Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 83 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch3 Trial)Topic%20Title

"I...do not anticipate great results, but let us keep our fingers crossed."

ASCEND

"Mr. Marlowe, were you not listening to a word I just said!!"

Otto lets out an enraged shout, picks up the scalpel, and then whacks Jack over the head with it one hundred times. It's mildly irritating at worst.

Then he threw it at Koichi for interrupting his post
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Koichi buried his face in his hands, making crying noises as the scalpel scratched him.

V.A.L. shook its head slowly. "Bzzt, the thoughts and actions of humans are most confusing, bzzt. But I hope you have all uncovered the truth, bzzt."

[put something witty here]

"As do I. If it means anything, even us humans are feeling a bit unsure about all this." Oscar smiles dryly.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Climax Reasoning
Muy bien!” Bryan slams his fist on the podium. “Alright, here’s everything that happened in this case!”

“It turns out that the killer wasn’t the first person with murderous intentions. It was… It was actually Florian. After the group left the campfire, he stole James’s talent and camera. Then he recorded himself knocking me out, though I’m not sure why. Perhaps it was to frame James… or perhaps it was to protect me from what he was about to do.

“Next he stole Keri’s talent and used it to hide in the trunk in the girls’ cabin. When he awoke, he realized that two people were inside. One was a friend, and the other was his target. He knocked out the first with by hand and then attempted to do the same with the other, Rinea… but she escaped. Probably fearing for her life, she ran to the shed.

“Florian chased her there and attacked her inside. He was probably trying to beat her to death or strangle him with his metal hands, but he didn’t account for the fact that she had a scalpel… F-Florian lost the fight and Rinea, trying to hide the fact that her scalpel was the murder weapon, put him into the wood chipper, but she didn’t account for the fact that his hands would jam it.

“Rinea’s next plan was to go to the showers and wash off her scalpel. But a few minutes after she left, Raul and the killer arrived. While there, the killer deduced that the murder weapon couldn’t possibly be one of the tools inside. Thinking logically, she reasoned that the murder weapon was something Florian’s killer always had on them, and most likely would have gone to the showers to wash it. After all, that was the only place where blood could be washed down the drain, out of sight. So they left for the showers, vowing revenge on Florian’s killer.

“Upon arriving at the showers, the killer saw what they expected: Rinea washing a bloody murder weapon. They didn’t even care about her identity. They grabbed a nearby shower curtain and used it to stab Rinea several times in the chest without getting covered in water and blood. They did it more times than necessary, in an attempt to replicate Florian’s murder… Of course, the plan fell through when Rinea’s body was eaten by that monster, and they were dragged down themselves.

“And as for the murder weapon? It was the same knife they used to murder their mother and father… and they used it again, without regrets!” Bryan points at the killer and shouts, “It looks like you were the real monster, Irene Karanda!”

Spoiler: Post-Trial
“Well golly gee willikers, looks like y’all were correct!” Otto says drunkenly. “The one who killed Mr. Sunhilde was Rinea Fletcher, and the one who killed Ms. Fletcher was Irene Karanda!”

“So, we were right then? Or, mostly right…” Keri remarks, “I’ll admit I was off the mark on plenty of it…”

“Geez, that was a close one!” Kyle says, “I honestly didn’t think you’d do it after Irene lied about the results of that Logic Dive!”

“Yep, that trial was a complete unpredictable mess and didn’t go how I expected at all,” Otto mumbles, “But looks like you all pulled through, and now you know who to thank for it!”

All eyes turn to Irene, who seems unfazed by the results. Eventually she mumbles, “Hmm… Truly unfortunate…”

Trial MVP’s: Bryan, Keri, Jack.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Hey, Keri." Jack said, looking more relieved than he'd like to admit. "Even if we got it wrong, I wouldn't have regretted voting your choice. You really fucking came out clutch here."

Shy guy

"It... was very close, certainly..." Keri muttered. She was swaying a little, all the built-up tension having left at once; clearly she wasn't used to dealing with the feeling without being able to control her heart and lessen it.

fella

Taking in a deeeeep breath after going over everything, Bryan lets out a sigh and looks at Keri. "Jack's right--you really saved our asses, heh." He then noticed her swaying back and forth and frowned. "H-Hey, just take in deep, steady breaths..."

"Y-Your Highness..." Koichi said darkly. "It truly was you..."

Urumi exhaled loudly as if she'd been holding her breath for some time. "Oh, god... You really came through, Keri! That was amazing!" she smiled brightly as she wiped her brow. Then she blinked, blushed, and cleared her throat. "I-I mean... nice work. I knew you'd do fine, of course."

She turned her eyes to Irene, her expression quickly becoming grim. "...But..."

V.A.L. beeped loudly and hurried over to Keri, gently holding her arms in it's claws. "Bzzt, slow breaths," the robot instructed. "Concentrate on the rise and fall of your chest, bzzt. Don't think about what has happened, bzzt, focus on a happy thought."

Shy guy

Keri nodded shakily. "Right, right... yes, you are right," she mumbled, trying to follow VAL's advice. It seemed to help, somewhat at least. "Thank you," she then whispered, leaning forwards to give the robot a quick hug.

"It will be over soon," Koichi said to Keri. "And your talent will return, I'm sure of it."

fella

"Just take your time to rest after this. Hopefully you feel better and get your talent back, Keri!" Bryan said with a smile, although his eyes looks slightly watery, as if he's tearing up. "Y-You deserve it after everything you did to help us out!"

V.A.L. made sure Keri wouldn't fall over before letting go of her arms. It was surprised when she hugged it, but returned the gesture tentatively. "Bzzt, I can remain nearby if you like," it offered. "I would like to help you, bzzt."

ASCEND

"Oh right, Ms. Nabelle!" Otto says, "You can get your talent back using Florian's hands, so no worries there, we can just pick them up... unless you want it to stay lost for some reason, I guess." Otto shrugs.

"Speaking of Mr. Sunhilde, he left some interesting messages in this journal, which I can read to you... eventually. My apologies, I'm not feeling up to it right now..."

Shy guy

SiRReN wrote:
V.A.L. made sure Keri wouldn't fall over before letting go of her arms. It was surprised when she hugged it, but returned the gesture tentatively. "Bzzt, I can remain nearby if you like," it offered. "I would like to help you, bzzt."

"I will be okay, I think," Keri replied, managing a smile. "Such kind words from everyone, they are doing more to calm me down than slowing my heart ever could. Though you can certainly stay if you would like."

Planetbox wrote:
"Oh right, Ms. Nabelle!" Otto says, "You can get your talent back using Florian's hands, so no worries there, we can just pick them up... unless you want it to stay lost for some reason, I guess." Otto shrugs.

"Speaking of Mr. Sunhilde, he left some interesting messages in this journal, which I can read to you... eventually. My apologies, I'm not feeling up to it right now..."

"That is a relief to hear," she then said, giving a small sigh. "I would like it back please, yes, it is part of who I am."

"Irene...so you really did this..." Raul said, his fists clenched.

Suddenly, his body relaxed, and he started laughing. "And you almost tricked us! Just like how you made me think you hadn't sacrificed anything to get to were you are...oh man. It's...truly a shame you couldn't get away with this, given what we know now. You did a great job, though!" He said, raising a thumb towards Irene.
Signature loading, please wait...

fella

"Florian... left messages? Huh..." Bryan shakes his head, quickly wiping at his teary eyes. "Anyways, uh, guess I'll wait 'till you're ready."

"Bzzt, Ultimate Florian was very kind to me," V.A.L. said, folding in on itself slightly. "His passing will be felt, bzzt, but...I can't help but wonder why he wanted to kill Ultimate Rinea, bzzt."

"Goodness, Keri. I'm certainly grateful for all you've done in this trial, and quite relieved to hear you'll be getting your talents back... yet things are still far from over." Oscar notes grimly, shooting an impressive amount of side-eye Irene's way.

SiRReN wrote:
"Bzzt, Ultimate Florian was very kind to me," V.A.L. said, folding in on itself slightly. "His passing will be felt, bzzt, but...I can't help but wonder why he wanted to kill Ultimate Rinea, bzzt."

"I think I have a pretty good idea..." Urumi responded flatly, still looking in Irene's direction.

"Hey uh... *sniff* It's like, no matter how hard I try, there's nothing I can do to save you guys..." mumbles Kyle.

"You'll just keep killing one another no matter what..."

"Whatever, as long as I get paid in the end that's what matters," he sneers, in away that sounds strangely hostile, but also afraid.

"Anyway, uh, I can tell you guys a little about Florian, I mean the long and short of it is that he had a crappy life."

"He ran outta home at a young age because his family was abusive. He was left all alone, but then the Delta Corp guys got ahold of him and made him work for them. Part of that job involved being a guinea pig, and that's where his weirdo hands come from and stuff... *sniff* One of the freakish things they made him do is steal people's talents, and that's the mechanism within the hands: it takes all the talent away from you and leaves you a regular guy, like me. It then let him use the talents himself, but he soon began to form an addiction to the feeling of stealing talents, feeling obligated to take them more and more often. Delta Corp got Florian scouted as the Ultimate Butler, when in reality he's the Ultimate Talent Thief."

"Anyway, it's a sad story, please respect him and cry about it," Kyle punctuates this with a moment of dead silence.

"Seriously."

Happy Maria

"Hah!" James shook his head, unimpressed. "That was quite close, you lot. You simply managed to get lucky after I told you all that I wasn't the killer, that is all. As for her…" He pointed to Irene. "She truly put up a stellar defence, even lying about the results of that lifeline to mislead you all. But you've caught her, and she's going to die now."

He shrugged indifferently, leering at the others with an empty look on his face. "You're all idiots, you know that? You may distract yourself with happier thoughts, but deep down, you know that you have simply failed to let this gracious ruler escape. And now, you all will stay here. Nothing will change. More and more people will die, and you shall all be continued to be trapped. In the end, I am your gatekeeper. To make sure you pathetic excuses for Ultimates never leave this place, I shall do my best."

James said this with a serious look on his face, not indicating once that he was garnering pleasure from this. "Even if it means my death, I am not willing to give up. That is all that matters."

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fella

Hearing about Florian's past makes Bryan's eyes slightly widen in shock and horror. "Goddamn... Poor guy..." He shakes his head side to side before sending James a glare, merely remaining silent, not wanting to have to deal with him once more.

"Oh, as if we needed things to become even more fantastical..." Oscar rubs his forehead wearily, unfortunately missing a good deal of James's spiel. "Someone really did all that to the boy? Guess you could hardly blame him for turning out as he did... yet still..."

ASCEND

"Speaking of which, I think my BAC has lowered to the point where I can read this journal, though I guess that isn't a huge surprise, since I lack blood... Anyway, listen up, everyone! Let's begin!"

Otto opened the journal, put on some reading glasses, and began to read as drammatically as possible once again.

Spoiler: Florian’s Journal
Entry Log #1

A strange robot named Otto has trapped us in a wicked killing trip, and while I hold no grudges against any of my fellow Ultimates, I still need to feed. I have chosen a male named Koichi Tachibana, the Ultimate Cadet, as my target, as it is apparent that he is the most naive and least sceptical passenger aboard this blimp. Sorry, Koichi. While Otto was playing a loud video of a house being destroyed, I took my chance. He had a fairly strong reaction, but it was dismissed pretty easily as a simple case of fatigue. This surge of strength and energy is just so invigorating...I almost wish I could keep this talent forever.

Entry Log #2

After seeing the true nature of some of the passengers here, I'm beginning to feel less guilty of what I'm going to have to do on this cursed trip. Once the class trial ended, I decided to pick a fight with the local douchebag, James Clement, the Ultimate Cinematographer. After I “tripped” over him, I quickly put my gloves back on, hoping no one would see. He seems to be catching on about what happened to his talent, but who would believe him? It's what he deserves. I would have asked to borrow James’ camera to test out this new talent, but I feel like it's best to play it safe with him. Oh well, maybe next time.

Entry Log #3

I've noticed a sharp change in the atmosphere on this trip after the events of the first trial, as people seem to trust each other less and less. I tried finding a new target, and decided to go for Oscar Lewis, the Ultimate Rising Star. I heard he was having a bit of an intense argument with Jack, and thought that I could maybe take his attitude down a few pegs. Unfortunately, it seems like his bad attitude became even worse after the talent theft, and he even started throwing punches at the Jack of All Trades. Oh well, at least this talent is pretty nice.

Entry Log #4

I've had enough. Half of these fools don't even deserve to be here. Take Jack Marlowe, the Ultimate Unultimate. Lazy, inconsiderate...Oscar was right about him. However, there are still people I have faith in, like V.A.L, Irene (although her attitude has become increasingly worrisome)...and Bryan. Bryan Suarez has kept me going this entire time. After hearing about this new “motive”, I know what I must do, and I fear this might be the last entry I write. I'll get rid of the Ultimate Sociopath Rinea, and if all goes well the others should suspect Miss Terrorist Keri or Mister Douchebag James. That way the bad apples of the group will be dealt with, and Bryan will get to leave. I'm bringing matters into my own hands. It's for the best.

Otto closed the book with a resounding slam.

"I-Inconsiderate?!" Jack shouted, coughing smoke around the room as he did.

Ignoring the journal for now, Jack just stared incredulously at James. "Dude, you were weirdly silent as a statue for the entire climax of the trial. You did jack shit to help us catch Irene."

"E-Enough...we must ignore him for now," Koichi said. "...Regardless, I will choose not to judge Florian. And Bryan must know things about him we don't..."

Koichi clutched his chin, muttering under his breath. "The ability to steal talents...Hmm..."

fella

Bryan looked thoroughly shocked as Florian's journal entries were read aloud, the tears having steadily welling up in his eyes much more pronounced now. "Th-That's how he really felt about everyone, and what he did... Stealing talents... I... I'm shocked..." He quickly brought his hand up to his eyes to wipe the tears away before looking over at Koichi.

"And no, I didn't know about any of this," he began, shaking his head in denial. "Florian and I were friends... the only thing I knew was that he left his home and became a butler at that Delta Manor... the butler part being a lie. That's what he told me, anyway. I never knew about his metal hand, or him stealing talents..." He looked quite crestfallen, to say the least.

"That is not what I meant," Koichi said, smiling weakly. "Although I do not comprehend the emotions you must be feeling as fluently...you must understand him better than we do. Irene, as well."

fella

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"That is not what I meant," Koichi said, smiling weakly. "Although I do not comprehend the emotions you must be feeling as fluently...you must understand him better than we do. Irene, as well."

"Oh, so that's what you meant..." Bryan replied, sheepishly scratching his cheek. "Sorry, kinda misunderstood ya... Then yeah, I knew some things about him... mainly him leaving his house and workin' at that Delta Manor place, though. He never told me about him stealing talents, like I said."

Happy Maria

"Hmph." James shook his head. "That buffoon of a butler got what was coming to him, really. I should have orchestrated his death myself."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"I-Inconsiderate?!" Jack shouted, coughing smoke around the room as he did.

Ignoring the journal for now, Jack just stared incredulously at James. "Dude, you were weirdly silent as a statue for the entire climax of the trial. You did jack shit to help us catch Irene."

"Who voluntarily told you about the filming suit and the horror movie plan?", James rebutted. "Who made you realise that suspecting me was an asinine choice and put you back on track? The same person who shall now keep you trapped in this wretched prison, that's whom."

V.A.L. was silent as it listened to Florian's journal being read. "Bzzt, so much anger," it beeped sadly. "Perhaps it could have been addressed and treated in a different place, bzzt. Instead, now you are gone, bzzt." The robot turned it's head towards James and it's eyes glowed red. "And still you show no compassion, bzzt, or empathy, Ultimate James. Ultimate Florian was brainwashed and mistreated, bzzt. What is your excuse, bzzt?"

"Can you really not give it a rest for half a minute, Mr. Clement?" Oscar says, looking exasperated. "It's fine to admit you were sitting on your hands when things really counted, because it's the honest truth. I might still hold an ounce of respect for you after this is all over, if you'd show a bit of gratitude to the girl that actually saved this trial in its final moments?"

Shaking his head, Oscar finally turns his attention to the journal entries. "...unlike some of you, I can't say I still hold the butler in a positive light after hearing such things about m- about us. Though it might help that you weren't one of the few he went out of his way to speak ill of. Hmph, bad attitude indeed. A lot of good his 'help' did in the end..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Despite the reveal, Irene's attitude didn't change much. Was she... smiling?

"So, I see you figured it out. Splendid!" Her smile widens just a smidge. "Interesting. Truly, had you not chosen to fight desperately when backed up against the wall, I would have won this fight. I suppose human nature saved you. Yet, that is the same nature I took for granted and ignored. Maybe that was my only mistake."

Irene's attitude seems to do a complete 180 as her smile widens into more of a demonic grin. "I suppose there is no reason to keep who I am a secret from you. Yes, it is true that I did kill my parents. No, I do not feel any regret whatsoever. I've not felt any emotion in my life up until recently. When Florian was killed, all I wished to do was take the chance I had, avenge his death and get out of this hellish game. I did think I would have won. I am, after all, the perfect killer, though the odds were heavily against me it seems. Nothing that matters much now. Some of you would be asking, am I truly who I said I was?"

"Perhaps this will help you understand." Her right hand moves to her face, and mimics the action of taking off a mask. The same grin widens more.

"I am Irene Karanda, the Ultimate Facade. Though, my stay here will not be an extended one. Ask any questions now, if you have them."

"Bzzt, I have no questions for you," V.A.L. said.

"Wow. Fake talent. Don't let the look on my face fool you, I'm real shocked here. Real impressed." Jack yawned.

"I'm gonna go find some corner to rip in. Anybody else who wants to wait out this bullshit can feel free to join."

Happy Maria

"How dull", James said sullenly. "You disappoint me, Your Fakeness." He walked away to where Marlowe was, disinterested in the rest of the affair.
Page 83 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus