letters, they were random symbols but I decided to randomly change them to Greek at the last second without actually considering what they meant. So yes, it's cool that that happened, but there's no super secret meaning there or anything XD

Shy guy

You just coincidentally picked 18 characters that when put in the very specific order they were given to us in, translate to something that ties strongly to Jack. Right.

I had a great time, especially because I managed to escape alive! :P The only change I might have suggested for Johnny is that his win-condition was to discover and kill the detective assigned to his case. Would have given me additional motivation not to escape, especially since as is proven, it was possible to escape the first round without anyone discovering who I really was. If I hadn't been watching my back and didn't have the knife, Claudia would have succeeded in making me stay though.

For Abbot's ending, it should obviously go one of two ways - he either continues to elude K-9 (maybe go back home to Mama after all this and continue studying there), or he gets caught and goes to jail :)

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
You just coincidentally picked 18 characters that when put in the very specific order they were given to us in, translate to something that ties strongly to Jack. Right.

Yes XD I'm not lying here, the game is over and I no longer have reason to hide this stuff from you. It was a coincidence and nothing more, and I shall stick to this. The actual message was 'MADJACKJR' and 'PANDAREUS', not this weird freeze drying stuff.

SiRReN wrote:
I had a great time, especially because I managed to escape alive! :P The only change I might have suggested for Johnny is that his win-condition was to discover and kill the detective assigned to his case. Would have given me additional motivation not to escape, especially since as is proven, it was possible to escape the first round without anyone discovering who I really was. If I hadn't been watching my back and didn't have the knife, Claudia would have succeeded in making me stay though.

For Abbot's ending, it should obviously go one of two ways - he either continues to elude K-9 (maybe go back home to Mama after all this and continue studying there), or he gets caught and goes to jail :)

Yep, you did pretty great! Fair enough, though your win condition would have been very hard to fulfil had things not gone your way and you didn't win the RNG.

I already have Abbot's ending in mind :p He won't be caught though, since he won perfectly. Though that does kinda put a damper on K-9's ending.

Southern Corn wrote:
SiRReN wrote:

Yep, you did pretty great! Fair enough, though your win condition would have been very hard to fulfil had things not gone your way and you didn't win the RNG.

I already have Abbot's ending in mind :p He won't be caught though, since he won perfectly. Though that does kinda put a damper on K-9's ending.

Yes, very true! If even one person had found out it's likely I wouldn't have fulfilled my win-condition. If my win-condition then was only to kill the detective and escape, that might have been more balanced in difficulty. Afterall, what do I care if they all know who I am? They have no connection to the police force.

Gettin' Old!

Pssshaaaw Jacobs ending is easy, c'mon man you already know how it should go. Clearly one of the others (excepting Enia) murdered Jennifer by shooting her with soporil so she couldn't vote. It's the only explanation!

It was too risky (and rules constricted) to murder everyone there so clearly Jacob is going to plead to go away with his daughter, knock K-9 out with the bat if he has to go away with his genius super villain daughter and get a second shot at murdering all the people who both ruined Enias life and presumably killed Jennifer.

Piece of cake.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ASCEND

And then in Sette's ending he pilots the submarine into a trench and everybody dies, leading to rampant speculation over which ending is actually canon.

And then in Ben's he buys a taco stand.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Those weren't particularly helpful but thank you now I'll rewrite Ben's ending instead.

Gettin' Old!

Its given me some fun ideas about how I'd like to run another Nonary game. Though much like last time I think I'm dreaming too grand. Would definitely take a lot of prep.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

NG7 will secretly be about Jacob getting revenge on everyone else including Annabelle while also hoping to somehow resurrect his wife.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
NG7 will secretly be about Jacob getting revenge on everyone else including Annabelle while also hoping to somehow resurrect his wife.

Nothing so trite :P Counting on my ending for that, not worth another game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Alright, some good news here! First, the rooms have been appropriately posted in their respective posts in the main thread. Hopefully this should make it easier to read.

Secondly, I kinda felt a little nauseous today (clearly as a punishment for hosting this game) so I decided to stay back home and rest. Don't worry, I only vomited twice, but the good news is that I'll probably be here tomorrow as well. Hopefully this will give me more time to start working on everyone's endings. Till then, see y'all later!

Happy Maria

Alright, I think I made some good progress in terms of writing the endings. Only Leeloo and Trix remain, really. Still a little unsure how I'll handle it but we'll see how it goes later, I guess.

Also here's a picture I made of the cast of NG6.

Spoiler: I know it looks trashy but I tried

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Alright, I think I made some good progress in terms of writing the endings. Only Leeloo and Trix remain, really. Still a little unsure how I'll handle it but we'll see how it goes later, I guess.

Also here's a picture I made of the cast of NG6.

Spoiler: I know it looks trashy but I tried

National Lampoon's insane murder vacation.

Of course that depends if Leeloo still has her taste for murder. Maybe she's reformed!

I wish I had chosen a better picture in hindsight. I went into the game completely ignoring Jacobs age and pictured him in the 20s. Though some of the old man Hipsters did look interesting enough when I googled them but they were all about the facial hair which I'd already established didn't exist by the time I realised.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

My favourite part of Trix was his unfitting profile picture, really.

Oh, and Leeloo's ending will probably feature her in jail, sorry Trix.

Gettin' Old!

Waaaah?

Aw man don't kick me when I'm down. There's enough criminals here to overpower K-9 and at least get away.

Guess my ending will need to be a jail break then.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

I don't think either Ben or Sette have any motivation to help Trix though :p Plus Ben has his dart gun and K-9 his taser. I think I'll be going for something more sweeter and less violent for Trix and Leeloo's ending, actually XD

Gettin' Old!

Perhaps, though it's not like the thought of murdering Leeloo hasn't crossed Trix's mind either. She's also indirectly responsible for them being there, just can't be directly responsible for Jennifer's death and is more likely to help kill the others.

Trix is going to need a lot of therapy.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Indirectly?"? She still co-hosted the game and knowingly made her own parents participate in it. Not that she could help kill the others though, what with her being handcuffed with no available weapons and all. At this point, she's probably accepted defeat and is fine with being arrested.

Though yeah, Trix definitely needs to see a psychotherapist after this XD

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
"Indirectly?"? She still co-hosted the game and knowingly made her own parents participate in it. Not that she could help kill the others though, what with her being handcuffed with no available weapons and all. At this point, she's probably accepted defeat and is fine with being arrested.

Though yeah, Trix definitely needs to see a psychotherapist after this XD

:P Yeah I believe that perfectly matches up with indirectly killing someone. Still I meant she'd be likely to help with murder plans after her jail break.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

She directly killed Unity too for revenge :p So yeah, she'd be one heck of an assistant especially for NG7.

Happy Maria

Just wanted to mention that I've now sent all the endings to their respective players! Pierre, Matt, PB, Kami, SiRReN and Blinky please all check your PMs. If you all have some problem with your ending, feel free to mention it. If not, please say so and I'll mark yours as ready to go.

Happy Maria

Aaaand that's it! All the endings are up now! Well, most of them are more cliffhangers than endings, but you get the gist. Either way, this now officially ends the game! Thank you all for playing and I hope you enjoy reading everyone's endings.

Gettin' Old!

Totally shipping RobinXEdwin.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Edwin wrote:
You're Robin my Hart right now, Sette-dude ;)

Oh wow XD The real reason the ending was "Sette/Ben".

Of course not that that ship will last long considering Trix's master plan :p

ASCEND

I really have no explanation for this, sorry.

Spoiler: Nonary Game 7 - Trix’s Tricky Tricks
At last, Jacob and Leeloo’s plan was nearing completion. They would soon discover the identity of the monster that had killed Jennifer just a year before.

It was all too easy to kidnap the three suspects in her murder, especially after he discovered that they all went to the same high school somehow. So, Jacob went to the high school armed with soporil, just in time for the high school reunion.

Edwin and Robin were hanging out drinking some punch when they noticed someone familiar. “Hey, Robin… Isn’t that Jacob?”

Robin leered at the man who was rapidly approaching with a comically large syringe. “Nah, I don’t think so… Look at that beard. He looks like the kind of guy who hasn’t left his mom’s basement in fifteen years!”

“Holy crap, it’s you guys,” Harold said, approaching the two of them. “Better watch out I’ve got a taser!”

“What cabbage man, this is bad!” Robin observed.

Suddenly they all fell unconscious.

An interminably long amount of time later they all woke up tied to some chairs and also there was a table in front of them. But in front of that table was Trix I mean Jacob, except they couldn’t see him yet because it was just the back of his chair.

“Mwahaha he said” he said “So, you’re arrived.”

“Hey, boss-man,” Ben said turning to Harold. “This your idea of a guy’s night out?”

“NO!”

Suddenly Trix turned around and he was stroking a really REALLY FAT cat named Garfielf. He now had a beard.

“Whoa,” Robin says, “He looks like the kind of guy who hasn’t left his mom’s basement in fifteen years!”

“That’s funny…” Ben remarks, “Don’t recall being stabbed by any ol’ big needle myself…”

“What’s your problem?” Jacob said, “I didn’t use a needle I put soporil in the punch.”

“Oh, who was that guy with the big needle then?” Robin asked.

“The mailman,” Harold explains.

“Oh, cool.” Robin says, “Why are we here again?”

“Because your pitiful game is OVER!” Jacob explained, getting up from his chair which was kinda hard because he had arthritis or something now. “I know what you did!”

Ben turned white as a sheet. “H- How did you find out I stole a cookie jar from Mark Zuckerberg’s house?”

“Wait, what?” Robin shouts, “You did that without me?”

“NO NO NO NO NO NO NON NONO NONO !” Jacob shouts, “One of you PIECES OF POO killed my wife, didn’t you? I know it’s true I looked it up on Wikipedia.”

“Look, man,” HArold says, checking his watch. “How much longer is this gonna be? I have to pick up my daughter from soccer practice.”

“Dude, sports are a scam,” Ben added, “Have her take piano lessons instead”

“ENOUGH!” Pierre shouted, throwing Garfielf at Edwin in a fit of rage but luckily Garfielf vanished into an interdimensional time vortex before anything happened. “You won’t be picking up your daughter from soccer lessons or piano practice! You see, we’re gonna play a bit of a GAME! …The Nonary Game!”\

“Aw fuck not again” Robin said.

“I hope I get to be 1 this time he’s the coolest,” Edwin remarks.

“Umm, excuse me,” Harold responds, deliberately sounding as smug as possible. “But how do you expect us to have a Nonary Game with only three players?”

“Morphogenetic field cloning, of course!”

Suddenly two clones of Robin, Edwin, and Harold walked into the room.

“Aw fuck not again” all Robins said at once.

“Oh cool,” Harold says, “Now I’ll have three times as many Me’s to catch Johnny.”

“Oh, hey… I’m lookin’ good today!” Edwin says.

“Well you’re gonna be looking bad after the first voting phase, which starts now!” Jacob shouted, waving his fists in the air like he was doing a bad Skeletor impression.

Nine big buttons appeared on the table that said “Ally or Betray?”

“Okay dudes press a button here’s the rules. You’ll win old crappy sandals based on rather you ally or betray and you’ll be in groups of three. All ally and everyone gets two sandals, all betray and you lose one sandal, ally and betray and the traitors get three sandals and the alliers lose two.”

Suddenly JesusMonroe showed up. He said “I also think the both betray: -1 BP instead of -0 BP made it so people were more likely to cooperate”

“Fuck you bitch this is my goddamn game I’ll do what I fucking want.” Jacob pulled out a wicked knife and stabbed JM in the face and he died.

“Aw shit looks like F4 is cancelled.” Robin mumbled sadly.

“Anyway do the voting thing.”

Everyone pressed ally.

“Fuck” Jacob said.

“Okay, what now?” Harold asks.

“It’s the first discussion phase. Time to figure out why this game was set out and by who, if you can!”

Harold thinks for a few seconds and says, “Didn’t you say that it was to figure out who killed Jennifer?”

“Double fuck.”

“Dude can you stop fucking swearing my mom might read this!” Robin shouts.

“Okay fine,” Jacob says, then he starts pacing around the room all scary-like. “Well then, it’s time for the final discussion phase. Can you figure out who killed my wife?”

“…Didn’t she forget to vote like a scrub?” Edwin said.

“No way!” Jacob waved his arms around in a circle all angry-like and that weird anime rage symbol thing showed up on his forehead. “One of you fricks shot her with soporil and killed her, I just know it!”

“Dude, I didn’t even touch your wife,” Robin says, “I did steal some superglue from her though.” He pulls out a bottle of superglue.

Jacob gasps in horror. “That’s the superglue I used to glue her wedding ring to her finger so she’d marry me! I knew you did it!”

“Have you ever considered the possibility that you’re just totally delusional?” Harold asks.

Jacob glares at HArold and says, “Have yiou ever considered the possibility that your mom gay?”

“Ooh, ouch…” Edwin says, “He’s got ya’ there, boss-man.”

“Well I mean I don’t even have a mom cause my dads are gay,” Harold explains, “Also no u”

“OOOOHHHHHH” All Robin’s say at once and then blow a bunch of airhorns.

The Edwin’s walk over to Trix and then pat his back “Look, man. You’re falling deep into your grief like… like somekind a spirally abyss thing and you need to get a hold of yourself or you’re gonna waste away in a cardboard box in an ally in Cincinnati.”

“NO!” Trix cries out in dismay. “Not Cincinnati!”

“Exactly,” Edwin continues, “Look man, I know a pretty good grief counselor who might be able to help you. Let’s just get going.”

Suddenly Jacob roundhouse kicks Edwin so hard that he flies away and bounces off the walls like a billion times. “No, not until I find who killed Jennifer!”

“[insert witty comeback]” Robin says.

Suddenly Trix pulls out a gun and kills all the clones.

“Yo, that’s not cool, man.”

Harold shrugs. “Guys, I think he’s a lost cause. Let’s just go.”

Everyone tries to walk out but Jacob blocks the door and he has a GUN. “No, you ain’t leaving! Not until I get justice for JENNIFER!”

“You better let us leave.” Robin says, pulling out a disc. “Or I’ll make you watch the Emoji Movie.”

“No, don’t you dare!” Jacob shouts, “You wouldn’t!”

Robin says, “The world we live in. It's so... Wondrous. Mysterious. Even magical. No... No no no.. Not that world. I meant this one. The smartphone. Each…

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” jACOB screams and runs away.

“Nice,” Edwin says and everyone leaves. The Nonary Game is over.

Jacob is left behind crying when he hears a voice from above him. “Hello, Trix.”

Jacob looks up through his tears. “J- Jesus? Is that you?”

“No, you stabbed him in the face earlier, remember?”

“Oh right I forgot,” Trix sighs, “Who are you then?”

“I am Jennifer’s killer,” the scary voice explains, “I am Kachu”

“Oh noooooo!” Jacob shouts, “Wait, who the fuck are you?”

“I really didn't add up to the rest of the players, and then kicked the bucket near the end for no real reason. Which made the last parts of the game not as spectacular as it could've been. Pierre has been amazing, and I only wish I put that much effort into this too. I could only imagine how much better this would've been if I did.” Kachu explains.

“Spirit! Great demon!” Trix exclaims, “You speak in riddles! I must know, why did Jennifer die?!”

“I totally accept blame here.” Kachu continues, “I could've just voted right away, easy as that. Yeah, it kinda reeeeallly sucked that it had to be this way, but I could've prevented it by just getting it done with.”

“Wh- What are you saying?” Jacob asks, “You mean, she just didn’t vote? B- But why? How?”

Suddenly Kachu shot Jacob with a laser beam vaporizing him instantly and he died.

The end.

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Of course you don't have an explanation for this, this is clearly an epiphany you got allowing you to access the morphogenetic field and find out the NG7 plot. Favourite part was when Edwin, Robin and Harold all went to the same high school even though they all studied in different countries entirely, and also the part where you blatantly copy-pasted random quotes from this very thread. 9/10 fic, but 1 mark offed for not including everyone's favourite element of NG6- the SCs.

Ironically still not as inappropriate as my NG5 fanfic

Shy guy

It ties together NG5 and NG6 perfectly, while also being a masterwork in and of itself.

Gettin' Old!

Shut down the Oscars! Stop all the awards! The pinnacle of art has been located.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

It's been a minute, but thanks to Southern Corn for hosting the game. I had a fun time in my short tenure.

Happy Maria

Oh wow XD Sure, thanks for playing as well. I agree with JM that the ending would have been much better had you survived, and it would've helped you get more into your character. Still, happy you enjoyed!
Page 2 of 2 [ 77 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus