Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 45 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch2 Daily Life)Topic%20Title

"Like I said, I dunno. He said he didn't want to 'sit here and rot like me' but other than that your guess is as good as mine."

[put something witty here]

"...it started because Jack just so happened to be in the area." Oscar mutters just loudly enough to hear. With a sigh, he finally looks up to the class.

"The reason? Because I'm tired. Tired of this trip, the captivity, trying to act like everything's fine! Wasting away in here, while wearing a cheerful grin and saying 'I think we'll be okay in here!' There's so much here that I can't even stand to look at anymore."

He pauses, finally turning his attention to Jack. "...you included."

"Bzzt, this seems like an overly violent reaction," V.A.L. observed. "Is that truly all? Bzzt."

lcarus wrote:
"...it started because Jack just so happened to be in the area." Oscar mutters just loudly enough to hear. With a sigh, he finally looks up to the class.

"The reason? Because I'm tired. Tired of this trip, the captivity, trying to act like everything's fine! Wasting away in here, while wearing a cheerful grin and saying 'I think we'll be okay in here!' There's so much here that I can't even stand to look at anymore."

He pauses, finally turning his attention to Jack. "...you included."

Koichi pointed his gun at Oscar as a cautionary measure.

"My suggestion right now is to watch Oscar. He is exhibiting similar symptoms as our previous killers...we cannot let this man go unmonitored."

Sock

"Oooh! Let me let me! I'll monitor him!" Rinea eagerly shouts at Koichi.

Shy guy

"Do you truly mean that, Oscar? I cannot believe you..." Keri said, quite upset. "We are not even being threatened with the destruction of our own houses anymore, I had thought we would all be able to hold it together well enough to not succumb to Otto's temptations! Do you really value the life of another so lowly that you would end it just for your own selfish gain?"

"Wait! There's no need for that!" Raul said to Koichi as he moved in front of Oscar, before turning around and moving closer to him.

"Keri is right. What exactly possessed you to do this? You have been quite willing to cooperate with the group until now. What changed?"
Signature loading, please wait...

"Is it selfish? That I'm so upset by this man?" Oscar chuckles to himself, shaking his head.

"I should clarify, it's not an accident this happened to Jack. Out of everyone here, he's the only one that can rile me up by doing absolutely nothing. The reason? Because he's nothing! A lump, a waste of space!" He throws his arms up in exasperation. "Being a man who clawed his way up from nothing, seeing another who has done absolutely nothing with his life get the same recognition? It's disgusting! I... I don't want to die in here. Coming so far, only to amount to less than nothing..."

He falls silent, tucking his head down to avoid the stares sent his way.

Jack just raised an eyebrow at Oscar's story. "I'm not gonna apologize for being me."

"Yeah, this 'recognition' sure is doing us all a lot of good now, isn't it?" Urumi scoffed. "You know you're starting to sound like Camera Boy, right?"

“Yeah, I mean like what the fuck. I thought you beat me up because I bic’d you or something—something reasonable. But it’s because I didnt do anything?!” It seemed that Jack was actually angry for once.

“You guys treat me like all I do is get high! I’m philosophical! I listen to music! I’m complex!” He was practically shouting at the heavens.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Yeah, this 'recognition' sure is doing us all a lot of good now, isn't it?" Urumi scoffed. "You know you're starting to sound like Camera Boy, right?"

"Him? The two of us are nothing alike." Oscar scoffs. "Irecognize when people put in the effort to get where they are in life. The only ones I consider myself above are the ones who are born with this much potential and do nothing with it! No, this place is no reward for all our hard work, but... that's not the point."

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Yeah, I mean like what the fuck. I thought you beat me up because I bic’d you or something—something reasonable. But it’s because I didnt do anything?!” It seemed that Jack was actually angry for once.

“You guys treat me like all I do is get high! I’m philosophical! I listen to music! I’m complex!” He was practically shouting at the heavens.

"Complex?" He stares back in shock. "You're about as challenging as a bendy straw. What would you even do if we get out of here? Light up on the couch, watch a movie, pick up your welfare check at the end of the month? You have nothing outside of this trip. The fact anyone even scouted you out is insulting."

"Enough! You should not talk to your comrades in that way!" Koichi snapped.

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Oh, do you disagree with my evaluation? So what good is he? I'm not going to lie and pretend there's something to gain from keeping him around. If there's a use for him, then tell me now." Oscar glares at the cadet challengingly.

lcarus wrote:
"Complex?" He stares back in shock. "You're about as challenging as a bendy straw. What would you even do if we get out of here? Light up on the couch, watch a movie, pick up your welfare check at the end of the month? You have nothing outside of this trip. The fact anyone even scouted you out is insulting."

"That hurts, man." Jack pointed at his chest. "I felt that right here. We ripped together and everything!"

He pouted and took another one of the painkillers. "...and I already know I have nothing. Don't need to hear it again."

Shy guy

"Human lives aren't about use! Everyone has potential to do good, to prematurely end someone's life is to lose that potential forever. Jack may be lacking in redeeming traits right now, but with the right motivation even he could achieve great things! Anyone can. None of us have the right to decide the value of another human being, only they can do that."

"What the hell is this?" Jack lifted his arms in exasperation. "Why did everybody suddenly decide to put me on blast?"

lcarus wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Oh, do you disagree with my evaluation? So what good is he? I'm not going to lie and pretend there's something to gain from keeping him around. If there's a use for him, then tell me now." Oscar glares at the cadet challengingly.

"Everyone has worth, and the people who disagree with that are the ones who often think too highly of themselves. And they are typically the ones who are unable to thrive."

Koichi lowered his gun. "You are portraying yourself in a pathetic light -- I recommend putting your priorities in order."

lcarus wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"'Nothing alike'. Sure."

"Yeah! Thanks for the assist Tachi-san! Didn't actually say anything in my defense but whatever I'll take it."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Human lives aren't about use! Everyone has potential to do good, to prematurely end someone's life is to lose that potential forever. Jack may be lacking in redeeming traits right now, but with the right motivation even he could achieve great things! Anyone can. None of us have the right to decide the value of another human being, only they can do that."

"Lacking in redeeming qualities? Say what you will about me, but I'm not disguising my opinions about him." Oscar smirks. "I'm very much aware he had 'potential at some point. But what has he done with that? Jack's made his thoughts on the matter very clear at this point, he has no ambitions. I don't need to hear you make up a defense for him if even he doesn't agree with it."

"But... that's enough out of me. I think we ought to let the man himself speak more on the matter. I'll back off if he can disagree with what I had to say." He gestures to the boy in question, an expectant look on his face. "What's your say, Jack? Was I wrong about all this?"

"No. You're not wrong. I-I don't really have any plans for my future or anything. But all I've done since getting here is try to be a nice guy. I'm not hurting anyone, so why do you think you can tell me how to live my life?" He crossed his arms. "So what if I have a disagreeable habit? That's no reason to treat me like the ugly girl at the dance!"

"You don't have to answer him, Jack." Koichi interjected as he was answering. "Don't finish that thought -- rid him of his satisfaction."

"Mister Lewis, what on Earth happened to you? How could you say all this? Are you even listening to yourself?" Florian exclaims.

Sock

"He's got a bit of a point, doesn't he?" Rinea asks no one in particular. "People who try reeeal hard to get where they are, that's admirable, isn't it?"

"Never said you guys weren't admirable. I think that each of you being the best in your field should quite honestly be unrealistic and unbelievable." He grumbled. "I'm not an Ultimate. I'm not hungry for success. So what?"

Sock

Rinea shrugs. "I'm not the one who beat you up for that."

"Though I guess everyone should have some sort of dream or goal.."

Equipped with Game

Mitzi just casually trails and remains a decent distance from everyone, looking paler then usual and visually shaking, then speaks up hoarsely, spitting out some blood, "....this is dumb as usual with these people...who actually thinks this hard about these things...."

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Never said you guys weren't admirable. I think that each of you being the best in your field should quite honestly be unrealistic and unbelievable." He grumbled. "I'm not an Ultimate. I'm not hungry for success. So what?"

"Are you... happy with where your life is now, then?" Keri asked Jack uncertainly. "I cannot deny the merit in living a life that causes others no harm... but it is a strange notion to me, to not strive to live out your own potential, whatever that may be."

Jirou wrote:
Mitzi just casually trails and remains a decent distance from everyone, looking paler then usual and visually shaking, then speaks up hoarsely, spitting out some blood, "....this is dumb as usual with these people...who actually thinks this hard about these things...."

"You are an even greater surprise to me. Do you not see the merit in trying to live a life to its fullest?"

Equipped with Game

"I'm sick...even now I'm just getting worse.....so why care in the first place." She lifts an eyebrow sarcastically, then gives a light shrug, shaking more, "especially at this point...might as well just... fade away...or something..."

JesusMonroe wrote:

"Because heaven forbid you put forth any productive effort for the people who paid and supported you to get into such a prestigious program." Oscar rolls his eyes. "I can literally feel my talent wasting away the longer we spend here, but looking at someone who has absolutely no plans to put their own to any use-!"

He cuts himself off mid-sentence. With a weary sigh, he simply turns back around and steps back on the blimp.

"I... need some time to myself. The rest of you feel free to heap some more false assurance on the guy, but... I need to clear my head."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Are you... happy with where your life is now, then?" Keri asked Jack uncertainly. "I cannot deny the merit in living a life that causes others no harm... but it is a strange notion to me, to not strive to live out your own potential, whatever that may be."

"I'm happy. At the end of the day, that's all that matters." He sighed heavily, like this was a conversation he's had many, many, many, many, many times before.

He just looked at Oscar as he turned away, deciding to heed Koichi's advice and not engage him further.

Equipped with Game

Mitzi twists her face, "I don't see the reason in telling people how to live there lives...that's a super annoying trait....just let them live how they want if it makes them happy....or even if it doesn't, some people don't need to be happy..." She rolls her eyes. "So stupid....this should be really simple..."

"Yeah, that's it!" Jack smiled. "Hey aside from the weird murder stuff you're really not half-bad!"

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equipped with Game

Mitzi steps back a bit, taken aback, then looks away, clinging to her IV stand, " I guess that's nice to hear...."

Shy guy

"Clearly I have a lot to learn..." Keri said quietly, still not quite able to understand the contrasting worldviews. "But there is one thing I cannot agree with - if you live a life at other's expense just to be happy, then you deserve to be shut down. You, Mitzi, killed Abby just so that you could prolong your own shortened existence, and I will never accept that. The world is never so simple as to work the way you would like it to."

"I refuse to believe there wasn't a reason," Koichi sighed. "Yet I think we can agree...Oscar is misguided. Jack is fine the way he is."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"I refuse to believe there wasn't a reason," Koichi sighed. "Yet I think we can agree...Oscar is misguided. Jack is fine the way he is."

"There was no reason. Even if there was, it doesn't matter."
Bren begins to fidget with a bell.
"This is just the way things are going to be now. Everyone being worn dangerously thin, until someone snaps. Then we'll have a murder, and everything will happen all over again."
He begins to cautiously walk away from the rest of the group, towards the Blimp.
"We can try to have fun and stay together all we want. Someone will always eventually break under the pressure. It's just how this game works..."
He give everyone a half hearted wave over his shoulder.
"I'm going back to my room. Bye."

ASCEND

Spoiler: 7:00 P.M.
Most of the students were gathered in the cafeteria. Most of them are holding candles or have them placed on tables nearby.

“So the Scandalous Sorceress gave you all candles too?” James asks.

“Of course she did,” Urumi replies, “Face it Camera Boy, you’re the guy who only gets valentines when the teacher mandates it.”

“Still, they’re apparently all personalized,” Irene remarks, “Which is quite odd, considering they all appear to be exactly the same.”

Indeed, each of the candles was sculpted into a large heart with pink and red wax, the wick extending out of the center. Each person’s name is scratched into the bottom of their candle, and they came with sloped pedestals that they fit perfectly on.

“Still, it is kinda strange!” Koichi shouts, “She practically shoved the thing into my hand without saying a thing! What could she be planning? Hopefully nothing dangerous!”

Suddenly, the group hears the sound of glass breaking.

“H- Huh? Where do you think you’re going?” Otto’s voice can be heard from a little ways off.

“Uhh… We should probably check that out!” Florian shouts.

The students rush into the next hallway over and take a quick look around. Inside one of the rooms, they notice that the window is broken.

“H- Hey, that’s my room…” Boetius says.

The group slowly climbs out the window and jumps out onto the roof of the waterpark. Looking around, they finally spot Circe dashing toward the edge of the roof, Otto following her and shouting indistinguishably.

The group chases her along the top of the roof, their footsteps chaotically clanging on the steel below them. Eventually, they find Circe standing near the edge of the roof, Otto hovering nearby, looking generally annoyed at the whole situation. The group fans out and stares at her.

“Circe… What are you doing?” Irene asks.

“Now listen here, young lady!” Otto shouts, “Get back into that blimp this instant!”

Circe doesn’t seem to be listening. “You see… I cannot live like this. I’m not one to allow a tale to end poorly. If I go, I go by my terms. I will write a final chapter deserving of praise.”

“C- Circe!” Boetius shouts.

“Do not fret. I am ready. I am always prepared to do what must be done for the sake of love…”

“Love? That’s such an old-fashioned word,” James remarks.

“Yes, indeed!” Circe says, reaching out to the students with both hands. “Love is eternal! Love always finds a way to go on! That is why I will never truly be gone!”

“Wh- What are you saying?!” Bryan shouts, “Get back over here!”

Ignoring him, Circe continues, “You see, as long as love and good feelings prevail over hatred and discontent, I will never die! So, journey onward, my friends… and let your hearts guide you!”

Circe closed her eyes and held her hands out to the side. Before the students realized it, she was leaning backwards, off the edge of the building.

Several students charged toward her, but it was already too late. They heard two high-pitched beeps as Circe fell out of sight.

And then they heard a noise they could scarcely describe. It was the bursting of gunpowder, the surging of flame, the searing of flesh, and the splattering of blood. Simply put, it was the sound of death.

A few had the courage to walk through the gruesome stench and approach the edge of the roof, but none had the courage to look over the edge. All they saw was Circe’s purple cape, soaked with red and singed with black, floating on the rush of wind into the distance.

Circe was gone...

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Q-Quick! Someone, s-she might still be..!"
Page 45 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus