Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 85 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch3 Trial)Topic%20Title

Koichi looked nervously at Raul and back to his carton of milk. "W-Well, regardless, I do not want to believe Raul ate Florian's heart. Even for me, that is much too barbaric."

Jack looked confused at Bryan. "Why are you being such a mope today?"

fella

JesusMonroe wrote:
Jack looked confused at Bryan. "Why are you being such a mope today?"

Bryan raised his head up and shook it back and forth. "Sorry. Just got a lot of things goin' on in my head because of yesterday. And I didn't get much sleep last night, so, uh... there's that."

"Florian and Bryan were very close to my understanding...a recovery period is understandable."

"Oh shit, right!" Jack says, looking around the cafeteria in full clarity. "The trial and everything--I ripped so much last night that I almost forgot about all that for a second. Thought this place seemed way quieter..."

"Uh, sorry." He adds quickly to Bryan, looking embarrassed.

[put something witty here]

"It's a miracle you even remembered where you were this morning. I think we might need to find you a less harmful pastime before you burn away too many brain cells... after we've settled ourselves out a bit more." Oscar says, currently poking at his food with little interest.

"For sure. First thing when we get land." Jack said, giving a very decidedly unsubtle wink to Oscar.

[put something witty here]

"Oh, it's a deal." Oscar rolls his eyes at the gesture, though he can't help smirking afterwards.

Happy Maria

James simply sat in another chair, unusually quiet after the trial had ended for some reason. His thoughts were clearly someplace else.

fella

Bryan shakes his head, a small smile coming onto his face. "Nah, don't worry about it. Uh... where the hell do you keep so much weed, anyway? You have a toooon on you, dude. It's a little worrying, heheh."

"All that weed that he said he would try and quit," Koichi sighed, twirling his milk carton. "But I guess that is what they call, a 'defining characteristic.'"

Happy Maria

"You cannot teach an old dog new tricks", James sighed. "Especially not a mediocre mutt like Marlowe."

Unlike most of the others, Urumi didn't show up to the cafeteria that morning for whatever reason.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Chapter 4: He was the Bravest of Them All
“The Metropolitan Meltdown, huh…”

Disco music wafted through the room as a young man sat at a desk, tapping a pencil against his chin. It seemed her was attempting to look well-dressed and presentable, but his tie didn’t quite match his suit and a cowlick interrupted his neatly-combed hair. He leered at several pieces of paper through his transition lenses.

He slowly shuffled through the pages, muttering to himself. “The one event… that brought together all of these people…”

“But they never got the guy that did it, did they?”

The young man scratched his chin as he looked over eighteen photographs, framed almost like mugshots. They all had “UJTS” stamped on them somewhere.

“That man… they say he just ran off after the fact. But what if that’s not the truth? Could it be… that one of those guys is responsible?”

Suddenly, a low whirring sound interrupts his train of thought. He turns toward the fax machine in the corner and sees a small sheet of paper being churned out.

“Oh, must be the new motive!” He says as he walks over to the machine. “I wonder what the boss has cooked up this time.”

He tears off the paper and stares at it. He raises and eyebrow, his face twisting in confusion.

“What? You’ve got to be kidding me…”

A dull bell rings as the minute and hour hand unite over the 12. The students stare at the town below them. Though just as abandoned as the city they’d first arrived at, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise to them. The town only includes seven or eight buildings, all of which seem to be in disrepair. Where one would expect to see a road, there’s nothing but a dusty street with buildings flanking both sides. A scrub-covered plain surrounds the town, dry trees standing in the distance.

The blimp lands on one end of the street. As the passengers disembark, Otto waves a hand across the ghost town and says, “Welcome to, uhh… what’s this place called again? I think it’s El Pueblo de Tomás or something along those lines?”

“This place looks like an absolute travesty,” James remarks, “I can practically hear the wood rotting.”

“Hey, don’t judge a book by its cover!” Otto says, “I’d think by now you all would have at least learned that! Anyway, let’s take a look around! There’s a lot to see!”

Everyone looks out across the dusty road, but there isn’t really that much to see. Three two-story buildings take up the left side of the road, forming one single facade. These appear to be the post office, the bank, and the sheriff’s office. They all have porches with awnings and rocking chairs, and the bank, sitting in the center, has a large, extravagant clock on the front. It still seems to work, marking the current time as a little past 12. A telephone line emerges from the post office and stretches into the distance, and a water tower is visible far away too.

The right side is much the same, but it features four buildings instead: namely, a saloon, a tailor, an undertaker, and a stable. At the far end of the road is a set of railroad tracks running perpendicular to the town, and behind where the blimp is parked sits an outhouse, only slightly more clean than the one at the camp.

“A-Are those scorpions?” Urumi asks, staring underneath the porch of the saloon. “Geez, why can’t we go somewhere clean?

“Ms. Sawamatsu, I implore you, stop being so judgemental! Those scorpions are historically significant!” Otto says, “Now, take a look at these buildings! They’re each museums of a long distant past!”

Spoiler: Bank
The bank features a desk at the front, with a large, locked metal vault behind it. An antique cash register sits on the desk, and a chandelier hangs from the ceiling. Checking under the counter, the passengers find a locked safe and a gun… a revolver, specifically.

Spoiler: Post Office
This building also features a desk, behind which are several cubbies. Upon the desk sits a box of stationery, along with several writing implements, stamps, inks, wax, boxes, strings, and letter openers. A locked box and a grandfather clock are also in the room.

On the second floor, the passengers find a room containing a heavy wooden chest and a bed. The chest has several blankets in it, and a wood-burning stove sits in the room next to a pile of logs.

Spoiler: Sheriff’s Office
In the street outside of the sheriff’s office is a set of stocks. The sheriff’s desk is just inside, containing two sets of handcuffs, several ropes, a key ring, a sheriff’s badge, and another gun… also a revolver. A faint stench comes from the back of the room, which is lined with steel jail cells. Atop the jail cell is a small area for the sheriff to sleep in, and chains and padlocks can be found throughout the room. A small dog sleeps on the floor here. When the passengers approach, it awakens and kindly greets them.

Spoiler: Saloon
Behind the traditional swinging saloon doors are several tables with ashtrays. A bar is at the front, behind which is a wall filled with bottle, barrels, glasses, and a few old photographs. A shotgun is stashed under the counter. A small stage with red curtains sits to the side, with a player piano atop it. The entire room is decorated with hunting trophies, and a case along one wall features several kinds of guns. On either side are staircases leading up to a balcony, through which the bedrooms can be reached.

Spoiler: Tailor
A rack of shoes and hats sits by the door, featuring a variety of styles one wouldn't find out of place in a spaghetti western. Several mannequins are placed around the room, only one of which wearing a finished dress. A rack of suits line the back wall, with a sewing machine nearby. Going up the stairs, the passengers see several animal traps on the wall. In the bedroom on the top floor are two guns … one is a shotgun mounted on the wall and the other is a revolver in the bedside table.

Spoiler: Undertaker
This somewhat spooky room is filled with coffins, as well as hammers, nails, and woodworking equipment. There isn’t much else there though. At least there aren’t any guns.

Spoiler: Stable
A pitchfork rests in a mound of hay just inside, perhaps to feed the three horses standing inside the stables, looking somewhat confused. One is black, one is brown, and one is white. On the wall is a series of saddles and grooming and riding equipment.

As the passengers exit the stable, they see Otto attempting to lug a large cage back onto the blimp. When he notices them staring at him in abject confusion, he waves his hands about, says, “You didn’t see anything,” and continues what he was doing. Before anyone can remark on that strangeness, they hear Kyle’s voice over their bracelets.

“Hey guys, the boss just sent in a new motive, and you aren’t gonna believe what it says. Listen up: ‘All daily meals will be replaced by bad-tasting pre-packaged rations until someone is killed.’”

“…Seriously?” Jack asks, “That’s gotta be the lamest motive I’ve ever heard. What was I thinking?”

“I know, exactly. What happened to these motives?” Kyle asks, “Remember how cool the first one was? It got everyone panicking and thinking of ways to get around it… but since then, we’ve had some boring balloon hunt and some kinda replacement escape deal, both of which barely had anything to do with what actually happened!”

“Well, if you’re so upset about it, why don’t you try coming up with one?” Koichi asks.

“Y’know what? I think I will! Get this,” Kyle says, “Until a murder happens, uhh… you guys have to pick up after yourselves and keep the blimp tidy! No more relying on me, got it?”

“Err… Do we not already do all of that ourselves?” Keri asks.

“Uhh… Well, you see… The killer also gets, uhh… these really nice sandals I picked up on our supply run! How’s that sound?”

“Bzzt, I couldn't wear those sandals even if I wanted them, you know,” V.A.L. remarks.

“Well, in that case… uhh…” Kyle stammers. “Oh crap, I think the toilet’s clogged. I’ll talk to you guys later, okay? Peace!” He signs off without another word.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

"Pathetic", James spat. "This dilapidated old ghost town is our new location? Hmph." He proceeded to go see the dog in the sheriff's office.
Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch4 Daily Life)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

((Oh yeah and if you guys have any character ideas, even non-lethal ones, send them our way

OR DIE))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Mine!" Jack yelled, grabbing the revolver from the sheriff's office.

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:

James glared at Marlowe. "You look quite eager to use that."

fella

"Ooh, horses! I've always wanted to ride one! 'Course, I need to earn trust first, heh," Bryan remarked to himself as he began to make his way over to the stables. "Lots of guns here, too... Geez, it's like we walked right into the set of an old western movie!" he exclaimed.

As he walked along, he saw a scorpion on the path he was walking. Upon seeing the creature, he winced and turned to keep a wide berth away from it. "Not touchin' that with a ten-foot pole..."

Southern Corn wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

James glared at Marlowe. "You look quite eager to use that."

Jack couldn't hear James as he already began to clean out one of his ears with the barrel.

Shy guy

"Ugh, those animal trophies are disgusting..." Keri muttered, leaving the group and heading for the saloon to take them down.

"Gee, an extra pair of sandals, how could I POSSIBLY resist?" Urumi sighed. "Okay, how about this? We gather up all the bullets, then dump them in a bottle of beer or something. Sound good?"

Happy Maria

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Gee, an extra pair of sandals, how could I POSSIBLY resist?" Urumi sighed. "Okay, how about this? We gather up all the bullets, then dump them in a bottle of beer or something. Sound good?"

"What if one of you simpletons decide to suddenly down the bottle?", James asked. " I cannot put it past you ingrates so easily, after all."

"BZzt, perhaps we can gather up all the guns and lock them in the safe?" V.A.L. suggested.

"I don't care." Jack said, throwing the gun casually onto the floor. "Do what you want."

He then crouches and approaches the dog, hands on his knees. "Most importantly, who's this little guy?" Given his tone of voice he was addressing the dog himself.

Happy Maria

James went near the dog too. "He appears quite respectable, unlike the rest of you", he scoffed. "What shall we call you? ...Perhaps Roger would be a good name."

"Hmmm, 'Constantine' was the first thing to pop in my head but I guess I'm fine with Roger too."

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Hmmm, 'Constantine' was the first thing to pop in my head but I guess I'm fine with Roger too."

"Of course. Anyway", James beckoned to the dog. "Come now, Roger. Who's a good boy?"

[can we get lone to play the dog please]

Southern Corn wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"What if one of you simpletons decide to suddenly down the bottle?", James asked. " I cannot put it past you ingrates so easily, after all."

"I mean, if someone is dumb enough to actually do that, it's their own fault."

"I don't know about this gun solution, actually." Jack said, absentmindedly petting the dog. "It seems much more interesting and fair if everybody gets a gun. Tachi-kun already has one, and we could sleep knowing we can't be killed by a gun since we'd each have one."

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
"I don't know about this gun solution, actually." Jack said, absentmindedly petting the dog. "It seems much more interesting and fair if everybody gets a gun. Tachi-kun already has one, and we could sleep knowing we can't be killed by a gun since we'd each have one."

"So like the laws of Texas, essentially?", James contemplated. "Perhaps an easier solution is to give someone trustworthy- such as myself- all the guns so that they can be protected. Or maybe just keep them inside the safe in the bank."

Shy guy

"VAL is right," Keri said, walking closer to the group with a big pile of animal trophies in her hands. "The safe seems a good place for them. We would need someone to hold on to the key or combination, though, of course."

After saying this she moved on, heading for a patch of ground a ways off. The trophies were left neatly lined up on the ground in a somewhat macabre display, and then she headed back to pick up some more.

Raul, who seemed oddly excited about seeing the dog, drew his attention towards the guns instead.

"Right, we have to keep these in a safe place." He picked the gun up from the ground. "Which includes not being anywhere near you." He said to James.

"Giving everyone guns doesn't sound like a good idea, though. I think we should just keep all the guns and the ammo in separate, safe places to make it hard for anyone to be able to do something with them."
Signature loading, please wait...

"Put them all in a safe? Jesus, it's like you guys are trying to make our daily lives as boring as possible." Jack sighed. "Let's be real, some way or another, a gun's gonna be used by the trial no matter what we try anyway. Remember how the universe responded to us when we tried to burn the book?"

Happy Maria

Cesar Zero wrote:
Raul, who seemed oddly excited about seeing the dog, drew his attention towards the guns instead.

"Right, we have to keep these in a safe place." He picked the gun up from the ground. "Which includes not being anywhere near you." He said to James.

"Giving everyone guns doesn't sound like a good idea, though. I think we should just keep all the guns and the ammo in separate, safe places to make it hard for anyone to be able to do something with them."

"Why not?", James questioned. "I'm the most trustworthy member in this godforsaken group. I say it's worth giving them all to me, no?"

fella

Bryan glances over to see the large group gathered, decides to walk over and join them, just to socialize. He hears James's latest comment and immediately shakes his head. "Yeah, no. I nominate legitimately anyone else."

"Bzzt, I have a cavity in my torso that we could stack the bullets in," V.A.L. offered, and demonstrated by opening a flap on the front of it's torso, revealing a storage space.

Happy Maria

"Of course. Let's shoot them all in for safety purposes", James suggested.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Put them all in a safe? Jesus, it's like you guys are trying to make our daily lives as boring as possible." Jack sighed. "Let's be real, some way or another, a gun's gonna be used by the trial no matter what we try anyway. Remember how the universe responded to us when we tried to burn the book?"

"Boring...? Half the people we started this stupid trip with are DEAD!" Urumi snapped furiously. "And you want to make things more 'exciting' by just handing everyone a loaded gun? How many more people need to die before you start having 'fun', Jack?!"

She bit back the tears forming in her eyes before spinning around and stomping off to the tailor shop. "Fine!" she shouted behind her. "If any of you idiots want to play cowboy, go right ahead! See if I care if you get shot!"

"My gun was left behind in my room, and now look at all of these weapons. It is as if we are in a Western..."

Koichi sighed and headed into the Saloon. He had a date with the bar.
Page 85 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus