Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 62 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch2 Class Trial)Topic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

Irene turns to Brennan. For the first time, her expression shifts to something else. It's disappointment, as it looks like.

She quickly turns away and covers her mouth up with her right hand.

[put something witty here]

Oscar rubs his eyes wearily, head lowered as to not meet Bren's gaze.

"Cautious... You were being cautious, weren't you? Same reason you slashed at me with your knife, you killed Mitzi? Absolute safety, even if it meant killing her yourself. Seems one can only live on the edge for so long..."

ASCEND

((A majority has been reached. Please stand by.))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Climax Reasoning
Everyone looks expectantly at Urumi.

“Wh- What, am I supposed to do it now? Well, fine, if you insist!” Urumi puts her finger to her forehead. “Here’s everything that happened in this case!”

“The truth is, the killer had very little involvement in how the murder actually played out. The one who caused the flood, slashed that hole in the whale boat, and trapped Keri in the control room was Circe, who must have set this whole thing up days ago. As for the one who cut Mitzi’s throat and left her in the lazy river, that was Jack, who was apparently tripping on so many drugs that he thought he had murdered Mitzi, when in fact, she had already died.

“The crime actually began about thirty minutes ago, when the killer left the locker room using a hose that had been boosted to ridiculously high pressures. After careening chaotically through the park, they found themselves in the spa and climbed into the washroom. It was around this point that Mitzi and V.A.L. came in, supposedly to clean off her IV stand which had been tainted with Bryan’s cooties.

“To be honest, I don’t really have a clue what happened here, but the killer quickly decided to push V.A.L. and Mitzi into the washtub. The force of the collision must have tipped it over, and once V.A.L. short-circuited, Mitzi was electrocuted. However sane or justified their decision was, the killer had now killed someone, and the others in the spa would certainly come soon to figure out what had happened. Thinking quickly, they stashed Mitzi’s body in one of the dryers and then jumped back out the window, just in time for Bryan, Irene, and Florian to arrive. They immediately assumed that Mitzi had attacked V.A.L. and escaped and went looking for her, not realizing that she had actually been right there in the room with them.

“The killer’s next goal was the get rid of the body as quickly as possible. To buy them some time, they wedged Mitzi’s IV stand in the door to the sauna Florian and Irene had entered while they looked around. Seeing the whale boat, they quickly devised a plan. Returning to the washroom, they grabbed a shower curtain and a load of towels, more than they actually needed, and used them to tie Mitzi into the mouth of the whale and hide her from sight.

“With that dealt with, they rushed back to the washroom, removing the IV stand from in front of the sauna door on the way. Finally, they tossed the unused towels in the corner of the room and jumped back out the window.

“Eventually, they decided to return to the spa, in an attempt to secure their alibi. In doing so, they conveniently distracted Bryan from actually trying to open the door Florian assumed was still locked, confusing us for perhaps a few extra minutes. Then they remained at the true scene of the crime, maintaining an alibi for the period after the flood in which we initially assumed Mitzi was killed.”

Urumi crosses her arms and looks away gravely. “That’s the extent of the trick you played, Boetius Brennan… the Ultimate Jester.”

Spoiler: Post-Trial
”Huzzah! That’s correct!” Otto exclaims, “The one who killed Ms. Maureen was Boetius Brennan!”

A melancholic mood covers the room as the passengers stand silently at their podiums.

“What, that’s it, nothing?” Otto says, “You just smoked out the murderer with nothing but your sharp tactical wit! Shouldn’t you be at least a little excited?”

“J- Just shut up…” Bryan says.

“Fine, fine!” Otto says, “I was leaving anyway. I’ve got some cool stuff to fetch that you guys might be interested in seeing! Kyle can watch over you guys until then, right?”

“Huh, what?” Kyle says, “Oh, uh, sure. I’ll make sure they don’t get up to any funny business.”

“Excellent! Well then, I’ll see you all later!” Otto zooms out of the room, leaving the group behind, their eyes all turned to Boetius.

Trial MVP’s: Urumi, Jack, James
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

Rinea looks down, but faces Bren. "Hey.. why'd it have to be you? Why couldn't it have been another one of these idiots, huh?"

"Bzzt, I am sorry it has come to this, Ultimate Brennan," V.A.L. beeped sadly. "You are not a bad person, bzzt."

fella

Bryan sighs dejectedly, and looks over at Bren after mumbling at Otto to shut up, wiping away a few tears that were welling up in his eyes. "I really wish it wasn't you, man... I'm sorry."

Last edited by Collin1002 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Hey, look guys! We did it. Or I guess I should say I did it, right? Even killed her too! Hehe."

Jack looked over at Boetius and got a little more serious. "I guess it's time to hear what he has to say."

Bren's breathing slowly returns to normal. He steadied himself on the podium, before finally standing up straight.

Then he begins clapping.

"... You did it. You... You got me. The Malevolent Masked Murderer, Boetius Brennan." his voice cracks. He seems to be having difficulty holding back the tears. "I knew you could. Don't feel bad, I'm just... I'm just getting what I deserve."

He stops clapping.

"But... Before that, I have some things to say. Some apologies, some last wishes, some explanations, y'know how it is. Where do I start..." his voice seems overwhelmingly tired.

"P-Please Jack...I believe the current mood isn't as joyful as you may think."

Koichi looked sadly at Bren. "Please explain yourself. Right away. From the very start. There are things I need to know, otherwise..."

"All this I'm about to say... Consider it my last performance. My final bow. I'll start with Val. This is both an apology and an explanation, so everyone listen up."

"Val, I was the one who wiped your memory. When you short circuited, I took out your memory chip. When me and Urumi got back to your room, I held a magnet to it. I'm sorry, I really couldn't have predicted what would happen, and I want you to know from the bottom of my heart, that I'm so glad you're still fine. After that all it took was a good old sleight of hand, and Urumi didn't notice a thing was wrong."

Urumi just remained uncharacteristically quiet, arms crossed and lip bitten as she almost but not quite faced Bren, apparently waiting to hear what else he had to say.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"All this I'm about to say... Consider it my last performance. My final bow. I'll start with Val. This is both an apology and an explanation, so everyone listen up."

"Val, I was the one who wiped your memory. When you short circuited, I took out your memory chip. When me and Urumi got back to your room, I held a magnet to it. I'm sorry, I really couldn't have predicted what would happen, and I want you to know from the bottom of my heart, that I'm so glad you're still fine. After that all it took was a good old sleight of hand, and Urumi didn't notice a thing was wrong."

"I see, bzzt," V.A.L. said, head tipping forward. It remained silent afterwards, waiting to hear what else Brennan had to say.

"Next... Oscar."

He turns his head directly at Oscar. He sighs heavily.

"Oscar. There's just nothing I can say to you that could possibly justify the way I treated you. I was afraid. When you beat up Jack, I was terrified. And so I..." he reaches into his lute, pulling out the knife once again. He stares at it, before letting it clatter to the ground. "I'm sorry. I should have trusted you. You trusted me, and I betrayed all of you. I just want you to know that I was wrong. You deserved better. I'm sorry."

"Some of that goes for all of you. If I had just trusted all of you, none of this would be happening. I still owe you all an explanation about Mitzi."

"Being wary if this brute? Can I truly blame you, after such a spectacle? Don't pretend you didn't have reason..." Oscar chuckles bitterly, still keeping his head low. "E-Excuse me, no manners whatsoever... Please continue..."

ASCEND

Otto finally returns to the room, holding two objects in his arms. One is a worn journal and the other looks like a memory card.

“Alright, first of all!” Otto says, “I managed to retrieve V.A.L.’s memories from that day from the backup network! Most of its stuff everyone knows about or a conversation with Ms. Sawamatsu that no one cares about, but there’s a few never-before-seen things you all might be interested in!”

Before Urumi can argue that she tends to have very interesting conversations, Otto loads the chip into the large monitor, causing a video to play. Then he pulls out a remote control and begins fast-forwarding. He accidentally goes past the point he’s aiming for about five times, but eventually two scenes start playing.

Spoiler: 9:50 A.M.
“So, what’s the deal then? Why are you watching me?” Mitzi asked as she leaned against the door to the washroom, her IV stand resting nearby.

“Bzzt, like I said earlier, Abby was my friend,” V.A.L. said, “You murdered her. I will not allow you to commit any more crimes.”

Mitzi scoffed. “Well, sorry to disappoint… But I don’t really feel up to it.”

“Are you not planning on attempting to procure the immunity balloon, bzzt?”

“Nah… James asked me to help him with that…” Mitzi said, “But just look out the window… If I went out in that, I’d be killed.”

Mitzi looked away, in the general direction of the slides. “Still… I wish I could do something. I don’t want him to get himself killed.” Mitzi stopped herself, coughed painfully a few times, and then continued, “I… don’t think I have much time left… But even then, James treated me like… an actual person… Everyone else thought I was just some sick child who couldn’t do anything for themselves… But James… he thought I was capable, not just of great things… but things in general…”

Mitzi sighed. “I bet he’s already gone down that slide… I can only hope someone else found him, because there’s nothing I can do now… Whatever…”

Mitzi fell silent as V.A.L. simply stood nearby, uncertain of what to do.

Spoiler: 10:02 A.M.
V.A.L. followed Mitzi into the washroom. Once inside, they see Boetius leaning over one of the washing machine. His clothes were wet, slowly dripping onto the floor. A garden hose snaked through the window, its end resting in the washtub.

“Bzzt, Ultimate Boetius? Since when have you been here?”

Mitzi continued over to the washtub, throwing a glance at Boetius. “What the hell? Why are you wet? Do you shower in that thing too?”

Boetius turned towards the two of them and just stared. However, Mitzi and V.A.L. didn’t seem to notice. Mitzi folded her IV stand as she continued to the washtub and placed it inside.

However, something caught Mitzi’s eye. She reached over to the table and picked it up. It was a knife: Boetius’s knife. She cast a confused, suspicious glance at the jester, who was staring at the knife in her hand. He seemed to be trembling somewhat.

Suddenly, Boetius launched toward Mitzi, arms outstretched. Seeing this, V.A.L. rushed over just as quickly. He shouted, “Bzzt, please no violence!” as he turned to Boetius.

With a thump, Boetius slammed into V.A.L., who immediately toppled over backwards. The view swung wildly and a few crashing sounds filled V.A.L.’s ears, and then a surge of water rushed over the robot. All it heard was a gasp as sparks shot out of its body.

Its vision started to blur and fill with static as it collapsed on the ground. It rotated its head to its right, but the only sight it was met with was Mitzi’s motionless body. Finally, it rotated its head back towards the ceiling and saw Boetius standing over it. Even wearing the mask, it was clear that Boetius was horrified at what he had done.

As the video ends, Otto says, “Well, that’s all! As for this journal… Well, we’ll get to that later.”

Bren continues to stare at the monitor, even after the video ends.

"... Well, that's it. When Mitzi picked up the knife, I panicked. I thought she was going to kill me. And then, that happened. After that, I had to hide what I did."

He turns his gaze back to the other passengers.

"Now, I hope none of you mind, but I have a few last wishes." without waiting for any response, he pulls out a hand mirror from a pocket in his suit. "First, I want all eyes on me. I need all of you to see something."

Looking down at the mirror, he places a hand over his mask, and pulls it down, in plain view of everyone else. It's...

A face. A face, like a million others. Not beautiful, not ugly. No real defining marks, but not spotless. Two eyes, a mouth, a nose... It's all there. Simply a face.

The face of Boetius Brennan.

Nothing special about it.

"Bzzt, it seems I can't help anyone...." V.A.L. said as it watched it's missing memories played for all to see.

"Bodie..." Jack just stared as he looked at his face. Unlike the other killers, or victims, it didn't look like Jack was gonna cry. There weren't going to be any crocodile tears this time.

"I think you're a really cool guy." He beamed. "You were funny, you could be a dick, you had that cool-ass outfit. I wish I spent more time with you, but it's gonna be hard as hell to forget you. And trust me, forgetting stuff comes easy to me."

fella

"I agree with Jack," Bryan stated with a look of fatigue and melancholy etched in his expression. He just looked so tired--a far cry from the usual spirited young man. "I really, really wished it wasn't you. You're a good guy. And if you don't mind me asking... how come you didn't want to take your mask off for so long?"

He stops to look at his face in the mirror. His expression is unchanging, blank. "Well, I never took it off because... It's so unmemorable. There's nothing to it. I know this might be hard, but please. I want you all to remember this face." He eventually places the mask back in its rightful place.

"There's just one last thing. Bear with me here." he takes his lute from his back, and sets it down gently over his podium. He looks down at it.

"This old lady... We've been through a lot. All I want is for someone to take care of her, please. She has nothing to do with this. That's my final wish."

With nothing left to say, he bows down for the last time. Finally he turns away from the podium, and walks away from the other passengers.

"Otto, I'm ready. It's about time this trial had its finale."

Koichi looked grim as he turned to Bren.

"...Wait. Is that it..? You don't have anything else to say..?"

fella

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"I... guess he's resigned to whatever happens next," Bryan stated, frowning. "Again, Bren, I'm sorry. We won't forget ya, alright?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:

He turns his head back to Koichi. He keeps his gaze fixed on him for a while.

"... Goodbye. It was nice knowing all of you."

DootDootDoot wrote:
He stops to look at his face in the mirror. His expression is unchanging, blank. "Well, I never took it off because... It's so unmemorable. There's nothing to it. I know this might be hard, but please. I want you all to remember this face." He eventually places the mask back in its rightful place.

"Eh, looking average isn't so bad. I think the mask looks cool, but you got a really friendly looking face. Nothing to be ashamed of."

"...That's not what I meant," Koichi glared, his gaze growing darker and darker by the second. "...You know what I am referring to, don't you?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Irene doesn't reply, for some odd reason.

She looks quite shaken, differently from the last time. Not a word is spoken, however.

"What is it, Koi- wait, I just had a better idea."

Anticlimatically breaking his own silent vow, and apparently completely forgetting the cadet, Bren turns back and picks up his lute again. "I can't just leave you with anyone."

He raises his glance towards Keri. "Keri, I will understand if you don't want to, but I would like you to have her. I could... Go a lot more peacefully if I knew you would take care of her."

He walks over to Keri's podium, carrying the lute in his arms.

"So this whole mess happened because one moron panicked." Urumi's face looked as if she'd swallowed something bitter. "And now two people are going to be dead because of it." She clicked her tongue. "This is so stupid..." she muttered.

Nevertheless, she watched as Bren removed his mask, then turned her eyes away after he replaced it. "Remember your face, huh? ...Fine. Whatever. No promises, but... I'll try."

Shy guy

DootDootDoot wrote:

Anticlimatically breaking his own silent vow, and apparently completely forgetting the cadet, Bren turns back and picks up his lute again. "I can't just leave you with anyone."

He raises his glance towards Keri. "Keri, I will understand if you don't want to, but I would like you to have her. I could... Go a lot more peacefully if I knew you would take care of her."

Keri was crying quite freely now, but she paid the tears little mind. "Y-yes, I will take the utmost care of her. I will not allow her to go unplayed, her music will live on," she said, taking the lute gently with shaking hands. "I am... sorry you did not get a chance to perform for us all. Thank you for all you have done for me, I will definitely never forget you!"

"How I wish things could have played out differently, yet what's done is done. No point dreaming of what could have been." Oscar notes solemnly, gaze focused on Bren ever since the mask came down.

"...despite everything, you were still a rather compelling friend. I did so enjoy those little chats, never a dull moment with you around." He smiles, sincere despite the situation. "...I'll miss you. Terribly so. But I pray that wherever it is you go after all this, it's better than here."

KamiPanda wrote:
DootDootDoot wrote:

Keri was crying quite freely now, but she paid the tears little mind. "Y-yes, I will take the utmost care of her. I will not allow her to go unplayed, her music will live on," she said, taking the lute gently with shaking hands. "I am... sorry you did not get a chance to perform for us all. Thank you for all you have done for me, I will definitely never forget you!"

His gaze lingers on the instrument for a few more moments, before he looks at her face again. "... Thank you, Keri. This means a lot to me." his smile is apparent on his voice.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"So this whole mess happened because one moron panicked." Urumi's face looked as if she'd swallowed something bitter. "And now two people are going to be dead because of it." She clicked her tongue. "This is so stupid..." she muttered.

Nevertheless, she watched as Bren removed his mask, then turned her eyes away after he replaced it. "Remember your face, huh? ...Fine. Whatever. No promises, but... I'll try."

"That's enough for me. I also have to thank you, Urumi. I had one of the best laughing fits of my life back there thanks to you."

lcarus wrote:
"How I wish things could have played out differently, yet what's done is done. No point dreaming of what could have been." Oscar notes solemnly, gaze focused on Bren ever since the mask came down.

"...despite everything, you were still a rather compelling friend. I did so enjoy those little chats, never a dull moment with you around." He smiles, sincere despite the situation. "...I'll miss you. Terribly so. But I pray that wherever it is you go after all this, it's better than here."

"... Our chats were the highlight of this crazy trip for me too. Thank you, Oscar."

ASCEND

Suddenly, Otto plays a recording of a gong being rung. The room goes silent as everyone turns to look at him.

“Now hold on…” Otto says, “Before we move on, I think it’s only fair that we take a moment to listen to the last message Ms. Valentia left for you all. I’m sure it’s bound to be interesting!”

Otto holds up the old journal, flips it to the last page, puts on some reading glasses, and begins reading in a dramatic voice.

Spoiler: Circe’s Last Chapter
“Greetings, everyone. If you are reading or hearing this now, then I can only assume you unraveled the nature of the events that occured after my passing. If not, allow me to quickly reiterate: I was responsible for flooding the water park, just as I was responsible for trapping Keri and leading Urumi to rescue her. I was also the one who left that punctured whale floaty on the upper floors of the spa. Admittedly, that was something of a last minute addition, but I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to attempt a bit of a Titanic scenario. However, that is not why I am writing this journal entry.

“I’m sure you are all wondering why I weaved the rest of this tale. Why did I set up a flood simply to force Urumi to rescue Keri from drowning? Perhaps some of you have already assumed that I was attempting to bring forth a romantic scene between them. Well, that is not the case.

“There are many kinds of love, both romantic and platonic. Some people, such as James, seem to have rejected both of them, and those people seem to be out of my grasp. But when I looked at Urumi, I saw one with boundless potential to love those around her, which, for whatever reason, she has buried away. As bad as a lack of love is, squandered love is perhaps worst of all. I can only hope, through the demonstration I set up, all of you have at last seen what she seems to be blind to.

“Now, before I get to my closing remarks, I have a few words for my roommate, Boetius… I have no idea when this entry will be read. Perhaps by now he will have already joined me. But if not, I’d like him to know why I gifted him that mirror…

“Boetius, my biggest regret was never having the chance to see your face. I’ll admit, I tried often to confirm whether or not you were truly a Bogeyman, but met with failure each time. I can only hope you will use this mirror often to view your own face, as if I was looking at it myself.

“At last, that is all I have to say. Before I set down my pen though, there is something I would like to emphasize. Death is not the end. As long as we leave our memories behind, we will never die. The love a group mutually feels for those that have passed on is perhaps the truest form of love there is. Remember Alex through her interviews, let Abby live on in the electricity her power plants provide, and think of Jerry when the gentle melody of an ice cream truck passes by. If worst comes to worst, Irene can live on through her people, Oscar and Boetius can live through their music, Jack can live through the scent of marijuana… and so on.

“But most of all, whether by pen or by sword, always remember who or what it is you’re fighting for.

“With love, Circe Valentia.”

Otto closes the book with a resounding slam. He tosses the glasses onto the floor behind him and says, “And that’s all she wrote…”

Bren pulls out the mirror from his pocket once again. He looks down at the mask reflected on it, before pulling it off once again.
He shares a long silence with his own reflection, before letting the mask slip from his hand to the floor.

"Thank you, Circe."

He doesn't make any motion to pick it back up.

Koichi looked sadly. "Rest in peace, Circe..."

"Now then..."

Koichi cracked his neck, and took out his gun, slamming it on the podium. "Do you really not know what I am referring to, Bren?"

"N-no...Master Brennan? I can't believe it...I can't believe you'd be a killer...I'm so disappointed in another talented Ultimate, once again.." Florian says with a deep sigh. "And Miss Valentia...I still can't believe she would do that.."

He then walks over to Jack before putting his hand on the stoner's back. "We're sorry for suspecting you, Mister Marlowe, but are you sure you're alright? You've been acting extremely weird this whole trial.." The butler asks before attempting to regain composure by fixing his butler's outfit and gloves.

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Now then..."

Koichi cracked his neck, and took out his gun, slamming it on the podium. "Do you really not know what I am referring to, Bren?"

Bren jumps at Koichi's sudden gun slam, his unrestrained surprise and shock being possibly the first real expression the other passengers get to see.

"Look, I really don't know what it is, okay? Is this about me cheating in that game we played?"

DootDootDoot wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Now then..."

Bren jumps at Koichi's sudden gun slam, his unrestrained surprise and shock being possibly the first real expression the other passengers get to see.

"Look, I really don't know what it is, okay? Is this about me cheating in that game we played?"

Koichi closed his eyes. He stood silently while clutching the podium tightly -- his hands growing red with anger.

"Is that all..?"

There was doubt and fear in Koichi's voice as he clutched his gun. After a few noticeable moments of hesitation, Koichi angrily took his gun and pointed it at Bren -- arms shaking.

"That is not enough! I refuse to believe that is all there is!"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
DootDootDoot wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Now then..."

Koichi closed his eyes. He stood silently while clutching the podium tightly -- his hands growing red with anger.

"Is that all..?"

There was doubt and fear in Koichi's voice as he clutched his gun. After a few noticeable moments of hesitation, Koichi angrily took his gun and pointed it at Bren -- arms shaking.

"That is not enough! I refuse to believe that is all there is!"

He raises his arms, expression turning to fear.
"I-I really don't know what you want! Stop pointing that thing at me!"

Koichi stomped on the ground.

"Stop playing dumb with me!"

Koichi fired so the bullet grazed slightly past his face, missing just by a hair.

"What is your relationship with Abby Young? The Ultimate Nuclear Engineer?! Your link to the UJTS nuclear accident...explain it to us immediately!"
Page 62 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus