Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 43 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch2 Daily Life)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
James had returned from the wave pool to the normal pool. Seeing everyone there, he raised his eyebrow. "I didn't know you all were capable of swimming", he muttered quietly, and then sat down nearby, not attempting to make any further interaction.

"Why hello James!" Koichi said enthusiastically, sitting next to James. "How are you doing today?"

The kindness was disturbing...and noticeably strange when considering his actions.

"Terrible." James didn't elaborate any further.

V.A.L reentered the swimming area, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a sun hat. Who or what had put the articles of clothing on it was anyone's guess, but V.A.L. seemed happy judging by it's happy beeps.

ASCEND

((Hey guys, it’s time for Event Wednesday! Or… Evednesday? Basically, we have three exciting events lined up for today, so get ready and have fun!))

((And this is after a timeskip or something I guess))

8:00 A.M

“Hey, V.A.L. This thing mean anything to you?”

Urumi walks up to V.A.L. holding out a red chip that looks somewhat like an SD card. Printed across the top is “V.A.L.”, and written on the bottom in sharpie is “Sunset”

“Bzzt, why this appears to be one of my memory cards!” V.A.L. replied, “May I ask, where did you find it?”

“It was stashed in one of the girls’ lockers,” Urumi explains, “That’s what that key we found in the control room was for, apparently.”

“I see,” V.A.L. replies, “Well, please load it into my memory banks! There’s a slot in my head for doing just that. Do be careful, though! You wouldn’t want to dislodge the chip I’m currently using, bzzt.”

“Oh, uhh… sure, I’ll try.”

Urumi walks around V.A.L. and notices a panel in the back of its head. She reaches a hand into the opening there and pulls it open. Inside are a few empty slots, which look like the slots of a toaster. One is occupied, most likely with the chip V.A.L. was using.

Urumi quickly places the chip in one of the empty slots, closes the panel, and walks away. V.A.L. seems to be focusing on something, but at the moment it looks unresponsive.

((Also like everyone else is here right now for some reason.))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Master V.A.L? Is everything alright? You're still, uh, functioning, right? Do you need your parts oiled again?" Florian asks with concern. "And why would that memory card be in the locker room...?"

V.A.L. raised a clawed hand to its head, and to those paying close enough attention, they could see that it was shaking.

"I...bzzt. I...I...I...I-I-I-I-I-I-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII," V.A.L stuttered out, the lights of it's eyes flashing rapidly on and off. "Abby," it finally beeped helplessly, and nearly crumpled into itself as it bent over and held it's head.

"Abby? That chick is still relevant?" Jack asked, confused. "You doing alright, bro?"

V.A.L. looked up at Jack slowly. "I...knew her, bzzt," the robot answered. "Before....this, bzzt. I...protected her. She was my...friend, bzzt. And now...bzzzzzzzt. Nowwwwwwwwww-w-w-w-w-w-w...." V.A.L. looked miserable, thinking about the fact that Abby was dead.

"Bzzt, why was this memory taken from me?" It screeched.

"She was your friend? Damn. Must be painful to have to live with the two people who killed her. Just terrible. I can't imagine." Jack sighed. "But don't get any crazy ideas ya big lug!" He too cheerily chuckled and slapped VAL on his 'back'.

V.A.L. jerked forward slightly when Jack slapped him, but had grown silently. It's head rotated between James and Mitzi. "Bzzt. Yes, it is, bzzzt."

"Wait, you mean you knew Abby before this trip from hell even started?" Urumi tilted her head. "And forget why, how did someone get your memory chip here? It was already locked up when we got here, right?"

"Bzzt, yes, it seems I knew Abby before this," V.A.L. confirmed. "I cannot guess how someone came into possession of my chip, bzzt. Particularly one which only contains a memory of Abby, bzzt. Perhaps...perhaps...she removed it herself," the robot finished sadly.

Shy guy

"But the key was left here for us to find. Is that not suspicious?" Keri spoke up. "Abby... did not even make it this far, she could not have placed it. I refuse to believe, after all that happened, that Abby might have been involved in this game after all... Our memories of her cannot be tainted like that!"

"Bzzt, yes," V.A.L. agreed, straightening up. "Yes, yes you are right, Ultimate Keri, bzzt. Thank you for speaking in Abby's defense, bzzt."

Shy guy

"No, I... I have no right to speak for her, not after what I did. Trusting her now is the least I can do after how little I believed in her before..." Keri said sadly.

"You were her friend. Can you tell us anything about her? I do not believe any of us had the chance to even get close to her."

"Bzzt, the card contained a single memory," V.A.L. explained. "We are sitting on a rooftop, looking down at the city below and...bzzt....discussing a group of humans who hurt her. It would seem that I defended her, bzzt."

Sock

"That's gotta be kinda weird, no? Being able to rip out memories like that. It's not like I can go digging around someone's brain and cut out the part that holds all their memories of me."

"Oh, right. Yeah it's so weir dhow we found that key here, 'cause that's the weirdest thing we've encountered so far." Rinea shrugs.

"Woah!" Florian's eyes widen. "I definitely feel like Abby has to have had some kid of connection to this killing game...I mean, she was the Ultimate Nuclear Engineer, right? And Otto mentioned a nuclear accident that happened before, correct? And now this?"

"Who knows?" Urumi shrugged. "I mean, do we have any way of knowing it's even a real memory? Maybe it was just planted on that chip by the jerks running this trip to screw with us."

She crossed her arms. "If it IS real, that means Abby knew the robot, too, right? She sure didn't act like she did..."

Kachu wrote:
"That's gotta be kinda weird, no? Being able to rip out memories like that. It's not like I can go digging around someone's brain and cut out the part that holds all their memories of me."

"It is not pleasant, bzzt," V.A.L agreed. "But unfortunately easily when it comes to my memories, bzzt."

"Maybe...could Abby be my creator, bzzt?" the robot wondered aloud.

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Who knows?" Urumi shrugged. "I mean, do we have any way of knowing it's even a real memory? Maybe it was just planted on that chip by the jerks running this trip to screw with us."

She crossed her arms. "If it IS real, that means Abby knew the robot, too, right? She sure didn't act like she did..."

"That is true. As Rinea says, it is not so easy to simply remove the memory of a human, yet Abby seemed neither to have amnesia nor recognise V.A.L."

SiRReN wrote:
"It is not pleasant, bzzt," V.A.L agreed. "But unfortunately easily when it comes to my memories, bzzt."

"Maybe...could Abby be my creator, bzzt?" the robot wondered aloud.

"I suppose that is possible... but did she not already state that robotics was outside of her expertise?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Not quite. Abby did seems a little eager to room with Val, y'know. I don't want to be that guy, but we can't go and ignore anything fishy about her just to honor her memory."

"Whether Abby is my creator or not, bzzt...she was my friend," V.A.L. said staunchly.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Truly interesting, but I cannot see why it would be labeled 'Sunset'. Perhaps it is just not important at all." Irene says. "Though the chip being here at all is definitely more interesting."

SiRReN wrote:
"Whether Abby is my creator or not, bzzt...she was my friend," V.A.L. said staunchly.

“Aw, that’s so sweet.” Jack sniffed. “And you can’t spell ‘friend’ without ‘end’, which applies to Abby. Cause she’s dead.”

SiRReN wrote:

"But is she was your friend why did she act like a stranger when we all first met each other?" Florian pauses. "Unless...was her memory wiped as well somehow?"

[put something witty here]

"By that logic, does that mean the rest of us could have had some memory of the like removed as well?" Oscar raises a brow. "Seems a bit of a stretch to think that it was only Abby if that were the case. Which... is also an absurd thought."

“Remember how she always stuttered? Nervous tic I bet. Probably wanted to say ‘I’m the mastermind’ but forced herself to say otherwise.”

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Remember how she always stuttered? Nervous tic I bet. Probably wanted to say ‘I’m the mastermind’ but forced herself to say otherwise.”

"If she were lying all this time, her nervousness makes a lot of sense. Lying is quite taxing on the brain, y'know."

[put something witty here]

JesusMonroe wrote:

"But she's... well, dead. You'd think there would be more fanfare if someone that high on the food chain died off the bat like that. Or we'd be done with our trip without her."

Shy guy

"But... you heard her, right? In the video James took." Keri spoke up again anxiously. "The video of her... interrogation, at my hand. She did not sound like she was lying, that is what I now believe."

Happy Maria

"You knew Abby, metal man? That makes sense", James nodded. "You're both equally unmemorable."

"Why...why are you saying such horrible things, bzzt," V.A.L. said to Jack. "I agree with Ultimate Oscar, bzzt. If Abby and I were both missing memories of each other, perhaps you are all missing memories too, bzzt."

Happy Maria

"Because you deserve it", James replied brusquely. "And if I had the displeasure of knowing you lot before this game, I can clearly understand why it was deleted. I hope it doesn't come back in that case, actually."

fella

"I've gotta agree with Oscar, too," Bryan added, shooting a glare James's way as he does so before looking at V.A.L. "Plus, if she really was the mastermind, why blow her own house up? It's just odd. Oh, and V.A.L, do you know how long you knew her before all of this? Like, a few months, years...?"

2:00 P.M.

Suddenly everyone in the park hears someone scream bloody murder from somewhere upstairs. Ignoring the pool rules, they all frantically rush across the poolside and towards the ramp up to the promenade.

When they arrive at the entrance to the blimp, they see a hulking figure looming over a mangled body just outside. The body groans and twitches on the ground. The figure turns toward everyone, putting its arms into the air. Everyone can clearly see the light glisten off of the blood on the figure's face. The handsome face of Oscar Lewis, the rising star.

In a flash, he bolts into the blimp. Koichi quickly draws his weapon, but holds his fire. Everyone goes to the mangled body, and finds Jack, bruised and blackened, face cut and wounds bleeding, but still very much alive.

fella

"Holy shit!" Bryan exclaims as he kneels over Jack, his eyes widened in fear and worry. He notices him breathing and lets out a sigh of relief, thankful that he's still alive.

"Oh, thank god, you're alive..." He then looks at the entrance to the blimp, grinding his teeth as he holds himself back from rushing in. "Jack, what just happened? Wh-What did Oscar do?!"

Koichi drew his gun again and pointed it towards the blimp.

"It appears that another altercation has occurred. Oscar is a threat. I will not fail my mission this time."

"Wh-what on earth?! Mister Marlowe!" The butler rushes over to Jack, wiping away his blood with a handkerchief and tending to his wounds with a wet towel.

"Did Mister Lewis really do this...?" Florian mumbles.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Koichi drew his gun again and pointed it towards the blimp.

"It appears that another altercation has occurred. Oscar is a threat. I will not fail my mission this time."

"Hey! Drop that thing! Oscar isn't a threat. He's just..."
He looks towards the blimp.
"I'm sure there's some explanation for this. There's gotta be."
Nevertheless, he takes a step away from the Blimp, not towards it.

Jack mutters something unintelligible but he can barely speak above a whisper so nobody understands.
Page 43 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus